PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Track Insists Illegals Are Their Only Employees for Dirty Horse Care

AuH20
10-18-2011, 01:34 PM
:D

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/10/18/2011-10-18_horse_sense_stable_owners_insist_foreign_worker s_are_needed_for_dirty_jobs_nyers.html

silverhandorder
10-18-2011, 01:57 PM
How is that possible? I am not against them getting visas but still that is such a bs argument.

LoneWolf
10-18-2011, 02:16 PM
The farmers in Alabama said the same thing about mexicans being the only ones who would pick tomatoes yet they showed a video of black and white americans doing the job.

Icymudpuppy
10-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Apple orchards in Central Washington State are offering $150/day to pick apples. They are seriously understaffed for harvest.

Zippyjuan
10-18-2011, 03:42 PM
interesting to see how "foreign workers" in the actual article and its headline became "illegals" here. If they have legit work permits, they are not "illegals".

Belmont stable owners insist foreign workers are needed for dirty jobs that NYers refuse to do

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/10/18/2011-10-18_horse_sense_stable_owners_insist_foreign_worker s_are_needed_for_dirty_jobs_nyers.html#ixzz1bAj8NQ uj

dannno
10-18-2011, 04:01 PM
The farmers in Alabama said the same thing about mexicans being the only ones who would pick tomatoes yet they showed a video of black and white americans doing the job.

I've only seen Mexican/latino immigrants in the fields here in CA.

FreeTraveler
10-18-2011, 04:04 PM
interesting to see how "foreign workers" in the actual article and its headline became "illegals" here. If they have legit work permits, they are not "illegals".

That's extremely tacky on the part of the OP. Would Ron Paul approve of such blatant misdirection?

pcosmar
10-18-2011, 04:48 PM
I've only seen Mexican/latino immigrants in the fields here in CA.

Perhaps now.
My wife tells me of traveling with her first husband, and the kids picking crops as a migrant up and down the west coast.
Most of his family did so. I remember hearing the same here in Michigan from other folks. (back when I was a kid)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaI5IRuS2aE

MelissaCato
10-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Evidently this article is directed to non track workers and the not so horsey people. The horses backside are not owned by the tracks, they are owned by individuals. The track doesn't pay the backside groomers, hotwalkers, runners, horse care, training, jockeys, vet bills or even feed the horses. Individual owners do themselves or their selected trainers. I don't see how officially any racetrack can make that statement. And dirty horse ? That must be the catch phrase for a hotwalking horse or is it muckin stalls. Pethetic. Tracks don't pay those people except maybe in the receiving barn, how many people does it take to muck a 40 horse barn ? Gezzz That track should elect a new spokesman, dirty horse ? Self inflicted insult there, horses shit too. PN is the crappiest track in the nation and all our horses are clean. WTF Belmont.

dannno
10-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Perhaps now.
My wife tells me of traveling with her first husband, and the kids picking crops as a migrant up and down the west coast.
Most of his family did so. I remember hearing the same here in Michigan from other folks. (back when I was a kid)

I'm guessing that was before food stamps.