PDA

View Full Version : Texas Primary: Cain 33%, Paul 19%, Perry 18%

RonPaulFanInGA
10-19-2011, 03:54 PM
http://www.fontcraft.com/azimuth/?p=113

In the aftermath of a successful performance in recent debates, our latest poll shows a surge in support for businessman Herman Cain among Texas Republican voters. The dramatic change in this poll from our last poll suggests that many voters remain only weakly committed to their current candidate preference.

bluesc
10-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Nice!

LibertyEagle
10-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Wait until Cain backtracks on his sales tax. lol. The man believes he doesn't need to have one frickin' clue about anything. That all he needs to do is surround himself with "good people". Thing is, if he doesn't know anything about the subjects at all, how on earth can he judge whether his "good people" are leading him down the garden path?

Case in point, using Laffer as his economic guru. lol

dannno
10-19-2011, 03:59 PM
lol, they didn't even mention him in the write-up...

ronpaulfollower999
Cain will drop after last night...this is huge!!

bolidew
Not so nice.
When it comes to GOP convention, Texas carries a lot of weight.
He can't be beat by 14% down there.

justatrey
10-19-2011, 04:00 PM
No way Cain's numbers will stay that strong. This is great news!

RonPaulCult
10-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Um....who did this poll? Never heard of them.

bluesc
10-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Not so nice.
When it comes to GOP convention, Texas carries a lot of weight.
He can't be beat by 14% down there.

He is beating the Governor of Texas and Cain is a joke. Add in the fact that Ron may well have the momentum coming in from the early caucuses, and the fact that Texas is open. Ron may as well be leading there.

SchleckBros
10-19-2011, 04:02 PM
I'm glad Paul is doing really well in one state :D

Now lets hope the other 49 states jump on board

michaelkellenger
10-19-2011, 04:03 PM
From what I hear most people don't consider them credible. Last poll they did in Texas, RP had 22% and was leading the pack. So Ron dropped 3% in this poll...within the margin of error.

And stop saying Cain is going to drop out. JUST STOP. He's leading the damn polls.

rp08orbust
10-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Azimuth--the same guys who did the Texas GOP primary poll in June or July that found Gary Johnson in double digits.

bluesc
10-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Azimuth--the same guys who did the Texas GOP primary poll in June or July that found Gary Johnson in double digits.

Disregard poll.

RDM
10-19-2011, 04:09 PM
Well Paul is not leading in this poll in Texas.

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/who-do-you-think-won-cnns-gop-presidential-debate/question-2231547/?page=2#comments

sailingaway
10-19-2011, 04:11 PM
wow, that's good when you figure it is only Republican voters and it is an open primary state....

sailingaway
10-19-2011, 04:11 PM
Well Paul is not leading in this poll in Texas.

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/who-do-you-think-won-cnns-gop-presidential-debate/question-2231547/?page=2#comments
but that's not a real poll.

He's tied with the frontrunner in that one.

gosmo
10-19-2011, 04:12 PM
I can't believe the people of Texas are willing to pay 34% sales tax...?

sailingaway
10-19-2011, 04:13 PM
From what I hear most people don't consider them credible. Last poll they did in Texas, RP had 22% and was leading the pack. So Ron dropped 3% in this poll...within the margin of error.

And stop saying Cain is going to drop out. JUST STOP. He's leading the damn polls.

When they did Texas before they polled only ACTIVISTS. Of course Ron is ahead with activists.

Now they did only GOP voters, which should way UNDERCOUNT for Ron because he dominates with independents and it is an open primary there.

Keith and stuff
10-19-2011, 04:13 PM

Neither is this poll in any conventional sense.

These results are from the final section of our recent pol of 10/12 to 10/17 which was conducted through automated phonecalls and direct email solicitations of 4372 Republican voters in the state of Texas of whom 832 responded to the poll. 56% of the responses came from direct email contacts and 44% from telephone responses. The pool consisted of active party members identified by association with clubs, groups and party organizations and voters who were identified from voter rolls as having voted Republican in 2008 and 2010. They were geographically distributed over most of the state, with clusters in Tarrant, Denton, Comal, Harris, Hays, Travis, Blanco, Collin, Llano and Montgomery Counties. The results of other questions also included in this poll have been released separately.

Okie RP fan
10-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Eh, I don't know.

So many voters, particularly, Republicans, are of the Fox News colony, and Fox News hates RP.

After reading comments on Fox News and Fox Nation last night, most so called "conservatives" were pretty impressed with how Cain and Gingrich handled themselves and many are hoping for a Cain/Gingrich and/or Gingrich/Cain ticket.

Kind of funny.

Keith and stuff
10-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Eh, I don't know.

So many voters, particularly, Republicans, are of the Fox News colony, and Fox News hates RP.

After reading comments on Fox News and Fox Nation last night, most so called "conservatives" were pretty impressed with how Cain and Gingrich handled themselves and many are hoping for a Cain/Gingrich and/or Gingrich/Cain ticket.

Kind of funny.

I'm pretty sure many born again christians would skip the vote or even vote obama or 3rd party before voting for gingrich. He abandoned his wife for no reason. Unless he some how gets the nomination and unemployment goes to 12% or something, I don't think it's possible for him to win.

sailingaway
10-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Neither is this poll in any conventional sense.

ah, they've changed methodology again. So it is like those Zogby 'sign up to be polled' polls - useless. I thought it was at least random.

RDM
10-19-2011, 04:31 PM

It's about as close to a real poll. You can't double vote in this poll and it reflects voters across America. IMO

Okie RP fan
10-19-2011, 04:34 PM
I'm pretty sure many born again christians would skip the vote or even vote obama or 3rd party before voting for gingrich. He abandoned his wife for no reason. Unless he some how gets the nomination and unemployment goes to 12% or something, I don't think it's possible for him to win.

Right when you remember that about Gingrich, or the fact that he is simply an establishment RINO, he panders to the crowd during the debate and he leaves with a little solid following. I've noticed this after every debate, more and more people are "impressed" with what he said. Even when all he did was invoke Reagan in all of his answers.

Remember, it seems that some of our fellow constituents aren't as bright as we hope them to be.

eleganz
10-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Cain is the new establishment vote and people are somewhat emotionally invested in him so he'll probably be a harder than Perry was to take down. We just have to make sure he doesn't win the early states.

10-19-2011, 04:41 PM
No way! Did not expect that at all. What will happen when Cain drops? Winning Texas would be huge!

tremendoustie
10-19-2011, 04:41 PM
19% is what matters, and that's a very good number.

Demigod
10-19-2011, 04:43 PM
If the democrats can put a community organizer as president,why can`t the GOP put a pizza man

I mean who doesn't like pizza :D

Lovecraftian4Paul
10-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Wow, very decent numbers for Paul, and blistering numbers for Perry.

turbobrain9
10-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Cain's surge must be artifical...I can't see what appeals to average americans...I think he is being pushed on the electorate by the establishment, like they tried with bachmann and perry...esp. in Texas? Very hard to believe.

mconder
10-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Why is this not front page drudge?

CaptainAmerica
10-19-2011, 04:57 PM
!!!WOOO ron paul is about to break 20 percent!

TonySutton
10-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Voted

Gingrich 33%
Cain 28%
Paul 22%
Romney 7%
Bachmann 5%
Perry 4%
Santorum 2%

HeyArchie
10-19-2011, 05:24 PM
I keep seeing that Cain is a joke, but I've noticed he's winning online polls, he's winning national polls, and the media is pushing him. He has a shot. Don't underestimate this idiot.

If he gets the nomination, I would entertain voting for Obama. I can't handle a 9% sales tax... I really can't.

10-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Even if america had dumbed down enough to elect Cain, there is absolutely no way he as president could enact 999. Besides Ron is going to win.

10-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Azimuth is not a respectable polling firm. They use lists of involved and donor Republicans, not actual random samples. This has been discussed before.

ALL of their polls are favorable for Ron Paul. Some of their polling had Gary Johnson doing very well also. This is no different, as far as I can tell. I have no reason to trust Azimuth and settle for incorrect polling.

We need to be just as skeptical of the good polls as we are of the bad ones.

Billay
10-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Whoa awesome!