PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC hit piece

MsDoodahs
06-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Second time I've seen this, not the identical report but the same story was done twice at least today on MSNBC.

A "political scientist" from the liars at "politico.com" interviewed, stated - y'all are going to love this - ROMNEY is making the best use of the net.

HURL ICON.

Then next I think he said McCain or maybe Guiliani.

Then Obama and Hillary.

Full interview on INTERNET SUPPORT, claim was made by that guy that one of the others has massive online support, etc.

Not a single mention of Dr. Paul.

I'm going to try to find the Youtube of it, when I do I'll post it here.

If someone has time/internet savvy, I'd like to get a current comparison of Dr. Paul's google searches/technorati searches/blog mentions/youtubes/members/facebook/myspace/meetup etc.

If I can get all this together, husband is going to rip into it at the blog for tomorrow's publication. Doodahs will be getting more hits tomorrow because he writes a guest column thing and it just came out, that always ups the traffic.

I AM SO ANGRY. :mad: :mad:

I'm also going to email Tucker about this crap.

He should mention this tomorrow. But I doubt he'll be allowed.

:mad:

Korey Kaczynski
06-14-2007, 06:52 PM
That's funny, since Obama is second.

Dary
06-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Here is a link to the video.

http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?g=F6488A05-6BA2-4A5C-A3FF-111675F91BC4&f=00&fg=copy

The guys name is Michael Cornfield. He is a contributor to politicos.com.

If you ask me, they ought to look for a new contributor.

nayjevin
06-14-2007, 07:27 PM
If you ask me, they ought to look for a new contributor.

he's saying exactly what they want him to.

Spirit of '76
06-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Too bad we can't leave comments on the video page. That would REALLY prove him wrong.

ThePieSwindler
06-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Too bad we can't leave comments on the video page. That would REALLY prove him wrong.

Great point. Anyone see the complete irony in NOT allowing comments?

Dary
06-14-2007, 07:33 PM
he's saying exactly what they want him to.

Yeah, good point. In that case, they ought to give him a raise.

4Horsemen
06-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Mr. Corn-hole, blinks his eyes only once, and that was at the end of the interview. Seems kinda spooky, mind controlled? :confused:

Dary
06-14-2007, 07:36 PM

It's not the video page, but if you want, you can comment here:

http://thenewshole.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/06/14/226525.aspx#comments

MsDoodahs
06-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Okay, I'm not internet savvy at all.

I think I can figure out myspace stuff, but how do I get youtube subscriber totals?

Myspace, I never have even gone to that site. :o

Same for facebook. :o

Anyone care to help me out on this?

I don't mean to be so enraged, but &^%$^&* I am just really angry about this.

THOSE *(&^%&* LIARS.

It also striked me that O'Reilly might like this, since he's in the midst of a big battle with Olberman right now...hmmm...

Though I'm sure O'Reilly's masters won't allow him to say the name Ron Paul, so ... nah, no point in alerting that guy. lol..

findmemonkey
06-14-2007, 07:40 PM
For stats go to techpresident.com on right side

MsDoodahs
06-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Well, looks like the report wasn't technically wrong - Obama and Hillary have WAY more "facebook" and "mayspace" friends than Ron.

Which leads me to a question...

I am curious - is there a COST to get a "myspace" or "facebook" page and attach yourself to a candidate?

Is it possible that those sites are being - "spammed?" :eek:

I saw that Ron is ahead - way ahead - at meetup.com, and that does have a cost associated to start the group. :D

ThePieSwindler
06-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Well, looks like the report wasn't technically wrong - Obama and Hillary have WAY more "facebook" and "mayspace" friends than Ron.

Which leads me to a question...

I am curious - is there a COST to get a "myspace" or "facebook" page and attach yourself to a candidate?

Is it possible that those sites are being - "spammed?" :eek:

I saw that Ron is ahead - way ahead - at meetup.com, and that does have a cost associated to start the group. :D

Its because your average HS and college aged kid really isnt that politically savvy, or even net savvy at all beyond myspace/facebook, and most HS/college aged kids also happen to be liberal without half know what being left truly means, other than "hating bush and the war", etc. its not a surprise at all, really, that they buy into the MSM hype.

cujothekitten
06-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Okay, I'm not internet savvy at all.

I think I can figure out myspace stuff, but how do I get youtube subscriber totals?

Myspace, I never have even gone to that site. :o

Same for facebook. :o

Anyone care to help me out on this?

I don't mean to be so enraged, but &^%$^&* I am just really angry about this.

THOSE *(&^%&* LIARS.

It also striked me that O'Reilly might like this, since he's in the midst of a big battle with Olberman right now...hmmm...

Though I'm sure O'Reilly's masters won't allow him to say the name Ron Paul, so ... nah, no point in alerting that guy. lol..

You can see each candidate’s subscriber totals by visiting their profile pages. It will be in the top left corner close to their name.

Youtube Youchoose 08 has all the candidates on this page:
http://www.youtube.com/members?s=po&t=w&g=-1
Just click on their picture to see their profile.

On myspace you just go to their profile pages and scroll down until you see their friends list. It will say how many friends they have.

Do you have a youtube profile?

MsDoodahs
06-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Um...I don't think so but honestly I'm not sure. :o

I signed up for it and subscribed or whatever to Ron Paul as the videos I wanted to see, I think? I don't remember making a profile but if it asked me to, then I probably did.

cujothekitten
06-14-2007, 09:57 PM
Um...I don't think so but honestly I'm not sure. :o

I signed up for it and subscribed or whatever to Ron Paul as the videos I wanted to see, I think? I don't remember making a profile but if it asked me to, then I probably did.

Yeah you do. Look at the upper right hand side of the page and you'll see your username. If you click on that it brings you to your profile. You can decorate it, add videos you like to your favorites, and subscribe to users to get regular updates when they upload new videos... here check out my profile:

www.youtube.com/cujothekitten

All the videos I have on my page are added favorites. When you favor videos it bumps up their popularity so they're seen by more people.

MsDoodahs
06-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Oh, so THAT is what happens when I hit that little favorite button after I watch a video! lol! Someone here said to favorite them, so I would hit that button - but I didn't realize what good it was until now! lol!

I don't watch a lot of them - dial up. :(