PDA

View Full Version : Nevada Governor supports moving caucus to Feb 4, AFTER Florida

tsai3904
10-20-2011, 01:30 PM
http://uledit.sx.atl.publicus.com/article/20111020/NEWS0602/710209999

With Nevada's Republican governor now publicly supporting a move of that state's GOP presidential caucus from Jan. 14 to Feb. 4, it appears the standoff between Nevada and New Hampshire may be nearing an end.

It's not a sure thing, though. It won't be final until and unless Nevada's Republican State Committee approves what appears to be a tentative deal reached between Nevada Republicans and the Republican National Committee that would have Nevada moving back.

The Nevada Republicans are scheduled to meet on Saturday and may take up a proposed date change.

Approval by that committee is not assured, we're told. There are forces on the committee that want to stick to the Jan. 14 date.

Nevada will decide on Saturday, October 22, on whether or not they will move their caucus date.

If Nevada moves to February 4, the order will be:

1. Iowa
2. New Hampshire
3. South Carolina
4. Florida
5. Nevada

Karsten
10-20-2011, 01:32 PM
Ugh! So Nevada moves it up, which causes Iowa to move it up, which is bad for RP. Now NV's gonna say "just kidding!" and Iowa will stay early.

libertybrewcity
10-20-2011, 03:06 PM
I believe he endorsed Rick Perry already. This would hurt RP more than anything.

ZanZibar
10-20-2011, 03:43 PM
What is this, east coast vs west coast?

trey4sports
10-20-2011, 03:49 PM
why would this hurt us? Only thing that really matters now is that Iowa stays ahead of NH. it will be Iowa or bust for this campaign. We will know by 11 PM on Jan. 3rd whether or not we have a chance at winning the nomination. Yes, Florida jumps in front of Nevada at this point but at least it keeps NH from jumping over Iowa and becoming the first to hold caucus/primary.

eleganz
10-20-2011, 03:53 PM
I asked this question last night, for anybody that knows, I thought between 08 and now, we had RP people get into the Nevada GOP party? don't we have people in there influencing decisions?

tsai3904
10-20-2011, 04:02 PM
I asked this question last night, for anybody that knows, I thought between 08 and now, we had RP people get into the Nevada GOP party? don't we have people in there influencing decisions?

Yes we do, but the group making the decision is huge and made up of all Republican elected officials as well as many members from each County GOP. We have people in the County GOPs that will be able to vote on this but they do not make the majority.

kojirodensetsu
10-20-2011, 04:25 PM
It would be nice having Nevada sooner, since I think we have more support there than in states like florida.