PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich *sigh* Palin likes Newt, thinks he won the debate

bluesc
10-19-2011, 12:19 AM
If I didn't support Ron and understand he is the only truth teller, I would agree. Newt is awesome in the debates.

Former Alaska governor Palin discussed the latest GOP debate, the candidates and momentum and more on FOX News' "On the Record With Greta Van Susteren."

"I think we (Republicans) are more interested in substance and that's why like tonight Newt Gingrich again I think did the best because he seems to be above a lot of the bickering that goes on," Sarah Palin told FOX News after tonight's CNN debate in Las Vegas.

Everybody could learn from Newt Gingrich and the way his calm, cool, collected manner. He's kind of seen it all before in this political game, if you will," Palin said about Gingrich's debate skills.

"Newt Gingrich would -- he would clobber Barack Obama in any debate, any forum that had to do with substance when it comes to policy and solutions for the challenges that America faces. Newt Gingrich would clobber Barack Obama. I don't know if he's going to be the one that surfaces as the fortunate candidate who gets to face Barack Obama because unfortunately, in this day and age, sometimes conventional wisdom would dictate that he who has the most money, the campaign dollars, wins. I don't want to believe that this is going to be the case this go-around," Palin said about a debate between Gingrich and Obama.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/10/18/palin_newt_did_well_in_vegas_could_beat_obama_in_a _debate.html

Czolgosz
10-19-2011, 12:21 AM
Yes, Newt is an excellent speaker.

smartguy911
10-19-2011, 12:22 AM
no denying it

Billay
10-19-2011, 12:26 AM
He's a great speaker but does he even have the staff or money to compete?

bluesc
10-19-2011, 12:29 AM
He's a great speaker but does he even have the staff or money to compete?

Did McCain?

I rarely take the other candidates seriously, apart from Romney, but I've been watching Newt like a hawk.

Sola_Fide
10-19-2011, 12:31 AM
There's your future Palin endorsement folks. She will endorse Newt out of "principle".

Billay
10-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Did McCain?

I rarely take the other candidates seriously, apart from Romney, but I've been watching Newt like a hawk.

John McCain was the runner up and next in line. That's how the Republican establishment has been for years.

bluesc
10-19-2011, 12:44 AM
John McCain was the runner up and next in line. That's how the Republican establishment has been for years.

There's the Romney vote and there's the anti-Romney vote. The establishment would feel much more comfortable with Newt being the anti-Romney than Ron being it. That's why we must win Iowa and be sure to watch Newt.

MikeStanart
10-19-2011, 06:46 AM
Yup, Newt will be in the final 3 for sure. He'll either be a potential Nominee, or a potential VP.

Matthew5
10-19-2011, 07:45 AM
IMO, with this quote, Palin basically said she's not supporting Romney (saying it's not about who can raise the money) and said that Newt is on the top of her list. I'm sure she'll wait for Cain to fall and Newt to be the new flavor of the month for Novemeber. :rolleyes:

brandon
10-19-2011, 08:06 AM
I've always really liked Newt's public demeanor and his ability to logically pick apart arguments while avoiding emotion and demagoguery. But last night when he attacked Mitt for Romneycare and Romney pointed out that Newt used to support the mandate as well, I remembered why I hate all these politicians,

ctiger2
10-19-2011, 09:23 AM
Newt will make a fine dictator of a collapsing empire.

flightlesskiwi
10-19-2011, 09:30 AM
IMO, with this quote, Palin basically said she's not supporting Romney (saying it's not about who can raise the money) and said that Newt is on the top of her list. I'm sure she'll wait for Cain to fall and Newt to be the new flavor of the month for Novemeber. :rolleyes:

this. i'm thinking that they'll manage to make him stick, though. :(

sailingaway
10-19-2011, 11:26 AM
People who say whatever sounds good despite the inconsistency in their own records can win a debate -- until you look at records Gingrich doesn't stand scrutiny. Ron does.

There are signs that media will next be pushing newt or santorum. Get those youtubes ready on Newt. Wonder if Palin knows how he feels about global warming? Etc?

EBounding
10-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Wasn't Gingrich the one that said "the era of Reagan is over?" Didn't he appear in a global warming ad with Pelosi? Doesn't he support the health mandate? Didn't he attack Paul Ryan's Medicare overhaul as "right-wing social engineering"? Those things come immediately to mind. Hopefully people aren't easily fooled.

Lucille
10-19-2011, 11:36 AM
"The fact that many half-wits still support Newt Gingrich doesn’t mean that I deserve to have my remaining liberties destroyed if that Georgia demagogue somehow captures power."
--Jim Bovard (http://jimbovard.com/blog/2011/10/19/are-americans-getting-the-government-they-deserve/)

evadmurd
10-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Palin blacked out Ron as well, citing Newt as the only one that "seems to be above the bickering". I don't think I saw Ron yelling or laying hands on his opponents.

Feeding the Abscess
10-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Wasn't Gingrich the one that said "the era of Reagan is over?" Didn't he appear in a global warming ad with Pelosi? Doesn't he support the health mandate? Didn't he attack Paul Ryan's Medicare overhaul as "right-wing social engineering"? Those things come immediately to mind. Hopefully people aren't easily fooled.

In a funny way, Gingrich was right about Reagan (the Reagan era ended essentially when Reagan took office), and Paul Ryan's Medicare overhaul is more or less "right-wing social engineering".