PDA

View Full Version : IDEA FOR THE CAMPAIGN: Have a Romney-esque rolodex bomb

10-19-2011, 12:47 PM
In both 2007 and this year, Mitt Romney has gathered bunches of supporters in one place on a particular day encouraging them to "go through their rolodex" in support of Mitt Romney. Some of these people are famous or rich, but some of them are just very involved in supporting him.

Why don't we do the same thing?

What if we organized an event where a bunch of Ron Paul supporters got together and encouraged their friends, family, and associates to donate to Ron Paul?

Sure, Ron Paul's supporters aren't all Wall Street bankers. But, we have a number of celebrity and wealthy supporters (Doug Stanhope, Vince Vaughan, Andy Beal, Peter Schiff, etc. etc.). If we were to gather some folks to help "bundle" donors together, the kinds of folks who aren't necessarily going to donate to a moneybomb but will gladly donate if a good friend or colleague asks them to and explains the whole deal, that could be really productive.

All in all, I think this would be best done by the campaign. And no, I don't think it is too late – it would be easy to say that Romney did them early on, and therefore, they're only effective early. I would say that much of our donor potential has not been tapped into. The potential that exists for Ron Paul donors who are not necessarily internet-oriented is really out there, folks.

If the campaign wouldn't be up for organizing this kind of thing, it might be worthwhile for the grassroots to do it. Perhaps getting everyone together in Vegas over a weekend, like Romney has done, would be the way to go. If we could get Ron Paul himself to show up, or Rand, to encourage the supporters, it would go very well.

An idea...