PDA

View Full Version : So realistically how is this going?

nasaal
10-19-2011, 11:44 AM
I'm not really familiar for when these moneybombs skyrocket and such so, realistically how well is this going compared to what was planned?

Schiff_FTW
10-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Umm not good considering no one has been able to make a donation for over an hour...

AmberH
10-19-2011, 11:49 AM
You should take a look at this http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?324179-BlackTHISout-vs-Birthday-Bomb

It shows how we are doing compared to our best moneybomb this year, we are doing great, but now that ticker is stuck it messes up the numbers

ItsTime
10-19-2011, 11:51 AM
We are doing awesome! It will be the biggest one of the year and overall we have raised twice as much money for Ron Paul this election than last!

10-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Realistically, overall, fundraising is going very well this year. However, it will be difficult to top our Q4 07 numbers without some serious response in the polls and in overall donor support. It is possible but times are different and I don't know that a Tea Party Money Bomb is in the wings.

For this moneybomb, at this point, I would expect a total between 2 and 2.5 million. Everyone had high hopes of reaching a much greater total, but something - whether the theme, the date (in the week), the overall spirit of the donor base - was just a little miscalculated by a lot of folks.

Myself included, as I thought the stars were aligning to be a much bigger day.

But that is really silly talk; this is still an enormous fundraising accomplishment that other candidates will salivate over wishing they had the same support as Ron Paul does!

If I have one secret wish, it is that we achieve Herman Cain's Q3 total (2.8).

sailingaway
10-19-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm not really familiar for when these moneybombs skyrocket and such so, realistically how well is this going compared to what was planned?

If you look at the chart at the top of the page you can see it was way ahead of any other money bomb this cycle, until the web site was either overloaded or attacked (last money bomb it was attacked). That is when the line went flat. So now everyone is madly frustrated and many have had problems donating. We'll know more, later.

sailingaway
10-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Realistically, overall, fundraising is going very well this year. However, it will be difficult to top our Q4 07 numbers without some serious response in the polls and in overall donor support. It is possible but times are different and I don't know that a Tea Party Money Bomb is in the wings.

For this moneybomb, at this point, I would expect a total between 2 and 2.5 million. Everyone had high hopes of reaching a much greater total, but something - whether the theme, the date (in the week), the overall spirit of the donor base - was just a little miscalculated by a lot of folks.

Myself included, as I thought the stars were aligning to be a much bigger day.

But that is really silly talk; this is still an enormous fundraising accomplishment that other candidates will salivate over wishing they had the same support as Ron Paul does!

If I have one secret wish, it is that we achieve Herman Cain's Q3 total (2.8).

I guessed it at 2 to 2.5 million just because of the economy and the fact our guys have been doing at least a money bomb a month with 'end of quarter push' fundraisers added in. But I hoped for more. Early numbers spur late numbers, though, so the down time really hurts.

nasaal
10-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Well I imagine they will extend the moneybomb a few hours to compensate for the inability to donate at the moment.

Xenophage
10-19-2011, 12:17 PM
We have had more and smaller money bombs this time around. Those '07 single day numbers on November 5th and December 16th were impressive as hell, but I do not think we'll see a repeat.

Overall Ron has received tons more money than he did in 07. We just don't have the same impressive 'single day' numbers.

wowrevolution
10-19-2011, 12:36 PM
I have not heard if RevPAC intends to match today's money bomb.

sailingaway
10-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Well I imagine they will extend the moneybomb a few hours to compensate for the inability to donate at the moment.

yeah, but people look at a soaring ticker and donate more than they intended because they get caught up in it. Well, it is what it is.

wowrevolution
10-19-2011, 12:54 PM
We have neglected our support in the communities for legalizing Marijuana and taking out the War on Drugs as we have been concerned with rallying support in more political avenues. I believe this is the main problem, as the movement becomes more "mainstream" it is tending towards the economic and political forums and neglecting the grassroots avenues such as marijuana legalization and the gamer community. We've also been less vocal in regards to freedom of information.

There are plenty of hot topic issues that we have strayed away from in order to win richer donors but we are losing the support of the masses while trying to win "the 1%" we need to refocus on the people on the street and re-focus on an End the Drug War message.

Basically, people need to diversify away from Reddit and start looking at alternatives to the alternatives double down on the grassroot efforts.

HeyArchie
10-19-2011, 12:58 PM
We have neglected our support in the communities for legalizing Marijuana and taking out the War on Drugs as we have been concerned with rallying support in more political avenues. I believe this is the main problem, as the movement becomes more "mainstream" it is tending towards the economic and political forums and neglecting the grassroots avenues such as marijuana legalization and the gamer community. We've also been less vocal in regards to freedom of information.

There are plenty of hot topic issues that we have strayed away from in order to win richer donors but we are losing the support of the masses while trying to win "the 1%" we need to refocus on the people on the street and re-focus on an End the Drug War message.

Basically, people need to diversify away from Reddit and start looking at alternatives to the alternatives double down on the grassroot efforts.
That strategy makes for great excitement and money bombs, but creates an environment that will most likely not win Ron the nomination. There is more money this time around. From what people tell me (I wasn't involved in the '07 times... but liked Ron Paul from afar), the excitement and grassroots isn't as strong this time around (don't shoot the messenger and I've only seen this a couple of times), but the actual campaign is more organized and is doing more. From what I see, it is a legitimate campaign with strong grassroots.

Why do you think Romney and Perry got more than Paul? Is it because of big money bombs and a bunch of small donations? No, it's all Wall St, big banks, etc. This isn't to say we shouldn't be donating as much as possible and make our grassroots as strong as possible, but I have faith in this campaign!

wowrevolution
10-19-2011, 01:18 PM
That strategy makes for great excitement and money bombs, but creates an environment that will most likely not win Ron the nomination. There is more money this time around. From what people tell me (I wasn't involved in the '07 times... but liked Ron Paul from afar), the excitement and grassroots isn't as strong this time around (don't shoot the messenger and I've only seen this a couple of times), but the actual campaign is more organized and is doing more. From what I see, it is a legitimate campaign with strong grassroots.

Why do you think Romney and Perry got more than Paul? Is it because of big money bombs and a bunch of small donations? No, it's all Wall St, big banks, etc. This isn't to say we shouldn't be donating as much as possible and make our grassroots as strong as possible, but I have faith in this campaign!

I am merely saying we are neglecting the grassroots efforts. We see marijuana approval at 50% now. We need to refocus on this and shake the foundations because the establishment will seek to disperse that support. We need to hoist up the sails and grab the wind and send the mainstream into a panic. Paul is front & center, its time to charge in with the Horde.

TomtheTinker
10-19-2011, 01:22 PM

friend you are asking the wrong questions....the question you should be asking is...what can we be doing to get the momentum going???!!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYb3ipCeAOQ

Amount: $125.00
Transaction ID: 46B2********
Transaction date/time: 2011-10-19 13:47:01

PUSHHHH!!!!!!!

CaptainAmerica
10-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Its the middle of the week, people might be getting payed on thursday or friday......

Royksopp
10-19-2011, 01:25 PM

I think this resonates somewhat with the sort of 'elephant in the room' of our campaign- our poll numbers don't jump around, whatever happens. Cain soared in the polls after strong debate performances, Bachmann at first went up but then plummeted, Gingrich seems to be steadily garnering support. Ours however has remained so constant- same as 2007/8.

I think our campaign finds it very difficult to get new voters behind us. It's not online polls that are going to matter come January/February.

SpiritOf1776_J4
10-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Well, as someone else observed, we're the only group of candidate supporters that goes around and complains because the server isn't letting us donate money to it fast enough.

Kindof funny actually. Maybe we should get on everyone else's blogs and post about that.

mannycp
10-19-2011, 01:29 PM
[/QUOTE]
If I have one secret wish, it is that we achieve Herman Cain's Q3 total (2.8).[/QUOTE]

I would love that

blakjak
10-19-2011, 01:33 PM
I am merely saying we are neglecting the grassroots efforts. We see marijuana approval at 50% now. We need to refocus on this and shake the foundations because the establishment will seek to disperse that support. We need to hoist up the sails and grab the wind and send the mainstream into a panic. Paul is front & center, its time to charge in with the Horde.

legalization of marijuana will have virtually zero outcome on the election. it's all about the economy - we are in a midst of a very fragile time in US history.