PDA

View Full Version : Steve Jobs told Obama he would be a one-time President

mello
10-20-2011, 11:39 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/20/steve-jobs-biography-obama_n_1022786.html

"You're headed for a one-term presidency," he told Obama at the start of their meeting, insisting that the administration needed to be more business-friendly. As an example, Jobs described the ease with which companies can build factories in China compared to the United States, where "regulations and unnecessary costs" make it difficult for them.

Jobs also criticized America's education system, saying it was "crippled by union work rules," noted Isaacson. "Until the teachers' unions were broken, there was almost no hope for education reform." Jobs proposed allowing principals to hire and fire teachers based on merit, that schools stay open until 6 p.m. and that they be open 11 months a year.

cooker263
10-20-2011, 11:51 PM
The good news is that people have been praising Jobs over the past two weeks because he's an independent thinker - the whole "Think Different" campaign. As this spreads all across the news tomorrow, hopefully some of these people will consider that in regards to these statements that are coming out. We'll see - as we know it's the ideas that matter - not the headliner about the President.

Definitely quite the dagger in the mainstream liberal community to hear the deregulation, pro-educational freedom, and union-bashing quotes.

I also like the fact that he didn't bow down to the President. This is something I always think about - I've always felt that respect needs to be earned and people are always so concerned about the fame/photo-op/etc. Sounds like he was actually *honest* and blunt. The true anti-Warren Buffet.

Reason
10-21-2011, 12:06 AM
I wish I had liberal friends to send this to...

But now that I think about it... I don't think I have any liberal friends...

Restore America Now
10-21-2011, 12:07 AM
I knew there was another unknown reason that I always admired that man. ;)

moostraks
10-21-2011, 01:50 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/20/steve-jobs-biography-obama_n_1022786.html

that schools stay open until 6 p.m. and that they be open 11 months a year.

yeah...just what we need...more indoctrination time!!!

True outside the box thinking for education involves being supportive of alternative education NOT more of the same garbage for longer hours. Some teachers may suck but the larger problem is the curriculum and you aren't going to get better outcome by more of the same.

KingRobbStark
10-21-2011, 02:09 AM
Great man. Just earned my respect.

klamath
10-21-2011, 06:44 AM
If that is the way he really felt why did he exclusively donate to democrats including Rahm Emanuel?

Kludge
10-21-2011, 06:51 AM
Would be... if he didn't appear more business-friendly. Doesn't read like any type of condemnation, just verbal strategy to get Obama to do what he wants.

iamse7en
10-21-2011, 07:54 AM

haha.

Cdn_for_liberty
10-21-2011, 08:37 AM
lefty reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CZGIn9bpALo#t=56s

Lucille
10-21-2011, 08:44 AM
http://www.atlas-shrugged-movie.com/2011/08/did-atlas-shrugged-help-inspire-steve-jobs-to-start-apple/

According to a new Bloomberg interview with Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak, the young Steve Jobs may have been inspired by Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged, among other books, in his ambitions with Apple.
[...]
Mr. Jobs was at the same screening as I on opening night at Shoreline Theatres in Mtn. View a few months ago. I doubt he would have bothered to make it out to a busy opening night showing (especially as frail as he was) unless he was a fan of Atlas Shrugged.

Imaginos
10-21-2011, 08:12 PM
More respect for Steve Jobs!

pauliticalfan
10-21-2011, 08:16 PM
The Politico article I read said one of his last phone calls with Obama was to offer to help him with reelection ads for 2012, so I'm pretty sure he still supported him.

Imaginos
10-21-2011, 08:43 PM
The Politico article I read said one of his last phone calls with Obama was to offer to help him with reelection ads for 2012, so I'm pretty sure he still supported him.
I can give Obama the best advice he'll ever have.
My advice would boost economy like no other.
My advice is, Obama should just announce "I quit".

moderate libertarian
10-21-2011, 11:53 PM

No sweat, just send these to your libertarian friends. In my observation, 60-70% of Libertarians tend to be very liberal on various issues.