PDA

View Full Version : Cain campaign cash scandal

dolphin
10-20-2011, 09:54 AM
Cain and Romney caught in campaign cash scandal

"Both Cain and Romney have made it a major point of their campaigns that in a time of dire economic conditions in the United States, America needs a businessman to revitalize the country and get it back on its toes. It shouldn’t come as a surprise then that these have funneled money from their campaign into their checkbooks. Maybe these two do know how to make a buck or two?"

So Cain bought his own books and funnelled money into one his companies Romney was a bit more clever and cashed out via his campaign managers business.

Epic lolz and props to RT for being the biggest nesw channel to cover it. Watch you wont hear a word about it on CNN FOX or MSNBC
http://rt.com/usa/news/cain-romney-campaign-scandal-157/

So if Cains campaign wasn't over before the scandal, it's most certainly over now right? Well, not so fast. It seems nothing can stick to this guy... He will come out in the next day or two saying that "it's a lie" and these kind of questions don't "create one job". However, in my opinion, stealing from your own donors isn't a very good way to maintain their support. So it's a waiting game. We need to spread the word of this article in the biggest way.

Lets give it a thread of its own then and get a consensus on it.

anewvoice
10-20-2011, 10:02 AM
bump

S.Shorland
10-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Buying his own books is something I can see Cain doing.Especially seeing the lateness of its release in the race.

steph3n
10-20-2011, 10:10 AM
buying books with campaign money is not scandal, sorry.

10-20-2011, 10:12 AM
nobody will care.

McChronagle
10-20-2011, 10:12 AM
i thought it was him buying books with his money which then turns into campaign money. no?

Diurdi
10-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Nah, he used campaign money to buy his own books. I don't know if that's against the rules, as it's probably part of his campaign to hand out his books.

steph3n
10-20-2011, 10:20 AM
..as it's probably part of his campaign to hand out his books.

correct, book signings were they give out the books. there are legit reasons not to like him, like his plans. not this.

Ronulus
10-20-2011, 10:26 AM
He spent campaign money to buy his own book. Therefore giving that money to one of his personal businesses. His business just got a 100,000$ bump. This will likely in the end, end up with some of that going into his personal account.

asurfaholic
10-20-2011, 10:27 AM
But the books he bought, he bought them basically from himself (or his company), meaning the campaign money went to buy books, turning profit for his personal use (through his company.)

However, I am basing that off of ONE article that I read, and I can't say that I always believe what I read. I would like to see more proof of this before I believe it...

Edit - spelling and got beat ^^

steph3n
10-20-2011, 10:27 AM
He spent campaign money to buy his own book. Therefore giving that money to one of his personal businesses. His business just got a 100,000$ bump. This will likely in the end, end up with some of that going into his personal account.

Traditionally publishers give an advance payment, he was already paid, by the publisher.

JohnGalt23g
10-20-2011, 10:31 AM
Something tells me we really won't need to worry about Herman Cain for too long...

Ronulus
10-20-2011, 10:33 AM
St3phen, the article said that cain owns the publishing company.

steph3n
10-20-2011, 11:09 AM
St3phen, the article said that cain owns the publishing company.

It honestly, DOES NOT matter.

This is so minor making this a 'scandal' is just going to make people say Ron Paul supporters look for anything to make someone bad. It will be a slap back in the face.

smtwngrl
10-20-2011, 11:56 AM
I think the question is, what did he pay to his company for the books he bought? If his campaign bought the books from his company at cost and gave them away to get out his message, then that is insignificant.

On the other hand, if the campaign bought them at full retail price, and then gave them away, that is lining his own pockets.

My guess is that the campaign paid his company full retail price, giving the company a $100,000 bump.

If so, this is something that should come out.