PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin gives shout out to RP about foreign policy on Hannity.

crhoades
10-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Stunned.

Mod edit: link with video enclosed: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/10/20/palin_praises_ron_paul_for_foreign_policy_position _on_libya.html

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Stunned.

Maybe she's not as stupid as everyone labelled her to be.

kojirodensetsu
I really wish she would endorse Ron Paul. It could do huge things for him.

Okie RP fan
What went on?

Should I even dare to ask?

GeorgiaAvenger
10-20-2011, 07:08 PM
LINK TUBE SOMETHING

crhoades
10-20-2011, 07:08 PM
It was regarding Paul calling out Obama on Libya.

Captain Shays
10-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Like the old guy with a reputation once said to a young politician who was running for office. "I can be for ya or against ya whatever would do ya better"

pauladin
10-20-2011, 07:10 PM
even if he doesn't want to give buckets of money to israel?

CrissyNY
10-20-2011, 07:10 PM

I think you're right

I also think it would be great for her; it would make her look a lot smarter

Lucille
10-20-2011, 07:11 PM
What did she say?

rideurlightning
10-20-2011, 07:12 PM
I was going nuts when that happened. I actually came back to talk about it lmao.

Sentinelrv
10-20-2011, 07:13 PM
What did she say?

This

Fermli
10-20-2011, 07:16 PM
OP u could have at least paraphrased for us...

r3volution
10-20-2011, 07:17 PM
not gonna happen unless Paul says we should give a few billion more in aid to israel and nuke iran .

crhoades
10-20-2011, 07:18 PM
I added a bit more in the thread. I'm sure there will be a tube up soon. Plus I'm on a mobile and hate typing things out. Will be more diligent next time.

coffeewithchess
10-20-2011, 07:19 PM
I think you're right

I also think it would be great for her; it would make her look a lot smarter

Well, I think it's the main reason Hannity wants RP on his show now so much, especially since the last election...
Hannity is a businessman, and he knows RP can sell books...Hannity has "written" a few books before, and I can see him wanting another one, and why not get RP's base to buy your book?

mpdsapuser
10-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Of course, she prefaced her comments with a disclaimer that, "you may not agree with everything Ron Paul has to say but..." Yeah, great she likes that Ron Paul is the only person Congress with any conviction to follow the Constitution but because he wants to end all foreign welfare and limit government, he's fringe.

QuickZ06
10-20-2011, 07:21 PM
In for video!

InTradePro
10-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Palin on the CNN debate: Palin: Gingrich won the debate (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/19/palin-gingrich-won-the-debate-2/)

pauliticalfan
10-20-2011, 07:22 PM
tube

QuickZ06
10-20-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm sure the only reason Newt was so calm and cool was b.c he just got done having sex with some hooker 15 minutes before the whole debate.

GeorgiaAvenger
10-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Palin on the CNN debate: Palin: Gingrich won the debate (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/19/palin-gingrich-won-the-debate-2/)
He always does

With no bias involved, he is the best

jax
10-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Lube

Carehn
10-20-2011, 07:30 PM
OMG lube the tube! What do I pay you people for?

angelatc
10-20-2011, 07:30 PM
What has my life come to. I'm here on the internet, begging for a Hannity tube.

There's gotta be a support group or something.....

GeorgiaAvenger
10-20-2011, 07:33 PM
And I would also appreciate a tube of the FreedomWatch Pat Buchanan interview

Lucille
10-20-2011, 07:34 PM

Bwah!

KramerDSP
10-20-2011, 07:36 PM
I am playing it back and transcribing it.. BRB

mwkaufman
10-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Hannity: So was he trying to, in that sense, go above and beyond what his authority was?

Palin: Well again I think there's a lot of inconsistency and murky foreign policy coming out of this White House. And you know, you've got to hand it to Ron Paul. Whether you agree with everything that he says or not at least he is one there in Congress trying to make our President stick to the law, and understand that Congress does have a role to play in these foreign policy decisions that are made. And Ron Paul, I think, has hit the nail on the head when he's come out and said that Obama had better be careful when he interjects himself and our country in other nation's business.

Hannity: What do you make of Herman Cain...

mpdsapuser
10-20-2011, 07:38 PM
I love how Hannity acted like what Sarah Palin just said never happened and transitioned to Herman Cain.

HeyArchie
10-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Hannity: So was he trying to, in that sense, go above and beyond what his authority was?

Palin: Well again I think there's a lot of inconsistency and murky foreign policy coming out of this White House. And you know, you've got to hand it to Ron Paul. Whether you agree with everything that he says or not at least he is one there in Congress trying to make our President stick to the law, and understand that Congress does have a role to play in these foreign policy decisions that are made. And Ron Paul, I think, has hit the nail on the head when he's come out and said that Obama had better be careful when he interjects himself and our country in other nation's business.

lol Ron who?

KramerDSP
10-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Hannitty: Skeptical of Arab spring.. Was warning..

Palin: We need to be cognizant of the evolving situation

Very glad tyrant is finally gone

But will islamists take over and tribal warfare?

Let me ask something tho to this regime change

Ironic that those on left had been so dismissive of reagnans air strikes and calling it criminal act back in 1986

Now applauding death of gaddafi

incosnistencies in forgien policy, NATO, white hbouse, hypocrisy of the left

Good thing gaddafi is dead

Hannnity: Even Bush got authorization via war powers act. He is CIC, he can do. With that said, Obama exceeding even what Bush did. We contol 65% of NATO ? Above and beyond ?

Palin: A lot of inconsistency like I said. Ya gotta give it to Ron Paul, agree or disagree with all of his policies...

At least he was the one in cognress trying to get our President to explain his actions about Libya and exceeding his authorities...

RP has hit the nail on the head when he said Obama has interjected himself in other nations businesses..

Hannity: What dof you think of Herman Cain?

CrissyNY
10-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Wow, that was a definite shout out.

Palin did not have to mention RP, but she specifically did.

Hmm, so what did she say about Herman Cain?

Lucille
10-20-2011, 07:43 PM

LOL @ Hannity!

Sarah is (re)learning a few things. She was a Buchananite, after all.

freejack
10-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Hannity is a petty little man.

ctiger2
10-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Maybe she's not as stupid as everyone labelled her to be.

No, she's mostly ignorant. However, she's IS smart at positioning herself to either PROFIT or gain some kind of POWER. Say it over and over PROFIT, POWER, PROFIT, POWER, PROFIT, POWER... This is how $arah lulz herself to sleep every night.

trey4sports
10-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Thanks Sarah :)

InTradePro
10-20-2011, 07:46 PM
No, she's mostly ignorant. However, she's IS smart at positioning herself to either PROFIT or gain some kind of POWER. Say it over and over PROFIT, POWER, PROFIT, POWER, PROFIT, POWER... This is how $arah lulz herself to sleep every night.

I give her more credit. She is learning a lot from Dr Paul.

jct74
10-20-2011, 07:48 PM
starts @1:43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTQvHsliGcY

CJLauderdale4
10-20-2011, 07:49 PM

Let's be honest - they all are learning from him. Every debate, every week, you're hearing another candidate come out saying something that only Ron Paul would've said before that moment.

Don't be surprised if they all start plagiarizing Ron's spending plan and department cuts.

GeorgiaAvenger
10-20-2011, 07:49 PM
Can you change the title to something RP positive?

R3volutionJedi
10-20-2011, 07:53 PM
starts @1:43

I think im going to write her a letter asking for her endorsement of Ron Paul

harikaried
10-20-2011, 08:22 PM
RealClearPolitics has a story about this too:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/10/20/palin_praises_ron_paul_for_foreign_policy_position _on_libya.html

Napolitanic Wars
10-20-2011, 08:32 PM
I think im going to write her a letter asking for her endorsement of Ron Paul

If she endorsed Paul I would get on my knees and kiss her feet...and her pretty, beautiful legs...and...um, excuse me...:)

anaconda
10-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Kudos to Sarah. Sounds like she's starting to do a little homework so that she can speak more intelligently and with some confidence. Her dopey choice of words and poor phrasings were virtually nonexistent here. Nice job. Sounds like she has a soft spot for Rick Perry. Kind of disconcerting. Will be interesting to she if she endorses, and, if so, who.

Blankstare
10-20-2011, 08:52 PM
If she endorsed Paul I would get on my knees and kiss her feet...and her pretty, beautiful legs...and...um, excuse me...:)

This

dbill27
10-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Let's be honest - they all are learning from him. Every debate, every week, you're hearing another candidate come out saying something that only Ron Paul would've said before that moment.

Don't be surprised if they all start plagiarizing Ron's spending plan and department cuts.

I would love it if they plagiarized Ron's spending plan and cuts.

Okie RP fan
10-20-2011, 09:03 PM

I find something new they copy from Ron Paul every debate.

walt
10-20-2011, 09:06 PM
I would love it if they plagiarized Ron's spending plan and cuts.

Uhm, no, actually you wouldn't.

Bill Clinton, stole Paul Tsongas' budget plan from A Call To Economic Arms in 1992, used his big money backers to get elected, then did ZERO of it. It would continue the cycle of BS.

NIU Students for Liberty
10-20-2011, 09:13 PM

She and the rest of the GOP field are not learning anything other than how to make a profit. The Republicans will plagiarize bits and pieces of his platform and polish them off into 30 second sound bites. As soon as they have the chance in office, they'll go back to their old ways. Red Team vs. Blue Team is all they care about.

kuckfeynes
10-20-2011, 09:20 PM
I can hardly believe that's Sarah Palin talking. It's like night and day compared to the last cycle. It's like watching the dumbest kid in 4th grade become the smartest kid in 8th. Thank God she didn't jump in!

Sub-Zer0
10-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Palin has definitely read more material since she had to write her core beliefs on her hand to remember them, I've never heard her half as insightful as she was today on Hannity.

iamse7en
10-20-2011, 09:21 PM
If Palin endorses RP, I will cut off my nuts. Not gonna happen. Bookmark this promise. My word is my bond.

TexAg09
10-20-2011, 09:25 PM
If Palin endorses RP, I will cut off my nuts. Not gonna happen. Bookmark this promise. My word is my bond.
Bookmarked

MJU1983
10-20-2011, 09:28 PM
RealClearPolitics has a story about this too:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/10/20/palin_praises_ron_paul_for_foreign_policy_position _on_libya.html

Thanks for the link, I turned it into a Tweet: http://twitter.com/#!/mju1983/status/127224365195599873

LibertyEsq
10-20-2011, 09:38 PM
She keeps mentioning Ron Paul out of nowhere, without being even remotely prompted to. She clearly likes him.

We should be writing very nice letters to Palin thanking her for her kind words and asking her to endorse Ron

mpdsapuser
10-20-2011, 09:44 PM
And that RCP article of course has to slant against RP:

"As for the Republican candidates, Palin praised Rick Perry for his upcoming flat tax plan. She also had positive words for Herman Cain. Palin believes Cain can keep his momentum going."

Yes, because Ron Paul a) is not a Republican and B) not a candidate, apparently.

Karsten
10-20-2011, 10:01 PM
More fuel to you diehard "she'll endorse Ron Paul" true believers.

Karsten
10-20-2011, 10:02 PM
She keeps mentioning Ron Paul out of nowhere, without being even remotely prompted to. She clearly likes him.

We should be writing very nice letters to Palin thanking her for her kind words and asking her to endorse Ron

As nice as you can get them. Borderline love letters. Entice her!

Karsten
10-20-2011, 10:04 PM

Get the scissors ready.

RDM
10-20-2011, 10:16 PM
Palin WILL NOT endorse anyone. Mark my words. She's riding the gravy train writing books and speaker engagements. She will not risk that by endorsing any candidate for fear of losing which would come back on her. She has been coached to just talk about issues. Throw some bones toward candidates once in awhile and leave it at that without being pegged to a candidate. Actually its a smart move on her part money wise.

LibertyEsq
10-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Palin WILL NOT endorse anyone. Mark my words. She's riding the gravy train writing books and speaker engagements. She will not risk that by endorsing any candidate for fear of losing which would come back on her. She has been coached to just talk about issues. Throw some bones toward candidates once in awhile and leave it at that without being pegged to a candidate. Actually its a smart move on her part money wise.

I see her endorsing the "anti-Romney", the only problem is she'll probably do it so late in the race that the "anti-Romney" will have already been decided

newyearsrevolution08
10-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Who knows what she MIGHT do. She is a funny lady BUT has a ton of support behind her.

Carole
10-20-2011, 10:30 PM

She cannot do that and keep her lucrative contract with Fox. :D

This is the second time in the past two weeks she has dropped a positive about Dr. Paul. Being subtle, dropping little tidbits here and there...isn't she telegraphing something to the boting public? After all, she knows how the media, including Fox, feels about Paul; so she is doing what she can perhaps. :D

Carole
10-20-2011, 10:35 PM
LINK TUBE SOMETHING

In another surprising move, Palin praised Ron Paul for his consistency in his policy of government intervention. She said the Texas Congressman and presidential candidate "hit the nail on the head" for calling out Obama and the U.S. government when they get involved in the business of nations.

"You've got to give it to Ron Paul. Whether you agree with everything he says or not, at least he is one there in Congress trying to make our President stick to the law and understand that Congress does have a role to play in these foreign policy decisions that are made and Ron Paul, I think hit the nail on the head, when he came out and said Obama had better be careful when he interjects himself and our country in other nations' business," she said.

h xxp://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/10/20/palin_praises_ron_paul_for_foreign_policy_position _on_libya.html

Carole
10-20-2011, 10:45 PM

Go back tothe original post and check out the link. :eek:

Carehn
10-20-2011, 10:55 PM
I don't care if she is coming around, She is still an idiot.

Edit - If you are a new supporter and like SP then please understand this comment is to mean nothing but love.

TheTexan
10-21-2011, 12:04 AM
I've always liked Palin. She seems like a nice person. She's changed a lot from 4 years ago, for sure... more educated & informed, and a lot closer to our positions.

In my opinion she's close enough now to our positions where if she's honest & genuine, she'll endorse Ron Paul. If she's a hack like some of you claim, she won't. The proof is in the pudding I guess, we'll see.

TheTexan
10-21-2011, 12:09 AM
I don't care if she is coming around, She is still an idiot.

She says dumb things from time to time, but I'm willing to chalk that up to inexperience. She says fewer dumb things nowadays.

I don't think I would ever vote for her, but I would much rather have an honest & dumb person as President rather than a lying genius.

anaconda
10-21-2011, 12:19 AM

I hope you're referring to cashews, almonds, filberts, and the like...

PauliticsPolitics
10-21-2011, 12:26 AM
Don't forget this vintage favorite, from August 2008 (from when Palin was a governor, not quite a celeb yet.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-YglP4clX0A

I think she is generally down with Paul, but I would be surprised if she endorsed him.

10-21-2011, 01:00 AM

Would you like scissors or a straight-razor? I think it's damn possible.

gb13
10-21-2011, 01:52 AM
I don't think she'd be saying the same thing if a Republican were in office. But, hey I wouldn't mind if she gave Ron her endorsement.

Xenophage
10-21-2011, 02:05 AM
Sarah Palin goes the way the wind blows. This is just proof of our effect on the larger political debate.

TheTyke
10-21-2011, 02:32 AM
I made this video to reach out to Palin supporters, and maybe even inspire some to donate. Rand used a clip of Palin defending him on FOX very effectively in KY. Remember, elections are won by attracting a large number of voters and broadening one's support.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UArZO3N1IHY

Billay
10-21-2011, 02:36 AM
Sarah Palin loves attention I wish our supporters were smart enough to do an endorsement bomb.

Karsten
10-21-2011, 02:42 AM
Would you like scissors or a straight-razor? I think it's damn possible.

How about we blow them off with one hell of a moneybomb if she endorses Ron

Karsten
10-21-2011, 02:42 AM
Sarah Palin loves attention I wish our supporters were smart enough to do an endorsement bomb.

Who said we weren't?

Billay
10-21-2011, 02:47 AM
Who said we weren't?

I figured like every other candidate on here not named Ron Paul, Palin is a neo-con NWO schill and we should spend our time with the marxist occupying wall street.

RonPaulwillWin
10-21-2011, 03:43 AM

I thought that last part was a joke.

Fr0m_3ur0pe
10-21-2011, 03:59 AM
I figured like every other candidate on here not named Ron Paul, Palin is a neo-con NWO schill and we should spend our time with the marxist occupying wall street.

Haha, hit the nail!

ThePursuitOfLiberty
10-21-2011, 04:56 AM

This kind of stuff is exactly what we don't need to win an election.

And I don't care the repercussions I get for that comment.

Yes, Alex Jones et al do a lot for press towards Paul and his campaign.
Yet, the Alex Jones crowd ALREADY will vote for Paul.

We need to broaden the base, marketing it to the main stream media and candidates.

It just so happens that Rand did that during his campaign, received Palin's endorsement, and yes - it did wonders for him.

I understand we all have a healthy bit of skepticism regarding certain people - that is fine and dandy.
But to use this type of language... "NWO Shill".... What do you think the 1K+ visitors on this site say as soon as they see that post?

It's simple.... We built a marketing plan for Paul and his campaign. We use those words, we lose a huge percentage of people who label us as "Uncle Ron's Supporters", "Far-Right", and "Un-electable". I've seen it happen first hand... on many, many occasions.

And mind you, this is NOT a post to insult Jones or any of what he does. But they way he portrays his message is not the same way Paul and his campaign should portray theirs. (Neither is it they way that the Paul grassroots should, either, because it's not a long-term viable option if we are serious about him wanting to win the candidacy)

Corey
10-21-2011, 05:55 AM
Let the Sarah Palin seduction begin!

I will be one of those writing directly to her, asking for an endorsement. No, I don't like the Israel-worshipping foreign policy... But lets learn from our mentor and have some humility! I doubt that anyone on this board can say they've been awakened and aware since day one.

I wouldn't go writing letters to Hannity lol. But the fact is, she endorsed Rand, and she IS bringing RP up out of nowhere!

milo10
10-21-2011, 06:19 AM
Sarah Palin will endorse Ron Paul if it looks like he has a clear chance of winning the nomination, e.g., he wins Iowa. It's a little bit of a catch-22, but it would definitely be a huge momentum builder. Whatever you think of her, Sarah is more paleocon than most of the big conservative names nowadays.

Todd
10-21-2011, 06:20 AM

This^

But let's remember....it's Rush Limbaughs plan. ;)

Bruno
10-21-2011, 06:26 AM
Hannity might as well have replied, "Hey look, there goes Elvis!" and ran off the set at the mention of Ron Paul.

apex
10-21-2011, 06:33 AM
Sarah Palin has an Israeli flag in her office... but she supports Ron Pauls foreign policy? FLIP FLOP MUCH?

EBounding
10-21-2011, 07:30 AM
I like Palin as a person, just not for president.

She obviously doesn't agree with the rest of Paul's foreign policy, but she might be one of the few conservatives that wouldn't be devastated if he won the nomination.

klamath
10-21-2011, 08:01 AM
Except for support of Israel (like Johnson and Shiff) Palin has had one of the most non interventionist foreign policies. She obviously liked RP even before she became a national figure and you don't endorse Bucanan if you are a neocon. Many people ignored her non intervenionist streak because they thought she was in direct competition to RP and HAD to attack her. Whether she will endorse RP, I don't think so mainly because of the religous connection to Israel.

erowe1
10-21-2011, 08:08 AM
Except for support of Israel (like Johnson and Shiff) Palin has had one of the most non interventionist foreign policies.

What do you base that on?

When she ran for VP she sure didn't seem to have one. I remember her quoting McCain's "We are all Georgians" line like she thought it was the height of statesmanship. She was also for the Iraq war.

cornell
10-21-2011, 10:17 AM
Sarah Palin has an Israeli flag in her office... but she supports Ron Pauls foreign policy? FLIP FLOP MUCH?

Belief in Ron Paul's foreign policy is not at odds with personal support for Israel.

erowe1
10-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Didn't Palin have some kind of falling out with Krystol et al recently?

Maybe she's thumbing her nose at them now.

trey4sports
10-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Didn't Palin have some kind of falling out with Krystol et al recently?

Maybe she's thumbing her nose at them now.

yeah, i don't think it's so much that she is thumbing her nose at them i think the issue is that she is genuinely coming more and more our way (non-interventionism). I doubt she would endorse Ron but I think she is trending more our way.

limequat
10-21-2011, 10:44 AM

You can use that bond to reattach your testicles after Palin endorses RP.

RoyalShock
10-21-2011, 10:56 AM
You can use that bond to reattach your testicles after Palin endorses RP.

Okay, that made me laugh. Especially considering I had a vasectomy a week ago.

libertarian4321
10-21-2011, 11:25 AM
I'm sure the only reason Newt was so calm and cool was b.c he just got done having sex with some hooker 15 minutes before the whole debate.

Show some respect, the hooker of today could be the "Mrs. Newt Gingrich" of the future.

Gingrich's current wife (no. 3) is 45 now- the time is about right for Newt to cheat on her, dump her and grab someone half her age.

Newt's "family values" have a very short shelf life...