PDA

View Full Version : 2 responses to OWS, can you tell the difference/similarity?

Becker
10-18-2011, 10:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VW3Hx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SzMSV.jpg

Thanks to the people who posted them on this forum, they both have good points. And they don't disagree with each other.

Putting blame and responsibility on corporations who either steal public money or are bailed out for their mistakes, is not the same as blaming them for my own mistakes, or asking to be handed welfare as a compensation. What Wall Street did wrong didn't cause me to make bad decisions, and any of my bad decisions, I don't expect a bail out.

Endgame
10-19-2011, 12:48 AM
http://i.imgur.com/VW3Hx.jpg

[/IMG]

Thanks to the people who posted them on this forum, they both have good points. And they don't disagree with each other.

Putting blame and responsibility on corporations who either steal public money or are bailed out for their mistakes, is not the same as blaming them for my own mistakes, or asking to be handed welfare as a compensation. What Wall Street did wrong didn't cause me to make bad decisions, and any of my bad decisions, I don't expect a bail out.

I was once the kiddie in the first image (my GPA was higher though and I had undergrad 100% covered). All I can say to him is "just you wait". This world will find a way to fuck you. Get far far away from academia. It's toxic. Get that bachelor's first if you must. It just might open a door or two. After that get the fuck out. Your GPA will never matter to anyone who you want it to matter to, in hindsight.

Becker
10-19-2011, 01:00 AM
I was once the kiddie in the first image (my GPA was higher though and I had undergrad 100% covered). All I can say to him is "just you wait". This world will find a way to fuck you. Get far far away from academia. It's toxic. Get that bachelor's first if you must. It just might open a door or two. After that get the fuck out. Your GPA will never matter to anyone who you want it to matter to, in hindsight.

like the sign says, "If I did have debt, I would not blame wall street", even if he/she was scammed by the school system as you suggest, it's not going to be wall street he/she blames.

libertarian4321
10-19-2011, 03:32 AM

He's not saying he expects an easy time just because he gets a degree and a good GPA, though it certainly helps his chances.

The guy not only is working hard and getting his degree, he's also frugal, which is even more important. Those who live within their means are far less likely to find themselves "victims" any time the economy goes south (as it will, on a pretty regular basis).

Despite what you may read, most people do NOT end up bankrupt, long-term unemployed, or in foreclosure. This kid will likely end up in that group that does not fail, and therefore does not blame Wall Street or anyone else.

Becker
10-19-2011, 06:19 PM
He's not saying he expects an easy time just because he gets a degree and a good GPA, though it certainly helps his chances.

The guy not only is working hard and getting his degree, he's also frugal, which is even more important. Those who live within their means are far less likely to find themselves "victims" any time the economy goes south (as it will, on a pretty regular basis).

Despite what you may read, most people do NOT end up bankrupt, long-term unemployed, or in foreclosure. This kid will likely end up in that group that does not fail, and therefore does not blame Wall Street or anyone else.

exactly, he's well aware life won't be fair and society will find a way to f him in the back, doesn't mean he'll automatically blame Wall Street, government or the Fed.