PDA

View Full Version : Cain is finished, Perry is done, Paul is rising

Danjlion7
10-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Msnbc has been doing hit pieces on Herman Cain all day, exposing how his 999 plan raises taxes on most middle and lower income class people. Cain is gone. Finished. There is no way he will get a republican nomination. No way. Perry, despite the idiotic media praising him on his debate performance, is finished. He was a bumbling idiot last night and anyone with a brain could see that. He also collected the most boos of anyone.

Meanwhile, the press continues with hannity endorsing Paul's plan. If Paul takes this momentum and takes hannity up on his offer to appear on his show as often as he wants, Paul will rise in the polls.

Newt may get a bump in the polls.

For Paul supporters, there is a lot to be happy about. Fox news seems to be much more positive toward Paul lately as well.

Arklatex
10-19-2011, 06:42 PM
I think the final 3 are Paul Romney Gingrich

Edit: A lot of the Huckabee supporters, and I know quite a few living down here where he was born and went to school, will not vote for Romney

10-19-2011, 06:42 PM
I think Cain is going to flip flop on his own plan, drop the sales tax and switch to 9% payroll tax. If he does MSM will run with it like he's the next coming. But even that won't save him, he's done.

It will be Romney and Paul in the end.

braggbear
10-19-2011, 06:43 PM
How about Romney, though? He has been performing well in the debates and may get all the votes that were going to Cain and Perry.

Danjlion7

I agree.

Philosophy_of_Politics
People are opening their eyes to how insightful Ron Paul actually is. They're starting to realize that we aren't as small as they thought.

Danjlion7
10-19-2011, 06:44 PM
How about Romney, though? He has been performing well in the debates and may get all the votes that were going to Cain and Perry.

Yes, but Romney has been getting lots if negative press on the news today. I thought he did well last night, but the media doesn't seem to agree.

Sola_Fide
Yeah but nobody watches msnbc.

Philosophy_of_Politics

Romney is the one to beat in this Nomination. Most people are starting to realize that he sounds very un-presidential, and some are starting to research the "rumors" about him being a corporate sellout.

eduardo89
gingrich is the wildcard threat i think

freejack
10-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Cain's got a pretty strong cult of personality going. I wouldn't dismiss him so quickly. The masses will cling onto him until he disgusts them to a level that becomes unbearable.

phill4paul
10-19-2011, 06:46 PM
He needs to go on Hannity and spend the whole segment explaining his foreign policy. Have an actual conversation and take his time w/ it.

10-19-2011, 06:47 PM

I don't know about well. I though he was going to have a fist fight with Perry last night. That wasn't exactly presidential.

freejack
10-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Hannity won't be changing his stance on foreign policy until public opinion turns to Ron's favor. These guys make a living off pandering to the status quo crowd.

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Cain's got a pretty strong cult of personality going. I wouldn't dismiss him so quickly. The masses will cling onto him until he disgusts them to a level that becomes unbearable.

He does indeed. Most people can't see passed the advertisement gimmick.

Deborah K
10-19-2011, 06:51 PM

gingrich has way too much baggage

Danjlion7
10-19-2011, 06:51 PM

Maybe, but once it is obvious that his plan raises taxes, the lower taxes party won't give him the nom ation.

IterTemporis
10-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Maybe, but once it is obvious that his plan raises taxes, the lower taxes party won't give him the nom ation.

What if he changes the third 9 however? Well.. it would still be an additional tax, wouldn't it..?

LibertasPraesidium
Ron Paul could only go on Hannity and talk about his Fiscal Conservatism. Otherwise it would be hard to have a decent show with hannity.

John F Kennedy III
I hope Cain drops fast. This field needs to thin out.

Danjlion7
He needs to go on Hannity and spend the whole segment explaining his foreign policy. Have an actual conversation and take his time w/ it.

Exactly. If Pauls campaign does not take advantage of Hannity's offer to go on his show as often as he wants, they are missing a huge opportunity to reach the GOP base.

speciallyblend
10-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Ron should say yes to hannity interviews but show up with a cooler with dry ice loaded with snowballs;) just in case;)

RonRules
10-19-2011, 06:54 PM
I'll miss the song "Imagine there's no Pizza!"

RonPaul101.com
10-19-2011, 06:54 PM

I saw stick with what works best, stick with the economic plan.

Danjlion7
10-19-2011, 06:56 PM

Yeah, I agree. Stick with what hannity praises him for. Get Paul lots of positive coverage. Win the nomination. Then quietly, on day 1 of his presidency, bring all the troops home. Let hannity whine then.

justatrey
10-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Hey didn't Romney refer to Paul as "this one over here" last night? I think it was something like, "I may not be a doctor, like this one over here".

That really pissed me off. You should never refer to someone as "this one over here". What he doesn't know Ron's name?

eduardo89
10-19-2011, 06:58 PM
Exactly. If Pauls campaign does not take advantage of Hannity's offer to go on his show as often as he wants, they are missing a huge opportunity to reach the GOP base.

Ron should take up EVERY offer to be on ANY show. The more exposure he gets the better. And the "gotcha" questions are all pretty much the same, he needs Doug Wead to write him an amazing 1-2 sentence soundbyte for all those questions which he needs to practice and use every time!

The more he repeats his message, the more people will believe it.

Danjlion7
10-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Ron should take up EVERY offer to be on ANY show. The more exposure he gets the better. And the "gotcha" questions are all pretty much the same, he needs Doug Wead to write him an amazing 1-2 sentence soundbyte for all those questions which he needs to practice and use every time!

Good idea.

Liberty74
10-19-2011, 07:01 PM
I have been working on a few coworkers about RP but it's been a little tough. They all say the same hoax line, "He can't win." However, one guy I really don't talk to about politics walks up to a little group I was in and said, "Did anyone watch the debate last night? I liked that old guy says about foreign aid (stealing from the poor and giving to the rich in another country), Paul." I went into overdrive...

One voter at a time!

Cain's 9-9-9 plan is starting to feel the resistance. I personally don't mind a 9-9 corporate-income or a corporate-sales. But not a 9-9-9. People don't want to add ANOTHER stream that will go up as all taxes and fees do.

The ultimate goal is to abolish the IRS. Income stealing is inhumane, immoral and an act of violence.

Danjlion7
10-19-2011, 07:04 PM
I had my tv on here and Rachel Maddow just praised Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!

francisco
10-19-2011, 07:05 PM
Luntz pumping Newt right now. (Sorry for any unseemly images requiring mindbleach).

Cap
10-19-2011, 07:06 PM
This campaign is a microcosm of what is happening with the economy perpetrated by the Fed. Each of these establishment candidates represent an inflated bubble ready to burst, with the media desperately trying to keep them inflated. The same modus operandi that the Fed has used with say the housing bubble, the oil bubble...etc. Dr. Paul is pure gold. There is no bubble with the good doctor. His stock just continues to rise as more and more people are made aware of his message. Yeah Dr. paul is pure gold.

TwoJ
Just a sidenote, most Hermain Cain supporters I talk to like Ron Paul as a second choice.

freejack

Say what?!?!

francisco
10-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Luntz dissing Perry now. And so it begins.

Danjlion7
10-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Yeh, Rachel Maddow just called .Ron Paul awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liberty74
10-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Yeah, I agree. Stick with what hannity praises him for. Get Paul lots of positive coverage. Win the nomination. Then quietly, on day 1 of his presidency, bring all the troops home. Let hannity whine then.

Or RP can put Hannity on the spot by asking...

Where in the Constitution does it allow us to rule the world off the backs of the middle class through higher taxes and printing money?
Why do you, Hannity, support defending foreign borders and not ours?
Why do you, Hannity, advocate going into more debt which wars result in? Especially since most are I dunno - ILLEGAL.
Wars destroy military families and thousands upon thousands of innocent families are caught in collateral damage. Why are you and Santorum anti-family?
Wars should be congressionally declared. Are you against that? No. Then you support my foreign policy and economic policy. Thank you for the endorsement.

Throw the shit back in his face.

freejack
10-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Yeh, Rachel Maddow just called .Ron Paul awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was this in relation to?

InTradePro
10-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Cain supporters are off to Gingrich. Well that's what the media are promoting anyway.

Trump => Bachmann => Perry => Cain => Gingrich

R3volutionJedi
10-19-2011, 07:13 PM

Same...But, he could help split the establishment vote

InTradePro
10-19-2011, 07:14 PM

Where in the Constitution does it allow us to rule the world off the backs of the middle class through higher taxes and printing money?
Why do you, Hannity, advocate going into more debt which wars result in? Especially since most are I dunno - ILLEGAL.
Wars destroy military families and thousands upon thousands of innocent families are caught in collateral damage. Why are you and Santorum anti-family?
Wars should be congressionally declared. Are you against that? No. Then you support my foreign policy and economic policy. Thank you for the endorsement.

Has to be in spending terms.

Hannity approved the 1 trillion spending cut plan. The plan included bringing the troops home.
So if he approved the plan he's approving bringing the troops home?

Tinnuhana
Thread Title: I'd love to believe that. You'd never know it by what I'm hearing, but I'm pretty isolated.

phill4paul

I say this because that is the one area that Hannity disagrees on. If he has the time to explain the position that it would actually make us a stronger nation militarily, that we could use the Guard units for border patrol and national disaster assistance, and most importantly the TOLL to the men and women of the armed forces that must endure endless multiple deployments, then I believe he could make a point against a detractor of his policy. Especially if he frames it as in being the best way to SUPPORT the troops.

However, he could save it for a second interview. This policy is a big one though when dealing with Neo-Cons. If framed correctly it could be the sticking point that could change the whole game.

bolidew
10-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Just a sidenote, most Hermain Cain supporters I talk to like Ron Paul as a second choice.

But we won't consider Cain whatsoever here. "No one but Paul"...

Danjlion7
10-19-2011, 07:15 PM
What was this in relation to?

When Paul asked all the other candidates about when reagen traded hostages for arms with Iran. Maddow said she loved how Ron Paul made all the other candidates squirm and that this was Ron Paul in all his awesomeness.

CaptainAmerica
10-19-2011, 07:18 PM

Edit: A lot of the Huckabee supporters, and I know quite a few living down here where he was born and went to school, will not vote for Romney the final will be newt and paul.

sorianofan
10-19-2011, 07:19 PM
When Paul asked all the other candidates about when reagen traded hostages for arms with Iran. Maddow said she loved how Ron Paul made all the other candidates squirm and that this was Ron Paul in all his awesomeness.

Is she aware where Rand got his nuanced view of the 1964 civil rights act from?

amyre
10-19-2011, 07:22 PM

Unfortunately, this ^ is so true.

Liberty74
10-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Cain supporters are off to Gingrich. Well that's what the media are promoting anyway.

So the HERD MOVES? Come on RP, let's jump on that horse, move them into our fence, shut the gate, lock it. :p

Liberty74
10-19-2011, 07:25 PM

You mean apples and oranges didn't make him become unbearable?

jordie
10-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Cain has no chance. I heard on the radio today (and this is in Australia) that he has 2 (!!) staffers in New Hampshire, and apparently they don't even do much. haha So he's all hype, no ground game. (they also mentioned he was a joke candidate) Anyone got more info about this?

Danjlion7
10-19-2011, 07:26 PM

Haha!!!

jene277
10-19-2011, 07:28 PM

Agreed, neocons love Gingrich. At least the ones I've known do.

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-19-2011, 07:29 PM

Apples and Oranges you say?
http://obtuseobserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/apples-and-oranges1.jpg

I raise you:
http://www.bigfatcookies.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Bananas1.jpg

JoshS
Cain has no chance. I heard on the radio today (and this is in Australia) that he has 2 (!!) staffers in New Hampshire, and apparently they don't even do much. haha So he's all hype, no ground game. (they also mentioned he was a joke candidate) Anyone got more info about this?

pretty much sums it up. as i stated earlier his campaign is fake and it's planned that he will bow out and endorse romney

freejack

Remember that a cult of personality casts a reality distortion field around the subject. It will take a few more stupid outbursts before the field goes down.

FreeMind&Market
10-19-2011, 07:34 PM
The establishment has already nominated Romney, now they are just flailing away for a pseudo-rebel so they can say we had a choice. What little I pay attention to the media, I've heard the talking heads speculating a Perry rebound. They are just fishing for someone, but, like the Fed, they have run out of ammunition.

Danjlion7
10-19-2011, 07:40 PM
The establishment has already nominated Romney, now they are just flailing away for a pseudo-rebel so they can say we had a choice. What little I pay attention to the media, I've heard the talking heads speculating a Perry rebound. They are just fishing for someone, but, like the Fed, they have run out of ammunition.

And yet some of the establishment is breaking ranks over the past 72 hours.

1. Mon, limbaugh endorses Paul's economic plan, quoting politico
2. Tues, hannity interviews Paul and also endorses Paul's plan
3. Later tues, fox news says Paul's plan is one most republicans will go for
4. Paul has best debate performance ever
5. Paul has awesome interview this morning, wed
6. Rachel Maddow just called Ron Paul awesome

Seems like the establishment is breaking ranks . . .

anaconda
10-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Msnbc has been doing hit pieces on Herman Cain all day

Why would the main stream media go to such lengths to pump Cain up, only to take him down just as quickly?

FreeMind&Market
10-19-2011, 07:45 PM
Could be that some have realized (or anticipate) the gig is up, but I wouldn't hold my breath...

anaconda
10-19-2011, 07:45 PM

If we can isolate Romney in a two-tier race, we can close the gap on him. But we need 3 or 4 more percentage points and we need Perry and Cain to accelerate their crash-and-burns. We may get this sooner than later, if last night's debate is any indication..

Suzu
10-19-2011, 07:50 PM

Edit: A lot of the Huckabee supporters, and I know quite a few living down here where he was born and went to school, will not vote for Romney

If they won't vote for Romney, even less chance they'd go for Newt, right?

KingNothing
10-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Apples and Oranges you say?
http://obtuseobserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/apples-and-oranges1.jpg

I raise you:
http://www.bigfatcookies.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Bananas1.jpg

To quote the timeless Ralph Wiggum: "Go banana!"

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-19-2011, 07:52 PM
To quote the timeless Ralph Wiggum: "Go banana!"

During the debate last night. When Cain and Romney went off for a solid 30 seconds about Apples and Oranges.

My fiancee` says: "They're both Bananas."

and then I died in hysterical bliss.

Danjlion7
10-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Could be that some have realized (or anticipate) the gig is up, but I wouldn't hold my breath...

Why so pessimistic?

anaconda
10-19-2011, 07:57 PM

Interesting. Very possible. Newt has been very patient and has been steadily rising.

Arklatex
10-19-2011, 08:10 PM

Suzu not exactly.

These Southern Baptists don't remember his baggage! I truly think from the beginning the Perry Cain sideshow was planned to keep the focus off Gingrich so he can slip in, Palin endorsement will be big. Huckabee was a preacher down here, hard to get them to vote for a "libertarian." We need to expose Gingrich history.

SpicyTurkey
10-19-2011, 08:13 PM

The people that matter don't.

Paul4Prez
10-19-2011, 10:47 PM
Watch for a media-engineered meteoric rise for Newt. They're running out of options.

tfurrh
10-20-2011, 03:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8-clypI2bY

jmdrake
10-20-2011, 03:50 PM

Which is why we've got to call into talk radio with this information.

Brett85
10-20-2011, 03:55 PM
What poll did you see that led you to this conclusion?

RDM
10-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Watch for a media-engineered meteoric rise for Newt. They're running out of options.

Actually they're not out of options. This game of three card monty was planned out many many months ago with various scenarios before the actual "real" game was played. What you're going to see is the prop up of Gingrich to the point they'll have him walking on water in a few weeks. This buys time for them to allow Perry to gather himself and see if his support stabilizes. If Perry has good responses from his TV ads, then they'll slowly begin to pump him up slowly to spark renewed interest. During this time they'll let natural voter reaction toward Cain run its course and monitor him. If interest remains steady with Cain, then the "professional" version of three card monty gets played with Romney being the dummy card while the others play their roles. Its all smoke and mirrors to get the solid focus on Romney without Romney damaging his image.

InTradePro
10-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Sad to say that the Cain exposure today has pushed up his likes on facebook. They dropped a lot after the debate but since rebounded.

10-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Why will Cain not go away. I'm speechless that Americans are this clueless.

Brett85
10-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Sad to say that the Cain exposure today has pushed up his likes on facebook. They dropped a lot after the debate but since rebounded.

Apparently he just gained a bunch of fans who are pro choice.

heavenlyboy34
10-20-2011, 05:36 PM
How does MSNBC stay on the air? I understand they haven't been able to garner a significant audience in years now.

RDM
10-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Why will Cain not go away. I'm speechless that Americans are this clueless.

How many people have you ever seen win at three card monty?

PaulConventionWV
10-20-2011, 05:45 PM
People are opening their eyes to how insightful Ron Paul actually is. They're starting to realize that we aren't as small as they thought.

Then why aren't the poll numbers rising? Why are we still struggling at a lousy 10%?

10-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Apparently he just gained a bunch of fans who are pro choice.

So? Those people by and large don't vote in GOP primaries.

But Cain will just flip on this tomorrow and get away with it.

HarryBrowneLives
10-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Actually they're not out of options. This game of three card monty was planned out many many months ago with various scenarios before the actual "real" game was played. What you're going to see is the prop up of Gingrich to the point they'll have him walking on water in a few weeks. This buys time for them to allow Perry to gather himself and see if his support stabilizes. If Perry has good responses from his TV ads, then they'll slowly begin to pump him up slowly to spark renewed interest. During this time they'll let natural voter reaction toward Cain run its course and monitor him. If interest remains steady with Cain, then the "professional" version of three card monty gets played with Romney being the dummy card while the others play their roles. Its all smoke and mirrors to get the solid focus on Romney without Romney damaging his image.

You are close with this and I've been saying sort of the same thing for the past few days, but the clock is ticking and when Cain and Newt rise or drop they still don't have much of an organization in the early states and even less money. What we have to focus on is the same. I believe this three card monty may actually play into our hands. We have always outdone the polls by 20% or so with raw turnout.

Okie RP fan
10-20-2011, 06:11 PM
To the OP, Cain and Perry are far from finished.

They are still being propped up by the media and are still polling much higher than RP in most national polls, let's face it.

Cain's plan will unravel at some point, and his latest abortion comment did nothing, didn't even put a dent in his campaign. The Fox News junkies are all of the sudden becoming libertarian it seems. Just go read the comments on Fox Nation. Mark my word, if this were Ron Paul saying what he did, he'd be slandered to next week.

And, MSNBC isn't watched by a large segment. And those who do, are generally hardcore liberals who hate Republicans, there is little chance in converting any of them. Trust me, I've spoken to plenty of those types.

It'd be better if this were Fox News (who has a substantial larger amount of viewers, and most being registered Republicans) saying positive things and giving him air time.

GetTech
10-20-2011, 06:28 PM
I agree with ya here, except for Bill Oreilly. I used to like Bill, read all his books up to a few years ago. But the way he completely disregards RP on his show is completely scripted to pick his "pals". Bill acts like he is for the folks...but now I wonder if he is not just another one of the "insiders". He acts like he has something to lose with an RP admin. Though its comical because when he starts talking about the severity of the debt, inflation, people getting poorer, or the US will go bankrupt; His regurgitated lines sound like an awful lot of things I here Ron Paul Say. A lil praise here Bill for RP once in awhile.......

And I am not sure Bill would show RP the respect that hannity at least does. When I watched there interview in 2007, now,......Bill just sounds ignorant. His job is to hatchet you on his show somehow

InTradePro
10-20-2011, 06:33 PM
To the OP, Cain and Perry are far from finished.

They are still being propped up by the media and are still polling much higher than RP in most national polls, let's face it.

Cain's plan will unravel at some point, and his latest abortion comment did nothing, didn't even put a dent in his campaign. The Fox News junkies are all of the sudden becoming libertarian it seems. Just go read the comments on Fox Nation. Mark my word, if this were Ron Paul saying what he did, he'd be slandered to next week.

And, MSNBC isn't watched by a large segment. And those who do, are generally hardcore liberals who hate Republicans, there is little chance in converting any of them. Trust me, I've spoken to plenty of those types.

It'd be better if this were Fox News (who has a substantial larger amount of viewers, and most being registered Republicans) saying positive things and giving him air time.
Agreed.

rideurlightning
10-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Ron Paul just got praise from Sarah Palin...is this real life?

willwash
10-20-2011, 08:49 PM
Since when are we getting love from the king of all neocons, Sean Hannity?

10-20-2011, 08:54 PM
Since when are we getting love from the king of all neocons, Sean Hannity?

Since a few debates ago, Hannity had Ron on and said he mostly agrees with him. The other day Hannity endorsed the restore america plan.

heavenlyboy34
10-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Since when are we getting love from the king of all neocons, Sean Hannity?I'm pretty sure Hannity isn't a genuine neocon. He sympathizes with neocon causes, though. Neocons traditionally favor big government both at home and abroad. Hannity at least pretends to want small government domestically. Correct me if I'm wrong.

10-20-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm pretty sure Hannity isn't a genuine neocon. He sympathizes with neocon causes, though. Neocons traditionally favor big government both at home and abroad. Hannity at least pretends to want small government domestically. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's about right.

hueylong
10-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Cain has no money, no infrastructure and a flawed message. Perry has tons of money, no infrastructure and a flawed messenger. We need to keep focusing on what WE are doing and not worry about the opposition. The official campaign is doing a good job of positioning Dr. Paul against the field.

willwash
10-20-2011, 08:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh2sBKpLxpQ

Hannity is OK on domestic policy. I define neocon more as dominated by aggressive foreign policy than as domestically liberal. The above exchange shows Hannity as about as neocon as one can get.

NIU Students for Liberty
10-20-2011, 09:06 PM
Cain has no money, no infrastructure and a flawed message. Perry has tons of money, no infrastructure and a flawed messenger. We need to keep focusing on what WE are doing and not worry about the opposition. The official campaign is doing a good job of positioning Dr. Paul against the field.

So explain why Cain continues to rise in polls and currently holds 1st place in Iowa (according to Rasmussen)? I know that some have already pointed out that article where a journalist or whoever it was said that Paul would win Iowa because of his organization, but the numbers just are not showing that. We've been repeating the "Perry is done" mantra since his 1st debate but he continues to be propped up by the media. I just do not see the point in sugar coating at this point. Flame away.

torchbearer
10-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Mojo Rising

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41ohFqkhASU&feature=related

Carole
10-21-2011, 12:24 AM
Then why aren't the poll numbers rising? Why are we still struggling at a lousy 10%?

Polls are a sham. The results can be manipulated any way one wishes. Even Frank Luntz knows that.

Frank Luntz - CFR Pollster Exposed by Penn &Teller (PROFANITY)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViYI1BkhyRk

Carole
10-21-2011, 12:28 AM
gingrich has way too much baggage

He has been out of the scene for a while. Many younger people know nothing of his baggage and will not be looking for it.

Carole
10-21-2011, 12:31 AM

One would think any person could see he is a sly shyster. For that matter, why can people not see that several other candidates are typical say anything to get elected neo-con politicians????

It boggles the mind. :)

Carole
10-21-2011, 12:36 AM

^This. Bravo :)

anaconda
10-21-2011, 12:38 AM
I'm thinking if Cain and Perry hurry up and finish their crash and burn, then we may have a shot at South Carolina!

NIU Students for Liberty
10-21-2011, 12:42 AM
I'm thinking if Cain and Perry hurry up and finish their crash and burn, then we may have a shot at South Carolina!

Again, we've been waiting for Perry to crash but he's not going anywhere as of yet.

Carole
10-21-2011, 01:03 AM
Why would the main stream media go to such lengths to pump Cain up, only to take him down just as quickly?

It is like a reality show. Ratings, ratings, ratings. :D

Danjlion7
10-21-2011, 02:01 AM
I still hold to the original title of this post, polls notwithstanding. Cain's plan to raise taxes will never allow him to win the nomination and perry's bumbling makes bush look like a genuise. These are things the media simply cannot hide.

fearthereaperx
10-21-2011, 02:09 AM
I still hold to the original title of this post, polls notwithstanding. Cain's plan to raise taxes will never allow him to win the nomination and perry's bumbling makes bush look like a genuise. These are things the media simply cannot hide.

It doesn't matter what's in his plann, it's how he is gonna sell it that matters. And, amazingly, so far it's standing up to media scrutinization

LibertyEagle
10-21-2011, 02:23 AM
Polls are a sham. The results can be manipulated any way one wishes. Even Frank Luntz knows that.

Frank Luntz - CFR Pollster Exposed by Penn &Teller (PROFANITY)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViYI1BkhyRk

That's what a lot of people said in '07/'08 too. Unfortunately, we found out they were very accurate.

LibertyEagle
10-21-2011, 02:30 AM
It doesn't matter what's in his plann, it's how he is gonna sell it that matters. And, amazingly, so far it's standing up to media scrutinization

Are you talking about Cain's plan? If you are, how do you come to that conclusion?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/10/9-9-9-plan-would-almost-double-taxes-on-middle-class/
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/10/05/336649/cain-999-analysis-deficits/
http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/norquist-9-9-9-puts-three-needles-taxpayer-arm
http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2011/oct/13/herman-cain/herman-cain-says-someone-earning-50000-will-save-u/
http://www.redstate.com/paulkib/2011/10/14/cain-blows-up-999-plan-with-empowerment-zones/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/herman-cains-misleading-pitch-for-the-999-plan/2011/10/12/gIQAHszPgL_blog.html

bunklocoempire
10-21-2011, 02:33 AM

Yes. With Romney always near at hand.

Each different push has been so obvious.

The little back and forth "battles" played to the hilt with the usual political dramas before moving to the next push -a candidates "controversial pastor", a candidates "racial rock", a candidates "controversial spouse", with Gingrich it will be his divorces along with his unwavering commitment to anti-terror and his Reaganisms... etc.

Bunkloco

ONUV
10-21-2011, 02:35 AM

he doesn't even sell it well. he does okay when he stays on script but he's been awful in interviews and at recent debates. but, he continues to get a pass. he's the teocons last hope.

JohnGalt1225
10-21-2011, 02:37 AM
Bingo. The media and all his fans love HIM, not usually his policies. My mother in law, whom I consider the stereotypical Fox News watching middle aged woman, LOVES Cain. She even said "I don't think his plan will work, but I love him!" WTF? If his only "plan" won't work, how can you support him? Despite the fact he's a lying, two faced duplicitous flip flopping snake oil salesman people think he's some straight shooter who tells it like it is. That perception will be hard to change.

RIPLEYMOM
10-21-2011, 04:01 AM
This may be the push we need to get a serious interview. Picket him, his show, directly. The tide IS turning! It is! We need to, as Chainspell says, PUSH! You know Hannity is friends with Rand, and with what Sarah has said, and Limbaugh recently... run with this momentum!

My sweet daddy, ex-cop, sat on my porch last night and told me if the occupy Portland event was anti-war, he'd be out there too. Wow. Guys! He AND my husband are law enforcement Ron supporters! Think about this! We need to reach-out, and consider how we relate to all.

My dad did ask me, however, what I thought of Cain. Lordy, Lordy, Lordy, did I tell him. He had no clue. He is definitely voting for Paul, but he is about the fifth person who has asked me what I think about Cain. Food for thought.

InTradePro
10-21-2011, 04:10 AM
This may be the push we need to get a serious interview. Picket him, his show, directly. The tide IS turning! It is! We need to, as Chainspell says, PUSH! You know Hannity is friends with Rand, and with what Sarah has said, and Limbaugh recently... run with this momentum!

My sweet daddy, ex-cop, sat on my porch last night and told me if the occupy Portland event was anti-war, he'd be out there too. Wow. Guys! He AND my husband are law enforcement Ron supporters! Think about this! We need to reach-out, and consider how we relate to all.

My dad did ask me, however, what I thought of Cain. Lordy, Lordy, Lordy, did I tell him. He had no clue. He is definitely voting for Paul, but he is about the fifth person who has asked me what I think about Cain. Food for thought.

Well, I think Dr Paul doesn't except the invite from Hannity because in the past Sean treated Dr Paul bad.

RIPLEYMOM
10-21-2011, 04:25 AM
Good point, InTradePro, but, I have gotten the feeling a few times that HANNITY has regretted his treatment of Ron. Didn't we see an exchange between he and Paul not too long ago that showed admiration. Why do I seem to remember that? Maybe I'm imagining things. HANNITY has referenced RP and supporters more than couple of times defensively, giving me the feeling he was trying to appease us.

InTradePro
10-21-2011, 04:48 AM
Good point, InTradePro, but, I have gotten the feeling a few times that HANNITY has regretted his treatment of Ron. Didn't we see an exchange between he and Paul not too long ago that showed admiration. Why do I seem to remember that? Maybe I'm imagining things. HANNITY has referenced RP and supporters more than couple of times defensively, giving me the feeling he was trying to appease us.

Yes, but it also was posted recently (wish I could find the actual thing) but from memory something along the lines that Hannity said he hadn't made up his mind which candidate he wanted as GOP nomination except he had ruled out Ron Paul.
So that somewhat implies Hannity is not out to give Dr Paul a chance.

RIPLEYMOM
10-21-2011, 04:59 AM
Ugh. I don't want to hear that. :(

milo10
10-21-2011, 05:55 AM
As much as I dislike Hannity, he is more of a straight-shooter than O'Reilly or Beck. Or Limbaugh, for that matter. It's not a lot to work with, but I consider Hannity to be less calculating. I think he truly believes his own nonsense more than most of his group of conservative pundits.

Btw, what do you call this type of warmongering conservatism? We really need a different word for pundits like O'Reilly, Coulter, Malkin, Beck, Limbaugh and Hannity than neocon, as this should more accurately be a term for the likes of David Frum, Bill Kristol, Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Perle, and so forth.