PDA

View Full Version : Man living as an ‘adult baby’ is cleared of Social Security fraud

gls
10-20-2011, 07:44 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/oct/18/man-living-as-an-adult-baby-is-cleared-of-social-s/?page=1

http://i51.tinypic.com/2yx3lma.jpg

The California man who lives part of his life as an “adult baby” and collects Social Security disability payments says the federal agency has cleared him of wrongdoing and will continue sending checks.

Stanley Thornton Jr. now wants an apology from Sen. Tom Coburn, the Oklahoma Republican who called for the benefit review because the investigation disrupted the final months of life for his roommate Sandra Dias, who playacted as his mother, spoon-feeding him and helping him into his baby clothes until her death in July.

“We recently reviewed the evidence in your Social Security disability claim and find that your disability is continuing,” the agency said in an August letter that Mr. Thornton posted on the website he maintains to document his adult baby lifestyle.

Mr. Thornton first gained prominence after he appeared on a reality television show and later after Mr. Coburn asked for the Social Security Administration to investigate him. The lawmaker questioned why he was receiving taxpayer-funded Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments, commonly called disability checks, given the woodworking skills he demonstrated in May on the National Geographic channel television show “Taboo.”

Dias died July 7, and Mr. Thornton moved out of the apartment they shared. He told The Washington Times they had made payments based on their combined disability checks, which came to about $860 a month for each of them, and he could no longer afford the home on his own.

“My best friend Sandra had to spend the last 3 months of her life being accused of something she didn’t do. Having her family and 3 kids seeing her accused on the nightly news of something she didn’t do,” he wrote in an extensive post explaining the situation on the website he runs at www.BedWettingABDL.com for others who play-act as babies, wear diapers or wet their beds.

John Hart, a spokesman for Mr. Coburn, said Tuesday that the senator, who is also a medical doctor, is still puzzled by how “a grown man who is able to design and build adult-sized baby furniture is eligible for disability benefits.”

“Yet, the problem is not with Mr. Thornton, per se, but with the politicians and bureaucrats who have coddled him,” Mr. Hart said. “Disability fraud effectively steals from those who are truly disabled, while weakening the economy for everyone.”

When historians go to research America's downfall they should probably start here...

Sematary
10-20-2011, 07:52 AM
No shit, huh?

brushfire
10-20-2011, 08:05 AM
Gagagoogoo...

Bachmann will take him under her wing... During the next debate we can hear about how she now has "25 mouths to feed".

Elwar
10-20-2011, 08:05 AM
My best friend Sandra had to spend the last 3 months of her life being accused of something she didn’t do.

what a cry baby

Sematary
10-20-2011, 08:11 AM
How about we arrest this asshat AND the bureaucrat that approved to let him keep getting tax payer money? Why is there no accountability any more?

eduardo89
10-20-2011, 08:18 AM
When The Times first contacted Mr. Thornton about the investigation, he acknowledged thoughts of suicide, saying he had “no problem killing myself” if his benefits were taken away.

“Take away the last thing keeping me here, and see what happens. Next time you see me on the news, it will be me in a body bag,” he said.

So basically he's saying "Taxpayer: I don't want to work and if you cut off my welfare I'll kill myself"

He said his mother first applied for benefits for him when he was 16.

Kylie
10-20-2011, 09:26 AM
You're fucking kidding me, right?

RonPaulwillWin
10-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Bachmann will take him under her wing... During the next debate we can hear about how she now has "25 mouths to feed".[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebBIF-CSpE8[QUOTE=brushfire;3672419]Gagagoogoo...

angelatc
10-20-2011, 02:49 PM
My best friend Sandra had to spend the last 3 months of her life being accused of something she didn’t do. Having her family and 3 kids seeing her accused on the nightly news of something she didn’t do,” he wrote in an extensive post explaining the situation on the website he runs at www.BedWettingABDL.com (http://www.bedwettingabdl.com/) for others who play-act as babies, wear diapers or wet their beds.

I'm thinking that her family was probably not as embarrassed over the SS fraud allegation as the other thing that got her on the nightly news.

CasualApathy
10-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Haha, I know a dude who lives like this!

pcosmar
10-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Haha, I know a dude who lives like this!

:confused:

Ain't a "dude".

;)

CasualApathy
10-20-2011, 03:17 PM
:confused:

Ain't a "dude".

;)

I don't know him very well, but he frequents the same club that I go to (not a club for adult babies, but fetish people in general) Seems like a nice enough guy. I think he is actually the one who takes care of the finances.

Anti Federalist
10-20-2011, 03:39 PM
...ah...meh....what the...

I got nuthin'...

CasualApathy
10-20-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm not sure I understood the article correctly, but is he getting the welfare because of his lifestyle? Or is he getting it for some other reason? It's pretty insane if you can just put on a diaper and claim to be unfit for work...

heavenlyboy34
10-20-2011, 03:55 PM
I read it twice and I still can't figure out what his "disability" is. Is it some psychological disorder?

CasualApathy
10-20-2011, 04:03 PM
I read it twice and I still can't figure out what his "disability" is. Is it some psychological disorder?

I dunno if it's considered mental illness in the US? I know that it was in Denmark until like the mid 80's, and it only got changed like last year in Sweden. (meaning people who have fetishes, like BDSM, crossdressing, adult baby and all that stuff)

Alex540
10-20-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm confused. Is he mentally challenged or something? Or is he just choosing to be a baby?

CasualApathy
10-20-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm confused. Is he mentally challenged or something? Or is he just choosing to be a baby?

I don't know about this guy, but I wouldn't necessarily think so... The dude I know seems like an educated guy, some people just have pretty unexplainable fetishes. Like I said, I am one of them - and I certainly hope you don't find me to be mentally handicapped or insane :P I'm just not "normal" when it comes to sexual preferences and lifestyle :P

I'm fully capable of maintaining a normal life, though.

dannno
10-20-2011, 04:33 PM
I don't know him very well, but he frequents the same club that I go to (not a club for adult babies, but fetish people in general) Seems like a nice enough guy. I think he is actually the one who takes care of the finances.

According to the last article on this guy, his lifestyle has nothing to do with a sex fetish.

And..........yaa hmm u into bondage or something :D

CasualApathy
10-20-2011, 04:43 PM
According to the last article on this guy, his lifestyle has nothing to do with a sex fetish.

And..........yaa hmm u into bondage or something :D

Yeah, you're right - The adult baby thing seems to be pretty asexual from what I know.

Haha, well yeah... If you really want to know, I get sexually excited when being abused and humiliated by women. It's been like this for as long as I've had sexual thoughts, and it's pretty much the only thing that works for me. Luckily there are also lots women who really get off on being in charge... I'm sure it seems bizarre to an outsider, but there is actually a lot of intimacy and trust going on too that you don't necessarily see from the outside. It means a lot to me to be able to share that with another person, and I get an amazing peace of mind for days after...

Yeah yeah, I'm a freak I know, but a happy one :)

EDIT: I apologize if I'm offending anyone by being open about this... I sense the TMI warning going off :P

pcosmar
10-20-2011, 04:53 PM
EDIT: I apologize if I'm offending anyone by being open about this... I sense the TMI warning going off :P

Peoples choices do not "bother"me until I am forced to pay for it, or it negatively affects me.

To each their own.

Subsidizing someones fetish though,,, that is just wrong.

dannno
10-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Yeah, you're right - The adult baby thing seems to be pretty asexual from what I know.

Haha, well yeah... If you really want to know, I get sexually excited when being abused and humiliated by women. It's been like this for as long as I've had sexual thoughts, and it's pretty much the only thing that works for me. Luckily there are also lots women who really get off on being in charge... I'm sure it seems bizarre to an outsider, but there is actually a lot of intimacy and trust going on too that you don't necessarily see from the outside. It means a lot to me to be able to share that with another person, and I get an amazing peace of mind for days after...

Yeah yeah, I'm a freak I know, but a happy one :)

That's all pretty normal compared to living your life as a baby, imo

CasualApathy
10-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Peoples choices do not "bother"me until I am forced to pay for it, or it negatively affects me.

To each their own.

Totally agreed :)

CasualApathy
10-20-2011, 04:58 PM
That's all pretty normal compared to living your life as a baby, imo

Yeah - I guess. There are a lot of fetishes I don't get AT ALL. I've noticed that Germans for instance seem to have a love for dressing up in rain-clothes and rolling around in mud :D

Kodaddy
10-20-2011, 05:18 PM
More powder to him, but not on my dime...can't he get a job at the carnival or something?

bkreigh
10-20-2011, 05:52 PM
This guy's balls have clearly not dropped yet so maybe he is still a baby.

QueenB4Liberty
10-20-2011, 06:04 PM
wow. I feel sorry for anyone who thinks he has a disability.

dannno
10-20-2011, 06:29 PM
More powder to him, but not on my dime...can't he get a job at the carnival or something?

http://jamiedubs.com/fuckflickr/data/i%20see%20what%20you%20did%20there/web/see-owl2.jpg

Anti Federalist
10-20-2011, 06:34 PM

Hahahahahahahha.

Anti Federalist
10-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Random Owl Lulz

http://www.dula.tv/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/when-owls-get-high.jpg

eduardo89
10-20-2011, 06:41 PM
I sense the TMI warning going off :P

TMI doesnt exist in dannno's world

Kylie
10-20-2011, 06:58 PM

To each their own.

Word.

I want to know the reasoning for his being declared "disabled". If it's just his liking to dress like a baby, or if he really is screwy in the head.

kpitcher
10-20-2011, 11:44 PM
Alright, I braced myself and visit the website listed in the first posting. Big link to the news story and here is what he says

Before I get into everything, I wanted to address two things. The first is that I am not getting disability because I am a Adult Baby. No one can get on disability because they are a Adult Baby. I am on disability for legit, tested and well documented illnesses. Some of my legit, tested for and well documented illnesses is PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), depression, bipolar 2, spinal injury, heart problems, self injury just to name a few.

So I guess he's just outright crazy.

I have seen disabled people who should by all means get Soc Sec as they've paid into the system and have legit problems. I have also seen far too many fakes. One local guy on disability shovels snow off his driveway, the sidewalk to his house, and paths around his yard for his little dog to use. Now personally, I had back surgery from a broken disc and there is no way I'd even attempt that much snow removal by hand like this supposed 'disabled person' does. But that's a whole other issue

oyarde
10-21-2011, 01:19 PM
I will be thinking of him when I open my check stub in a week and look at witholdings .