PDA

View Full Version : Did Anybody Ever Get a Reminder Notification for the Facebook Event?

Sentinelrv
10-19-2011, 01:52 PM
I didn't receive one and I attended the Facebook event. Did anybody else get a reminder? Maybe this is why it's a little slower than we expected it to be. In 07 we were able to contact everyone that signed up through email. If the people on Facebook didn't get a reminder, I wonder how many that attended will actually donate.

D.A.S.
10-19-2011, 01:56 PM
I didn't receive one and I attended the Facebook event. Did anybody else get a reminder? Maybe this is why it's a little slower than we expected it to be. In 07 we were able to contact everyone that signed up through email. If the people on Facebook didn't get a reminder, I wonder how many that attended will actually donate.

I attended the Facebook event, but I never got any email reminders. This could be a feature that isn't enabled by default in Facebook profiles. It just says on the sidebar that "Black This Out Moneybomb Event is Today" or something like that.

Sentinelrv
10-19-2011, 01:58 PM
I wasn't talking about an email, but the notifications you get like when someone posts on your wall or responds to your comments.

anewvoice
10-19-2011, 02:01 PM
No notifications received. I am hoping the owners of the event will send out a message to the groups today. Expecting people to remember remember is limiting our numbers.

IndianaPolitico
10-19-2011, 02:03 PM
They just notified everyone by changing the profile picture of the event, then it automatically notifies people who are attending.

AlexG
10-19-2011, 02:03 PM
I never got any emails or reminders from the events page, it seems like they would be on the ball since they were the one to create the event

TexMac
10-19-2011, 02:04 PM
No notification. I posted about this earlier on the big thread. I hate FB for stuff like this.

Karsten
10-19-2011, 02:05 PM
...The moneybomb was today??

muzzled dogg
10-19-2011, 02:05 PM
i've never rec'd a reminder for any facebook event ever

lucky_bg
10-19-2011, 02:06 PM
No notification at all, of any kind from Fb event page! :(

anewvoice
10-19-2011, 02:06 PM
They just notified everyone by changing the profile picture of the event, then it automatically notifies people who are attending.

Might be working it's way through the list, but still no notification. Facebook not ready for a 21k invite list? Just curious, does this make us the guiness book record holder for a social event?

ItsTime
10-19-2011, 02:09 PM
I thought we have been over this already. Facebook SHUTS OFF REMINDERS when the event reaches over 5000 attending/maybe attending/ I can only change the event picture and that notifies people that I changed the picture. However, if I do that too much facebook will delete the event. So I can only do it a few times.

Sentinelrv
10-19-2011, 02:11 PM
I thought we have been over this already. Facebook SHUTS OFF REMINDERS when the event reaches over 5000 attending/maybe attending/ I can only change the event picture and that notifies people that I changed the picture. However, if I do that too much facebook will delete the event. So I can only do it a few times.

Ok, I didn't know this. I thought you just couldn't send a message out to people if it got over 5,000 attendees.

anewvoice
10-19-2011, 02:12 PM

You are referring to the "message" option in the upper right I assume, that sucks. Anyhow, did you update the picture today as I have not received a notification of any sort.

Steve-in-NY
10-19-2011, 02:23 PM
They just notified everyone by changing the profile picture of the event. I got it.

ItsTime
10-19-2011, 02:25 PM
You are referring to the "message" option in the upper right I assume, that sucks. Anyhow, did you update the picture today as I have not received a notification of any sort.

Yes Ive done it twice. Once in the morning and once a little while ago. I got it, my wife got it, I dont know why you may have not gotten it. Facebook is screwy sometimes.

And yeah I meant message.

anewvoice
10-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Yes Ive done it twice. Once in the morning and once a little while ago. I got it, my wife got it, I dont know why you may have not gotten it. Facebook is screwy sometimes.

And yeah I meant message.

Yeah, I know why now, because I suck. :) I disabled all event notifications on my account awhile back, glad to hear the notifications have been sent out! +rep

ItsTime
10-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I know why now, because I suck. :) I disabled all event notifications on my account awhile back, glad to hear the notifications have been sent out! +rep

hahaha That would explain it!