PDA

View Full Version : Judge Tosses Out Lawmakers’ Challenge to Obama’s Libya Policy

sailingaway
10-20-2011, 03:09 PM
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/10/20/judge-tosses-out-lawmakers-challenge-to-obamas-libya-policy/

hazek
10-20-2011, 03:16 PM
How dare you question your overlords mundane!

Travlyr
10-20-2011, 03:16 PM
U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton in Washington tossed out the lawsuit in a 23-page opinion, saying the lawmakers had no right to bring the case.

Who does this guy think he is?

phill4paul
10-20-2011, 03:21 PM
So, if the president decides to bomb Moscow or Beijing then as long as he did it in a limited capacity then it is o.k.?

Anti Federalist
10-20-2011, 03:22 PM
The White House said that, given the limited nature of the U.S. operation in Libya, congressional authorization wasn’t needed. Mr. Obama told Congress that he directed U.S. air strikes pursuant to his constitutional authority to conduct U.S. foreign relations and as commander in chief.

Well, I suppose, in the Bizarro World that we find ourselves in, dropping bombs on another country are "foreign relations" of some sort.

Anti Federalist
10-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Who does this guy think he is?

An enabler of the Imperial Presidency and protector of the decisions of Our Glorious Leader.

What's your problem, Mundane?

Reported.

Travlyr
10-20-2011, 05:24 PM
An enabler of the Imperial Presidency and protector of the decisions of Our Glorious Leader.

What's your problem, Mundane?

Reported.
Lolz.. I'm not scared of the black helicopters overhead.

My problem is that I don't have access to the powers-that-be to let them know what I think of their shenanigans. My Senators? Nope. My Congressman? Nope. Governor? Nope. They are all a bunch of chicken shits hiding in their mansions being all proud of how many people they helped kill this week to keep me safe. Heck some of them even seem to rejoice in slaughtering thousands of people that the old media covers up on the "nightly news" by calling them "terrorists" that will come and get me if it weren't for their protection. Assholes.

Yeah... I have a big problem with the illegitimate rulers of our day.

HOLLYWOOD
10-20-2011, 05:26 PM
http://blog.chron.com/clemens/files/2011/07/Reggie-Walton.jpg

U.S. District Fudge Reggie Walton has declared a mistrial in Roger Clemens' perjury case

Travlyr
10-20-2011, 05:32 PM
So that's the judge that can't read? What gives him the right to circumvent the U.S. Constitution of 1787?

klamath
10-20-2011, 05:33 PM
As long as he is popular people drift towards given up their democratically elected representive government toward a emperior. "Hail Julius Caesar!" Think people would larn something after over 2000 years....guess not.

Cutlerzzz
10-20-2011, 05:36 PM
Lolz.. I'm not scared of the black helicopters overhead.Racism.

Constitution

Slavery. Segregation.

Braaaiiins.

Travlyr
10-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Racism.

Slavery. Segregation.

Braaaiiins.
They might be white helicopters... not sure. :)

Ignoring the Constitution is not working no matter what you think of it.

Anti Federalist
10-20-2011, 05:42 PM
My problem is that I don't have access to the powers-that-be to let them know what I think of their shenanigans. My Senators? Nope. My Congressman? Nope. Governor? Nope. They are all a bunch of chicken shits hiding in their mansions being all proud of how many people they helped kill this week to keep me safe. Heck some of them even seem to rejoice in slaughtering thousands of people that the old media covers up on the "nightly news" by calling them "terrorists" that will come and get me if it weren't for their protection. Assholes.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

The High Holy Ones, jet around the globe behind phalanxes of fighter aircraft, whisked around in long, sleek, multi million dollar tax tractors with cops at battalion strength hut hutting about, ready and willing to thump the heads of any Mundanes silly enough to do anything more than show awed subservience and touch their forelocks respectively.

Daring to speak to one of our Exalted Betters, outside the bounds of "pre approved spontaneous questions" will result in electrical torture and quick ejection from the venue.

Fuck these modern day aristocrats and their "let them eat cake" attitudes.

Humanae Libertas
10-20-2011, 05:42 PM
In other words, they decide what's illegal and what isn't. Tyrants just saying their tyranny isn't illegal, seems to be typical now a days.

Anti Federalist
10-20-2011, 05:45 PM
As long as he is popular people drift towards given up their democratically elected representive government toward a emperior. "Hail Julius Caesar!" Think people would larn something after over 2000 years....guess not.

Just throw them bread and circuses and watch them clap like trained seals.

And we think we are oh so clever and wise and sophisticated and progressive.

Anti Federalist
10-20-2011, 05:48 PM
In other words, they decide what's illegal and what isn't. Tyrants just saying their tyranny isn't illegal, seems to be typical now a days.

Nice work if you can get it, am I right?

ZanZibar
10-20-2011, 08:50 PM
This was the one that Ron signed onto.

anaconda
10-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Reggie Walton (shit for brains corrupt judge) violates both the Constitution and the War Powers Act. Libya was zero imminent threat. Obama should be impeached immediately along with this bought-and-paid-for judge.