PDA

View Full Version : Egyptian Christians demonstrate in LA

BlackTerrel
10-19-2011, 07:00 PM
2,000 turnout as big as some of the OWS. No media there however...

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/religion/christianity/egyptian-christians-la-demonstrate-against-religious-persecution

More than 2,000 Egyptian Christians (Coptic) gathered Oct. 16 in front of the Federal Building on Wilshire Blvd. in Los Angeles to demand equality for Christians in Egypt and an end to the Egyptian military government’s persecution, including the injuring and killing of Christians and burning of churches.

Los Angeles was just one of the cities which joined with worldwide demonstrations in October to alert the public of the intolerable treatment of Christians....

...Eskander asked that Americans of all religions contact their representatives in Congress and also President Obama and tell them that the U.S. government needs to stop providing $1.3 billion per year for Egypt’s military government to buy weapons which they use to harm Christians.

Those in other countries are asked to please contact their legislature or other elected officials to ask them to demand an end to the military violence against Christians and the violation of religious freedom in Egypt.

pcosmar
10-19-2011, 07:11 PM
Shouldn't they be at the Egyptian Embassy?

The US no longer has a puppet government there,, or do they?

Seraphim
10-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Their purpose is to convinve the US Govt to end foreign aid to Egypt.

Shouldn't they be at the Egyptian Embassy?

The US no longer has a puppet government there,, or do they?

BlackTerrel
10-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Their purpose is to convinve the US Govt to end foreign aid to Egypt.

I don't even think most Americans realize how much aid we give Egypt. They don't know about these protests either since the MSM is focusing on OWS. I only know of it through Coptic friends on Facebook.

Created4
10-19-2011, 07:36 PM
This needs a stronger headline to get people to read. Something like: Egyptian Christians being Massacred by Muslims with US-bought Weapons

Dr. Paul touched upon this briefly last night during the debate.

BlackTerrel
10-19-2011, 07:41 PM
This needs a stronger headline to get people to read. Something like: Egyptian Christians being Massacred by Muslims with US-bought Weapons

Dr. Paul touched upon this briefly last night during the debate.

I posted on all the Facebook posts by my Coptic friends that Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who wants to end US aid to Egypt that is being used to purchase military equipment. Others should do the same.

Almost all these guys are liberals who usually support Obama. Hopefully I will turn a couple around.

pcosmar
10-19-2011, 07:44 PM
I posted on all the Facebook posts by my Coptic friends that Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who wants to end US aid to Egypt that is being used to purchase military equipment. Others should do the same.

Almost all these guys are liberals who usually support Obama. Hopefully I will turn a couple around.

I would have thought the aid stopped when Mubarak was ousted.
if others are still getting it it would explain much.

Corrupt money corrupts governments.

Seraphim
10-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Yep - hopefully the issue of foreign aid continues to push forward.

I don't even think most Americans realize how much aid we give Egypt. They don't know about these protests either since the MSM is focusing on OWS. I only know of it through Coptic friends on Facebook.

BlackTerrel
10-19-2011, 08:32 PM
I would have thought the aid stopped when Mubarak was ousted.
if others are still getting it it would explain much.

Nope. Still flowing.

BlackTerrel
10-21-2011, 07:27 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/coptic-christians-protest-outside-white-house-against-abuses-in-egypt/2011/10/19/gIQAxRvByL_story.html

Hoisting homemade wooden crosses and photographs of bodies they said were crushed by tanks, hundreds of Coptic Christians rallied Wednesday in front of the White House to protest rising violence against minority Christians in Egypt and to demand that the Obama administration pressure Cairo to protect their rights.

The demonstrators, mostly Egyptian immigrants who traveled in buses from as far as New York and Chicago, included black-robed Coptic orthodox priests and families who had lost relatives in recent violence in Egypt, including the New Year’s Eve bombing of a church and a bloody clash Oct. 9 between protesters and army forces in Cairo that left 27 people dead.

“It is like a horrible nightmare. We watch on TV and see our people being run over by tanks,” said Mary Wassef, 66, who took a bus with friends from her church in northern New Jersey. “This is my church and my homeland. But now they want to force all Christians to convert or leave. If you hang a cross in your car, they pull you out and smash you to pieces.”

Ron Paul is the only one who wants to cut the funding.

SpicyTurkey
10-21-2011, 07:40 PM
The Egyptian government is behind the massacre of Christians in Egypt. They are trying to make it a Muslim vs. Christians to avoid the spotlights that has been directed its way in the past months. I hope that ploy fails.

GeorgiaAvenger
10-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Ron Paul needs to voice his support for them during the foreign policy debate. Or whenever the next debate is.

moderate libertarian
10-21-2011, 11:57 PM
Vast majority of US public cares about Egyptian Arab Christians exactly as much as it cares about Palestinian Christians or Iraqi Christians who are living in horrible distress.

So don't expect any ground breaking change in US policy on Egypt as a result of these protests.

The Egyptian government is behind the massacre of Christians in Egypt. They are trying to make it a Muslim vs. Christians to avoid the spotlights that has been directed its way in the past months. I hope that ploy fails.

Won't be surprised at all, very astute point. Deceptive things like false flag Egyptian Lavon Affair have happened in the past even though actors were different.

BlackTerrel
10-22-2011, 02:22 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5j38Ylgqgax30przg8om0BumlSHng?docId=CNG.07655 4f0f841174041014cbd3464a9be.831

CAIRO — An Egyptian court sentenced a man to three years in jail with hard labour on Saturday for insulting Islam in postings on Facebook, the official MENA news agency reported.

The Cairo court found that Ayman Yusef Mansur "intentionally insulted the dignity of the Islamic religion and attacked it with insults and ridicule on Facebook," the agency reported.

The court said his insults were "aimed at the Noble Koran, the true Islamic religion, the Prophet of Islam and his family and Muslims, in a scurrilous manner," the agency reported.

It did not provide details on what he had written that was deemed to be offensive.