PDA

View Full Version : Couple of things (BTO and voting in general)

Spanky
10-19-2011, 11:55 PM
Obviously money is going to be a big deal. But I think our next "bomb" should be some sort of a voting bomb. Not just in the early states (although they are more important now)

But all states.

And a month in advance, rallies set up. I know I could get one set up in Indianapolis for sure.

This will find new voters, get people interested, commenting online, calling into shows giving the media crap for ignoring him. We want a revolution, although the money is REALLY important, we need to get people signed up to vote and get information out about him EVERYWHERE.

But also, does anyone have an updated black and white BTO flier discussing it for 3 days now? All I have is the one day BTO fliers and the college "doesn't want to support any candidate" so I'm risking a lot doing this, but my freedom is worth more than the establishment. If I can get an updated flier, I will be posting it all around school tomorrow. Thank you!

thehighwaymanq
10-19-2011, 11:57 PM
We need a Phone-From-Home bomb! That is HUGE

Spanky
10-19-2011, 11:59 PM
Phone from home bomb and rallies in MAJOR cities....I literally will take a week off of school and stay up 72 hours straight TWICE (72 hours, a day to sleep, then 72 more hours) and rally voters, supporters, and everything.

But I wanna hear other interest

thehighwaymanq
10-20-2011, 12:07 AM
Phone from home bomb and rallies in MAJOR cities....I literally will take a week off of school and stay up 72 hours straight TWICE (72 hours, a day to sleep, then 72 more hours) and rally voters, supporters, and everything.

But I wanna hear other interest

I would be down to participate in a major rally in NYC! Rallies + Phone Bombs + Veterens Day MB would make such a difference!

ninepointfive
10-20-2011, 12:12 AM
I agree with all of the above. Basically, we can do a phone from home. Depending on a primary state. A primary state with unbound delegates. And especially a Delegates bomb in the Caucus States.

A computer system would help organize what needs to be said. What needs to be done. And where it happens. :cool:

Spanky
10-20-2011, 12:16 AM
Exactly ^^^

But then get it in all major cities. Not just sign bombs, but I'm talking fliers. Make it a week long (obviously people will have work too), but show that we are serious. Get people signed up to vote, everything we can in EVERY state

thehighwaymanq
10-20-2011, 12:21 AM
10,000 people in NYC.

10,000 people in Boston.

10,000 people in DC

10,000 people in LA

A National Day of Liberty Protests!

Spanky
10-20-2011, 12:27 AM
At least 5,000 in Indy too. Hit big spots (I'm from Indiana but I don't know the important places in Indy) I think Dusman is from there? Either way, if we can set this up and maybe even get the official campaign going. I'll get started.

thehighwaymanq
10-20-2011, 12:34 AM
At least 5,000 in Indy too. Hit big spots (I'm from Indiana but I don't know the important places in Indy) I think Dusman is from there? Either way, if we can set this up and maybe even get the official campaign going. I'll get started.

Definitely big events in NH, SC, Nevada, and Iowa as well.

It would take some serious folks from all over the country to get this going but it can be done. Potentially for Dec. 16?

Spanky
10-20-2011, 12:37 AM
Ah it's definitely going to suck in Indiana in December. But for freedom, a little frost bite is probably worth it ;)

eleganz
10-20-2011, 12:41 AM
This is what I've been trying to do in the California section, I didn't get one person to attend from RPF because NOBODY visits the local forums, all everybody wants to do is flood grassroots central and talk about some (in my opinion) pointless subjects that doesn't have any thing to do with winning this election.

We need to be more organized and to keep our eyes on the prize.

But I can tell you voter registration bombs are great, we have to be doing this nationwide every single weekend until our primaries are up. My first event, I filled a page of voting pledges, handed out a handful of registration forms and got tons of passerby's that they were going to vote RP no matter what.

WE HAVE TO DO THIS, THIS IS THE NEXT STEP! realistically, this should've started way earlier in the early states but its never too late for the later states, especially huge states like CA and TX and the rest.

Obviously money is going to be a big deal. But I think our next "bomb" should be some sort of a voting bomb. Not just in the early states (although they are more important now)

But all states.

And a month in advance, rallies set up. I know I could get one set up in Indianapolis for sure.

This will find new voters, get people interested, commenting online, calling into shows giving the media crap for ignoring him. We want a revolution, although the money is REALLY important, we need to get people signed up to vote and get information out about him EVERYWHERE.

But also, does anyone have an updated black and white BTO flier discussing it for 3 days now? All I have is the one day BTO fliers and the college "doesn't want to support any candidate" so I'm risking a lot doing this, but my freedom is worth more than the establishment. If I can get an updated flier, I will be posting it all around school tomorrow. Thank you!

Spanky
10-20-2011, 12:46 AM
I agree, but if we make ONE day voter registration bomb
get plenty of people, or even do a week long, the first day would be the most then the rest of the week could be the more people that have free time

Big cities, packed areas, maybe by news stations.

Spanky
10-20-2011, 08:09 AM
any other thoughts?

Kodaddy
10-20-2011, 08:22 AM
I'd like to see huge rallies for veterans day...an anti-war 'bring our troops home' sign waving extravaganza!

roversaurus
10-20-2011, 08:46 AM
I'm in Carmel, just north of Indy. It is frustrating being in a state with such a late primary.

Steve-in-NY
10-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Voter registration is closed here in NY now, and in NH as well.
To raise some spirits, I did get 5 or 6 (sorry, I forget) people to register republican here in NY myself. (former independent or democrats)
I also spammed the living hell out of NY groups and such urging them to do the same. I cant be certain if they did or not.

Any other states that still have open registration, yes, registration bombs are a great idea.
Heres how I did it, and its pretty simple:

I printed out the registration form (3 pages, but one was a list of return addresses depending on voters district and another was an optional organ donor sheet) and bought a roll of (100) stamps, a box of (500) envelopes and a box of (12) pens. Total price, $75.
Now I admit, I had high hopes - honestly I probably could have spent like $15, but I erred on the side of awesome. (and I have envelopes, stamps and pens still, which worked out for my sons birthday thank yous lol)

Anyway, I just popped them into my backpack and literally carried them with me everywhere. After targeting some people I knew werent registered Republican that supported Ron Paul, any time it came up and I had interest, I sold them on registering like this:

"Why not register Republican and vote Paul in the primaries - obviously you can vote for whoever you want in the general but this gives you the chance to help Ron Paul get the Republican nomination, otherwise - its [insert individuals most hated republican candidate based on previous discussion here]... It takes a minutes, just name, address and driver ID, or keep your wallet and pop just the last 4 of your social - you can keep the pen and I'll pay for the stamp. Just switch back later, and I'll pay for the stamp for that too, heck I'll even give you another pen. Seriously. Here, give me your email addy so I can send you the stuff to switch back."

They filled out the page, I didnt look, I just asked which address they would be sending to - and while they filled the form I filled the envelope. They put the form in the envelope, I sealed it and dropped it in the mail. Done.

Worked like a charm, and I got the emails to send reminders with too. ... and yes I will send the forms and a stamped envelope later if they want.

If I had the time to table and do this, lets say at a college or something - I think it could have been a breeze to get 10-20 people a day.

Now then, onto the other major part. Call from home.
This is a big deal.

Do you think we could convince 500 ppl to dial 100 #s?
Thats 50,000 dials.

Its all I could think of were all those comments I was seeing on BTO FB event - "Sick @ home watching ticker" "Dont have anything to donate" "wish I could help" and all I kept thinking was... CALL! You have all day! I could make like 200 calls a day if I had all day to myself!

As it is, I only make about 5 to 10 calls a day after work before I go home to the wife and kids... and honestly I cant do it each day. Im not consistant. Im trying to remedy that. Really I am.

After seeing what the grassroots is capable of time and time again its so inspiring, and I think if we really take the inititive and dive into this program we could blow through the lists in no time, phone canvas, identify supporters and create one hell of a master list so that we can seriously get out the vote come primary time.

Think about it.

Its that kind of organization that allows us to win straw polls pretty much at will. If we apply that organization to the primaries, we could all but assure the nomination.
I would love nothing more than to see us hit those phone so hard that in a week the campaign says... "um, literally we're out of numbers for the early states... so, uh. wow." and then we can focus on the next thing.

So lets do it, shall we?
Its our time people!

thehighwaymanq
10-20-2011, 09:39 AM
I'd like to see huge rallies for veterans day...an anti-war 'bring our troops home' sign waving extravaganza!

THIS IS A GOOD ONE!

BUMP