PDA

View Full Version : It ain't gonna go any faster!!! It is already backed up for hours!

Hook
11-05-2007, 10:57 PM
If you guys watch, the thing is going to keep going for another 3 hours or so just to process the backlog.
If the campaign is smart they will count that in, since it isn't our fault their transaction processor is a p.o.s.

SwooshOU
11-05-2007, 10:58 PM
I wonder if that's the case...

RonPaulFever
11-05-2007, 10:59 PM
There is probably some backlog, but to continue for hours? I doubt that. Nevertheless, I hope you're right :D

john_anderson_ii
11-05-2007, 11:04 PM
I wonder if that's the case...

Is there any evidence to support this backlog that people are talking about? I work in this industry, and I can tell you a CC capture doesn't take any time at all. A threaded application could probably post literally millions an hour. In reality, if there is a backlog, then it's more probable that the bottle neck is in their database systems that record the transactions for reporting purposes. Likely it's not the processor at all, but the database and reporting system they are using to archive and display transaction data.

I sure would like to know for sure.

devil21
11-05-2007, 11:06 PM
The last few updates were only $500 or so each. I dont think there is a backlog.
(But I hope Im wrong!)

V4Vendetta
I don't know how those logs work for sure, But It seems that there shouldn't be a back log, unless it is just overwhelmed, like www.ronpaulforums.com used to be

If thats the case.... Ehh EMMM

FUCK YEAH...
AMERICA!!

Channing
It could be that there is some kind artificial limit on receiving money per hour rate imposed by the credit card companies.

freedominnumbers
11-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Is there any evidence to support this backlog that people are talking about? I work in this industry, and I can tell you a CC capture doesn't take any time at all. A threaded application could probably post literally millions an hour. In reality, if there is a backlog, then it's more probable that the bottle neck is in their database systems that record the transactions for reporting purposes. Likely it's not the processor at all, but the database and reporting system they are using to archive and display transaction data.

You hit the key phrase, threaded.

If it has multiple processing threads than I think there is no backlog. If it is a single thread application than there is a good possibility of a backlog.

I have seen some people post that they got a bank charge even though they didn't get the conf email though. This last bit has me thinking it's probably no backlogged.

amonasro
11-05-2007, 11:07 PM
It could be that there is some kind artificial limit on receiving money per hour rate imposed by the credit card companies.

A guy just on Ron Paul Radio said they could only handle 750 an hour?

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-05-2007, 11:10 PM
^^ right then we would be wayyyyy down to like 18,000 only
lol

conner_condor
11-05-2007, 11:11 PM

Then why does banks tell you if you make a transaction after a certain hr it won't be counted till the next bussiness day? Even if it is 3PM and the banks are open till
5 most time..

Second_Tier_My_Ass
11-05-2007, 11:11 PM
absolutely that's the case.

every donation drive always has a huge surge at the very end. if you check the graphs, there is no such surge. just a straight line like we've seen all day. that line will continue going up whether we keep donating or not, probably for at least a few hours. and all of that money was actually donated on the 5th. it was merely counted on the 6th.

amonasro
11-05-2007, 11:12 PM
^^ right then we would be wayyyyy down to like 18,000 only
lol

Must have heard wrong, lol, the caller speculated the CC company was restricting it in some capacity.

freedominnumbers
11-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Then why does banks tell you if you make a transaction after a certain hr it won't be counted till the next bussiness day? Even if it is 3PM and the banks are open till
5 most time..

That's a totally different thing.

saahmed
11-05-2007, 11:16 PM
I don't think there is any backlog. I donated about an hour ago and I got my confirmation email immediately and my name scrolled across the screen about a minute later.

mrd
11-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Perhaps the processing engine ensures each donor's name is listed once by the flash front-end, by imposing an artificial speed limit on the transaction log .. ?