PDA

View Full Version : The Representatives We Can Trust

John F Kennedy III
10-20-2011, 03:08 PM
If I didn't know to expect it this would be depressing. Out of 435 members of the House of Representatives there are only 11 that we can trust. They are:

Ron Paul (R-Texas)
Justin Amash (R-Michigan)

The filters were: PATRIOT ACT, The Bailout, TARP, Obamacare, Federal Reserve and the Debt Ceiling vote (08/02/11).

Now back to Governors. I have the list down to 12. If you would like to help click here for the list: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?322788-Do-you-trust-your-governor

My Senators We Can Trust list is already complete. It is here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?322182-The-Senators-We-Can-Trust-%28Redux%29

Eventually all three lists will be combined into one.

Please let me know if you feel this representatives list is incomplete. Please give reasons why said Representative should be included or excluded.

John F Kennedy III
10-24-2011, 02:32 PM
bumpness

cdc482
10-28-2011, 08:16 AM
Id like to see a table for the hpuse and senate with totals of how many of those criteria they match and each criteria listed for each person with a check or x.

cdc482
10-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Also. Please add the catagory of funding war.

talkingpointes
10-28-2011, 10:09 AM
David Schweikert (R-Arizona) ???? This guy is not trustworthy. What are you using as a metric or for comparison? If any representative from AZ I would say, Jeff Flake.

jason43
10-28-2011, 10:30 AM
What about Kusinich? I'm no fan of his economic policy, but the guy isnt a sellout. He isnt owned by anyone and says what he thinks.

SharedSacrifice
10-28-2011, 10:32 AM
Michigan's Justin amash is dead on.
The last vote on your list (debt ceiling) is pretty much the only one that I am concerned about at the moment and he was definitely the only one representative to stand up like a man in regards to opposing it.

Feeding the Abscess
10-28-2011, 02:06 PM
The last vote on your list (debt ceiling) is pretty much the only one that I am concerned about at the moment and he was definitely the only one representative to stand up like a man in regards to opposing it.

He was pushing a wishy washy balanced budget amendment during the whole process, and voted for Paul Ryan's budget, which would have increased the debt ceiling for decades.

John F Kennedy III
10-28-2011, 02:29 PM
David Schweikert (R-Arizona) ???? This guy is not trustworthy. What are you using as a metric or for comparison? If any representative from AZ I would say, Jeff Flake.

The OP shows the criteria. If you don't think he should be on the list then give reasons to remove him.

John F Kennedy III
10-28-2011, 02:30 PM
What about Kusinich? I'm no fan of his economic policy, but the guy isnt a sellout. He isnt owned by anyone and says what he thinks.

To make the list they have to pass ALL the criteria listed.

John F Kennedy III
10-28-2011, 02:31 PM

None of the 11 voted for it.

Feeding the Abscess
10-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Ron Paul and Walter Jones were the only two of the eleven who voted against Paul Ryan's budget, which would have raised the debt ceiling for decades.

As usual, we have one Congressman who we can rely on, and a handful of others we can trust a decent majority of the time.

GeorgiaAvenger
10-28-2011, 05:06 PM

Yuck

SharedSacrifice
10-29-2011, 05:10 AM

None of the 11 voted for it.

I respectfully disagree... http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?305608-Amash-to-vote-NO-on-Boehner-debt-ceiling-hike&p=3427308#post3427308

He was pushing a wishy washy balanced budget amendment during the whole process, and voted for Paul Ryan's budget, which would have increased the debt ceiling for decades.

Good point as I look at that historic vote by RP (but one of 4 Republicans) and failure by Amash as pretty much one of the great turning points in our nation's history. Especially the fact that near everyone in the entire nation (save Gingrich, who was forced to apoligize)...agreed 100% with the generational warfare aspect contained in the "55(+) and you're fine..." edict.
My comment above referred to the original poster's criteria and the fact that what 'was' passed (an unconstitutional debt committee complete with 'penalty' phase) is affecting me one heck of a lot more right now than what ultimately wasn't.

John F Kennedy III
11-11-2011, 02:53 PM
I apologize. I'm going to have to look at that next time I'm on the computer.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Mack is running for Senate.

Kade
11-17-2011, 04:38 PM
I choose to go with the ACLU scorecard above anything else; I've gotten flack here for it before, but to hell with you people and your rampant complete disregard for social contract and useful government.

Edit: Ron Paul is generally the highest scoring Republican. With the current top 5 issues with the ACLU he has sided with them Four times, voting to ultimately defund planned parenthood was principled and obvious from his normal stances. His current score is 80%.

Uriah
11-18-2011, 12:34 AM
bump

John F Kennedy III
11-18-2011, 12:38 AM
I promise I'll actually update this tomorrow. Lol.

John F Kennedy III
12-01-2011, 05:20 PM
I respectfully disagree... http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?305608-Amash-to-vote-NO-on-Boehner-debt-ceiling-hike&p=3427308#post3427308

Good point as I look at that historic vote by RP (but one of 4 Republicans) and failure by Amash as pretty much one of the great turning points in our nation's history. Especially the fact that near everyone in the entire nation (save Gingrich, who was forced to apoligize)...agreed 100% with the generational warfare aspect contained in the "55(+) and you're fine..." edict.
My comment above referred to the original poster's criteria and the fact that what 'was' passed (an unconstitutional debt committee complete with 'penalty' phase) is affecting me one heck of a lot more right now than what ultimately wasn't.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2011-690

John F Kennedy III
12-03-2011, 03:39 PM
I condensed all politicians into the following thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?334429-The-Politicians-We-Can-Trust&p=3802242#post3802242