PDA

View Full Version : They Ignored BTO. Now It's Time For an Occupy The Media

Captain Shays
10-20-2011, 12:37 PM
We tried. They called our bluff....unless of course we're not bluffing. We raised a LOT Of cash for this campaign. We're credible. We know it and "they" know it too but the blackout continues. I am now suggesting that we take this to another level. The media for too long as had an undo influence on the outcome of our elections. EVERYONE KNOWS they can make candidates or break candidates. To make them, they simply ignore the bad and shove all the good down our throats. To break them they focus on the bad if it exists. If it doesn't they fabricate it. If that doesn't work they can just ignore the candidate. This influence amounts to CONTROL of our electoral process. Just like the Federal Reserve is the antithesis of free market capitalism, the media's control of our elections is NOT free markets at work. Yes they pay a fee for their license but WE own the airwaves as a public trust and we didn't entrust them with so much power in order for them to make our choices for us as to whom will govern us. Information is power and whomever controls the flow of information controls A LOT of power.
This fight isn't just our own fight. It's the fight for the inclusion of all ballot qualified candidates to have their voices heard even if we disagree with them and to have them included in the televised debates. Why should the people in power have the ability to place their hands over our eyes and ears and around our minds and tell us "George Bush, Al Gore that's all you sheeple need to know and these are the issues we find important so the other issues those Libertarians, and Greens, and Reform Party and Natural Law Party and Independents care about won't be heard"? Ron Paul''s campaign and all of our good efforts are being subverted by an elite group who have control of the airwaves. Unfortunately despite the emergence of the internet most people still get most of their information from the mainstream media constructs who have an inordinate amount of control over the outcome of every election.

I think it needs to be stopped because the candidates that they are shoving down our throats are more alike to each other than they are different from any other party. For instance, Ralph Nader was blamed by Democrats for costing Gore the election but if you compare Gore's policies to Nader and Bush, Gore was actually closer in practice and philosophy to Bush than he was to Nader. What the media didn't show the voters was that Nader was drawing crowds at his events that were 5 times larger than either Bush or Gore thereby subverting his campaign and all the good efforts of his campaign workers. Believe me folks. ANYONE and EVERYONE who has ever worked for a third party candidate will tell you that they would support our efforts to Occupy the Media.
The time has come. I am looking for suggestions and can offer some good ones as this thread develops but in my heart of hearts I KNOW that the time is right for a push back against the media. I have heard it said that Democrats and Republicans are just different sides of the same coin. But then I thought about it and realized that every coin also has an edge and on the edge of that coin is the main stream media. THAT is what gives the elites their edge in EVERY ELECTION over ALL voices that oppose their commonalities like military interventionism, corporate welfare, globalism, and deprivation of our essential liberties.

Thomas Paine in Common Sense said this. "There is something exceedingly ridiculous in the composition of monarchy (the two party system). It first excludes a man of the means of information, (BTO) and then empowers him to act in cases where the highest judgement is required" (voting for the most powerful man in the world).

Will you join me in my efforts?

Rocco
10-20-2011, 01:00 PM
I support this 100%. +rep, I hope this becomes huge!

freejack
10-20-2011, 01:05 PM
It's important to establish the following:

1) What do you seek to accomplish?
2) How do you plan on accomplishing these goals?

I am under the impression that the media can only be changed by a shift in public sentiment or new direction from corporate masters. If the goal is not to change them, then what should it be?

Fr0m_3ur0pe
10-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Let's form own media.

gosmo
10-20-2011, 01:09 PM
To be honest, I don't think it would be a good idea to use the word "occupy". Not that we should have anything against the movement, but we are Ron Paul supporters, so we should not tie our movement to the OWS movement. (Which is what would happen if we adopted the "Occupy" name)

Other than that, I think it is a good idea.

Bruno
10-20-2011, 01:11 PM
+ rep to the OP

To be honest, I don't think it would be a good idea to use the word "occupy". Not that we should have anything against the movement, but we are Ron Paul supporters, so we should not tie our movement to the OWS movement. (Which is what would happen if we adopted the "Occupy" name)

Good point. Something else catchy...

Additionally, calling/writing major advertisers can be impactful

Blankstare
10-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Occupy the Booth. The voting booth.

Merk
10-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Hack the EBS and broadcast Ron 24/7. ;)

JamesButabi
10-20-2011, 01:19 PM
All we need to do is submit a bunch of press release saying Herman Cain just raised over $2 million in one day. That should put the media into frenzy mode.

Dianne
10-20-2011, 01:20 PM

I am under the impression that the media can only be changed by a shift in public sentiment or new direction from corporate masters. If the goal is not to change them, then what should it be?

What I would like to accomplish is the sheeple to awaken and realize they are being brain washed by a government directed media; and nothing that media says can be trusted.

Machiavelli
10-20-2011, 01:22 PM
Some kind of major protest of media would be beneficial

1stAmendguy
10-20-2011, 01:27 PM

"Bypass the MSM"?

1stAmendguy
10-20-2011, 01:28 PM
--

Captain Shays
10-20-2011, 01:28 PM
What I would like to accomplish is the sheeple to awaken and realize they are being brain washed by a government directed media; and nothing that media says can be trusted.

Diane, when I authored this thread that was my initial goal if there was one. I guess ultimately my goal would be
1. Make everyone aware how and why the media controls our elections

2 stop the media from doing that

All the details are up for grabs as far as I'm concerned. I WISH we could start an election channel where every candidate is given the same amount of time to convey his views to the public. In non election seasons the people can buy time to convey their own. This channel could also have citizen debates on any issue of their choice not unlike what we do in political discussion forums.
These channels could host debates but include ALL candidates who are legally on the ballot and it doesn't matter if there are ten or twelve candidates. We could just host more debates so there is ample time for each of them to get their points across.

The media is the reason why so much money is required to run for office in this country and it seems to me the logical target for reducing that requirement. In fact it seems a better way than trying to limit the amount of campaign cash from corporations and others.

Captain Shays
10-20-2011, 01:35 PM

That's what I was thinking at the beginning. We need to make people aware how the media is screwing us. For starters they send us into wars we don't belong in. HEre are some quotes that might help to make my point.

"Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally, the common people don't want war: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But after all it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship ... Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger."
-- Leading Nazi leader, Hermann Goering, at the Nuremberg Trials before he was sentenced to death

"Our job is to give people not what they want, but what we decide they ought to have."
-- Richard Salent, Former President CBS News.

"One cannot wage war under present conditions without the support of public opinion, which is tremendously molded by the press and other forms of propaganda."
-- General Douglas MacArthur

"If you give a man the correct information for seven years, he may believe the incorrect information on the first day of the eighth year when it is necessary, from your point of view, that he should do so. Your first job is to build the credibility and the authenticity of your propaganda, and persuade the enemy to trust you although you are his enemy."
-- A Psychological Warfare Casebook Operations Research Office Johns Hopkins University Baltimore (1958)

"The first casualty of war is truth."
--Rudyard Kipling

"We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries."
David Rockefeller Baden-Baden, Germany 1991

"In March, 1915, the J.P. Morgan interests, the steel, shipbuilding, and powder interest, and their subsidiary organizations, got together 12 men high up in the newspaper world and employed them to select the most influential newspapers in the United States and sufficient number of them to control generally the policy of the daily press....They found it was only necessary to purchase the control of 25 of the greatest papers.

"An agreement was reached; the policy of the papers was bought, to be paid for by the month; an editor was furnished for each paper to properly supervise and edit information regarding the questions of preparedness, militarism, financial policies, and other things of national and international nature considered vital to the interests of the purchasers."
U.S. Congressman Oscar Callaway, 1917

Captain Shays
10-20-2011, 01:37 PM
"Bypass the MSM"?

YES! I LOVE IT. What does everyone else think?

Travlyr
10-20-2011, 01:37 PM

Honesty. Truth. Understanding.

Good food for thought. My $.02.

Buy radio ads. Small markets to start - Christian radio, Country Music in Middle America, Obscure talk, then progress to more major markets.
Direct coordinated "professional" sales call visits to local TV & Radio Stations to let them know our intentions.
Inserts in Newspapers with carefully crafted flyers.
Other ideas? Targeted boycott messages? Protests?

Nickwanz
10-20-2011, 01:39 PM
Maybe we could boycott the media..........like turn off your tv for a day or week or something. But it would be hard to get people to participate.

sailingaway
10-20-2011, 01:40 PM
BTO wasn't just to get media, BTO was to get advertising money for Ron

JamesButabi
10-20-2011, 01:46 PM
All we need to do is submit a bunch of press release saying Herman Cain just raised over $2 million in one day. That should put the media into frenzy mode.

Hmm wait I just thought further about this for a second. Imagine this folks:

You visit this website that looks all too much like the typical establishment website; Here you see headlines galore with fancy AP pictures of establishment candidates. Very polished and very attractive. Very mainstream shall we say.

Featured article
(Herman Cain raises over $2 million in a single day)

Sub articles:

Mitt Romney speaks to enthusiastic standing room only crowd at UNLV
Rick Perry proposes 3 year balanced budget plan with $1 trillion in cuts!
Michelle Bachmann raises more funds than from active military than all others candidates combined in 3Q.

I think you get the idea. Well upon clickthrough, the user is greeted with high powered youtube videos, articles, and more all showing that the headlines are actually referring to Ron Paul. If the site looks legit enough, it could really drive a point. Not to mention keywords would attract establishment voters.

These headlines are not mainstream.....because they are not Ron Paul. If they were anybody else though, this would be earth shattering news.

Lymeade-Lady
10-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Sitting in audiences and waving signs on streets on GMA, etc. with Black Blindfolds on? (they could be a sheer material where you could still see somewhat). That's what I'm picturing, but I don't know how it would work. Or wearing a black ribbon (like the pink breast cancer ones)?

slamhead
10-20-2011, 01:58 PM
I don't know how it will work as they will just ignore the people at their front doors. Look at the Geraldo incident down at OWS. They chased the Fox news crew out of the park. "Fox News lies". I did not see one single report about that. The thing that is going to turn the tides is RP doing well in Iowa, NH, and Nevada. All we need at the least is a 2nd place finish in any of those primaries.

trey4sports
10-20-2011, 02:00 PM
I don't know how it will work as they will just ignore the people at their front doors. Look at the Geraldo incident down at OWS. They chased the Fox news crew out of the park. "Fox News lies". I did not see one single report about that. The thing that is going to turn the tides is RP doing well in Iowa, NH, and Nevada. All we need at the least is a 2nd place finish in any of those primaries.

2nd place will go unmentioned. Win or bust.

bunklocoempire
10-20-2011, 02:00 PM
*SNIP*

...I think it needs to be stopped because the candidates that they are shoving down our throats are more alike to each other than they are different from any other party. For instance, Ralph Nader was blamed by Democrats for costing Gore the election but if you compare Gore's policies to Nader and Bush, Gore was actually closer in practice and philosophy to Bush than he was to Nader. Will you join me in my efforts?

+ rep

This talking point is gold and of course can be applied currently.

Nice! Thank you!

Bunkloco

Captain Shays
10-20-2011, 02:04 PM
BTO wasn't just to get media, BTO was to get advertising money for Ron

If We raised $20 million it wouldn't be a drop in the bucket compared to what Romney, Cain and Perry have been given FOR FREE

Captain Shays
10-20-2011, 02:08 PM

I don't have ANY confidence at this point to insure me that IF Ron Paul won Iowa the media would give him the proper coverage. It's still fresh in my mind what FOX did when he won CPAC and how they treated him when he virtually tied Bachmann at Aimes. NO This has already gone too far. We have already gone into too many unnecessary wars. We have already elected their guy too many times who has driven us into debt, robbed us of our freedoms, violated our Constitution corrupted our entire politicial process from top to bottom. The media is not the only entity to blame. It's the symbiotic relationship between the media and the elites in the banking and military sectors. But the media is their tool and I want to take that advantage away from them.

ScotTFO
10-20-2011, 02:12 PM
I made the suggestion before to compile a list of advertisers who advertise during MSM boardcasts and to bring attention to and boycott those companies. I think the only way you are going to hurt the MSM is to take money out of their pocket. A lot of companies would shun away from networks if it is causing them negative attention which would drive the advertising costs down for that time slot.

Also my suggestion for a name is "Black THEM Out" :)

MrAustin
10-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Some points that I think need to be made:

1) We cannot compete with the MSM on thier turf. They own television. They won a long time ago. It's over. Ads aren't going to do it, and a new news network would never be able to trump them.

2) The future, and our best weapon, is the internet. That's what ushered in the Ron Paul Revolution. The internet is the printing press of our day. And we will win the battle sooner or later.

3) I think our primary objective should be this: make the shift come sooner rather than later. And protect the free flow of information on the internet.

So the question is: What creative ideas can we come up with to make the sheep (especially the older generations) start going to(and trusting) the internet for information and not the MSM.

1stAmendguy
10-20-2011, 02:19 PM
I made the suggestion before to compile a list of advertisers who advertise during MSM boardcasts and to bring attention to and boycott those companies. I think the only way you are going to hurt the MSM is to take money out of their pocket. A lot of companies would shun away from networks if it is causing them negative attention which would drive the advertising costs down for that time slot.

It seems like we talked about this in 2007 too. Here is an old thread with a list of FOX News sponsors: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?67765-List-Of-Fox-News-Sponsors

Of course their sponsors have changed now I would think.

Original_Intent
10-20-2011, 02:21 PM
The quandry we find ourselves in is "How do you convince someone whose primary source of information is the media, that the media is a bad source of information?"

I have been trying to learn that secret for 20 years.

Us: "Don't listen to Sean Hannity, he is a shill and is covering for those in power that are causing you pain!"
Sean Hannity: "They are all nutjobs!"
Target audience: "You are right Sean, they clearly are living in their own little world - I trust you more than ever!"

You will never break another person's paradigm. The harder you try to break the shell, the stronger it becomes. It can only be broken by the individual, and finding the way to convince them to do that is the goal and the paradox and the difficulty that we face.

RDM
10-20-2011, 02:25 PM
If We raised $20 million it wouldn't be a drop in the bucket compared to what Romney, Cain and Perry have been given FOR FREE

It wasn't for free. Favors must be paid once in office.

The Free Hornet
10-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Honesty. Truth. Understanding.

Good food for thought. My $.02.

Buy radio ads. Small markets to start - Christian radio, Country Music in Middle America, Obscure talk, then progress to more major markets.
Direct coordinated "professional" sales call visits to local TV & Radio Stations to let them know our intentions.
Inserts in Newspapers with carefully crafted flyers.
Other ideas? Targeted boycott messages? Protests?

Fox News gets about half their revenue from subscribers (Xfinity/Comcast, Dish Network, DirecTV, AT&T, etc.). The other half is from advertisers.

Step 1: Cancel your cable or dish plans for INTERNET ONLY service.
(if you are near a major city, even if not, have an HDTV antenna setup and have no monthly bill)

Step 2: If you are buying from their sponsers, stop and let those people know why (I think both steps are important)

I would focus on one company and that is Fox News. Even though there are allies there, there are far more enemies. There are some old lists of sponsers and it might take some updating:

http://foxnewsboycott.com/fox-news-sponsors/bill-oreilly-sponsors/

I would not recommend buying ads from the same media that is blacking us out. The internet is eating the lunch of all these a-holes, we can accelerate that.

PS: These products helped me cancel Dish Network:
http://www.roku.com/
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=CM+7000PAL

Regional papers (both the Chicago Tribune and Sun Times have had good editorials for Ron Paul) are giving better coverage and that would hit those not yet converted to the internet for all news.

MrAustin
10-20-2011, 02:33 PM
The quandry we find ourselves in is "How do you convince someone whose primary source of information is the media, that the media is a bad source of information?"

I have been trying to learn that secret for 20 years.

Us: "Don't listen to Sean Hannity, he is a shill and is covering for those in power that are causing you pain!"
Sean Hannity: "They are all nutjobs!"
Target audience: "You are right Sean, they clearly are living in their own little world - I trust you more than ever!"

You will never break another person's paradigm. The harder you try to break the shell, the stronger it becomes. It can only be broken by the individual, and finding the way to convince them to do that is the goal and the paradox and the difficulty that we face.

Agreed. Here's an idea:

If we are trying to change the way people think, and people think in terms of words that they hear and use, then we need to change people's vocabulary by changing OUR vocabulary.

For starters, I think a simple yet very powerful thing (if we ALL do it) that we could do would be to stop referring to it as the "MAINSTREAM media" or even "THE" media. When we do this in conversation (even if we are speaking negatively about the media), we are giving them credibility through our word choice before we even complete our sentence. These both infer that there either is no alternative, or that the only alternative is fringe (since it is not mainstream.)

The establishment uses this trick all the time, and it is has a very powerful effect on the sub-conscious. We need to use it back.

We need to lead the sheep in a different direction so they can wake themselves up - and I think part of it is re-labeling the establishment controlled media.

Compare:

Sheep: "Ron Paul is nuts"
Awake person: "No, that's not correct. Too many people get their information from the mainstream media."
Result: Ineffective. Sub-conscious resistance.

VS

Awake person: "No, that's not correct. Too many people get their information from the old media."
Result: Probably some resistance still, but now the sub-conscious is saying this: "Old...? Am I old? What's the new media....?"

1stAmendguy
10-20-2011, 02:37 PM
I've heard people refer to them as the "Dinosaur media". Is that an effective term you think?

chri5opher
10-20-2011, 02:47 PM
//

kill the banks
10-20-2011, 03:01 PM
start an Internet tv network and promote it

Sentinelrv
10-20-2011, 03:20 PM
This is a major problem.

- Boycotts won't work because not enough people will participate to make a difference.
- Protests won't work because you'd need the media on your side in order to get the word out.
- You can't convince people that the media is controlling them because they'd think you're crazy.
- Creating our own media organization is unrealistic. Too much money and not enough time.

The only thing we can really do is bypass the media like we've been doing and hope that the polls rise enough before the primaries to make a difference.

scottish
10-20-2011, 03:49 PM
MY 1st real post on here,I usually only come on to see how the great Ron Paul is doing..I must admit I find it alarming(considering his message)how he is treated by the media and it is very clear to me the propoganda and corruption being used to detract potential voters from him..

This idea might be far fetched but considering your fervent support and excellent fund raising capabillities,would a glossy magazine not be a great idea??Funded by the support, a monthly hard hitting expose on the good and bad of US politics,calling out the media on the lies and dis-information they pass as truth to the public..Exposing the corrupted with fact based snippets taken from the very machine that distorts fair unbaised opinion..

How many public opinions would be swayed with such a magazine in circulation across the country?As I stated previously it might be far fetched and not such a viable idea but I would love to see something like this,playing the media at their own game..

If it got up and running a nominal fee could be charged to make the publication self sustaining..

Just a thought people,be nice and dont go for the jugular lol..

Original_Intent
10-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Agreed. Here's an idea:

If we are trying to change the way people think, and people think in terms of words that they hear and use, then we need to change people's vocabulary by changing OUR vocabulary.

For starters, I think a simple yet very powerful thing (if we ALL do it) that we could do would be to stop referring to it as the "MAINSTREAM media" or even "THE" media. When we do this in conversation (even if we are speaking negatively about the media), we are giving them credibility through our word choice before we even complete our sentence. These both infer that there either is no alternative, or that the only alternative is fringe (since it is not mainstream.)

The establishment uses this trick all the time, and it is has a very powerful effect on the sub-conscious. We need to use it back.

We need to lead the sheep in a different direction so they can wake themselves up - and I think part of it is re-labeling the establishment controlled media.

Compare:

Awake person: "No, that's not correct. Too many people get their information from the mainstream media."

VS

Awake person: "No, that's not correct. Too many people get their information from the old media."
Result: Probably some resistance still, but now the sub-conscious is saying this: "Old...? Am I old? What's the new media....?"

I agree. I had not even thought how saying "mainstream media" actually strengthens their position - I have always used it in a derogatory way, but you are 100% correct. I like "old" media as well. I bet there are lot sof other areas where we unthinkingly strengthen our adversaries.

V3n
10-20-2011, 04:10 PM
Use your local affiliates. Paper them with Ron Paul op ed's. All the newspapers, all the local stations. Everyone write an article, write an opinion.
Pick a day and everyone mail - snail mail - in your stories.. so many letters it will look like Miracle on 34th street!
We can still use our local tv stations and newspapers - they are not beholden to their Networks, they are just carriers who want to make money for themselves.

HeyArchie
10-20-2011, 04:18 PM
If you do it around Christmas time, I will find a way to get there.

LibertyEsq
10-20-2011, 04:20 PM
it's really going to give me a headache if we all decide to stop campaigning and start protesting/complaining

Carole
10-20-2011, 05:09 PM
Here is a project that was undertaken last election cycle 2007-2008.

The Ron Paul Newspaper Project
http://ronpaulnewspaper.com/

If this could be done on a large scale and the message delivered along with other handouts, it could be helpful. Instead of specifically talking about Ron Paul you could substitute the very important message about the media and show exactly how they manipulate elections, just as you indicated in your OP Captain.

Take a look and imagine hand delivering a newspaper about how citizens can learn the truth about all the candidates. Hope this helps.

Carole
10-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Just remembered. There was also a DVD project, a handout to voters in 2007-2008. People like free handouts and the DVD format would be excellent. Just include with the slim jims and other handouts, but make it obvious that it is not just about one candidate, but about the MSM and other entities that interfere with the voters ability to select their candidates by having the truth about all the candidates. Keep it non-partisan.

This is another great tool. Same idea as the newspaper in my previous post, but educating voters about the MSM and how they choose the candidates.

To order copies of the original Ron Paul DVDs (published during the 2008
http://ronpauldvd.com/

I see that someone has started a DVD project for this 2012 elction also.

Ron Paul DVD Bomb Project
http://dprogram.net/2011/10/18/ron-paul-dvd-bomb-project/

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?322748-Ron-Paul-Dvd-Bomb-Project

Ron Paul National DVD Education Bomb!
http://www.dailypaul.com/182390/ron-paul-national-dvd-education-bomb

parocks
10-20-2011, 05:43 PM

That was yesterday.

On to the next thing.

Captain Shays
10-20-2011, 05:52 PM

Black THEM Out! LOVE it!

parocks
10-20-2011, 05:54 PM
it's really going to give me a headache if we all decide to stop campaigning and start protesting/complaining

Yesterday was the moneybomb about media bias. We had boots on the ground in NYC. The people on the ground interacted with Joe and Mika. Took video of the interaction, which was available on youtube yesterday. Joe tweeted that we raised $2 Million at around 11pm yesterday. Mika said that we were "nice." I wouldn't call
it a huge victory, but it definitely was a victory, especially considering how very little was spent to make it happen

Most Ron Paul supporters were not paying attention to the Black This Out Rally in New York City. But there were some there on the ground, and they did well. There were masks available for those people who wanted a Nov 5 vibe.

For those people who wanted a protest vibe, a mask vibe, that was available. It was called the Black THIS Out Rally in New York. And it's over and done with.

On to the next thing.

You tube clip from BTO Rally in NYC - Joe and Mika talking to Ron Paul Supporters - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?324318-Joe-Scarborough-from-MSNBC-talks-about-Black-This-Out-at-30-Rock!

This is the tweet that Joe retweeted - http://twitter.com/#!/Meiun/status/126850314623123457

gb13
10-20-2011, 05:58 PM

You visit this website that looks all too much like the typical establishment website; Here you see headlines galore with fancy AP pictures of establishment candidates. Very polished and very attractive. Very mainstream shall we say.

Featured article

Sub articles:

Michelle Bachmann raises more funds than from active military than all others candidates combined in 3Q.

I think you get the idea. Well upon clickthrough, the user is greeted with high powered youtube videos, articles, and more all showing that the headlines are actually referring to Ron Paul. If the site looks legit enough, it could really drive a point. Not to mention keywords would attract establishment voters.

These headlines are not mainstream.....because they are not Ron Paul. If they were anybody else though, this would be earth shattering news.

+ FUCKING REP!

Dude, that's an amazing idea. Seriously. Let's get on this. I'll personally help. I think we should build a team that will focus on this.

Captain Shays
10-20-2011, 06:05 PM
Use your local affiliates. Paper them with Ron Paul op ed's. All the newspapers, all the local stations. Everyone write an article, write an opinion.
Pick a day and everyone mail - snail mail - in your stories.. so many letters it will look like Miracle on 34th street!
We can still use our local tv stations and newspapers - they are not beholden to their Networks, they are just carriers who want to make money for themselves.

I like all the ideas so far but this one seems like something we can do right now. If we can set up a sub forum or author a thread and keep it going with people here writing articles together or authoring one yourself with corrections and approvals from the other members, then we can copy each other's letters and send them everywhere. Sort of like our own press room.
Man, I could see us eventually chipping in to buy some printing equipment and hiring one of us who knows how to use it to pump out materials at cost to bring costs down for the campaign. Bumper stickers, flyers and other printed information to hand out

Captain Shays
10-20-2011, 06:08 PM
Agreed. Here's an idea:

Compare:

VS

I have been doing the same thing when talking to conservatives about Ron Paul. Instead of using the term neocon I use "the new style of conservative" and then I tell them about the old style of conservatives who were opposed to the wars that Democrats always got us in to.

Please give us more of your suggestions to teach us effective ways of communicating important matters

Captain Shays
10-20-2011, 06:13 PM
Here is a project that was undertaken last election cycle 2007-2008.

The Ron Paul Newspaper Project
http://ronpaulnewspaper.com/

If this could be done on a large scale and the message delivered along with other handouts, it could be helpful. Instead of specifically talking about Ron Paul you could substitute the very important message about the media and show exactly how they manipulate elections, just as you indicated in your OP Captain.

Take a look and imagine hand delivering a newspaper about how citizens can learn the truth about all the candidates. Hope this helps.

That's IT! I just wrote in another response an idea I had about having a money bomb to buy our own printing press and hiring people to run it to make publications. We could also make our own bumper stickers for cost. Last election I put hundreds of Ron Paul bumper stickers on light poles at busy interesections and many of them are still there. lol PLEASE whatever we do let's DO SOMETHING

Travlyr
10-20-2011, 06:18 PM
MY 1st real post on here,I usually only come on to see how the great Ron Paul is doing..I must admit I find it alarming(considering his message)how he is treated by the media and it is very clear to me the propoganda and corruption being used to detract potential voters from him..

This idea might be far fetched but considering your fervent support and excellent fund raising capabillities,would a glossy magazine not be a great idea??Funded by the support, a monthly hard hitting expose on the good and bad of US politics,calling out the media on the lies and dis-information they pass as truth to the public..Exposing the corrupted with fact based snippets taken from the very machine that distorts fair unbaised opinion..

How many public opinions would be swayed with such a magazine in circulation across the country?As I stated previously it might be far fetched and not such a viable idea but I would love to see something like this,playing the media at their own game..

If it got up and running a nominal fee could be charged to make the publication self sustaining..

Just a thought people,be nice and dont go for the jugular lol..
I like this idea. Good 1st post. Welcome.

parocks
10-20-2011, 06:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjcaEikwPeY
At 4:46
Joe - "Um, So yesterday, outside, we had the Ron Paul people"
Mika - "Oh, yeah"
Joe - "Accusing"
Mika - "They're very nice"
Joe - "They're very nice people"
Mika - "They had signs. (Mika waves her arms a little) What were they accusing you of?"
Joe - "No, no, not me, they were accusing the media of blacking out Ron Paul"
Mika - "Oh"
Joe - "Which leads to a very facinating question, guys, can you throw up the poll really quickly and see where Ron Paul is. Um.
Mike, why is it that Ron Paul ..."
5:10

Captain Shays
10-20-2011, 06:50 PM
My response to that vid on youtube went something like this./ Who are these people to predetermine for us who has a chance to win an election and then to make their prediction come true they proceed to shove that candidate down our throats and ignore all the ones they say don't have a chance to win? It's like them saying "It looks to us after looking at all the teams in the NFL that the two teams that will be in this years Super Bowl are the New England Patriots and the Dallas Cowboys so those are the only two teams games we will televise".
What a shame that the American people would NEVER put up with such an arbitrary decision relative to a game but they say nothing and do nothing when it comes to who leads our entire country into freedom, prosperity and peace or poverty/debt servitude and war

JamesButabi
10-20-2011, 10:01 PM

Featured article

Sub articles:

Any opinions on this? Think it got buried right on page end as it posted.

Naraku
10-21-2011, 10:25 AM
We already have a sort of grassroots action formed through Black This Out. No need to change something that already works. Occupy the Media would lead to too many associations with the Wall Street protesters. Among the things that can be done is disseminate information to expose the various machinations of the media concerning war propaganda and manipulating elections. Serving as a truly independent watchdog on the media would be more impactful than just organizing protests.

LawnWake
10-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Instead of 'occupy the media', which people associate with Bolsheviks, why not call it Black You Out?

sailingaway
10-21-2011, 10:37 AM
Instead of 'occupy the media', which people associate with Bolsheviks, why not call it Black You Out?

better

parocks
10-21-2011, 10:57 AM
I sorta like the idea of something like "airing of grievances" if this was something that NY Liberty HQ wanted to do.

The idea is when something we don't like appears on tv or print, we go to those offices, and "protest" in a stylish and nice way. We stood outside msnbc, and they came out and talked to us, everyone was nice, etc. etc.

So, instead of writing emails, go to the offending place, with the offending piece of material - an article. We could say, why did the headline read Romney first, Cain second, Perry 4th. Or whatever it is that we're pissed off about.

And what could happen is that a little tv show is written. sort of a "roger and me" type thing. You have a good vid camera, and a person is talking to the camera.

"we're going to ask someone from the NYT why they said Cain was leading the Q3 moneyrace" And you can perhaps put those clips out there.

CaseyJones
10-21-2011, 10:59 AM
I support the start our own newspapers idea and will give donations for such an idea

sailingaway
10-21-2011, 11:03 AM
I support the start our own newspapers idea and will give donations for such an idea

thread winner ^^

CaseyJones
10-21-2011, 05:05 PM
bump

Captain Shays
10-21-2011, 05:10 PM

I like it too Casey Jones. And you know that notion just crossed my mind.........

Travlyr
10-21-2011, 05:38 PM
What about a glossy magazine?

Naraku
10-22-2011, 12:23 PM
One name I just thought of is something like "Break the Blackout" or "Break Through the Blackout" if you want something other than Black This Out. It could also be a slogan.

Captain Shays
10-22-2011, 12:35 PM
My main objective is to stop the (old) media from trying to control the outcome of our elections. I really want to go on the attack and if we can somehow combine these efforts with promoting Ron Paul that would be great. But, I also don't want to come off as a bunch of whiny complaining babies. We have a very legitimate beef with the (old) media and it's at the heart of many of our government's failures, growth, debt, wars and corruption because every one of the candidates that they promote is for policing the world, is for corporate welfare, is for allowing the Federal Reserve to continue to control our money and is for the income tax which forces us to pay interest on monies that the Fed creates out of thin air. If the establishment's brain is the Federal Reserve, it's heart is the mainstream media constructs and I for one, want to stab them in their heart with a dull F'n stake

Captain Shays
10-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Another thought came to mind after I hit send. I am positive that whatever our efforts will be, we will have the full support of EVERY member of the Reformed Party the Green Party, the Socialist Party, the Independent Party the Libertarian Party and the Constitution Party because they have ALL experienced the media blackout of their candidates in EVERY election so they have the same exact beef as we do. Not to mention all the people who simply desire to make their own well informed choice as to whom will govern this country.Just give us the information and then allow us to make that choice for ourselves.

Captain Shays
10-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by JamesButabi

Featured article

Sub articles:

Any opinions on this? Think it got buried right on page end as it posted.

I like it if it's done correctly and doesn't pain Ron Paul and his supporters as a bunch of liars or radicals. In fact if we can figure out a way to accomplish this I think it would be very effective. I have been giving it some thought and had a few ideas that slip my mind at present but I will come back with them and I hope everyone presents their own ideas as well,.

Travlyr
10-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Another thought came to mind after I hit send. I am positive that whatever our efforts will be, we will have the full support of EVERY member of the Reformed Party the Green Party, the Socialist Party, the Independent Party the Libertarian Party and the Constitution Party because they have ALL experienced the media blackout of their candidates in EVERY election so they have the same exact beef as we do. Not to mention all the people who simply desire to make their own well informed choice as to whom will govern this country.Just give us the information and then allow us to make that choice for ourselves.
I agree with you.

A small monthly newsletter could easily be posted here at the forums for people to download, print, and distribute locally. If it looked professional and contained entertaining reading, then many breakfast diners, and other businesses, may be willing to let supporters leave a few copies for their customers to read.

osan
10-22-2011, 01:05 PM
We tried. They called our bluff....unless of course we're not bluffing. We raised a LOT Of cash for this campaign. We're credible. We know it and "they" know it too but the blackout continues. I am now suggesting that we take this to another level. The media for too long as had an undo influence on the outcome of our elections. EVERYONE KNOWS they can make candidates or break candidates. To make them, they simply ignore the bad and shove all the good down our throats. To break them they focus on the bad if it exists. If it doesn't they fabricate it. If that doesn't work they can just ignore the candidate.

We said "black THIS out", and they have. This should come as no surprise and should serve as no deterrent to our activities.

There is an enormously powerful interest in the status quo. Given my observations of the past 40 years or so, they are not going to cotton to bad influences such as Ron Paul and will not suffer them easily. Even if a strong majority votes for Ron Paul, I would not be surprised to find someone else pronounced the winner. These are crazy times and those in power are less and less tolerant of anything that impedes them.

All we can do is our best and that is all we can ask of Dr. Paul.

Travlyr
10-22-2011, 01:13 PM
We said "black THIS out", and they have. This should come as no surprise and should serve as no deterrent to our activities.

There is an enormously powerful interest in the status quo. Given my observations of the past 40 years or so, they are not going to cotton to bad influences such as Ron Paul and will not suffer them easily. Even if a strong majority votes for Ron Paul, I would not be surprised to find someone else pronounced the winner. These are crazy times and those in power are less and less tolerant of anything that impedes them.

Isn't it true that the Republican party is a private organization that can change the rules anytime they want? If so, even if Ron Paul overwhelming won the primary, the establishment GOP could, without recourse, change their rules and chose anyone they want.

Captain Shays
10-22-2011, 01:43 PM

If we focus well we here at RPF have a very talented group of individuals who I think can very effectively expose the media for what they do and the harmful results. My desire would be to detract away from any particular party's culpability but to focus on the status quo from both the major parties. Like I said in the launch post I want to point out how Dems and Reps are different sides of the same coin while the media is on the edge and gives them the edge over ALL opposing views.
But for us Constitutional conservatives and free marketeers I also want to accomplish whatever we can without subverting any existing free markets. That said, I am looking for ways to counter the "the media is a free market" argument. It is and it isn't. If it is, we need to find ways to compete with it and if it isn't we need to find ways to make it more so.

Captain Shays
10-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Isn't it true that the Republican party is a private organization that can change the rules anytime they want? If so, even if Ron Paul overwhelming won the primary, the establishment GOP could, without recourse, change their rules and chose anyone they want.

This brings us back to the On One But Paul efforts in my opinion. If they mess with us we'll give them Obama for sure.

Captain Shays
10-22-2011, 01:51 PM
I agree with you.

A small monthly newsletter could easily be posted here at the forums for people to download, print, and distribute locally. If it looked professional and contained entertaining reading, then many breakfast diners, and other businesses, may be willing to let supporters leave a few copies for their customers to read.

How are we going to get it printed so that it's so cheap that millions of Ron Paul supporters and others will be able to distribute it all over the place? I LOVE this idea. I mean just for the campaign we NEED to make more signs, bumper stickers, new letters and dvd's. we NEED to make them en mass and get them out to everyone.
Why didn't anyone respond to my idea of a money bomb to purchase our own printing press and hire capable people of pumping out all kinds of materials. We have the talent. We have the money. We have willing people. We did a great job in 2007 of plastering signs and stickers everywhere but I really want to take it to a whole other level to BLACK THEM OUT.

Captain Shays
10-22-2011, 01:52 PM
My vote is for BlackTHEMOut

Travlyr
10-22-2011, 02:40 PM
How are we going to get it printed so that it's so cheap that millions of Ron Paul supporters and others will be able to distribute it all over the place? I LOVE this idea. I mean just for the campaign we NEED to make more signs, bumper stickers, new letters and dvd's. we NEED to make them en mass and get them out to everyone.
Why didn't anyone respond to my idea of a money bomb to purchase our own printing press and hire capable people of pumping out all kinds of materials. We have the talent. We have the money. We have willing people. We did a great job in 2007 of plastering signs and stickers everywhere but I really want to take it to a whole other level to BLACK THEM OUT.
That becomes a business. ^^ It's okay by me. I would be interested in investing a few dollars to help get it going, but it has to be run like a for profit business otherwise it will be short lived and unprofessional, imo.

On the other hand, how about design professional looking 8.5 x 14 printable (pdf) downloadable templates so that anyone with a printer can print a few copies and leave it wherever they shop across America?

osan
10-22-2011, 03:02 PM

Project management 001, agreed.

There is another way: take-over. This is a very costly and difficult way to go and not necessarily guaranteed depending on the bylaws of the corporation in question.

If a large enough proportion of the corporate stock can fall into the hands of a bloc, the board may be replaceable, as may be the c-level officers. I am not even sure if the major networks are public. It would not surprise me in the least to find that they are all privately held. Anyone?

Captain Shays
10-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Project management 001, agreed.

There is another way: take-over. This is a very costly and difficult way to go and not necessarily guaranteed depending on the bylaws of the corporation in question.

If a large enough proportion of the corporate stock can fall into the hands of a bloc, the board may be replaceable, as may be the c-level officers. I am not even sure if the major networks are public. It would not surprise me in the least to find that they are all privately held. Anyone?

It goes back to Marconni vs Tesla. Marconni wanted to patent the airwaves but Tesla said that Marconni's radio couldn't have been invented without his vacuum tube. The SC settled the case ...I think...in 1932 and they determined that no one could patent the airwaves because they are a public trust and then they set up the FCC to manage the airwaves and to grant licenses to broadcast over certain frequencies. In other words we already own all the frequencies but the broadcasters own the rights to broadcast over a certain number of them. So we can't tell the broadcasters what to do over their own frequencies but there are still plenty for us to set up "election channels".

I don't know if that answers your question. But as it is, things are so cost prohibitive that if we pooled ALL the money Ron Paul EVER received and ALL the money all of us ever earned, I don't think it would be enough to take over a station.

osan
10-23-2011, 10:14 AM
It goes back to Marconni vs Tesla.

Hit a nerve.

Marconi was a thieving little pimp who stole every idea he ever had from Tesla, who broadcast at least two years prior to the little thief.

Marconi is undoubtedly rotting in hell. Tesla was the greatest inventive genius of the last 1000 years. Sadly, he was also an abominably poor businessman. :(

Tod
10-23-2011, 10:22 AM
The blackout will continue; they have nothing to gain and everything to lose if Paul wins the presidency; we ALL need to expand our contacts and spread the word to achieve victory IN SPITE of the blackout.

speciallyblend
10-23-2011, 10:33 AM
+ rep to the OP

Good point. Something else catchy...

Additionally, calling/writing major advertisers can be impactful

a good start would be to boycott sponsors and picket msm hq in all states including atlanta and nyc and plan it out! i think cleaner44 was working on a boycott list. I think rph and dusman proved that a protest would work..

parocks
10-23-2011, 10:39 AM
I agree with you.

When you're talking about downloading, and leaving it up to the individual on the ground to print or not to print, I like that. I find a lot of these ideas have clearly unworkable parts. I don't see any problems with this.

Captain Shays
10-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Let's call it something. I like Black THEM Out but I am open to suggestions.

justinpagewood
10-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Black THEM Out.

http://i.imgur.com/IHD75.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-k0aoSPL4YMo/Tptoyp2BjFI/AAAAAAAABJI/LqCOQwV8yrI/s1600/end.jpg

libertygrl
10-23-2011, 04:21 PM

Yep. That's the only way they take notice. Hit 'em in the pocketbook.

Captain Shays
10-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Yep. That's the only way they take notice. Hit 'em in the pocketbook.

Do we have that sort of influence and power to really effect a big company's bottom line? I suppose that we do if we can surround ourselves with other like minded parties and really make an impact with whatever presentation we incorporate. I think we really need to convince a lot of people how the media is controlling our electoral processes, helping the elites to send us into wars, and driving us into debt. I know the case can and should be made for all the above