PDA

View Full Version : Political Signs

FreeMind&Market
10-19-2011, 07:12 PM
I was looking through the zoning ordnance for my locality to see what the regulations on political signs are. The ordinance stated that pol. signs do not require permits but can only be posted a certain number of days before the election. Well, I decided to call the zoning department to find-out if I can get a permit to post a sign earlier. They told me that due to a recent court decision that the the limitation was no longer valid!

As I understand it, zoning regs on exempt signs (no permit needed) must be consistent. So, for example, if your locality allows real estate signs to be posted without a permit, political signs may also be posted so long as they meet the same regs as real estate signs. As a general rule, I'd guess that your signs may not be posted in the VDOT right-away (VDOT will take them) and there will be some square footage limit. Check your local zoning ordnance for specifics.

When the media black you out, name recognition is important. I'm getting quotes for signs now!

sspicer
10-21-2011, 09:44 PM
I was thinking about signs also, but I am in an HOA. Can do signs along the main road though. I am looking for affordable signs, but haven't got any yet. Thanks for info.