PDA

View Full Version : 11/11/11 - "Bring Them Home" (BTH) Moneybomb - Idea Thread

chris41336
10-20-2011, 10:46 AM
So I think it is vital that we start planning for BTH NOW. I know "technically' BTO isn't over, but for all intents and purposes no further big donations are going to be rolling in.

http://i.imgur.com/8s3Su.png

So first thing:

10/21/11 UPDATES IN RED
The Name: "Bring Them Home" is short, sweet and to the point. It can also be brought down to a three letter acronymy like Black This Out was. (BTH). In addition, many including myself support having "Support the Troops: Bring Them Home" being the tagline. There is a poll in another thread about the name, feel free to vote in it. So far, Bring Them Home is winning.

The Image: I was thinking alongside "Bring Them Home" on the adverts for this MB as well as on the ticker there should be no other words, just an image of a Soldier hugging his child as he comes home. Something like
http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/news_impact/2008/12/large_Troops-Hug-453.jpg. Something along those lines.

The image will make it relatable to family members and to women who consistently poll lower for RP. We need to make this moneybomb not eve necessarily about support for Ron. This is to support an idea of bringing the troops home because war destroys the family. Ron is just the carrier of this message, and this moneybomb will be all about that. BTO was more of an inside joke, a mocking of the media. This message is resounding, and I think it can be huge.

I am open to helping plan this thing, we just need to get organized ASAP just like BTO was. PM me and post here if you have any further ideas, if you want to make a FB group, etc. I have no problem being "lead organizer" but I cannot travel and I would have to be limited more to logistics (aka keeping certain people on certain jobs, etc., coming up with ideas) rather than being on the ground. But we need on the ground for this too.

We are currently trying to purchase the Domain names that we could use. Once a domain name has been purchased, we will need hosting and I will post another update.

Let's make this one big!

FreeTraveler
10-20-2011, 10:55 AM
+1776

Elwar
10-20-2011, 11:06 AM
The message needs to be...support the troops.

And who do the troops support? Ron Paul.

chris41336
10-20-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm surprised more people aren't posting. I guess everyone is worn out after BTO, but we don't have time to rest!

KingNothing
10-20-2011, 11:36 AM
I think we should probably try to incorporate some sort of meet-up bomb into one of these moneybombs, sooner or later. I think that basically throwing Ron Paul themed parties would be a pretty awesome thing to do. Imagine all of the donations Paul could get if we had dozens of boozed-up people donating at tens of thousands of parties across the nation!

In all seriousness, it would be a great way to meet and plan with like-minded individuals, and to expose friends and family to Ron Paul

RonPaul101.com
10-20-2011, 12:08 PM
We need a good :30 ad on what will be the website for this moneybomb. That can be in addition to other videos, but by making one fit for TV it can be circulated and spread easier. YAL groups could maybe get it on campus tv stations, among other possibilities. The video would have to be clear and professional as possible, not loud music to flashing images. Those video's fire "us" up but we would need a :30 infomation based ad.

Kodaddy
10-20-2011, 12:17 PM
I love this...an actual rally to support the troops, nationwide sign waves, and a moneybomb...let's make this happen!

RonPaul101.com
10-20-2011, 12:25 PM
I love this...an actual rally to support the troops, nationwide sign waves, and a moneybomb...let's make this happen!

Agreed, it should be all of the above. Moneybombs should include a rally, a signwave, even advertising for the moneybomb itself because that would be double advertising; it gets new comers to check out Ron Paul and it gets liberty minded people to contribute.

lucent
10-20-2011, 12:31 PM
I support the name. We need a domain.

bringthemhome.com,.net, .org are all taken.

bring-them-home.com is available

or we could use something like bringthemhome-nov15.com

IndianaPolitico
10-20-2011, 12:33 PM
I think that we should have something like the "blacked out bars" on our profile pictures. I like the idea of using those yellow "Support the troops" ribbons, and say, "Bring them home!" or something like that.

lucent
10-20-2011, 12:43 PM
I think that we should have something like the "blacked out bars" on our profile pictures. I like the idea of using those yellow "Support the troops" ribbons, and say, "Bring them home!" or something like that.

Could have the yellow ribbon with 'Support Our Troops' written on it with 'Bring Them Home' as well.

MJU1983
10-20-2011, 12:46 PM
See:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?311272-11.11.11-Support-The-Troops-Moneybomb-planning-thread

http://vetsforpaul.com/

lucent
10-20-2011, 12:49 PM
See:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?311272-11.11.11-Support-The-Troops-Moneybomb-planning-thread

People are familiar with vetsforpaul.com and we don't like the domain name, at all. The owner also isn't cooperative with dusman or anyone else.

'Bring Them Home' is a much better theme than simply 'Support Our Troops'. Our version of supporting the troops is bringing them home to their families.

MJU1983
10-20-2011, 12:58 PM
People are familiar with vetsforpaul.com and we don't like the domain name, at all. The owner also isn't cooperative with dusman or anyone else.

'Bring Them Home' is a much better theme than simply 'Support Our Troops'. Our version of supporting the troops is bringing them home to their families.

Well, T-minus 22 days including today... ;)

chris41336
10-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Ok, so I want to compile a list of who is willing to do what. If you are interested in helping promote this moneybomb in ANY way, PM me and/or leave a message here with what you want to contribute with. Anything helps, even if its just time.

I like the idea of replacing the "black out bars" with a Ribbon that says "Bring Them Home" on it. It's a similarly viral thing.

THIS is how you market moneybombs. Make them catchy, with little popping things to get the masses to be like "oh thats cool." Let me know what you want to do to help out.

Also, November 11th is the correct date for veterans day, right? I saw someone say the 15th in the thread.

LibertyEsq
10-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Idea for the website: I think we should have a pledge page with a certain number for everyone to pledge. Maybe a couple options like $100.00 or $201.20. That way we can motivate people to start saving up more and raise our average donation. I think that's what you guys did in 2007 so it's not exactly a new idea

chris41336
10-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Idea for the website: I think we should have a pledge page with a certain number for everyone to pledge. Maybe a couple options like $100.00 or $201.20. That way we can motivate people to start saving up more and raise our average donation. I think that's what you guys did in 2007 so it's not exactly a new idea

Should we name the packages? Or is that too corny and salesman-y.

LibertyEsq
10-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Also if the code is easily transferable maybe we should start a pledge contest as soon as possible. Once Dusman started that contest our pledges on the BTO page skyrocketed. Would also be adding more and more people to our grassroots email lists.

moreliberty
10-20-2011, 04:06 PM

I like the idea of something. But not ribbons, been used to much, people will just look right past them. It has to scream out "LOOK AT ME"

chris41336
10-20-2011, 04:08 PM
I like the idea of something. But not ribbons, been used to much, people will just look right past them. It has to scream out "LOOK AT ME"

Make your pictures grayscale or black and white. Over your image, put "POW", but make it transluscent. That would be epic.

Tecnically, we are ALL POWs from the governments rampant expansion. What do you think?

chris41336
10-20-2011, 04:17 PM
How about this:

http://i.imgur.com/rjko0.jpg

LibertyEsq
10-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Make your pictures grayscale or black and white. Over your image, put "POW", but make it transluscent. That would be epic.

Tecnically, we are ALL POWs from the governments rampant expansion. What do you think?

I think it should come off as more supportive of the troops than antiwar, as that will bring a greater consensus within the Rep party, but that's just me

chris41336
10-20-2011, 04:20 PM
I think it should come off as more supportive of the troops than antiwar, as that will bring a greater consensus within the Rep party, but that's just me

I agree with you, but I'm not sure how we can have that come across through little picture-additions as we did in BTO without ribbons. I'll keep thinking tho. Maybe medals of honor or something?

LibertyEsq
10-20-2011, 04:24 PM
I agree with you, but I'm not sure how we can have that come across through little picture-additions as we did in BTO without ribbons. I'll keep thinking tho. Maybe medals of honor or something?

I like the idea of yellow ribbons. People will see hundreds of Paul supporters with yellow ribbons in their pictures and it will make Paul look good. We could put a yellow ribbon along with "11.11.11" in our pictures so people are reminded of the date of the moneybomb

chris41336
10-20-2011, 04:27 PM
I like the idea of yellow ribbons. People will see hundreds of Paul supporters with yellow ribbons in their pictures and it will make Paul look good. We could put a yellow ribbon along with "11.11.11" in our pictures so people are reminded of the date of the moneybomb

I liked that idea but some others in the thread were expressing dissatisfaction with that due to it being played out. We have to come to consensus soon tho, we need to start promoting this. I am going to make a FB page tonight when I get home (within the hour). But I need a profile picture. For now, I am thinking of just taking a picture of a soldier hugging his children and putting "Bring Them Home" in big letters over it (with the moneybomb date) as the Profile Pic until we get something better.

dbill27
10-20-2011, 04:31 PM
BTH IS GENIUS!!! We could get a lot of donations from military families. I think we need some sort of cultural thing like the black out bars for BTO to symbolize how those fighting the wars have been forgotten about and the fact that ending the wars has been removed from the political discussion.

LibertyEsq
10-20-2011, 04:31 PM
I liked that idea but some others in the thread were expressing dissatisfaction with that due to it being played out. We have to come to consensus soon tho, we need to start promoting this. I am going to make a FB page tonight when I get home (within the hour). But I need a profile picture. For now, I am thinking of just taking a picture of a soldier hugging his children and putting "Bring Them Home" in big letters over it (with the moneybomb date) as the Profile Pic until we get something better.

consensus is for communists :p

Xenophage
10-20-2011, 04:36 PM
I question the wisdom of having so many money bombs so close to each other. Is it better or worse than having fewer, larger moneybombs?

LibertyEsq
10-20-2011, 04:39 PM
I question the wisdom of having so many money bombs so close to each other. Is it better or worse than having fewer, larger moneybombs?

Nov. 11 and Dec. 16 are pretty far apart, I think we'll need to get Ron money between now and December 16th as he just announced another $2 million ad buy and we don't want him to run low on cash until halfway through December. It might even be too late by then for New Hampshire

Xenophage
10-20-2011, 04:45 PM
Nov. 11 and Dec. 16 are pretty far apart, I think we'll need to get Ron money between now and December 16th as he just announced another $2 million ad buy and we don't want him to run low on cash until halfway through December. It might even be too late by then for New Hampshire

You're right. I must have missed the memo about December 16... or maybe it should have been obvious that was going to happen anyway :)

Shane Harris
10-20-2011, 04:46 PM
justin page wood. get on designing the aesthetic for this moneybomb. haha we all know its your responsibility :P but really he was a huge reason for the success of BTO. the design and graphic nature of it was professional and caught on. we can do it again.

Xenophage
10-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Okay, I love this theme by the way. We can use it to start conversations about foreign policy and why Ron is *right.* Maybe we can change some hearts and minds.

LatinsforPaul
10-20-2011, 04:47 PM
I love the "Bring Them ALL Home" concept...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7KfXkQdS64

KramerDSP
10-20-2011, 04:49 PM
One way of hooking an audience in during the moneybomb videos for BTH would be to clearly point out that every child 10 or younger has never experienced life without war.

davidt!
10-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Good name and I like the yellow ribbon idea. You may want to see if you can get Dusman, Justipagewood and Sentinelv on board as they are great assets to have.

parocks
10-20-2011, 05:09 PM

There definitely should be some on the ground action to accompany every money bomb. The on the ground action should be promoted along with the moneybomb, and should not come in later.

johndeal
10-20-2011, 05:13 PM
I have a picture of me as a boy when my Dad came home from Korea jumping into his arms. And another I think of my Mom , my sisters and I when he came home from Germany. I remember crying for days when he would leave for weeks or months at a time. It makes me feel real pain to think of the poor kids and spouses who have to put up with these wars.

If you guys have any pictures like that I suggest you find them and post them for your profiles and just in general. Sort of like the BTO pics we used.

I think if you have a pic like that it will be much more powerful than anything you can say to the neo-cons.

MJU1983
10-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Took the Federal Reserve money-drop pic and edited it for our benefit:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/MJU1983/Plane_Money_111111.jpg

JoshLowry
10-20-2011, 06:08 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/ronpaulmilitarydonationsspeakingtimedebates.png

phill4paul
10-20-2011, 06:13 PM
How about this:

http://i.imgur.com/rjko0.jpg

P.O.W. PEACE. OVER. WAR.

chris41336
10-20-2011, 06:15 PM
P.O.W. PEACE. OVER. WAR.

That just blew my mind.

harikaried
10-20-2011, 10:34 PM
We need to make this moneybomb not even necessarily about support for Ron. This is to support an idea of bringing the troops home because war destroys the family. Ron is just the carrier of this message, and this moneybomb will be all about that.I think this is key. There's broad appeal to ending the wars across the country, and raising that money for the campaign to push hard in the early states will get Ron Paul the votes to win the primary.

Another thing that we need to highlight is that if Ron Paul doesn't get the money to win the primary, there will be *no* anti-war candidate! Obama has proven to be weak on anti-war, and the other Republican candidates are even worse.

qwerty
10-20-2011, 11:49 PM
Why not whole weekend bomb ?

kojirodensetsu
10-20-2011, 11:50 PM
11/11/11 is also when Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim comes out. :D

lucent
10-21-2011, 12:44 AM
vetsforpaul fails specifically because it focuses too much on Paul and it's vets for. I am not a Vet, and most other Ron Paul supporters aren't Vets. It's disingenuous to think that everyone donating that day is a Vet. Thus I have no motivation to advertise it or donate that day with that kind of theme.

Bring Them Home is so much better. Anyone get a domain yet?

LibertasPraesidium
10-21-2011, 01:09 AM
I think this is a great idea and Ill discuss the opportunity to do something with my meetup, like Flag waving and general anti-war peaceful protests. There were some people up here handing out Ron Paul for Peace signs for the campaign they can help a bunch too. As soon as we have a really good looking image for this I would like a copy. Also, the yellow ribbon over the heart on a greyscale picture would be awesome just make sure that it doesn't violate Beyond the yellow ribbon usage rights or whatever. Furthermore, the idea someone came up with about BRING - THEM - ALL - HOME would be awesome. I have a meetup to go to on monday and tuesday so i can spread it at both. :-) When we have a graphic for the money bomb/ Vets day rally we should disseminate it very quickly on twitter,facebook, an email to the campaign and so on.

Article V
10-21-2011, 01:10 AM
What about "Bring US home" as a possible name? The US is a double entendre meaning both "us" as in the troops themselves and U.S. meaning the United States. It puts the moneybomb in a place where the troops are using direct address toward the American people and asking the People to support the troops by allowing them to come home, and it supports the popular message of America protecting itself at home in the United States rather than spreading ourselves thin via unpopular empire-building.

We put yellow ribbons with "Support our troops" and "Bring US home" and "11.11.11" on the strings. (And no, yellow ribbons as a method of conveying troop support and hope for their safe passage home can never be overdone. Pretending that yellow ribbons are overdone would be like telling a woman engagement rings at proposals are overdone. Ron Paul looks classy with a yellow ribbon and looks like a poser with a POW. Comparing the current state of America to the plight of a prisoner of war is obscene, tactless, and repulsive. Ron Paul's foreign policy national defense position is the most misunderstood platform of Ron's campaign, so using a universally understood symbol for American troop support and safe passage home is the most effective way to communicate the message of ending the needless wars and protecting the American homeland where it's most needed: at home.

LibertasPraesidium
10-21-2011, 01:12 AM
The campaign could push for it to be an issue by opening up a challenge on Foreign Policy, bring some focus on it by exposing everyone else's subpar records. I think that is even the theme of the next debate as well.

LibertasPraesidium
10-21-2011, 01:14 AM
Thats really good, now we need images, the Bring US Home can be a deeper message and people love that.

Article V
10-21-2011, 01:16 AM
Thats really good, now we need images, the Bring US Home can be a deeper message and people love that.Thanks. Glad you like it. :)

bringUShome2012.com is available.

McDermit
10-21-2011, 01:19 AM
I have BringThemHome2012.com... Not sure if that'd work?

lucent
10-21-2011, 01:20 AM
Bring US Home isn't bad, but I still prefer Bring Them Home.

lucent
10-21-2011, 01:21 AM
I have BringThemHome2012.com... Not sure if that'd work?

Well, it might confuse people on the date of the moneybomb. Also, they wouldn't come home till 2013 when Paul actually becomes president.

McDermit
10-21-2011, 01:36 AM
BringUShome.com isn't available.

Well, it might confuse people on the date of the moneybomb. Also, they wouldn't come home till 2013 when Paul actually becomes president.Haha, 2013 would confuse people even more. You always advertise the election year, not inauguration. Like "change in 2008" wouldn't actually come until 09, but you still promote the election year. And if you start adding 11s to the domain, that gets messy and would look awful on a sign.

I don't really care either way, but someone needs to jump on a domain and run with it. If dusman or whomever wants to use bringthemhome2012, I'm offering.

McDermit
10-21-2011, 01:37 AM
Does anyone know who the RonPaulSignBomb.com organizers are? It'd be nice if they'd get on board this time and coordinate their efforts with the moneybomb.

MJU1983
10-21-2011, 02:42 AM
Stitched something together...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImBoLAosb0Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImBoLAosb0Y&hd=1

Darin
10-21-2011, 03:11 AM
Like the idea and everything... but I would strongly advise against it. It's polarizing, and it will make Paul and us an easy target for the jingoistic media and public. It will be a sure way to turn off many of the voters we need to reach.

It should NOT be a politicized event. We're already holding it on a day with a purpose. It should be about honoring troops. Nothing more. Of course we will understand bringing troops home is our way of honoring and supporting them... but that's a personal issue, and using a controversial personal issue is a sure way to set us back for the nomination process.

NEXT year when we face Obama... that's when we'll need the BTH.

- Darin

realtonygoodwin
10-21-2011, 03:17 AM
Yeah, if you make it about bringing the troops home, you will lose a lot of potential support. Remember, we need to expand the support base, not preach to the choir more.

The message should be, we support the troops, the troops want Ron Paul to be President, so everyone that wants to support the troop should choose Ron Paul.

realtonygoodwin
10-21-2011, 03:17 AM
Sorry. Double post.

lucent
10-21-2011, 03:22 AM
Like the idea and everything... but I would strongly advise against it. It's polarizing, and it will make Paul and us an easy target for the jingoistic media and public. It will be a sure way to turn off many of the voters we need to reach.

It should NOT be a politicized event. We're already holding it on a day with a purpose. It should be about honoring troops. Nothing more. Of course we will understand bringing troops home is our way of honoring and supporting them... but that's a personal issue, and using a controversial personal issue is a sure way to set us back for the nomination process.

NEXT year when we face Obama... that's when we'll need the BTH.

- Darin

One of Ron Paul's primary platform is ending the wars.

Yeah, if you make it about bringing the troops home, you will lose a lot of potential support. Remember, we need to expand the support base, not preach to the choir more.

The message should be, we support the troops, the troops want Ron Paul to be President, so everyone that wants to support the troop should choose Ron Paul.

A moneybomb is not about expanding the support base. It is about preaching to the choir because it is the choir that donates money. Just supporting the troops doesn't cut it for marketing it towards Ron Paul supporters.

realtonygoodwin
10-21-2011, 03:38 AM
The focus of everything we do from here on out, needs to be on expanding the base. We will not win if we don't.

lucent
10-21-2011, 03:39 AM
The focus of everything we do from here on out, needs to be on expanding the base. We will not win if we don't.

We get money to the campaign so the campaign can expand the base. If the campaign doesn't get enough money, this whole thing is over.

realtonygoodwin
10-21-2011, 03:44 AM
Yes but.
The campaign has been getting money, and spending it on these great ads and everything...and the base hasn't grown in the last couple months. Growth has been stagnant at best. Bring them home reminds rank and file Republicans that they don't like him.

lucent
10-21-2011, 03:54 AM
Yes but.
The campaign has been getting money, and spending it on these great ads and everything...and the base hasn't grown in the last couple months. Growth has been stagnant at best. Bring them home reminds rank and file Republicans that they don't like him.

If his support doesn't go up, then it doesn't go up. He currently has an anti-war ad running in various States. It is apart of his platform and you are going to have to deal with it. He isn't going to censor what he is running on just to get more votes and neither are we.

pacodever
10-21-2011, 04:12 AM
If his support doesn't go up, then it doesn't go up. He currently has an anti-war ad running in various States. It is apart of his platform and you are going to have to deal with it. He isn't going to censor what he is running on just to get more votes and neither are we.

Agreed. The troops support Ron BECAUSE he is against unconstitutional wars, nation building, and unsustainable military adventurism. Rank and file Republicans who support that type of policy will NEVER support Ron Paul. Don't separate his message from the money bomb.

Also, be careful with the military symbols you use. Yellow ribbons are good as blue and gold stars used appropriately. But please DO NOT use P.O.W., M.I.A., or military awards or decorations for promotion, unless you are highlighting Ron's. Many veterans would find that offensive.

RIPLEYMOM
10-21-2011, 04:39 AM
What a great idea, and starting now is insightful. Can a short video be attached to the embeddable ticker? Or, can the statistic showing military contributions be displayed on the ticker?

The case for the desperateness of America's small but numerative contribution record to Paul needs to get out there. What is that saying? Out of many, comes one?

lucent
10-21-2011, 07:26 AM
So anyone want to volunteer to get a domain and start working on the website?

chris41336
10-21-2011, 07:26 AM
I agree about needing to expand the base but I disagree about this moneybomb being more polarizing.

There are tons of rank-and-file republicans who want our troops to come home. Hell, I'm sure a lot of them have family over there. This isn't anti-troop. This is simply about having our families together and our soldiers who have been fighting hard d come home and help defend us here where it matters, like on ouur border.

Also, I think we have decided on the yellow ribbons. Whoever said they were overused has been overruled =P haha.

PatriotOne
10-21-2011, 08:16 AM
Bring Them Home theme fabulous. Yellow ribbons...not fabulous. I have always wondered why "yellow" ribbons were used to Support our Troops. Colors have meaning in the subconscious of people.....

In the English language, yellow has traditionally been associated with jaundice and cowardice.[5] Yellow is associated with the word "caution" and is the second light on stop lights. The color is associated with aging as well, for both people and objects (e.g. "yellowed" paper). Ethnographically, the term "yellow" has been used as a slang term for both Asians ("yellow peril") and, in the early 20th century, light-skinned African-Americans (High yellow).

"Yellow" ("giallo"), in Italy, refers to crime stories, both fictional and real. This association began in about 1930, when the first series of crime novels published in Italy had yellow covers. The term "yellow movie" (黃色電影) can refer to films of pornographic nature in Chinese culture, and is analogous to the English "blue movie".[6] Lastly, it is associated with sensational journalistic practices, or yellow journalism, and resistance to militant trade unions.[7]

In the United States yellow is also associated with the Libertarian Party

In the United States, a yellow dog Democrat was a Southern voter who consistently voted for Democratic candidates in the late 19th and early 20th centuries because of lingering resentment against the Republicans dating back to the Civil War and Reconstruction period. Today the term refers to a hard-core Democrat, supposedly referring to a person who would vote for a "yellow dog" before voting for a Republican.

chris41336
10-21-2011, 08:24 AM
Did someone register bringthemhome2012.com from this site already today? Apparently someone registered the domain TODAY after it was mentioned in this thread. It would be nice to know it wasn't a troll and was someone who was trying to help, lol.

parocks
10-21-2011, 08:27 AM
This has been settled for a long time

The donation page for Veterans Day Moneybomb is up and done
The facebook page for Veterans Day Moneybomb is up and done

The theme is basically - look at this good looking picture of Ron Paul in uniform.

Sounds good to me. Since this clearly was discussed before, and been settled, it's pretty simple.

Ron Paul's Veterans Day Moneybomb 11.11.11
Support The Troops Moneybomb

PatriotOne
10-21-2011, 08:42 AM
Blue ribbons on the other hand...............

Culture and the Meaning of Blue:

In many diverse cultures blue is significant in religious beliefs, brings peace, or is believed to keep the bad spirits away.
Blue conveys importance and confidence without being somber or sinister, hence the blue power suit of the corporate world and the blue uniforms of police officers. Long considered a corporate color, blue, especially medium and darker blues, is associated with intelligence, stability, unity, and conservatism. Just as seeing red alludes to the strong emotions invoked by the color red, feeling blue or getting the blues represents the extremes of the calm feelings associated with blue, i.e. sadness or depression, lack of strong (violent) emotion. Dark blue is sometimes seen as staid or stodgy — old-fashioned.

In Iran, blue is the color of mourning while in the West the something blue bridal tradition represents love.

XTreat
10-21-2011, 08:49 AM
When I table my first talking point is ending the wars. Almost everyone agrees with me and this is not a polarizing policy it is a SELLING point. 70% plus of the country wants to end the wars. Only 1 candidate wants to do that.

harikaried
10-21-2011, 08:58 AM
We get money to the campaign so the campaign can expand the base. If the campaign doesn't get enough money, this whole thing is over.Absolutely. Get the campaign donations now from everyone including Democrats and Independents to help the campaign run ads targeting the primaries.

However, we should still consider the effect on the Republican voters, and we can tailor the message to focus on cutting spending. Tie it back to the Plan to Restore America - "save US $800 billion!"

lucent
10-21-2011, 09:03 AM
This has been settled for a long time

The donation page for Veterans Day Moneybomb is up and done
The facebook page for Veterans Day Moneybomb is up and done

The theme is basically - look at this good looking picture of Ron Paul in uniform.

Sounds good to me. Since this clearly was discussed before, and been settled, it's pretty simple.

Ron Paul's Veterans Day Moneybomb 11.11.11
Support The Troops Moneybomb

So how many viral YouTube videos do you think you can make with the theme of Ron Paul in a uniform?

If you haven't noticed, people talking about "Bring Them Home" don't care for vetsforpaul.com. Quit trying to push it. You act as if the grassroots has leaders that we must listen to and that these dictators have "settled" this.

parocks
10-21-2011, 09:34 AM
So how many viral YouTube videos do you think you can make with the theme of Ron Paul in a uniform?

If you haven't noticed, people talking about "Bring Them Home" don't care for vetsforpaul.com. Quit trying to push it. You act as if the grassroots has leaders that we must listen to and that these dictators have "settled" this.

Me personally? I could make a bunch. But one thing that Ron Paul supporters like to do is make videos.

The grassroots does reach a consensus, and then acts on it. There are defacto leaders, sometimes certain people can make consensus. Right now, I'd argue that if Gage and Dusman and Justin Pagewood got together on this and came up with something a little different, but still in the spirit of the thread where this has been discussed and settled, I'd be good with that.

The grassroots doesn't particularly want its projects that are moving forward in a collaborative way to be distrupted by people who do not seem to be helpful.

Share your thoughts on the existing thread.

We get it, you'd prefer a theme more in keeping with antiwar sensibilities. Others wish to play up that Ron Paul is a veteran, and that Ron Paul gets the most money from active duty military.

I'd argue that we've made enough bold moves for the antiwar left, and that we should work on getting Likely Republican Primary Voters.

We just had an energizing, but risky, moneybomb, and a safer, more traditional moneybomb is a nice balance.

But this was all decided a week or 2 ago. A functioning site is working. If improvements in design are required, dusman could make the site look like the bto site.

I'm in favor of plastering Ron Pauls pic in a uniform all over the internet.

lucent
10-21-2011, 09:46 AM
Me personally? I could make a bunch. But one thing that Ron Paul supporters like to do is make videos.

The grassroots does reach a consensus, and then acts on it. There are defacto leaders, sometimes certain people can make consensus. Right now, I'd argue that if Gage and Dusman and Justin Pagewood got together on this and came up with something a little different, but still in the spirit of the thread where this has been discussed and settled, I'd be good with that.

The grassroots doesn't particularly want its projects that are moving forward in a collaborative way to be distrupted by people who do not seem to be helpful.

Share your thoughts on the existing thread.

We get it, you'd prefer a theme more in keeping with antiwar sensibilities. Others wish to play up that Ron Paul is a veteran, and that Ron Paul gets the most money from active duty military.

I'd argue that we've made enough bold moves for the antiwar left, and that we should work on getting Likely Republican Primary Voters.

We just had an energizing, but risky, moneybomb, and a safer, more traditional moneybomb is a nice balance.

But this was all decided a week or 2 ago. A functioning site is working. If improvements in design are required, dusman could make the site look like the bto site.

I'm in favor of plastering Ron Pauls pic in a uniform all over the internet.

It won't be successful. Just as it wasn't successful in 2007. You know your idea has been tried. It failed because it is horrible marketing. To get people motivated into doing something, whether it is donating or spreading the word, you need to invoke an emotional response. "Paul was a Veteran" and "Paul got the most donations from the military" are both bland.

If you haven't noticed, dusman and Gage are missing in action. There is no sign of them. Gage is ever barely around to begin with.

LatinsforPaul
10-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Bring US Home isn't bad, but I still prefer Bring Them Home.

I prefer "Bring Them All Home"

Carole
10-21-2011, 09:57 AM
You need to use this graph in a video perhaps? :D

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/ronpaulmilitarydonationsspeakingtimedebates.png

lucent
10-21-2011, 09:59 AM

That's good, but in a domain bringthemallhome, spells the word mall which looks weird.

qwerty
10-21-2011, 10:00 AM

me too and please whole weekend bomb!

McDermit
10-21-2011, 10:16 AM
As I said, I have bringthemhome2012 registered...
I'm on an ipad right now, so can't do much until I get home... but if dusman or anyone wants to use it, they can pm me.

I don't really see vetsforpaul taking off the way bth would. If it's been ready for a week already and has only 2 subscribers, that alone is telling. If people can't agree and we end up with 2 sites, who cares? We still send our donations to the same place on the same day.

Chainspell
10-21-2011, 10:19 AM
vetsforpaul fails specifically because it focuses too much on Paul and it's vets for. I am not a Vet, and most other Ron Paul supporters aren't Vets. It's disingenuous to think that everyone donating that day is a Vet. Thus I have no motivation to advertise it or donate that day with that kind of theme.

Bring Them Home is so much better. Anyone get a domain yet?
well i wouldnt use the word it "fails". it's a little demeaning...

but I would agree that BTH provokes an emotional response than vetsforpaul. most people don't care about vets sad fact :( i mean, everybody respects them, but they really dont care that much. and that's a whole different battle.

we can still tie vets with BTH, but the main theme should be BTH. we will get major support with families who have military relatives serving outside the US. I think we'll get a bigger response with Bring them Home than with Vets for Paul. We can still turn it around, whoever started vetsforpaul can head up the new bringthemhome money bomb, that's ofcourse unless lucent wants to lead it. it's just a change in the name... our purpose is still the same!

I mean major support as in family members spreading the word out about ron paul... this can be a gateway for people to have a second look at ron paul.

linusPAULing
10-21-2011, 10:31 AM
but I would agree that BTH provokes an emotional response than vetsforpaul.

This!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oSpeZZFFMT0

bolidew
10-21-2011, 10:33 AM
Shooting for $6,000,000 again on this one?

lucent
10-21-2011, 10:40 AM
well i wouldnt use the word it "fails". it's a little demeaning...

but I would agree that BTH provokes an emotional response than vetsforpaul. most people don't care about vets sad fact :( i mean, everybody respects them, but they really dont care that much. and that's a whole different battle.

we can still tie vets with BTH, but the main theme should be BTH. we will get major support with families who have military relatives serving outside the US. I think we'll get a bigger response with Bring them Home than with Vets for Paul. We can still turn it around, whoever started vetsforpaul can head up the new bringthemhome money bomb, that's ofcourse unless lucent wants to lead it. it's just a change in the name... our purpose is still the same!

I mean major support as in family members spreading the word out about ron paul... this can be a gateway for people to have a second look at ron paul.

Well we want to bring them home so more soldiers become vets instead of casualties.

parocks
10-21-2011, 10:43 AM
the objection to vetsforpaul.com is noted. veteransdaymoneybomb.com is the straight forward one.

Gage, Dusman, Justinpagewood and whoever else has a currently hot hand should hammer that out.

Also, they should have at least one event to go with.

lucent
10-21-2011, 10:50 AM
the objection to vetsforpaul.com is noted. veteransdaymoneybomb.com is the straight forward one.

Gage, Dusman, Justinpagewood and whoever else has a currently hot hand should hammer that out.

Also, they should have at least one event to go with.

veteransdaymoneybomb.com isn't exactly inspiring. To market something you need to have a marketable message. "Donate on Veteran's Day" isn't one.

parocks
10-21-2011, 11:04 AM
I personally don't care. Supportthetroops was another choice. I prefer something neutral that points to 2 clear winner, not divisive issues. Ron Paul is a veteran. He gets the most money from active military. Gage, Dusman, Justinpagewood and others might want to tweak things.

But those guys have hot hands right now, so I'm confident that whatever tweaks they make will be fine. vetsdaydonation.com

This particular moneybomb is not designed to appeal to the same 18-29 demo that blackthisout.com was designed to appeal to. This is one that will skew older, more LRPV.

It's good to have a balance between the types.

Chainspell
10-21-2011, 11:04 AM
veteransdaymoneybomb.com isn't exactly inspiring. To market something you need to have a marketable message. "Donate on Veteran's Day" isn't one.
I'm currently working on acquiring bringthemhome.com. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

lucent
10-21-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm currently working on acquiring bringthemhome.com. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Good luck. :)

truthsaga
10-21-2011, 12:24 PM
This is for our troops. Our 100/100 plan - 100$ for Ron Paul Campaign and 100 minutes face time going door to door or in front of Supermarket with signs "Support Our Troops, Bring Them Home!" Also, have decent size visuals of who the active military supports! Easy to do and I am sure we can all go above and beyond if we wish.

lucent
10-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Some people send a "care package" to the troops to make their misery less miserable. We want to give them the ultimate gift, a one-way ticket back to their families.

seawolf
10-21-2011, 02:18 PM
RECOMMEND A TWO DAY - 48 HOUR MONEYBOMB!!!

I would strongly recommend for the Forums's consideration a two day, 48 hour Mone Bomb!!! On Day Two of the BTO Money Bomb $292,743.93 additional dollars were raised by us for the campaign.

In addition, I and I do not think virtually anyone would trust the Campaign IT Staff again. The two hour Computer Bandwith Failure on Oct 19th really hurt the BTO Money Bomb.....We cannot afford to have that happen again!!!

A two day Money Bomb would avoid that possiblity from hurting the event and the extra time would raise more money for the Campaign who needs it especially this quarter....

davidt!
10-21-2011, 03:18 PM
bumper

MrAustin
10-21-2011, 03:20 PM
"Support Our Troops Money Bomb"

Hear me out:

1. This phrase resonates well with most Americans AND it evokes a strong emotional response.
2. It evokes an even STRONGER emitonal response with Ron Paul's base (us) becuase we know that supporting troops is not the same thing as supporting unconstitutional wars.
3. We stick it to the propaganda machine (who created that phrase) by stealing thier phrase and launching a nationwide campaign around it: A campaign to teach people how to REALLY support our troops. We re-define and re-brand thier phrase, just like they re-branded and re-defined our Tea Party.

Bottom line:

If we promote this just right, I bet people who are NOT Ron Paul supporters will STILL want to share the videos. Why fight against the (well intentioned) patriotism of the general public? Why not use it? Why not tap into it? We all feel patriotism, and so does everyone else. Let's focus on helping poeple understand what true patriotism is, rather than try to separate them from somthing that runs very deep with most people.

I love the other ideas, but they will not go viral. "Support our Troops" (right around veterans day!!!!!) COULD go viral. We just need to sprinkle a little education/information on top. Ride the wave!

Thoughts??

lucent
10-21-2011, 03:28 PM
2. It evokes an even STRONGER emitonal response with Ron Paul's base (us) becuase we know that supporting troops is not the same thing as supporting unconstitutional wars.

Sorry. It doesn't because when I hear the phrase I think care packages and waving an American flag.

McDermit
10-21-2011, 03:31 PM
I'm currently working on acquiring bringthemhome.com. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.Ugh. I've been going back and forth with the owner for 2 days... how much did you offer him?

McDermit
10-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Bringthemhome or justcomehome, imo, are the only options. Justcomehome.com wants too much to sell. Bringthemhome.com is doable... or we could use bringthemhome2012 if the price ends up being unreasonable for bth.

Has anyone put together a video or videos that could be used for this yet?

JoshLowry
10-21-2011, 03:36 PM

Hear me out:

1. This phrase resonates well with most Americans AND it evokes a strong emotional response.
3. We stick it to the propaganda machine (who created that phrase) by stealing thier phrase and launching a nationwide campaign around it: A campaign to teach people how to REALLY support our troops. We re-define and re-brand thier phrase, just like they re-branded and re-defined our Tea Party.

Bottom line:

If we promote this just right, I bet people who are NOT Ron Paul supporters will STILL want to share the videos. Why fight against the (well intentioned) patriotism of the general public? Why not use it? Why not tap into it? We all feel patriotism, and so does everyone else. Let's focus on helping poeple understand what true patriotism is, rather than try to separate them from somthing that runs very deep with most people.

I love the other ideas, but they will not go viral. "Support our Troops" (right around veterans day!!!!!) COULD go viral. We just need to sprinkle a little education/information on top. Ride the wave!

Thoughts??

This is pretty solid.

Many of us got involved in politics because of said unconstitutional wars.

The destruction, loss of life, and costs make us uncomfortable to say the least.

JoshLowry
10-21-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm not sure who's domain we're going to end up with. But I'd recommend you not use 2012 in the url for the 11-11-11 MB.

garyallen59
10-21-2011, 03:40 PM

Hear me out:

Bottom line:

Thoughts??

Yes. Please go with this.

IndianaPolitico
10-21-2011, 03:41 PM
It appears that someone has made an "official" facebook event:http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=163195827101460
And they also have made a pledge site: http://www.vetsforpaul.com/

MrAustin
10-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Sorry. It doesn't because when I hear the phrase I think care packages and waving an American flag.

But doesn't it make you mad that that is what supporting our troops has been reduced to? Sure makes me mad.

linusPAULing
10-21-2011, 03:47 PM

I agree. "Support the Troops" is now not a well defined concept. "Bring Them Home" is clear... we don't need to teach anyone what we mean by it!

We want to raise money... and the last thing we want to do is have to teach people our intentions before we ask for money!

Keep it simple!

realtonygoodwin
10-21-2011, 04:02 PM

Hear me out:

Bottom line:

Thoughts??

I agree 100%

chris41336
10-21-2011, 04:28 PM
I was going to add a poll to this thread, but it looks like there is another poll up already in another thread.

I think the catch line should be "Support the Troops: Bring them Home.

I'm going to update the OP.

lucent
10-21-2011, 05:07 PM
orenbus said he will host the website if we get a domain. Still hoping we can get bringthemhome.com

I was going to add a poll to this thread, but it looks like there is another poll up already in another thread.

I think the catch line should be "Support the Troops: Bring them Home.

I'm going to update the OP.

Yes, but the question is what the domain should be. I say bringthemhome

MJU1983
10-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Do we have to use the phrase "Money Bomb"? Couldn't we just emphasize what day it is: Veteran's Day and that "Ron Paul is a Veteran's Best Friend." - Rene Reyes, US Army (retired).

Obviously we could tie that into "support our troops by supporting Ron Paul" encouraging donations but I'm not entirely sure about calling it a "Money Bomb". Does that seem like we are simply trying to capitalize on the troops?

Here is a flyer I put together a couple months ago: http://www.scribd.com/doc/62880024/DrPaul-VeteransDay

MJU1983
10-21-2011, 06:12 PM
http://www.facebook.com/ronpaul

Ron Paul

We just had a soldier in Afghanistan call and place an order for Ron Paul for President items. He ordered 15 buttons for his fellow soldiers and a shirt for his Mom. He thanked us for all of our hard work. We assured him that HE was the one who deserved our thanks.
about an hour ago

lucent
10-21-2011, 06:13 PM
I don't see why we shouldn't use 'moneybomb'. It's our term and it specifically tells what the event is.

chris41336
10-22-2011, 07:50 AM
I'm bumping this thread so that hopefully we can keep all of our ideas in one place.

Mods, maybe we can change the title of this thread to "official?"

chris41336
10-22-2011, 08:36 AM
I updated the OP with this image:

http://i.imgur.com/8s3Su.png

This was cobbled together in paint. We can do much better once people better at this sort of thing get involved.

This image deals with the Obama problem pretty well, and keeps to our message.

lucent
10-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Edited.

TexMac
10-22-2011, 08:54 AM
I don't think you should mention Obama. If you do HAVE to mention him, I would ask if people trust him to bring the troops home. Did he close Gitmo?

It should be something like, "Obama says he's pulling the troops out of Iraq, where will he send them NEXT? Only Ron Paul will bring them HOME."

chris41336
10-22-2011, 08:56 AM
I don't think you should mention Obama. If you do HAVE to mention him, I would ask if people trust him to bring the troops home. Did he close Gitmo?

It should be something like, "Obama says he's pulling the troops out of Iraq, where will he send them NEXT? Only Ron Paul will bring them HOME."

Good ideas. That image isn't the final one, just an example. I was just concerned, given Obama's recent announcements, that OBama had stolen a bit of our thunder.

Also, we can't make it seem like we are against the pull out just because it was Obama. We should be happy those troops are coming home. We just want the rest to come home too.

TexMac
10-22-2011, 09:01 AM
He can't steal our thunder because he lies and breaks promises. Note how conveniently far away the date of withdrawal is. How many NEW places will he be at war in by then? We should stoke suspicion that he is drawing down in Iraq in order to invade somewhere new. Stay offensive against Obama. He can't be trusted, only Ron does what he says.

TexMac
10-22-2011, 09:03 AM
We should be happy those troops are coming home. We just want the rest to come home too.What makes you think they're coming home? Obama will have a new war to send them to, it's his track record. They'll go straight from Baghdad to Kabul or Tehran.

lucent
10-22-2011, 09:06 AM
Here is my theme idea.

A contrasting theme. One side darkness or evil and the other light or good.

On the side of darkness is a blacked out soldier along the lines of Black This Out and our debt (debt clock maybe?) also blacked out. On the side of light is a soldier welcomed home and Ron Paul.

Our ribbon can be a glowing/lighted ribbon on black background instead of a yellow ribbon. We can call it Support the Troops (written in yellow) Bring Them Home (glowing). Nothing written on the ribbon itself. As the emphasis is bring them home, that would be our domain. So on avatars and banners it could say Support Our Troops in yellow and then BringThemHome.com underneath with a 11 - 11 - 11 and Ron Paul money bomb on it.

Okie RP fan
10-22-2011, 09:33 AM
The idea is starting to come together. Liking the direction.

chris41336
10-22-2011, 02:22 PM
So...have we decided to go with another theme rather than this? I thought this theme won the poll. I see the other planning thread here and not this one. Personally I feel like we should only have one planning thread. Its adding to th confusion.

seawolf
10-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Whatever is a decided we need a two day Money Bomb..... Nov 11th and Nov 12th. BTO proved that without a doubt. 2011 Donating patterns for the RP Grassroots is far different from 2007.

lucent
10-23-2011, 01:20 AM
The idea is starting to come together. Liking the direction.

I say it isn't coming together fast enough.

Chainspell
10-23-2011, 01:40 AM
good grief its the 24th now, 7 days before november starts. at this rate we'll only have 1 week to promote the money bomb. if we get a decision in the next 2 days we can all jump on this and get 2 weeks to promote it.

Sentinelrv
10-23-2011, 02:43 AM
I sent a PM to Dusman requesting he take the lead on this once again. I don't know if he'll accept, but I'm tired of the bickering and I don't like Gage's passive role in all this. We already have a money bomb system that Dusman created that we can put to work immediately. I haven't seen Gage post in any of these threads yet, so I would trust Dusman a lot more with this responsibility, because he's active and will act as a filter on new ideas and will participate in the discussion and planning.

AlexG
10-23-2011, 02:51 AM
I feel like this could be the biggest bomb of the year, it definitely has the potential because alot of people are sick of the wars. I'm not sure the process of setting up a Moneybomb but I would like to volunteer my services.

eleganz
10-23-2011, 03:12 AM
There isn't enough promotional time, to be honest. We can't get 2mill again. We won't even get 1

If you guys look at the preparation and fine organization of BTO, you'd see how it was successful.

We already have people doing an end the wars moneybomb, no organization, the donations will be low. Also remember many people are tapped out or need to recuperate before donating AGAIN.

realtonygoodwin
10-23-2011, 03:12 AM
So...have we decided to go with another theme rather than this? I thought this theme won the poll. I see the other planning thread here and not this one. Personally I feel like we should only have one planning thread. Its adding to th confusion.

Uhh...then why use this thread? Why not use the original one that had already been started?

eleganz
10-23-2011, 03:14 AM
Uhh...then why use this thread? Why not use the original one that had already been started?

because there was no agreement, only sporadic actions.

BTO was organized and that is why it was successful.

lucent
10-23-2011, 04:06 AM
There isn't enough promotional time, to be honest. We can't get 2mill again. We won't even get 1

If you guys look at the preparation and fine organization of BTO, you'd see how it was successful.

We already have people doing an end the wars moneybomb, no organization, the donations will be low. Also remember many people are tapped out or need to recuperate before donating AGAIN.

I wanted the November 11th money bomb website created before even BTO started, but I was basically denied.

because there was no agreement, only sporadic actions.

BTO was organized and that is why it was successful.

The organizers of BTO have been largely absent. Until someone with the skills steps up and makes the website, it will continue to go nowhere.

davidt!
10-23-2011, 10:29 AM
bumb

ItsTime
10-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Not liking the theme, it should be a support our troops MB to widen the base not shrink it.

lucent
10-23-2011, 10:33 AM
Not liking the theme, it should be a support our troops MB to widen the base not shrink it.

Chainspell suggested this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?325351-November-11-Veteran-s-Day-Money-Bomb-%28let-s-stand-united!-and-get-to-work!%29

I am still unsure if he is going to actually take the lead on it.

jasonxe
10-24-2011, 02:41 AM
i like this one

speciallyblend
10-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Ron Paulin, Ron Paul vs Status Quo /2 way Race in the GOP Primary posted ops pic on my fb page

2ndfor1st
10-25-2011, 01:19 AM
I'm reading a lot of indecisive comments on direction in this thread. Last time I was reading here last week it looked like we were already on track. In my experience, if you don't just simplify and choose a direction you will be doing a lot of conceptual work, especially when you're designing from the direction of several people (AKA the design committee). We need to be promoting now, not designing.

VETSFORPAUL.COM is good to go. The site is fine, the design makes it easy for anyone to create widgets and banners that all remain consistent with the initial design.

I'm going with it. Even if a better site is completed, the owner can redirect the traffic to the dominating site.

Here's my contribution to the campaign (made for Internet/Facebook to be viewed full size, not for professional print):
With Obama
http://ronpaulronpaul.com/img/2012-Q3-graph-2011-vets.jpg

Without Obama
http://ronpaulronpaul.com/img/2012-Q3-graph-2011-vets-reps.jpg

If people want to make their own artwork with their own catch phrases just direct them to VETSFORPAUL.com and they can redirect the traffic to something else if it should prevail.

ATTENTION VETSFORPAUL owner, contact me at revolution [at] RonPaulRonPaul.com if you need any help with the site.