PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for the spam ...

FriedChicken
10-19-2011, 10:31 AM
This post:

I just got off the phone with a nice chap named David.
He was planning on donating once he got home from work but I told him we're trying to get the chart to spike up to cause some more excitement and reach a million in the next hour.
He was very appreciative of the call and said he would donate on his lunch break in the next few minutes.

This is great for a couple reasons ...
his donation is coming in much earlier so it can snow ball effect.
People who donate early then come home to watch the ticker are 10x more likely to make a second donation.

These calls can translate into a serious increase in donations. Get on the phone! RP2012.ORG

(repeat post)

Was made on several threads.
Perhaps it annoyed a few people, maybe even will get attention from a mod. But the fact remains that if we all stay on this site all day and don't go out to win more and bigger donations we're just running in circles.

Get off this site.
Go promote.

RP2012.org is the best way in my opinion.

CaseyJones
10-19-2011, 10:33 AM
I am ok with it ...

FriedChicken
10-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Made several more phone calls, leaving mostly voicemails but talked to two more people that hadn't donated yet that said they would soon.
Seems like a very productive activity ... anyone want to join me?

rp2012.org

(hope the freaking site starts acting correctly soon.)

dbill27
10-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Great Idea

Bern
10-19-2011, 11:20 AM
I visited rp2012.org. The privacy policy page just redirects to the home landing page. Same for the user agreement. The landing page also doesn't mention anything about how it can help people promote the BTO fundraiser. It only talks about calling Iowans.

I have no idea who built that site, who is operating it, what they are doing with contact info for people who sign up, or how it is supposed to help me promote BTO.

Blankstare
10-19-2011, 11:23 AM
This needs to be a 24/7 thing until the general election is over, and then 24/7 until the re-election is over....

sailingaway
10-19-2011, 11:30 AM
A bunch of people are talking about using the phone from home program as a phone from home bomb as soon as BTO is over.

gb13
10-19-2011, 11:49 AM
A bunch of people are talking about using the phone from home program as a phone from home bomb as soon as BTO is over.

Great idea.