PDA

View Full Version : When Bachmann and Cain drop out... will the campaign be ready with new ads?

Darin
10-19-2011, 04:05 AM
As candidates start dropping out, running ads showing Paul as a good alternative to them could be huge in gaining more support. I know some people would be opposed to this because there is a great contrast between him and the others. But politically/promotion-ally it could be a good move. And you don't have to draw a total comparison. Just focus on similar issues and views (there are a few!).

For Cain/Bachmann... they're supposed to be Tea Party candidates. If they drop out it would be simple enough to run an ad praising them for their views closer to him and the Tea Party, and then offer him as the alternative. The Father of the Tea Party.

This could probably work when Santorum drops as well, as they could promote Paul as a family man with family values.

Not very specific, but it's just an idea that crossed my mind.

You guys think this is a worthwhile effort? I don't know much when it comes to advertising statistics, so I'm not sure if this would make as big of an impact as the advertising they've been doing. But just gaining a percentage or two from each candidate would be pretty big.

- Darin

jax
10-19-2011, 04:11 AM
As much as I hope cain drops out, I don't see it happening. The media is still pushing him as hard as ever despite two horrible debates in a row

LibertyEsq
10-19-2011, 04:12 AM
Bachmann yea, but I don't think Cain will be dropping out for awhile. Unless he comes in 4th in both Iowa and NH or something

10-19-2011, 06:38 AM
Bachmann yea, but I don't think Cain will be dropping out for awhile. Unless he comes in 4th in both Iowa and NH or something

Cain is going to bomb in NH he'll be close to last. You think the live free or die state wants to pay sales tax? Even frothy knows that.

evadmurd
10-19-2011, 06:40 AM
Cain is not going anywhere. He is the man to beat....at least for now.

V3n
10-19-2011, 07:41 AM
If it looks like he's actually going to win, he'll drop out. He's got no interest in actually winning, just selling books, raising his speaking fees, and trying to get a tv show. If he gets scared that he might actually win, then he'll drop out for some made up reason (I'm guessing health since he has a history and it's completely dignified and respectable to drop out for health).

That or he'll go bankrupt and drop out then.

The debate proved 9-9-9 is a bad idea to a National audience, his time is fading.

gb13
10-19-2011, 07:56 AM
If it looks like he's actually going to win, he'll drop out. He's got no interest in actually winning, just selling books, raising his speaking fees, and trying to get a tv show. If he gets scared that he might actually win, then he'll drop out for some made up reason (I'm guessing health since he has a history and it's completely dignified and respectable to drop out for health).

That or he'll go bankrupt and drop out then.

The debate proved 9-9-9 is a bad idea to a National audience, his time is fading.

I hope you're right about that. I think 999 looked bad last night as well, but all I'm seeing from the MSM is that "Cain held his own, amidst baseless attacks on his wonderful, magical plan to save babies and unicorns".

Johncjackson
10-19-2011, 08:01 AM
Yeah. I was watching the debate and this is what I saw:

Cain and his 999 were attacked by everyone and torn apart. He failed to defend his plan against any real criticism at all. The best he could do was accusing the truth tellers of being liars and just saying they were wrong and he was right.

MSM says something like " Cain took a lot of heat but held his own. He was a winner tonight."

Also, Perry was practically falling asleep, slurring his speech, and missing words as usual. MSM: "After a couple bad debates, Perry really came with a lot of energy tonight!"

LibertyAirwaves
10-19-2011, 08:04 AM
Cain will hang around until the Florida Primary, IMHO. Of Bachmann, Santorum, Gingrich, and Huntsman, I would bet that two of them are gone by Thanksgiving.

lucent
10-19-2011, 08:05 AM
As much as I hope cain drops out, I don't see it happening. The media is still pushing him as hard as ever despite two horrible debates in a row

He has no money to even get delegates.

HeyArchie
10-19-2011, 08:07 AM
They'll all be around until they absolutely can't financially. They're just waiting for someone to slip up BIG time. I think the ads that the campaign are pumping out now would appeal to most of the GOP base fed up with their run of the mill candidate. Just don't show them "Imagine" and we'll be okay.

Darin
10-20-2011, 06:32 AM
You guys have more faith in Cain than I, Haha. I think he'll sink like a stone in a week or so. Hopefully he'll take Perry down with him.

I think at the least Cain will fall, Paul will be 3rd, and trying to get some Bachmann/Santorum/Cain supporters could be the thing to push him to second.

Though honestly, I might like to see them all stay in for the primaries, because I think that will draw out the nomination process. I don't see any candidate winning all the major primaries.

- Darin