PDA

View Full Version : I Just received email from Herman Cain

linusPAULing
10-19-2011, 12:59 PM
How the hell did he get my email addy? Somebody sold me out!

It's kind of creepy getting email from an ex-KS City Fed chairman while addressing me

Dear Patriot,

:(

Don't ask me what he says after that because I have no idea, except to say I recognized a Donate Button somewhere in there.

JoshLowry
10-19-2011, 01:03 PM
Same here.First Cain email in my inbox. Never signed up for his shit.

libertybrewcity
10-19-2011, 01:03 PM
lol.. I am businessman Herman Cain....

NO YOU'RE NOT! You're a Dollar Destroying Federal Reserve Shill!

bluesc
10-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Who is selling email lists to him? If many people here are getting the email, it could be a site we are familiar with. That, or some email grabber poll.

gls
10-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Yeah I got it too somehow? I wonder who is selling our email addresses to the Cain campaign. I marked it as spam and unsubscribed.

Czolgosz
10-19-2011, 01:07 PM
I'm only on RPF (w/ regards to political sites), I don't have an email from Cain in my Inbox.

ctiger2
10-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Who is selling email lists to him? If many people here are getting the email, it could be a site we are familiar with. That, or some email grabber poll.

IIRC I though I read the Paul campaign was selling names etc and using the money for advertising. I get Romney, Perry, Bachmann, Gingrich mail and I have no idea how.

sailingaway
10-19-2011, 01:31 PM
me too. Is it an address you use for Townhall? Because the one I got had a three letter thing starting with a T in it when I clicked the info link for how you got on their list. I assumed it was Townhall.

sailingaway
10-19-2011, 01:32 PM
IIRC I though I read the Paul campaign was selling names etc and using the money for advertising. I get Romney, Perry, Bachmann, Gingrich mail and I have no idea how.

I think Rand did, not Ron, and Christine Pac got mine that way. I think this is something else, though.

gls
10-19-2011, 01:33 PM

If so that's pretty shady and likely to cost the campaign more money/support than they gain, IMO.

eric_cartman
10-19-2011, 01:36 PM
i got that cain e-mail in my personal e-mail account.

it says it's from "the liberty watch .com"

Date and time signed up: January 28, 2011 at 7:41:15 AM (PST)
A description of how your email address was obtained: TLW email list

Lafayette
10-19-2011, 01:39 PM
I get E-mails from this creepy ambiguously gay preacher asking for donations for his wife's presidential campaign all the time.

It really freaks me out.

Czolgosz
10-19-2011, 01:43 PM
I get E-mails from this creepy ambiguously gay preacher asking for donations for his wife's presidential campaign all the time.

It really freaks me out.

So stop donating to the preacher. :D

tsai3904
10-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Cain's Super PAC rented email lists from the Tea Party.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/66335.html

Lafayette
10-19-2011, 01:47 PM
So stop donating to the preacher. :D

I wanted to, but he keeps threatening to send me pictures of him doing strange things with corn dogs.

RileyE104
10-19-2011, 01:51 PM
My parents get mail from Mike Huckabee and some kind of Israel group... They don't know why but the letters always come.

Czolgosz
10-19-2011, 01:52 PM
I wanted to, but he keeps threatening to send me pictures of him doing strange things with corn dogs.

Please forward. kthx

LibertyMage
10-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Is it Herman Cain or Herman Cain via "Liberty Watch?" I got it via Liberty Watch. Look at the top of the email.

Danke
10-19-2011, 02:12 PM

Me too, but they nearly always go directly to the junk mail folder.

libertarian4321
10-19-2011, 03:22 PM
They could be using Republican Party registration or donor lists?

I get solicitations from the local and national Republican Party all the time.

Esoteric
10-19-2011, 03:38 PM
We did sign up.. When we took the American Spectator poll to vote for Ron.

nobody's_hero
10-19-2011, 09:10 PM
I get emails from Papa John's Pizza all the time. What kind of deals was Herman Cain offering?

Feelgood
10-19-2011, 10:32 PM
I got one from National Tea Party alert pushing Cain hard. I thought it was a joke and hit the unsubscribe button. I think I threw up a little in my mouth when I read this.

What if we didn't have to choose between the lesser of two evils for President? What if we had a conservative choice we could be proud of? Let me explain.

Conservatives have been told they have to pick Mitt Romney, despite his flip-flops on abortion, immigration, gun control. Plus, he's the intellectual father of ObamaCare. No conservative really LOVES Mitt Romney. But they think they might be stuck with him.

We were told Rick Perry was the "Tea Party" alternative to Mitt Romney, until we found out he mandated 12-year-old girls receive a vaccine for HPV without their parents' permission, opposed building a fence along America's southern border, and supported free college tuition for illegal aliens.

We have a real choice this time: Herman Cain. Herman Cain is surging in Iowa and New Hampshire. Just this week, a new poll showed that if the election were held today, Herman would beat Barack Obama. Will you help him today?

Today we are launching "Americans for Herman Cain," a project of 9-9-9 Fund.

I wanted you to be among the first to see our new video about our efforts. I hope you'll like it, and share it across Facebook and Twitter:

Herman Cain has grassroots support. He has the poll numbers. He is a conservative. He can beat Barack Obama. Now it's our job to propel him to victory in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina, Florida, Michigan, and Arizona.

We're going to do everything from TV ads, voter mail, advocacy phones identifying Herman's supporters, to get out the vote programs. But we can't do it without your help. We're fiscal conservatives like you, and we won't waste a dollar.

Will you help us? Will you help us elect a true conservative outsider in the mold of Ronald Reagan to the White House?

Together, we will take our country back.

For America,

Jordan Gehrke
Campaign Director
AmericansforHermanCain.com

paulpwns
10-19-2011, 10:39 PM
I got one independent from the FED RESERVE shill himself, and then another immediately from American Spectator. I have unsubscribed from American Spectator like 5 times now. I deleted them without reading, and donated again to RP.

qh4dotcom
10-19-2011, 10:47 PM
I haven't gotten anything from Cain but when I do I will likely know where he got my e-mail address from.

Tinnuhana
10-19-2011, 10:56 PM
So we're upset because they're showing us their hand? Set the filter for SPAM. I bet it's from TownHall or one of the other conservative sites we went to in order to participate in a poll.

Tinnuhana
10-19-2011, 10:59 PM
What if they float an expensive ad and, by the time it airs, his numbers have gone down from the vetting? Daydreaming.

Miles Dunn
10-19-2011, 11:03 PM
Just throwing this out there...

I use gmail and it offers this ability...

youremail+whatevernameyouwant@gmail.com THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE... youremail+ronpaulforums@gmail.com , now if you signed up here and ron paul forums sold your email to the cain campaign in the details of the email it would be from cain@caincampaign sent to youremail+ronpaulforums@gmail then you can go postal.

Simple
10-19-2011, 11:32 PM
I get mail from the Ron Paul campaign, I have my mail set up in here, and I get mail from the Tea Party, but I have not received any from Cain or the others.

enjerth
10-19-2011, 11:52 PM
Yeah I got it too somehow? I wonder who is selling our email addresses to the Cain campaign. I marked it as spam and unsubscribed.

I got that as well.

Townhall?

I think I subscribed to them a while ago. Since then I've gotten National Tea Party Alert, Christine PAC, Palin junk mail, and several candidates for federal office emailing for donations.