PDA

View Full Version : Iowa poll after Pauls' economic plan & CNN debate

bolidew
10-20-2011, 10:11 AM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/iowa/2012_iowa_republican_caucus

Conducted on October 19 by Rasmussen:

Cain 28% Romney 21% Paul 10%

tribute_13
10-20-2011, 10:19 AM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/iowa/2012_iowa_republican_caucus

Conducted on October 19 by Rasmussen:

Cain 28% Romney 21% Paul 10%

Proof that no one watches the debates. They look to the news the following morning before work for a synopsis. Of which Paul is never mentioned.

Ronulus
10-20-2011, 10:31 AM
I really dont understand how anyone can like cain and his dumb ass proposals. Are these people even listening to him.

10-20-2011, 10:38 AM
I really dont understand how anyone can like cain and his dumb ass proposals. Are these people even listening to him.

No, they see msm and when the pollers call, they say what the idiot box tells them to.

kahless
10-20-2011, 11:04 AM
The media is calling the shots. Just a nobody like me posting here kept saying since the 2008 campaign that if you do not have a national media outlet behind you we maybe doomed to fail again. With all the efforts and fund raising over the years how could people not see this and get investors involved in taking control of or starting a new national media outlet.

Rather than having people down at Wallstreet, they should rather be at the doors of the establishments propaganda machines like AP, Foxnews, MSNBC, CNN and Neocon talk radio stations.

turbobrain9
10-20-2011, 11:35 AM
I agree that we should start protesting at the major news outlets in NY and DC, where these shows are hosted...forget about wall st, occupy MSM.!

robert9712000
10-20-2011, 11:42 AM
itd be awesome if there was a libertarian minded billionaire that was able to start up a TV network able to compete side by side with fox,abc,nbc,cbs

Todd
10-20-2011, 11:46 AM
I agree that we should start protesting at the major news outlets in NY and DC, where these shows are hosted...forget about wall st, occupy MSM.!

post of the day +1

trey4sports
10-20-2011, 11:49 AM
itd be awesome if there was a libertarian minded billionaire that was able to start up a TV network able to compete side by side with fox,abc,nbc,cbs

not going to happen, and definitely not in time for this election. I think the best we can hope for in this sense is the rise of the internet and alternative media

matt0611
10-20-2011, 11:52 AM
not going to happen, and definitely not in time for this election. I think the best we can hope for in this sense is the rise of the internet and alternative media

If not for the internet Paul would be down at 1-2% this time, no doubt.

Its too bad most people don't do their own research and just think what the media tells them to think.

NeoconTea
10-20-2011, 11:52 AM
The best would be Ron Paul - The True Conservative VS. The Liberal Media. We might be able to get talk radio on our side! Somehow tie the Tea Party label into this too and it would be exactly the perfect way to win the GOP nomination.

Travlyr
10-20-2011, 12:08 PM

That's right. Occupy Media

Captain Shays
10-20-2011, 12:09 PM
I keep saying it. We need to go into EVERY Tea Party website and EVERY Christian website and post the videos of Cain's blunders on the Fed, his failure to see the collapse coming and his abortion stance

trey4sports
10-20-2011, 12:09 PM
The best would be Ron Paul - The True Conservative VS. The Liberal Media. We might be able to get talk radio on our side! Somehow tie the Tea Party label into this too and it would be exactly the perfect way to win the GOP nomination.

average joe voter doesn't care that Ron is being blacked out. It's not a winning issue with the general public. Focus on Ron's positions.

SilentBull
10-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Proof that no one watches the debates. They look to the news the following morning before work for a synopsis. Of which Paul is never mentioned.

Yup. Those who rely on the highlights don't even know he was there.

jason43
10-20-2011, 12:19 PM
We need to hope that things get worse in the economy faster. As shitty as that is, it would completely end Obama's chances and make Pauls plan the only one the radio shows could point to that would fix things. He also needs to be on Hannitys show a couple times a week. Pump the economics hard. Thats where the majority of primary voters get their info. Rush, Hannity, and Fox News.

Fr0m_3ur0pe
10-20-2011, 12:20 PM
I keep saying it. We need to go into EVERY Tea Party website and EVERY Christian website and post the videos of Cain's blunders on the Fed, his failure to see the collapse coming and his abortion stance

I'm in. Internet is where we are at the best. Campaing will handle the TV as good as it can, let's do our best in Internet.

In the long run, I think Ron Paul-supporters should put their efforts to rival against mainstream media. From constitutional, limited-goverment(/paleoconservative?) foundations. This is Paul's last election, but most of his supporters are 20-30. This force should be used to continue the fight for Paul's ideas. Some Internet-based magazine maybe(paper later?), radio etc. But, something! Real change in the GOP is just coming.

Steve-in-NY
10-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Just keep talking to everyone you know. I have this feeling like the media wants us to waste time and resources on them. We should be pressing full steam on getting more and more people aware and on board with Ron Paul, even just bringing it up in conversation...

This has been working for me well. Ive gained Paul an additional 10+ people in the last month or so.
Can you imagine if everyone could do even half of that? We'd be polling at 50%!

I agree, the media is a problem but I think that with Pauls economic plan, the debate, Cain failing and Bachmann and Perry continuing to slide we could see a real momentum shift here.

fatjohn
10-20-2011, 01:25 PM

What are you waiting for? Feel free to become a billionaire.

Karsten
10-20-2011, 01:36 PM

Most people don't really delve much into the issues. They just go about their lives and vote based more on who "feels" right than on issues and records.
Now there's nothing wrong with caring little about politics. That's the way it should be, if we had a SMALL GOVERNMENT who left us alone, politics and government wouldn't be much a part of our lives at all. In essence we want to drastically REDUCE the amount that politics plays in our lives!
When people accuse me of being "super political," I say they just don't get it. I want to reduce the effect the politics plays a role in our lives.

sailingaway
10-20-2011, 01:39 PM

I think it is a matter of how they pick 'likely Iowa caucus goers'. If they use people who caucused in 2010 when no liberty candidates were on the ballot in Iowa, it wouldn't hit Ron's core supporters, necessarily. Rasmussen puts their crosstabs and methodology behind a subscriber wall, and I'm not paying to see it.

willwash
10-20-2011, 01:39 PM
We need to hope that things get worse in the economy faster. As shitty as that is, it would completely end Obama's chances...

This is actually why I'd rather see Obama win reelection than one of the other Republican frauds. It sets Rand up nicely for 2016

The Goat
10-20-2011, 01:44 PM
We need to hope that things get worse in the economy faster. As shitty as that is, it would completely end Obama's chances and make Pauls plan the only one the radio shows could point to that would fix things. He also needs to be on Hannitys show a couple times a week. Pump the economics hard. Thats where the majority of primary voters get their info. Rush, Hannity, and Fox News.

I have a feeling that the economy is being propped up until after the republican primary or even general election is over. just has a weird feel to it. business is down, more people losing jobs, right now is just like 2007, wall st. doesn't feel whats going on, but main street does. I'm really worried about whats just around the corner.

akalucas
10-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Let's hope Paul's ad blitz will educate people

10-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Just keep talking to everyone you know. I have this feeling like the media wants us to waste time and resources on them. We should be pressing full steam on getting more and more people aware and on board with Ron Paul, even just bringing it up in conversation...

This has been working for me well. Ive gained Paul an additional 10+ people in the last month or so.
Can you imagine if everyone could do even half of that? We'd be polling at 50%!

I agree, the media is a problem but I think that with Pauls economic plan, the debate, Cain failing and Bachmann and Perry continuing to slide we could see a real momentum shift here.

Believe it or not most of the people I have convinced to support Ron are supporting him because they see him as intelligent and honest. They don't trust the rest of the field. They care about issues a bit, but it's mostly they want somebody honest.

justatrey
10-20-2011, 02:19 PM
I've noticed Rasmussen often seems to have Paul doing much worse than other polls. I have also heard from several others that whoever owns Rasmussen has an agenda and shouldn't be trusted. I stopped paying attention to them a long time ago.