PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul -- The Trillion Dollar Man

Madly_Sane
10-20-2011, 05:20 AM
I didn't believe it when I saw this:

http://news.yahoo.com/ron-paul-trillion-dollar-man-232900554.html

I have followed politics for a long time, and there is never a shortage of politicians promising the world and not delivering. After my recent review of Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=11eon61i3/EXP=1320319108/**http%3A//www.999taxplan.org/) I detailed why this plan is "all sizzle and no steak" and how an additional 9 percent federal sales tax would give the weak consumer driven economy an immediate heart attack. I believe we already collect enough in taxes, seemingly more than enough, and our problem is almost entirely based around our federal government's spending habits.
Voters should take 10 minutes to read The Plan to Restore America (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=12rseu59u/EXP=1320319108/**http%3A//www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/ron-paul-plan-to-restore-america/) proposed by presidential candidate Ron Paul. Many of Paul's closest supporters might not think it goes far enough, while others who don't mind a ballooning national debt might think it cuts too much and that is why this is the best plan for restoring America.

It's well balanced. It cuts most federal spending back to the levels of 2006 (I'm sure we can all remember life way back in '06) and it saves tax dollars by ending the wars and stops providing any foreign aid. However, Social Security gets increased funding each subsequent year in the Paul presidency as does Medicare, military retirement funding and veterans' benefits.
More importantly this plan is necessary. Without real major changes in defining what the role of our federal government ought to be, we will not be able to achieve prosperity in America again. Even Rush Limbaugh agreed in saying (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=133tghdc6/EXP=1320319108/**http%3A//www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2011/10/17/ron_paul_has_a_good_idea_no_really), "Genuine, big spending cuts are the only thing that is going to bring us back into some semblance of ideas. Now, these aren't (just) Ron Paul's ideas. They are ours."
This Trillion Dollar Plan is not a guess, nor a long-term projection. It doesn't make a weak yet hopeful promise to see results 10 years down the road, it delivers immediately by making the cuts in one budget year and would provide a surplus budget before the end of his first term in office.

wgadget
10-20-2011, 06:52 AM
Tweeted and Facebooked. Thanks for the post!

Lothario
10-20-2011, 07:48 AM
The way to really break through the media blackout is to prove there is a market for Ron Paul news, and swarm every article with hits and views.

Sematary
10-20-2011, 07:50 AM
The way to really break through the media blackout is to prove there is a market for Ron Paul news, and swarm every article with hits and views.

They know there is a market but the corporations are afraid of him and the corporations own the MSM

TexAg09
10-20-2011, 08:18 AM
When I go to an article, I can't help but read the comments to see what people think. It befuddles me why some people think the way they do. "Ron Paul is unelectable!", "Ron Paul isn't going to win the nomination!", "The man doesn't know economics!!".

For crying out loud, people hate Mitt but say they'll vote for him just to beat Obama! That's the worst logic ever! I feel like my brain is on fire since I can't understand why people think the way they do.

On a lighter note, I really liked the article. Very fair.

seraphson
10-20-2011, 10:08 AM
When I go to an article, I can't help but read the comments to see what people think. It befuddles me why some people think the way they do. "Ron Paul is unelectable!", "Ron Paul isn't going to win the nomination!", "The man doesn't know economics!!".

For crying out loud, people hate Mitt but say they'll vote for him just to beat Obama! That's the worst logic ever! I feel like my brain is on fire since I can't understand why people think the way they do.

On a lighter note, I really liked the article. Very fair.

How else do you think we could have achieved our current economic and cultural status? We have a bunch of dumb people ruling a lot of dumber people. Now, I'm certain "they" aren't all stupid in an IQ level but rather too lazy to educate themselves or just plain don't care. IMHO all the other candidates are going to do nothing more than providing "more of the same".

RonPaul101.com
10-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the bump and kind words. I wrote that article and donated the Yahoo News payment to Dr Paul today. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?324433-Yahoo-Bumped-Down-My-Ron-Paul-Article)

Madly_Sane
10-26-2011, 06:52 PM
bump

Supposedly it was bumped down to a contributor of Yahoo, but I am able to click on the link and it show up on news.yahoo.com
Some people said that the page wasn't available anymore and then it was fixed, so to clarify: IT'S UP!

sailingaway
10-26-2011, 06:55 PM
It's a great article. I tweeted it when I first saw it

For whatever my opinion is worth:

I think the best protection we can give Ron is to get this and his plan out as widely as possible so it is clear to all where all elements come from before people start stealing it.

Just my 2 cents. And I'm glad the campaign did that 30 second commercial, even brief as it is.

SharedSacrifice
10-26-2011, 09:15 PM
ENTITLEMENTS:

Honors our promise to our seniors and veterans, while allowing young workers to opt out. Block grants Medicaid and other welfare programs to allow States the flexibility and ingenuity they need to solve their own unique problems without harming those currently relying on the programs.

#1) I'm 48, can't opt out, never felt that a senior had been promised anything (at 18 we saw the scam for what it was/shook our head at those who were perpetuating it) and frankly only feel a 'promisary' debt to veterans and LEOs when entitlements are defined above so narrowly (the former a bit more, simply because unions have forced such a preventable disaster on the latter).

Secondly, please don't think for a second that the state of Michigan can 'handle' Medicaid or welfare money coming back to them at the present time. We already owe Uncle Sam over $4 billion just for our unemployment habit alone (please don't get me started elsewhere)...so let's just call any money supposedly owed back to us in the immediate future a simple 'downpayment' until we can start building again on the farm land that our cities are presently being converted to.

gls
10-27-2011, 05:58 PM
ENTITLEMENTS:

Honors our promise to our seniors and veterans, while allowing young workers to opt out. Block grants Medicaid and other welfare programs to allow States the flexibility and ingenuity they need to solve their own unique problems without harming those currently relying on the programs.

#1) I'm 48, can't opt out, never felt that a senior had been promised anything (at 18 we saw the scam for what it was/shook our head at those who were perpetuating it) and frankly only feel a 'promisary' debt to veterans and LEOs when entitlements are defined above so narrowly (the former a bit more, simply because unions have forced such a preventable disaster on the latter).

Secondly, please don't think for a second that the state of Michigan can 'handle' Medicaid or welfare money coming back to them at the present time. We already owe Uncle Sam over $4 billion just for our unemployment habit alone (please don't get me started elsewhere)...so let's just call any money supposedly owed back to us in the immediate future a simple 'downpayment' until we can start building again on the farm land that our cities are presently being converted to.

Ron Paul would never endorse cutting seniors off. He prefers to retain at least the outside possibility of winning the nomination.

RonPaul101.com
11-02-2011, 09:42 AM
All in all this article got a ton of reads.

eduardo89
11-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Tweeted and Facebooked. Thanks for the post!

Ditto