PDA

View Full Version : People don't get it

Sematary
10-19-2011, 08:10 AM
I heard the laughter at the debate (mixed in with applause) when Ron Pauls plan to cut multiple departments, trim the military by 15%, etc... came up.
I don't think people get it. They think THAT is drastic? Wait till they see what we'll have to do if we DON'T do something "drastic" now.

wizardwatson
10-19-2011, 08:17 AM
I hadn't watched any of the debates before, last night was the first one I actually watched.

What astounded me was how absolutely retarded the other candidates acted and spoke. No substance, mudslinging, pandering, it was sickening even though I was laughing almost the whole time (probably partly do to the fact that I was in the chatty). Ron was the only one actually talking/acting like a real presidential candidate. And for this he is ignored?

The fact that these other doofuses are polling higher than Ron is pretty sobering and disheartening. How can people not see this. My only hope is that they are just not paying attention yet, but that's a long hope.

The one thing I did make a decision on is this. If Ron Paul doesn't win the Republican nomination Obama will win with no problem.

Kelly.
10-19-2011, 08:27 AM
reducing debt is now the extreme position in american politics.

prepare accordingly.

ctiger2
10-19-2011, 09:22 AM
I heard the laughter at the debate (mixed in with applause) when Ron Pauls plan to cut multiple departments, trim the military by 15%, etc... came up.
I don't think people get it. They think THAT is drastic? Wait till they see what we'll have to do if we DON'T do something "drastic" now.

What you observed is Normalcy Bias. People just don't understand how dire the circumstances are. They will in a bit though...

Voluntary Man
10-19-2011, 09:35 AM

people act like cattle, then complain that they're treated like property. adulthood has been eliminated: our fellow citizens are children who seek the privileges and security of pets, and shy away from "scary" liberty.

Travlyr
10-19-2011, 09:53 AM
So true. People just do not get it. Thank God, Ron Paul never gave up on us. It is our job to keep spreading the truth anyway. Press on. Honesty, peace, and prosperity ... FTW!

seapilot
10-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Its like laughing at the fireman as they are yelling to the people to get out of the house that is burning.