PDA

View Full Version : At 12:01 am on Oct 19th, Ron Paul will receive my entire paycheck!

qwerty
10-18-2011, 01:54 PM
35 years ago a man came to Washington with one message – restore liberty. Over the succeeding years this humble man has been ridiculed, ostracized, laughed at, and probably most painfully of all – outright ignored. Yet he has never ever wavered from this message.

Think about that for a minute.

Here’s a man who had no hope of ever getting heard – of ever getting credit – of ever accomplishing anything – yet he never gave one inch. Never compromised. Never thought of himself or his legacy. How many of us here could have stood amongst these cretins in Washington – selling their souls and climbing the power ladder - for so long? Without getting co-opted. Without giving up and going home. Without softening the message. Without going off on some half crazed rant that would surely have ended our political career.

The word greatness is thrown around way too much nowadays. I believe we are all witnesses to greatness here. Ron Paul defines greatness. I think about all this man has endured over those 35 years - all for me and my liberty - and I can’t help but break down and cry.

Ron Paul says that this is not about him. He says it’s about the message and that he was just lucky enough to come around at the right time and be a spokesman for the cause. He is right, of course. The message of liberty will endure long after he and you and I are long gone. But he is also, very very wrong. I believe when all is done, this man will have saved a nation – check that – saved a world.

What price can one put on saving a world? One lousy paycheck? Please. My sacrifice for this man is paltry. Our founders pledged their LIVES, their FORTUNES, and their SACRED HONOR. Now THAT’s a pledge!

If you are wrestling with how much to give this October 19th, might I suggest this rule of thumb. Determine how much will completely devastate you and your family for more than a month. Then DOUBLE it. Look your daughter … or your son … or your grandchild squarely in the eye, then ask yourself how much is their future worth to you today?? How much temporary pain are you willing to accept now, so that they can still live in a country that cares about freedom? How much are you willing to die, that they might live? The answer is easy, is it not?

Who here will stand with me? Who here will rise up, throw off the manacles that bind us to our lame excuses, and make this OUR day? Who here will look the person in the mirror and say “If not me, who? If not now, when?” Who here will lay it all on the line for a man who deserves nothing less?

Before Ron Paul, I never gave a dime to another politician. To Ron Paul – I would lay down my life. Will you?

http://www.dailypaul.com/183386/at-1201-am-on-oct-19th-ron-paul-will-receive-my-entire-paycheck#comment-1923889

Legend1104
10-18-2011, 04:20 PM
For a second there when I saw that you were posting this, I thought you may have moved to the U.S.