PDA

View Full Version : VOTE FOR THE NEXT MONEYBOMB DATE: 5th of November OR 11/11/11?

10-20-2011, 03:20 AM
The next moneybomb is set for 11/11/11. That's a really cool date and the theme of bringing our troops home couldn't be more important. But it has been suggested in another thread that a more effective date, in addition to or instead of the 11th, would be the 5th.

Remember, remember, the 5th of November.

For those of us who were involved in the 2007 campaign, and for the entire liberty movement, November 5th has a special place in our hearts. It was truly the day that got the Ron Paul Revolution off the ground in a big way. It was an old British historical day, but we made it our day.

Now the poll is:

Do you want to move the moneybomb to November 5th?
Do you want to keep it at 11/11/11?
Or should we hold both?
Or another date entirely?
Or the week from the 5th THRU the 11th?

I am not involved in the moneybomb planning. I am only posting this so that we can get an idea of what our vast grassroots forum membership thinks.

For liberty!

overcastpatriot
10-20-2011, 03:24 AM
Focus on the 11th, this gives everyone an extra week to promote it and works well with the themes of Paul being a veteran, supported by veterans, and having an anti-interventionist platform. Remember November rhymes but that's about it.

10-20-2011, 03:25 AM
Focus on the 11th, this gives everyone an extra week to promote it and works well with the themes of Paul being a veteran, supported by veterans, and having an anti-interventionist platform. Remember November rhymes but that's about it.

Well, November 5th is a day that a lot of people associate with Ron Paul, and certainly his supporters. I would suggest that it is also not the worst thing to be getting that money to the campaign a week earlier. ESPECIALLY if New Hampshire moves their primary to December.

orenbus
10-20-2011, 03:26 AM
If we do 11/5 we lose. Get it through your heads people.

I like the idea of doing instead of a one day money bomb doing a week long money bomb starting November 4th and ending November 11th that way not only is everyone happy and it's not tied to one specific 24 hour period. Doing it that way would raise more money (since there would be universal support and marketing for this) and stay neutral because the fund raising is over the course of a week and can't be tied to one specific date. We could even call it "Patriots Week" or "A Week of Remembrance" something that also celebrates our right to elections (Election Day November 8th) and a number of other Patriotic dates in our history:

# November 04, 1845 The first nationally observed uniform election day in US
# November 04, 1924 Nellie Tayloe Ross of Wyoming is elected as the first female governor in the United States.
# November 04, 1980 Ronald Reagan (R) beats President Jimmy Carter (R) by a landslide
# November 04, 1980 Ronald Wilson Reagan is elected as the 40th President of the United States of America.

# November 05, 1781 John Hanson elected first "President of the US in Congress assembled"
(The Articles of Confederation called for Congress to meet "on the first Monday in November, in every year....") On November 5, 1781, John Hanson of Maryland became the first President of Congress to be elected to an annual term as specified under the Articles of Confederation

# November 06, 1860 Abraham Lincoln (R-Ill-Rep) elected 16th President

# November 07, 1805 Lewis and Clark sight the Pacific Ocean
# November 07, 1874 The first cartoon depicting elephant as Republican Party symbol, by T Nast
# November 07, 1893 Women in the U.S. state of Colorado are granted the right to vote.
# November 07, 1916 Jeannette Rankin is the first women elected to the United States Congress.
# November 07, 1932 Buck Rogers in the 25th Century airs on radio for the first time. :)
# November 07, 1973 NJ becomes first state to allow girls into the little league

# November 08, 1864 Abraham Lincoln elected to his 2nd term as President
# November 08, 1889 Montana becomes the 41st state of the Union.
# November 08, 1942 WWII Operation Torch begins as U.S. and British forces land in French North Africa.
# November 08, 1966 Edward W Brooke (Rep-R-MA) becomes first black elected to Senate
# November 08, 1966 Movie actor Ronald Reagan elected governor of California
# November 09, 1989 Cold War: Fall of the Berlin Wall. Communist-controlled East Germany opens checkpoints in the Berlin Wall allowing its citizens to freely travel to West Germany. People start demolishing the Berlin Wall.

# November 10, 1928 Playing against Army at Yankee Stadium, Notre Dame football coach Knute Rockne gives what is considered the greatest locker room speeches of all time by saying "Win one for the Gipper." The Fighting Irish would win the game 12-6.
# November 10, 1775 Birth of the United States Marine Corps! OORAH! - USA
November 10, 1938 Kate Smith, on her weekly radio show, sings Irving Berlin's God Bless America for the first time.
# November 10, 1951 Direct long-distance dialing between the east and west coasts of the U.S. begins today with a call between the mayors of Englewood, NJ and Alameda, CA.

# November 11, 1839 The Virginia Military Institute is founded in Lexington, Virginia.
# November 11, 1865 Mary Edward Walker, the first female Army surgeon, awarded Medal of Honor
# November 11, 1918 World War I ends: Germany signs an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside of Compigne in France. The war officially stops at 11:00 (The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month).
# November 11, 1921 The Tomb of the Unknowns is dedicated by US President Warren G. Harding at Arlington National Cemetery.
# November 11, 1922 Largest US flag displayed (150' X 90') expanded in 1939 (270' X 90')
# November 11, 1983 President Reagan became first US President to address Japan's legislature

http://www.datesinhistory.com/nov04.php
http://www.datesinhistory.com/nov11.php

I agree pinning us down to Veterans day is going to end up costing the campaign probably millions of dollars, but then again I also understand the other side of the argument we don't want to be tied to November 5th as tightly for reasons of potentially harming the campaign through misinterpretation of the even through public relations, because of other groups possibly doing other things that day such as Anonymous, etc.

Also lately it seems our money bombs at the request of the campaign has spilled over at minimum a few hours to a entire weekend to reach a specific goal whether it's going past $1 million, etc. So doing a week long fund raising event isn't really that foreign or strange and remember we are the dreamers of dreams. Who ever said a money bomb needed to be just a 24 hour period?

Because every sub group in the grassroots would be able to enjoy this week of fund raising it gives them the flexibility to independently decide to promote it and have fun while doing it which means more visibility and promotion which in return brings in millions of more dollars to the campaign.

jasonxe
10-20-2011, 03:28 AM
we need a poll to see when majority of Paulites get there paychecks :-D. 5th of Nov maybe.... im leaning towards that but I got no money so my opinion doesn't matter. (look at my sig)

10-20-2011, 03:31 AM
Does anyone remember the big push towards the end of Q4 2007? What was it, 12 million to win or something like that?

What if we tried to raise a big amount, say $10 million dollars from the 5th through the 11th, starting with November 5th and all that fireworks and then ending with a poignant tribute on veterans' day?

lucent
10-20-2011, 03:35 AM
Honestly, I remember a similar conversation in 2007. Then Lyman made a November 5th website and it took off because that is what people wanted.

In any case, "Veteran's Day" theme is not going to be popular. The date itself is unimportant as much as what the message is behind it.

10-20-2011, 03:38 AM
Yes, I fear that nobody cares about Veteran's Day, sadly.

That's why the November 5th suggestion's a good one. But I also like the idea of doing an entire week money bomb, or 6 days, starting then and running through Veteran's Day.

lucent
10-20-2011, 03:38 AM
Does anyone remember the big push towards the end of Q4 2007? What was it, 12 million to win or something like that?

What if we tried to raise a big amount, say $10 million dollars from the 5th through the 11th, starting with November 5th and all that fireworks and then ending with a poignant tribute on veterans' day?

A week long drive could certainly be good. You need a marketing gimmick to promote. Having a week long drive and then advertising the 5th of November could work.

One of the key differences between Tea Party/11-5 and our money bombs is the $100 pledge on the websites. Set a high pledge to guide how much we need.

10-20-2011, 03:39 AM
A week long drive could certainly be good. You need a marketing gimmick to promote.

One of the key differences between Tea Party/11-5 and our money bombs is the $100 pledge on the websites. Set a high pledge to guide how much we need.

Very sharp lucent. Very sharp. Set a high pledge amount. You're spot on. +rep!

lucent
10-20-2011, 03:40 AM
A week long money drive has a major advantage that it allows people to spend the whole week pushing something that is in progress.

eleganz
10-20-2011, 03:42 AM
If theres anything that we learned from BTO its that PREPARATION AND PROPER MOTIVATION IS KEY!

I think if we could think of a clever date for December and start promoting it now, we can get a big push, I think 11/5 maybe too soon but it is true many many people are familiar with it, I just dont know if people are ready to donate again in such a short period between that and BTO.

We definitely need a HUGE PUSH before the primaries start to get more attention.

lucent
10-20-2011, 03:44 AM
If theres anything that we learned from BTO its that PREPARATION AND PROPER MOTIVATION IS KEY!

I think if we could think of a clever date for December and start promoting it now, we can get a big push, I think 11/5 maybe too soon but it is true many many people are familiar with it, I just dont know if people are ready to donate again in such a short period between that and BTO.

We definitely need a HUGE PUSH before the primaries start to get more attention.

The campaign needs money now. The quicker the better.

McDermit
10-20-2011, 03:46 AM
Don't put an arbitrary dollar amount on it. (Ie:raising $10mil.) As shown today, that doesn't work. Everyone now knows there is another moneybomb right around the corner, so we won't hit the crazy totals of 07. I was at a meetup recently where the leaderr announced BTO, but prefaced it by saying there would be another one, and one after that... kind of took the sails out of it before he even got into the details.

The RonPaulSignBomb people are already organizing their sign bombs for Nov 5th. We be remiss not to capitlize on that. We were missing the offline element for BTO. Start pushing now for rallies, sign bombs, sign waves, etc on the 5th. If you want it to run through th 11th, cool... but make the 5th the big splash.

A $100 pledge is a great idea. Use that again. We had TONS of people going $5, $10, $20.01 today. If we had asked up front for $100, maybe they would have saved up or sold stuff to get it?

We got a bunch of first time donors today, so we'll have an even larger pool of donors next time

lucent
10-20-2011, 03:46 AM
We could utilize November 5th in a different way. Remember Remember the Fifth of November can be direct toward remembering the 2007 November.

lucent
10-20-2011, 03:48 AM
Don't put an arbitrary dollar amount on it. As shown today, that doesn't work. Everyone now knows there is another moneybomb right around the corner, so we won't hit the crazy totals of 07. I was at a meetup recently where the leaderr announced BTO, but prefaced it by saying there would be another one, and one after that... kind of took the sails out of it before he even got into the details.

I disagree. A high number is a goal to reach. Without a goal, people's motivation is dampened.

Kludge
10-20-2011, 03:49 AM
Honestly, I remember a similar conversation in 2007. Then Lyman made a November 5th website and it took off because that is what people wanted.

In any case, "Veteran's Day" theme is not going to be popular. The date itself is unimportant as much as what the message is behind it.
Right. We all argued whether or not Guy Fawkes was a terrorist, essentially. In the end, the day's which theme has the most inspiration of passion won. Unfortunately, that was not Veterans' Day, and so the media made a few quips about the Paul Campaign (and its supporters) endorsing a terrorist, which is fine by me. I doubt anyone's mind changed from Glenn Beck calling us terrorists who are able to raise >$4m in a day.

Allegedly, "Anonymous" is planning on taking down Facebook on Nov. 5th. As far as I can tell, the group's useful people appear to have left the scene, working on other, more narrow projects. I think we can pretty safely assume that'll be a non-event, and nobody will associate Ron Paul with the people who cause pings to Facebook to take a couple ms longer.... unless we spam too much. Hm...

I'm totally up for Nov. 5th. Not a fan of Guy Fawkes, but the RP Nov. 5th moneybomb is a historic and proven date.

eleganz
10-20-2011, 03:53 AM
Remember the 5th of Nov. is great, maybe we can use this to get a piece of that OCCUPY media time too..

I'm not sure but I think I will max out during the next moneybomb..

10-20-2011, 03:53 AM
Right. We all argued whether or not Guy Fawkes was a terrorist, essentially. In the end, the day's which theme has the most inspiration of passion won. Unfortunately, that was not Veterans' Day, and so the media made a few quips about the Paul Campaign (and its supporters) endorsing a terrorist, which is fine by me. I doubt anyone's mind changed from Glenn Beck calling us terrorists who are able to raise >$4m in a day.

Allegedly, "Anonymous" is planning on taking down Facebook on Nov. 5th. As far as I can tell, the group's useful people appear to have left the scene, working on other, more narrow projects. I think we can pretty safely assume that'll be a non-event, and nobody will associate Ron Paul with the people who cause pings to Facebook to take a couple ms longer.... unless we spam too much. Hm...

I'm totally up for Nov. 5th. Not a fan of Guy Fawkes, but the RP Nov. 5th moneybomb is a historic and proven date.

It's hard to beat that nostalgic feeling isn't it? I remember watching the ticker that evening of Nov. 5th and thinking that the campaign would never be the same.

lucent
10-20-2011, 03:54 AM

People don't seem to realize that Nov. 5th is a holiday celebrating the foiling of Guy Fawkes. It was the movie V for Vendetta that twisted it.

orenbus
10-20-2011, 03:56 AM
A week long drive could certainly be good. You need a marketing gimmick to promote. Having a week long drive and then advertising the 5th of November could work.

I agree with this we need videos promoting the idea that everyone should donate $100. Like this one;

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3199712293147853545

lucent
10-20-2011, 03:56 AM
I am worried about November 5th exactly because Occupy movement seems to want to use it. The bank withdrawal day is that day as well.

10-20-2011, 03:58 AM
I am worried about November 5th exactly because Occupy movement seems to want to use it. The bank withdrawal day is that day as well.

The hell with them. It's our day, and whether or not there is a moneybomb then, the most significant event to happen in recent years on November 5th was when Ron Paul rocked the establishment on November 5th, 2007.

If nothing else, we can still be proud of that as one of the seminal points in our liberty movement.

lucent
10-20-2011, 03:58 AM
I agree with this we need videos promoting the idea that everyone should donate $100. Like this one;

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3199712293147853545

Whatever we chose, we need a website.

Does Lyman still own thisnovember5th.com? Would he be willing to turn it over?

Kludge
10-20-2011, 04:01 AM
That sounds good! Why withdraw when you can transfer to RP2012? Who're our sign-men on the ground? Change your signs!

McDermit
10-20-2011, 04:04 AM
I disagree. A high number is a goal to reach. Without a goal, people's motivation is dampened.Yeah, how'd that work out?

Motivation is dampened when a huge goal is set and then we miss it by $4 million. We're better off promoting it without a set $ goal. The number is arbitrary, and when the goal isn't met, it's disappointing and could lead to people questioning RP's ability to continue raising funds at the level needed to compete. When you fall short after promoting a goal publicly, it doesn't look good.

Look at it as the media or anyone watching from the sidelines will see it. If we do $100 pledges, and raise $3mil with no set goal, the money bomb is a success. If we request $10mil and raise $3mil, it's a flop.

lucent
10-20-2011, 04:05 AM
Yeah, how'd that work out?

Motivation is dampened when a huge goal is set and then we miss it by $4 million. We're better off promoting it without a set $ goal. The number is arbitrary, and when the goal isn't met, it's disappointing and could lead to people questioning RP's ability to continue raising funds at the level needed to compete. When you fall short after promoting a goal publicly, it doesn't look good.

Look at it as the media or anyone watching from the sidelines will see it. If we do $100 pledges, and raise $3mil with no set goal, the money bomb is a success. If we request $10mil and raise $3mil, it's a flop.

The goal of November 5th was $10 million. We missed it by $6 million. Was that a failure?

McDermit
10-20-2011, 04:08 AM
Keep in mind that some supporters will donate on the 5th for nostalgic/sentimental reasons whether there is a concerted moneybomb effort or not. I've seen people on here say months ago that they would donate on the 5th, and we still have people showing up to rallies in the V masks. It's part of our history.

lucent
10-20-2011, 04:11 AM
Which is why I recommend that if we use November 5th, use nostalgia to drive it. Reference 2007 more than V for Vendetta. People who want to make V for Vendetta themes can, but the website itself shouldn't.

Spanish for Ron
10-20-2011, 04:11 AM
Hi from Spain!

- Choose 5th of November if you really want 6+ millions raised and gain huge momentum among young people, and if you think Ron Paul's problem with having difficulties with neocons has very little to do with what day grassroots have their moneybomb, and much more to do with Ron's responses to questions on foreign policy (which I don't complain about, but he obviously doesn't care much about selling the message in an easy way for neocons).

- Choose veteran's day if you want the average moneybomb, get less momentum and expectations among the grassroots, no tv news (so neocons will not know anyway about the veteran's stuff), and you don't mind that Ron Paul is still not acceptable among neocons because of his own responses.

To me it's very clear: 5th of November and Tea Party. And have Ron Paul make some kind of event/speech at Veterans day in their support with a fraction of the money raised :)

lucent
10-20-2011, 04:16 AM
If we do November 5th, we need thisnovember5th.com which Lyman owns.

McDermit
10-20-2011, 04:20 AM
Trevor can't/won't work with us on this.

OnNovember5th.com is available...

lucent
10-20-2011, 04:24 AM
Trevor can't/won't work with us on this.

OnNovember5th.com is available...

He can sell us a domain.

There's a better domain IMO available than that, but I don't want to post it on the forum in case a troll registers it.

McDermit
10-20-2011, 04:27 AM
He could also have sold us his email list.

lucent
10-20-2011, 04:29 AM
He could also have sold us his email list.

Yep. He could have. We can't rely on him.

lucent
10-20-2011, 04:37 AM
My prediction as of now is that November 5th and 11th will both be failures. The people passionate about one or the other fight amongst themselves instead of taking the lead for those like myself who are unsure. All the time they spend fighting is all the time that people aren't promoting.

The person behind BTO has been absent from the conversation, he originally wanted to use vetsforpaul.com owned by Gusman(?) who doesn't seem motivated to let dusman to use his money bomb architecture he has built up. The whole thing is a clusterf***. Considering how few days are left for both dates, it is going to hurt it.

FreedomProsperityPeace
10-20-2011, 04:39 AM
I think the 5th and 11th are too soon to go back to the well. There's another CNN debate on the 15th that would be a good day. That's still a little soon, but Thanksgiving limits our options. Also, that sets up nicely for Dec. 16th a month later, which seems like an essential date for the next MB.

lucent
10-20-2011, 04:46 AM
November 15th 1777 - Articles of Confederation adopted by Continental Congress

McDermit
10-20-2011, 04:48 AM
A push from the 5th through 11th would eliminate infighting.

And with 5th-11th, we could all try to get into local veteran's day parades (many are held on the 6th or 7th) and promote it at veteran events. Locally, we are already doing a "sign wave on wheels" float for the largest parades in the area... It'd be easy to incorporate moneybomb signage.

lucent
10-20-2011, 04:49 AM
A push from the 5th through 11th would eliminate infighting.

And with 5th-11th, we could all try to get into local veteran's day parades (many are held on the 6th or 7th) and promote it at veteran events. Locally, we are already doing a "sign wave on wheels" float for the largest parades in the area... It'd be easy to incorporate moneybomb signage.

I agree, it would. You would need to advertise the beginning of the event which is November 5th.

kojirodensetsu
10-20-2011, 04:54 AM
I vote for veteran's day because Ron Paul is a veteran and it could be our thanks to him. Also having a big fundraiser on a military-related day could help his image with the conservative base. Even though November 5th is a big deal for Ron Paul supporters I don't think the conservative base we need to win over really cares about it. Especially considering they could try to lump the whole Guy Fawkes thing with Occupy Wall Street.

Pros Nov 5th: Potentially more money raised from more enthusiasm
Cons: The event itself could hurt Ron's image

Pros Nov 11th: Event could potentially help Ron's image
Cons: Might make less money

It's a toss up. But I'd rather not give the media more ammunition.

lucent
10-20-2011, 04:58 AM
We could promote a donation drive week with Remember the 5th of November and V is for Victory or V-Week (Victory Week).

Kludge
10-20-2011, 05:01 AM
We've taken the extraordinary, moving and inspiring moneybombs for an inspirational fellow introducing extraordinary ideas to the public and turned them into a arbitrary monthly date people are encouraged to donate. It's getting too late to correct this. Romney will win if we don't do something huge, and very soon. Our fundraising efforts are way behind our '07 efforts, and our poll numbers are looking less promising every day as we actually seem to be losing support, which is truly unprecedented. In '08, we took 10% in the Iowa primary. It was a disappointment. The latest credible Iowa poll puts Paul in the single digits.

In '07 and '08, I think the vast majority of us who came over had only just heard of Ron Paul, and were amazed to hear his message getting out to people like us. Now, Paul has mostly the same supporters hearing the same things, and watching the same things being done, again. There isn't that fresh, energizing feeling so much this time around. How can we bring that back?

lucent
10-20-2011, 05:08 AM
We've taken the extraordinary, moving and inspiring moneybombs for an inspirational fellow introducing extraordinary ideas to the public and turned them into a arbitrary monthly date people are encouraged to donate. It's getting too late to correct this. Romney will win if we don't do something huge, and very soon. Our fundraising efforts are way behind our '07 efforts, and our poll numbers are looking less promising every day as we actually seem to be losing support, which is truly unprecedented. In '08, we took 10% in the Iowa primary. It was a disappointment. The latest credible Iowa poll puts Paul in the single digits.

The fundraising for Ron Paul is a lot further head this year than it was in 2007.

The latest Iowa poll has us at 10%.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/ia/iowa_republican_presidential_primary-1588.html

We took 10% in the caucus with 5% in the polls.

In '07 and '08, I think the vast majority of us who came over had only just heard of Ron Paul, and were amazed to hear his message getting out to people like us. Now, Paul has mostly the same supporters hearing the same things, and watching the same things being done, again. There isn't that fresh, energizing feeling so much this time around. How can we bring that back?

Impossible. Only the new people to the movement are going to feel that way.

Kludge
10-20-2011, 06:07 AM
The fundraising for Ron Paul is a lot further head this year than it was in 2007.

The latest Iowa poll has us at 10%.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/ia/iowa_republican_presidential_primary-1588.html

We took 10% in the caucus with 5% in the polls.
You're definitely right about fundraising. In '07 Q3, Paul raised just over $5m. We raised ~$8m this year's Q3. But, there was also the $4.2m boost he gets in a couple weeks, and another $1m was going toward the blimp around this time. We might be able to get $3m total by two days out, and that's essentially taking the place of our first blockbuster Nov. 5th bomb since we had a loooooong time to promote it last time around. We're still a bit ahead, but I'm not seeing the momentum we had last time around, and on Dec. 16th, about 9 weeks out, we raised over $6m.

The poll I was referring to with Paul in single digits was the one making the rounds in the news today by the AP's polling organization -- http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/story/2011-10-19/Poll-GOP-Obama-Romney-Cain/50831014/1. Granted, there's a 6% MoE, but that'd probably put us around 10-11% in a realistic favorable situation. In the end of '07, Paul was just starting to break double digits. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/ia/iowa_republican_caucus-207.html -- really, he was right around where the polls pegged him (granted, his numbers were much worse this time in '07 polls, but we've tapped into a lot of the sympathetic people already, so I don't think it's reasonable to expect the same rate of support increase, even though we have more supporters already).

10-20-2011, 06:32 AM
I hear a lot about Dec 16. That's all well and good but if Iowa is the 3rd of January, we should work to get the money to the campaign sooner that that shouldn't we?

That big late push right before the caucus is extremely expensive and needs more than two weeks to plan. Plus, if we do well in Iowa or win outright, fundraising will increase exponentially with no need for a moneybomb.

I would trade 5 million on Dec 1 for 6 million on Dec 16; the two extra weeks would be tremendous. My point is that we need to get the campaign money much earlier than the 16th of December.

lucent
10-20-2011, 06:36 AM
You're definitely right about fundraising. In '07 Q3, Paul raised just over $5m. We raised ~$8m this year's Q3. But, there was also the $4.2m boost he gets in a couple weeks, and another $1m was going toward the blimp around this time. We might be able to get $3m total by two days out, and that's essentially taking the place of our first blockbuster Nov. 5th bomb since we had a loooooong time to promote it last time around. We're still a bit ahead, but I'm not seeing the momentum we had last time around, and on Dec. 16th, about 9 weeks out, we raised over $6m.

You can't just take 2007's Q4 donations and put it on Q3 donations to compare it to this years Q3 donations.

The poll I was referring to with Paul in single digits was the one making the rounds in the news today by the AP's polling organization -- http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/story/2011-10-19/Poll-GOP-Obama-Romney-Cain/50831014/1. Granted, there's a 6% MoE, but that'd probably put us around 10-11% in a realistic favorable situation. In the end of '07, Paul was just starting to break double digits. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/ia/iowa_republican_caucus-207.html -- really, he was right around where the polls pegged him (granted, his numbers were much worse this time in '07 polls, but we've tapped into a lot of the sympathetic people already, so I don't think it's reasonable to expect the same rate of support increase, even though we have more supporters already).

In Iowa we had 1 to 4 percent in October. We got a bump because that is the time when most people start paying attention to politics.

Anyway, this conversation is derailing the thread. Best to take it to another thread if you want to discuss it.

lucent
10-20-2011, 06:38 AM
I hear a lot about Dec 16. That's all well and good but if Iowa is the 3rd of January, we should work to get the money to the campaign sooner that that shouldn't we?

That big late push right before the caucus is extremely expensive and needs more than two weeks to plan. Plus, if we do well in Iowa or win outright, fundraising will increase exponentially with no need for a moneybomb.

I would trade 5 million on Dec 1 for 6 million on Dec 16; the two extra weeks would be tremendous. My point is that we need to get the campaign money much earlier than the 16th of December.

Well, then better take the reigns and start the money bomb then. No one else is.

Elwar
10-20-2011, 06:42 AM
The month leading up to the Heritage Foundation debate needs to cast Ron Paul as pro-soldier.

The debate is November 15.

Once Ron Paul is solidified as a supporter of national defense, all else will fall into place with the Republicans.

Have it on November 11.

anewvoice
10-20-2011, 06:42 AM
I'd say December 16th, give the grassroots some time to recharge. Undoubtedly the campaign will do something as well, but my concern is with the campaign spending so aggressively (WOOO!) they may need more money and soon. We're driving this train, tey buy 1 millionl, we raise 2 million, they spend 2 more million!

Honestly, I love Veterans Day due to the positive connotation, but positive does not motivate the grassroots. Attacking "the man" does more so than anything else. BTO was lower dollars than I expected but the # of donors was spot on, I saw 22k+ on a thread. TeaParty is that again.

lucent
10-20-2011, 06:45 AM
The month leading up to the Heritage Foundation debate needs to cast Ron Paul as pro-soldier.

The debate is November 15.

Once Ron Paul is solidified as a supporter of national defense, all else will fall into place with the Republicans.

Have it on November 11.

If you haven't noticed, no one is reporting on BTO. Sorry, the theme, unless it is controversial is not going to get headlines. The theme is used as a marketing tool to motivate people to spread the word and donate. "Veteran's Day" is not good marketing. The goal is to raise money for Ron Paul so his campaign has money to run a campaign. Anything else besides that is secondary.

centure7
10-20-2011, 06:49 AM
I most certainly won't be supporting a November 5th date money bomb regardless of how well supported it gets. Last time around we didn't realize the date was based on a nutty idea about Guy Fawkes until after we started promoting it! By then it was basically too late to change our mind. December 16th should be the next big one. November 11th should be a 1M target money bomb and I would support that.

anewvoice
10-20-2011, 06:52 AM
I most certainly won't be supporting a November 5th date money bomb regardless of how well supported it gets. Last time around we didn't realize the date was based on a nutty idea about Guy Fawkes until after we started promoting it! By then it was basically too late to change our mind. December 16th should be the next big one. November 11th should be a 1M target money bomb and I would support that.

I knew about Falkes, and the movie V (one of my faves), but the news turned it on Ron Paul which folks weren't predicting (stupid misinterpretation of course).

I love this idea of a Veterans Day 1 million boost to hold us over until December 16th, keeps the wheels greased.

lucent
10-20-2011, 06:56 AM
Right now the problem is the people who started BTO are currently MIA. I had contacted dusman a couple of times urging him to have the next moneybomb website prepared for when BTO was over. I also gave a number of marketing suggestion. We are limited on time, even if we chose 11-11-11. I was basically ignored.

Elwar
10-20-2011, 06:59 AM
Right now the problem is the people who started BTO are currently MIA. I had contacted dusman a couple of times urging him to have the next moneybomb website prepared for when BTO was over. I also gave a number of marketing suggestion. We are limited on time, even if we chose 11-11-11. I was basically ignored.

I believe that Dusman is in New York right now...

TexMac
10-20-2011, 07:00 AM
I like the idea of doing instead of a one day money bomb doing a week long money bomb starting November 4th and ending November 11th that way not only is everyone happy and it's not tied to one specific 24 hour period. Doing it that way would raise more money (since there would be universal support and marketing for this) and stay neutral because the fund raising is over the course of a week and can't be tied to one specific date. We could even call it "Patriots Week" or "A Week of Remembrance" something that also celebrates our right to elections (Election Day November 8th) and a number of other Patriotic dates in our history:

I agree pinning us down to Veterans day is going to end up costing the campaign probably millions of dollars, but then again I also understand the other side of the argument we don't want to be tied to November 5th as tightly for reasons of potentially harming the campaign through misinterpretation of the even through public relations, because of other groups possibly doing other things that day such as Anonymous, etc.

Also lately it seems our money bombs at the request of the campaign has spilled over at minimum a few hours to a entire weekend to reach a specific goal whether it's going past $1 million, etc. So doing a week long fund raising event isn't really that foreign or strange and remember we are the dreamers of dreams. Who ever said a money bomb needed to be just a 24 hour period?

Because every sub group in the grassroots would be able to enjoy this week of fund raising it gives them the flexibility to independently decide to promote it and have fun while doing it which means more visibility and promotion which in return brings in millions of more dollars to the campaign.

Agree with this and think of all the sub-bombs people could have! There could be contests, different groups could take over certain days and try to make their day bigger than other groups days!

lucent
10-20-2011, 07:01 AM
I believe that Dusman is in New York right now...

He's still around on the forum. He's posted and made threads.

Agree with this and think of all the sub-bombs people could have! There could be contests, different groups could take over certain days and try to make their day bigger than other groups days!

There were lots of money bombs in 2007 and only a tiny few caught on. People only accept what they like or what their "leader" urges them to do.

mport1
10-20-2011, 07:29 AM
The 5th. I don't want to celebrate anything related to the military.

chris41336
10-20-2011, 07:40 AM
I don't think weeklong moneybombs work as well. The whole idea of a one-day money bomb is really what has set this campaign apart and really helps to motivate the donations. Look at BTO, we got most of our donations yesterday and I doubt that we will see any substantial increase after early this morning.

We need to pick a day, and we need to stick with it.

The 5th of November has the Nostalgia, but keep in mind we don't want to just preach to the choir (aka the people who feel nostalgic for the 5th of Nov.), we want new donors and to win he GOP Primary, right? GOP primary voters love Veterans, they love the military, and we all know the military loves us.

I saw we do the 11th. Call it the "Bring 'Em Home" Moneybomb, and have the quote underneath the ticker say "Our Troops Support Ron Paul. We owe it to them to do the same."

JoshLowry
10-20-2011, 07:50 AM
I already posted on this. Do not promote November 5th here. Go to a different website to pimp it. This is fairly simple.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?324488-Good-or-Bad-I-think-it-s-high-time-we-Remember-the-5th-of-November!&p=3671505&viewfull=1#post3671505