PDA

View Full Version : Has the Herman Cain Bubble Burst?

sailingaway
10-19-2011, 06:19 PM
http://open.salon.com/blog/muddypolitics/2011/10/19/has_the_herman_cain_bubble_burst

http://open.salon.com/files/herman_cain_apples_and_orangessmall1319053341.jpg

As evidence of his distinguished colleagues’ ignorance, Cain relied on a rather interesting cliché.

“This is an example of mixing apples and oranges,” he said. “The state tax is an apple. We are replacing the current tax code with oranges. So it’s not correct to mix apples in oranges.”

“Once again, unfortunately,” he said at another point in the debate, “none of my distinguished colleagues who have attacked me tonight understand the plan… It’s apples and oranges.”

Mitt Romney, the currently frontrunner, asked Cain, “Herman, are you saying that the state taxes will also go away?”

“No,” Cain replied. “That’s an apple. We’re replacing a bunch of oranges.”

“So, then Gov. Perry was right?”

“No,” Cain said. “He wasn’t. He was mixing apples and oranges.”

Obviously amused, Romney asked, “Well but, will the people in Nevada not have to pay a Nevada sales tax and in addition pay the 9 percent sales tax?”

“Governor Romney,” Cain said, as annoyed as the rest of the field was entertained, “you’re doing the same thing they’re doing. You’re mixing apples and oranges. You’re going to pay the state sales tax no matter what. Whether you throw out the existing code and you put in our plan, you’re still going to pay that…That’s apples and oranges.”

“Right,” Romney replied, “and I’m going to get a bushel basket that has apples and oranges in it, because I’m going to pay both taxes, and the people of Nevada are going to pay both taxes.”

Moderator Anderson Cooper then put the question to Newt Gingrich: “Speaker Gingrich, you have said in recent days that Cain’s 9-9-9 plan would be a harder sell than he lets on. How so?”

“Well,” Gingrich said, “you just watched it.”

more at link

eduardo89
10-19-2011, 06:20 PM
If it has it'll be a few months before Herman Cain realizes it.

jasonxe
10-19-2011, 06:22 PM
That's what you get for not understanding the federal reserve. :-D That's why Ron bubble hasn't pop yet. Romney is just pure inflation..

IterTemporis
10-19-2011, 06:25 PM
That's what you get for not understanding the federal reserve. :-D That's why Ron bubble hasn't pop yet. Romney is just pure inflation..

Dr. Paul has no bubble. He has an aura of divine light around him that consists firmly of the truth and the constitution; it illuminates any dark hallway, and cannot be extinguished.

jasonxe
10-19-2011, 06:26 PM
oops, i misspoke on that one :-D

Tina
10-19-2011, 06:40 PM
LOL. Mr. Fruitcake.

KevinR
10-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Best picture ever!!