kah13176
10-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Post a poll. I'd say an 8.

Tiger35
10-18-2011, 07:55 PM
In comparison w the previous debates? 8

SchleckBros
10-18-2011, 07:57 PM

I thought this was his best debate. In the first hour he hit home runs with the domestic questions however, he did poorly with the foreign policy question in the 2nd half of the debate. Overall, he did pretty good.

therealist
10-18-2011, 07:58 PM
a solid 9....

therealist
10-18-2011, 07:59 PM
he only did poorly due to audience response, obviously a bunch of die hard pro-Israel lobby neocons

trey4sports
10-18-2011, 08:00 PM
pretty decent. He is not going to be a home run type as we all know, but if he stays away from Bin Laden, and Iran and serves up a bit of red meat then we are good. 7

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-18-2011, 08:01 PM
They were all out offensive on him tonight. They were using very clever word-play, like when the Debate Host Anderson Cooper talked about Ron's cuts to the departments. They portrayed it as very negative, and the audience chuckled. They didn't give Ron a chance to defend himself on that, because they intentionally redirected the question off that shameless pluck.

hazek
10-18-2011, 08:01 PM
Between 8 and 9, closer to 9 and I would never grade it a 10 because no one is perfect.

messana
10-18-2011, 08:21 PM
9. He really needed to point out that he predicted the financial crisis when they were talking about mortgage prices.

His use of using Regan as an example of hostage situations really scared the hell out of me.

10-18-2011, 08:23 PM
This was, without a doubt, one of his best performances. He was smooth, articulate, and he had great substance. He didn't stutter a lot... and everyone on stage agreed with him! Perfect? No, but Ron Paul did very well. I voted "9" as in, Ron Paul gave 9 reasons for 9 major policy points that will get him another 9 percent in the polls. :D :D :D

Plus, the other candidates tore each other apart while Ron Paul had a chance to be the intellectual leader on the stage. Folks, we are doing well right now. We are doing really well. If BLACK THIS OUT is successful, we have a real chance to get a tremendous boost in the polls over the next few weeks.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com DONATE AT 12:01 EST EVERYTHING YOU CAN. FOR LIBERTY!

Esoteric
10-18-2011, 08:24 PM
I'd say he started at a 5, and ended with a 9. Overall, 7.

One Last Battle!
10-18-2011, 08:26 PM
I give him a nine.

He did almost perfectly the whole way through, struck all the right cords, BUT!!!:

At one point Romney bragged about his "plan" to make tiny cuts. He was an incredibly easy target for Ron to say "How much would you cut? Maybe a couple billion? I'd cut a TRILLION in my first year and eliminate the deficit by my second year in office!". Instead, Ron kind of went on about foreign policy and ignored the chance, which wasn't necessarily a bad idea but it was like avoiding a hundred point shot to go for the ten pointer.

Havax
10-18-2011, 08:27 PM
I'll give him a 9-9-9.

FreedomProsperityPeace
10-18-2011, 08:28 PM
I gave him a very high 9. The only thing that kept it from being a 10 was the hostage/Gitmo answers. While he is correct (of course), from a perception and vote-getting standpoint, which is the most important thing right now, it wasn't something that needed to be said.

Korey Kaczynski
10-18-2011, 08:28 PM
This was his best debate he's ever had. #1.

TXcarlosTX
10-18-2011, 08:30 PM
10!!! He is running for the general election!!!

Crickett
10-18-2011, 08:33 PM
I gave him a very high 9. The only thing that kept it from being a 10 was the hostage/Gitmo answers. While he is correct (of course), from a perception and vote-getting standpoint, which is the most important thing right now, it wasn't something that needed to be said.

The problem with that was, that his full answer was drowned out for most of the audience. When he was asked about trading someone in Guatam. for a hostage, he actually said that none of those people had never even been convicted of anything. It was a pwerful answer but no one heard it.

No Free Beer
10-18-2011, 08:34 PM
best debate ever

Crickett
10-18-2011, 08:34 PM

One of his answers gave me chills. It was beautiful. I agree with you. :)

American Idol
10-18-2011, 08:36 PM
This was probably his best debate performance. He was sharp, specific, energetic, classy yet forceful. The other candidates were bickering and cutting each other down. This was a WIN for Ron Paul. 10.

FreedomProsperityPeace
10-18-2011, 08:37 PM
The problem with that was, that his full answer was drowned out for most of the audience. When he was asked about trading someone in Guatam. for a hostage, he actually said that none of those people had never even been convicted of anything. It was a pwerful answer but no one heard it.I don't know...I think people did hear it and didn't like it. There was a smattering of boos that started up right after he said that. A lot of Republicans don't seem to care about trials...if you're labeled a terrorist and thrown in Gitmo, you're a terrorist, and there's little tolerance for questioning that.

LibertyEagle
10-18-2011, 08:38 PM
10!!! He is running for the general election!!!

If you are right, that is a problem. He has to win the Republican nomination first, or there will be no general election for us.

leffewture
10-18-2011, 08:42 PM
I voted 9. Absolutely a win for Dr. Paul tonight. I'm sure he gained some new fans. The 9 was because of the usual speaking flaws, but as we know, Ron has admitted.

"I am an imperfect messenger, but the message is perfect"

10-18-2011, 08:53 PM
A solid 9. One little misstep with the Reagan/Iran/Arms thing.

Most importantly he was the only one who was presidential tonight. The rest bickered back and forth and Ron was calm and collected.

QuickZ06
10-18-2011, 08:53 PM
One of his answers gave me chills. It was beautiful. I agree with you. :)

Same here it was a answer he gave more towards the end but I cannot remember what the question was off the top of my head. A+ debate tonight.

R3volutionJedi
10-18-2011, 08:56 PM
9. What could of put it over to a 10 would be if he took control of the situation during the end. Explained how he was being blacked out, his answer, etc;.... all in all. great night tho.
BTO. We HAVE to make history.

LibertasPraesidium
10-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Best answers and rebuttals with some decent time, not nearly enough to get his points across but he did really well hitting the high points that others missed. ONLY BALANCED BUDGET ON STAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
= 9

iamse7en
10-18-2011, 09:00 PM
8. No big gaffes, some really excellent answers. Just wish he would have interjected more. He can't play by the rules and remain a gentleman forever. He'll come in dead last again in face time. They ask about everyone's plans, talk about housing bubble, and just completely ignore him in any discussion. I'll say this was an entertaining debate. Unfortunately we don't need entertainment. We need Americans to see who understands the constitution, the business cycle, and how we preserve our republic.

Tod
10-18-2011, 09:01 PM
I voted 8, only because he was mentioned a couple time and didn't insist on his speaking time. When he spoke, I was happy! Perfect, no, but darn close.

Brian4Liberty
10-18-2011, 09:02 PM
he only did poorly due to audience response, obviously a bunch of die hard pro-Israel lobby neocons

Unfortunately that effects a lot of the casual fence-sitters, but it actually worked in our favor tonight. Ron got some good audience responses.

dante
10-18-2011, 09:03 PM
I thought this was by far his best debate. Not only did he get a decent amount of time - but his answers were right on target, clear, and succinct. My only complaint was with the foreign policy answers. Instead of bringing in Ronald Reagan and the Iran Contra Scandal he should have made the point that we give more foreign aid to Israels enemies combined than we do to Israel. So cutting out all foreign aid is a net win.

LopTarDaBoo
10-18-2011, 09:11 PM
He had some really good answers but still let his thoughts wander too much for the average person.

I think his polite manner and hesitance to interject helped this round. The Perry/Romney/Santorum mudslinging was not making any of them look good.

Shame on CNN for wasting so much of the "debate" on 30 second ad-hom responses.

BuddyRey
10-18-2011, 09:15 PM
He charged up that gym class rope and rang the LIFE outta that bell!!! 10/10, best debate ever!!!

Esoteric
10-18-2011, 09:33 PM
I just wish there was a neutral audience.. It was stacked with morons I mean mormons.

ClayTrainor
10-18-2011, 09:35 PM

This was definitely up there with his best. The foreign policy segment, was amazing.

V3n
10-18-2011, 09:39 PM
NAILED ALL THE THINGS!!!!

there are no other candidates. NO ONE BUT PAUL!

Dissident
10-18-2011, 09:55 PM
9/10

Had Dr. Paul emphatically proclaimed "I am the only candidate who predicted the financial crisis. I was out on the Congressional floor since 2001 explaining in detail of the massive real estate bubble being created by the Federal Reserve and government policies," I would give him a near perfect score.

If the campaign has strategically advised him to save this for later then I can understand. At some point though, he needs to say it. The general public is largely unaware of how accurate Ron has been and how oblivious the other candidates were and still are.

Kevin_Kennedy
10-18-2011, 09:57 PM
I gave him a 9 because of the whole Reagan comment, but he really had a great debate.

Standing Liberty
10-18-2011, 10:10 PM
This one was one of his better performances. He hit every question with clear and concise answers. However, the establishment neocon republicans are too brainwashed to accept the truth. I think CNN knew how well he was doing, thus cutting him short. Almost seems like they cut the debate short just to avoid anymore of his exposure. They even left out the 2nd Amendment questions, which would hurt Mitt and Cain.

LawnWake
10-19-2011, 02:45 AM
Amazing debate, really. This is gonna do wonders for the money bomb. He wasn't at his most elonquent and stumbled a bit, especially near the end, but my God, he said the most Ron Paulian things using the most Republican language. We've had a couple of candidates openly agreeing with them, he's agreed with Newt and he got a lot of nods from Romney and Santorum (!!!).

My optimism went up by a lot.

BUSHLIED
10-19-2011, 04:06 AM
One of Ron's better debates! The audience wasn't that bad...Ron is clearly miles ahead of the rest...only if he was given more time and more questions...