PDA

View Full Version : Blue democrats should be changed to Ron Paul democrats.

klamath
10-20-2011, 08:22 AM
Changes the preception that it is democrats hijacking the republican party to the same thing as "Reagan democrats". Reagan democrats are looked upon very well by the republicans. "Ron Paul democrats" would tap into that coalition building image that made Reagan so popular.

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-20-2011, 08:23 AM
Regarding Party Labels . . .

I see so many people despise Ron Paul supporters, and yet I see so many people despise our current president Barrack H. Obama. I’ll be fair, I’m a real conservative, and Ron Paul is a real conservative as well as a Libertarian. The constant bashing of parties will serve you no benefit in this coming election. We all need to vote with what we know we can trust by evaluating the history of the candidate, the individual policies, and the US Constitution; not the label that has been skewed over the past decades. But first let me state this, to all my friends in all political wings, spectrums, philosophies, or whatever you wish to call political parties anymore. Please understand that one key thing about Conservatism derives from its Latin origin; “To preserve.” In Ron Paul’s approach of preserving the economy, everything else is preserved as a result. Don’t we all want to preserve this land, economy, social safety net, liberties, freedoms, and our future children? Why do we need to change it to this form of government, or that form of government, when the reason this country has gotten to this point is because we’ve tried to change too much to begin with? You may be a follower of Conservatism, Democracy, Liberalism, Republicanism, or anything in between. But does whatever party that fixes the economy truly matter? Why do we care for something so shallow as a label, when all that matters is that the job gets done properly? Do you truly care if it’s a Democrat or a Republican? Ask yourself that, deep down before coming to a conclusion.

So, to end my little philosophical rant, I must admit I’m a passionate Ron Paul supporter, so of course I’m going to speak positive for him. Not because he’s a Conservative Republican, or a Libertarian. But because he thinks for himself as an individual, and he uses critical thinking to help carry out his message. He’s also a philosopher, and this is why he is so wise, because philosophy teaches you how to think critically of the other perspectives. Why do you think he predicted the collapse years ago? He used something called “conceptual analysis” as a means to identify paradoxes and variables, thus allowing him to come to the correct conclusion before it ever happened. He ruled out all of the bad variables and paradoxes, and this is why Austrian Economics heavily supports philosophy. This is also why Ron Paul supports Austrian Economics. So, this is my proposal to Americans everywhere. You don’t have to like him for every view, but you should respect him for what he’s accomplished in his life in a respectful, tiring, consistent, and honest manner. Wouldn’t you rather vote based on that principle? Or would you rather risk dividing our votes to continue more years of what we’ve been experiencing for a long, long, time. When we already know for certain this man has continued to walk down this path, and been oppressed by the very same “leaders” that further strip us of our economy, our sanity, our liberties, and our freedom? Think critically, for the difference between critical thinking and mere disagreement. Is that people who use critical thinking even question their own beliefs.

klamath
10-20-2011, 09:31 AM
Regarding Party Labels . . . Besides the fact that you miss the entire point of the thread, yeaw. Trying to waste time defeating the "my team vs their team" mentality while trying to elect RP to the republican party nomination is counter productive. My team vs their team is way way to ingrained in world coulture. The image that democrats are deliberately playing spoilers is the same image democrats goy when Rush limbaugh tried to encourage republicans to mess with the democratic primary in Texas and it could harm RP electorally. Calling crossover democrats Ron Paul Democrats invokes the "Reagan Democrat" image which is positive. It shows coalition building.

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-20-2011, 09:34 AM
Besides the fact that you miss the entire point of the thread, yeaw. Trying to waste time defeating the "my team vs their team" mentality while trying to elect RP to the republican party nomination is counter productive. My team vs their team is way way to ingrained in world coulture. The image that democrats are deliberately playing spoilers is the same image democrats goy when Rush limbaugh tried to encourage republicans to mess with the democratic primary in Texas and it could harm RP electorally. Calling crossover democrats Ron Paul Democrats invokes the "Reagan Democrat" image which is positive. It shows coalition building.

I feel it's more beneficial to end the war on face value and skewed party labels for long-term reasons.

klamath
10-20-2011, 09:44 AM
I feel it's more beneficial to end the war on face value and skewed party labels for long-term reasons.
Well while you are at it work on the Ford vs Chevy, microsoft vs Apple, Yankees vs the Sox, women vs men etc. etc. etc.

nobody's_hero
10-20-2011, 09:53 AM
I'm confused, how is renaming "Blue Republicans" to "Ron Paul democrats" going to dispel the beliefs that democrats are trying to take over the GOP? If anything, republicans are going to see the word "democrat" and shun it altogether.

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Well while you are at it work on the Ford vs Chevy, microsoft vs Apple, Yankees vs the Sox, women vs men etc. etc. etc.

Trying man, it's difficult to awaken an entire country ill-educated due to things like Mainstream Media, MTV, Jersey Shore, etc.

They only see face value, and it makes me sick.

Ford owns Chevy!

Chevy owns Ford!

Logical Argument: All vehicles have specific issues according to circumstance.

Microsoft beats Apple!

Apple beats Microsoft

Logical Argument: They both have pro's and con's, it's based on preference.

Yankee's

vs.

Sox

Logical Argument: Teams change players consistently, support teams based on effort and performance; not names.

Women

vs.

Men

Logical Argument: Acknowledging aspects or traits of opposite genders is fine, holding it against each other isn't. Your gender does not determine your superiority/inferiority, but your personality does.

fatjohn
10-20-2011, 10:31 AM
Anti war republicans is even better.

RonPaulVolunteer
10-20-2011, 10:44 AM
All Democrats are Blue Democrats silly. The term is Blue REPUBLICANS!

roversaurus
10-20-2011, 11:04 AM
I think Paul Democrats is a decent name. And make SURE that people connect it to Reagan Democrats.
The more I think about it the more awesome it sounds.

Finally, let your liberal friends know - A Republican is going to win in 2012. It's the economy. However unfair that might be. A Republican is going to win...

Then ask them ... Which Republican do they want that to be?

Do you care about the wars? Medical Marijuana? Torture? Civil Rights? They get their way on all those issues if Paul wins the Republican Primary.

Paul will try to close the Department of Education and all Congress has to do is keep funding it. But for the war? The commander and chief tells the troops to come home. He tells the CIA to stop rendition to torturing countries. He tells the department of justice to stop prosecuting and raiding medical marijuana dispensaries. He tells them to stop wiretapping without a court order.

klamath
10-20-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm confused, how is renaming "Blue Republicans" to "Ron Paul democrats" going to dispel the beliefs that democrats are trying to take over the GOP? If anything, republicans are going to see the word "democrat" and shun it altogether.

It is wordplay but it is that instant image people get when they hear a term and whether they close their minds to any farther conversation.
Older GOP voters remember reagan democrats well and in a good light. True story. I had a friend that had a small town grocery store. One week he ran and ad that he had "fryers for sale" and he sold quite a few. The next week he ran an ad that he had "dead chicken for sale" and he didn't sell one. They are exactly the same thing though and you can argue your head off saying people should be smart enough to buy "Dead Chickens" but you are wasting a lot of energy.

The term Reagan Democrat has become part of the lexicon in American political jargon is appropriate because of Reagan continued widespread popularity among a large segment of the electorate. The use of the term could be considered non-partisan in many respects and was frequently cited during certain phases of the 2008 presidential election, such as the Democratic primary in Pennsylvania. Moreover, its definition is fairly well understood by many, and can be easily used in day-to-day conversations or throwaway commentary, as well as academic journals and publications

10-20-2011, 11:06 AM
I like it. Worked for Reagan. Go with it, see if you can get the name to stick.

jmdrake
10-20-2011, 11:08 AM
We can't honestly call them "Ron Paul democrats" until they actual vote for Ron Paul. Right now they are "democrats open to a message of fiscal conservatism combined with a sensible foreign policy". But that's too long so "blue republican" it is. More important is actually getting these folks to register if they need to and vote for Ron when they can. If enough show up the "perception" won't matter.

klamath
10-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Trying man, it's difficult to awaken an entire country ill-educated due to things like Mainstream Media, MTV, Jersey Shore, etc.

They only see face value, and it makes me sick.

Ford owns Chevy!

Chevy owns Ford!

Logical Argument: All vehicles have specific issues according to circumstance.

Microsoft beats Apple!

Apple beats Microsoft

Logical Argument: They both have pro's and con's, it's based on preference.

Yankee's

vs.

Sox

Logical Argument: Teams change players consistently, support teams based on effort and performance; not names.

Women

vs.

Men

Logical Argument: Acknowledging aspects or traits of opposite genders is fine, holding it against each other isn't. Your gender does not determine your superiority/inferiority, but your personality does.
I agree totally but that is a long term project that won't bring about change between now and the iowa caucuses.

nobody's_hero
10-20-2011, 04:53 PM
It is wordplay but it is that instant image people get when they hear a term and whether they close their minds to any farther conversation.
Older GOP voters remember reagan democrats well and in a good light. True story. I had a friend that had a small town grocery store. One week he ran and ad that he had "fryers for sale" and he sold quite a few. The next week he ran an ad that he had "dead chicken for sale" and he didn't sell one. They are exactly the same thing though and you can argue your head off saying people should be smart enough to buy "Dead Chickens" but you are wasting a lot of energy.

Okay. So which is more threatening, "Blue" or "Democrat."? lol. Are you worried about scaring off democrats or scaring off republicans? They're not going to be able to please everyone so I don't see much point in changing it.

In other words, who are you trying to appeal to most? I hate to say it but most drones in the GOP do NOT view Ron Paul as being anything like Ronald Reagan (so it doesn't matter if you call them "RonaldPaulReagan democrats", the GOP old guard is not going to see the connection). Besides, we all know that if Ronald Reagan ran today, he couldn't win the GOP nomination anyway, despite the fact that he's supposedly revered in the GOP.

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Honestly. Ron Paul has political philosophies which he leans heavily in. But what he represents is far bigger than any political party. That's a stronger message to push than Party-Labels.

nobody's_hero
10-20-2011, 05:09 PM
Honestly. Ron Paul has political philosophies which he leans heavily in. But what he represents is far bigger than any political party. That's a stronger message to push than Party-Labels.

Certainly agree with that.

klamath
10-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Okay. So which is more threatening, "Blue" or "Democrat."? lol. Are you worried about scaring off democrats or scaring off republicans? They're not going to be able to please everyone so I don't see much point in changing it. Scaring republicans with a proceived intent of the democratic crossovers. Are they doing it because the agree with RP or are they doing it because they think RP would be the easyest to defeat in the fall. Calling them Ron Paul democrats shows that they believe in RP. No you will not be able to please everyone but it is a campaign to ask people to vote for RP and the best foot you can put forward the better it is.
Do you remember the talk of the Reagan democrats in the 80's?

klamath
10-20-2011, 05:13 PM
Then why isn't he running as an independent? Why is he running in the Republican party where the members freely chose their affiliation?

nobody's_hero
10-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Scaring republicans with a proceived intent of the democratic crossovers. Are they doing it because the agree with RP or are they doing it because they think RP would be the easyest to defeat in the fall. Calling them Ron Paul democrats shows that they believe in RP.

Okay. NOW I see what your point was. And yes, I can understand why you suggest renaming it, and I agree.