PDA

View Full Version : Have you donated to Black this out yet?

123tim
10-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Just wondering.
Just a reminder. :)

Is it meeting your expectations?

Tunink
10-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Nope waiting until tonight. Trying to sell some car parts for extra money so I can throw more money in the coffers!

LauraB
10-19-2011, 03:23 PM
not yet, waiting till' later. not seeming to meet "my expectations" thus far......that huge moneybomb back in 07 or 08, (the 5th of Nov), didn't that one bring in like 6M or something? how do we make that type of number happen? I didn't even know about Paul during that one so of course i did not donate to it and I'm thinking there are obviously so many others like me who have found Paul after the 08 election......so why aren't the 2011donation/moneybomb amounts reflecting that (all of the new support)?

brushfire
10-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Consider....
How much is your future worth? For those with children, how much is their future worth to you?
This is one chance - if you can spare the cash, dont put it off. DO IT NOW

LayZayFaire
10-19-2011, 03:39 PM
I just donated $50.

First donation I've made to a presidential candidate...and I supported Ron Paul in 2008. I knew that it wasn't his time back then. It might be his time this time. That is the only reason I donated.

Son of Detroit
10-19-2011, 03:40 PM
No idea... I tried earlier and I never got past the "donation processing" stage. Never got an e-mail either.

CaseyJones
10-19-2011, 03:54 PM
I donated just after midnight last night .. $100.00.. I got the processing thing to and no email, but my account shows the withdrawal and it is legit

Xenophage
10-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Can't donate yet. I only have $10. My paycheck will post at midnight... I will be able to throw in a $20 at that time. Unless someone wants to match me to go higher :)

QueenB4Liberty
10-19-2011, 05:10 PM
I donated $50 and I'm going to try and donate another $50 if we hit $2 million. Honestly I wish I was a part of the November 6 million money bomb...how did we ever get that much money? I mean, this is great, we had $1 million before 5pm, but still...for all the hype and promotion I was just expecting more.

trey4sports
10-19-2011, 05:11 PM
yup, $10 spot

juleswin
10-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Throwing in $25 right now and hopefully another 50 by midnight. I agree with the above comments, how did we ever get $6m in one day when most of the Ron Paul supporters I know now never donated. Could it be that he actually lost some of his 07 supporters?

123tim
10-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Just donated.
My nine year old daughter did as well.

I just realized that if you wait until this time of night it's almost impossible to get a screenshot of your name. I guess that it's better this way....it isn't about seeing your name...it's about seeing your future.

Consider....
How much is your future worth? For those with children, how much is their future worth to you?
This is one chance - if you can spare the cash, dont put it off. DO IT NOW

Sematary
10-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Just wondering.
Just a reminder. :)

Is it meeting your expectations?

Yes. I donated. NO It's not meeting my expectations. I expected ALOT MORE.

Sematary
10-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Throwing in $25 right now and hopefully another 50 by midnight. I agree with the above comments, how did we ever get $6m in one day when most of the Ron Paul supporters I know now never donated. Could it be that he actually lost some of his 07 supporters?

People have LESS $$$ now AND, I don't feel the same level of enthusiasm that I did in 07'

123tim
10-20-2011, 04:05 AM

Well, Just my thoughts here and they might be totally incorrect since my memory isn't all that great. Here are the reasons that I think that we raised six million that day:

1.) We had less frequent money bombs then. (am I even right about this? I don't know.)
2.) I feel like I'm in it for the long haul now. I give less now, but more often. It seems early in the election year also.
3.) I think that people weren't feeling the effects of the economic depression like they are now.

4.) I think that we did give a surprising amount last night. Did anyone watch the ticker?

The blackout is a three day event!

Sematary
10-20-2011, 06:31 AM
Well, Just my thoughts here and they might be totally incorrect since my memory isn't all that great. Here are the reasons that I think that we raised six million that day:

1.) We had less frequent money bombs then. (am I even right about this? I don't know.)
2.) I feel like I'm in it for the long haul now. I give less now, but more often. It seems early in the election year also.
3.) I think that people weren't feeling the effects of the economic depression like they are now.

4.) I think that we did give a surprising amount last night. Did anyone watch the ticker?

The blackout is a three day event!

I was thinking about this last night. I think we had a unique confluence of events.

First, the money bomb idea was still relatively unique. Not so much any more.
Second, if memory serves, we tied it to November 5 (Remember, remember, the 5th of November). There was ALOT of discussion about using that date but it worked out great. It was on a Monday, which you wouldn't normally think of as a great day for asking for donations but people had plenty of time to plan for it.

This time around we do have more support in the main stream voter than we did last time but they aren't as devoted as we are and are less likely to devote part of their budgets to presidential candidates. You might see that change if he wins the nomination.

thehighwaymanq
10-20-2011, 07:39 AM
So far we have about $130,000 for the day. If we can get a good push during the solid donation hours maybe we can hit about $600,000 today and get us close to 3 mil

Sematary
10-20-2011, 07:41 AM
So far we have about $130,000 for the day. If we can get a good push during the solid donation hours maybe we can hit about $600,000 today and get us close to 3 mil

I think tomorrow will be the "big" day of these last two since it is pay day for most folks.

thehighwaymanq
10-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Just broke $150,000 for the day! ONWARD

thehighwaymanq
10-20-2011, 09:51 AM
On pace for about $315,000 today!

Jesubub
10-20-2011, 09:51 AM
$50 ($350 to date). Kicking in another $50 later.

trey4sports
10-20-2011, 09:55 AM
I saw on FB that we have 36,000 donors so far.... that's pretty awesome!

Imaginos
10-20-2011, 09:58 AM
This time around we do have more support in the main stream voter than we did last time but they aren't as devoted as we are.
qft.
I donated yesterday but failed to get my colleague to do so.
He is a main stream republican and I recently turned him to Dr. Paul yet he ditched when it comes to donation.
I did work on a couple of people on Dr. Paul and it seems like more mainstream type you are, less likely you donate during primary.

Bosco Warden
10-20-2011, 10:02 AM
yep, $50. $150 to date. maybe before this is over.

RON PAUL 2012!!