PDA

View Full Version : If I See One More Person Get Banned From DailyPaul For Promoting BTO...

Jake Ralston
10-18-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm gonna lose it. Just sayin'.

CaptainAmerica
10-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Hey, thats fine,let them come over to a place where freedom of speech is respected more.

erowe1
10-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Looks to me like it's getting promoted there pretty well. Maybe someone got banned for some other reason.

qwerty
10-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Forget daily paul and promote it on Ron Paul FB wall!!! :)

Jake Ralston
10-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Looks to me like it's getting promoted there pretty well. Maybe someone got banned for some other reason.

Yea not to sure, but perception is reality. I can say for a fact that one of the most prestigious BTO promoters on this forum was banned there a few weeks ago.

10-18-2011, 12:41 PM
I think you are all preaching to the choir. I have to believe anyone who is going to DP or here knows about BTO.

erowe1
10-18-2011, 12:44 PM
but perception is reality
Not when people perceive things wrongly.

And, not that I don't trust your opinion, but aren't you the guy who thinks I'm a troll?

bluesc
10-18-2011, 12:44 PM
I think you are all preaching to the choir. I have to believe anyone who is going to DP or here knows about BTO.

So why isn't there 170,000 pledges? Moar promotion.

Chainspell
10-18-2011, 12:46 PM
this is not the time for division...

Invi
10-18-2011, 01:02 PM

Do you intend to annoy all of the sites' users into donating?
Some people can't. If it is to the point they are banning people for promoting a moneybomb for Paul, on a Paul-oriented site, it has probably reached spam level. If that is the case, you've probably already made it known to most of the users.

I know about it. I can't donate being that I'm not sure I can make all my bills this month. I'm not the only one in this position, thus there not being 170k pledges.

speciallyblend
10-18-2011, 01:06 PM
i contacted the owner of dp and asked what is up!! who was banned? i go to dp and see bto everywhere.

PastaRocket848
10-18-2011, 01:15 PM
When i first got back into the swing of things for this campaign season i went to DP first. Last cycle i split my time 50/50 between DP and here. i was shocked to see what the place has turned in to. it has become little more than a conspiracy site with a ron paul theme. i honestly believe DP is doing more harm than good these days... i'll stick to the forum with the (mostly) reasonable thinkers...

libertarian4321
10-18-2011, 01:16 PM

There are a lot of people who know about it, and will donate, but just don't bother to "pledge."

I just pledged a few minutes ago, but most times I don't, even though I always donate.

specsaregood
10-18-2011, 01:19 PM
What is a bto?

bluesc
10-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Do you intend to annoy all of the sites' users into donating?
Some people can't. If it is to the point they are banning people for promoting a moneybomb for Paul, on a Paul-oriented site, it has probably reached spam level. If that is the case, you've probably already made it known to most of the users.

I know about it. I can't donate being that I'm not sure I can make all my bills this month. I'm not the only one in this position, thus there not being 170k pledges.

I haven't been promoting there at all. I've been promoting elsewhere.

That's 170,000 unique users per month. Many of them might not have seen it yet. If people want to promote something that is key to getting Dr. Paul elected on a website that only exists due to Dr. Paul, I don't see a problem. If the owner actually asks people to stop, or if there is a rule somewhere stating that people can't promote it, then I'd want people to stop. I'm sure many people would leave the DP if it ended up like that, so the owner won't do it.

So, I don't see the problem.

r3volution
10-18-2011, 01:35 PM
who was banned ? that may shed a bit more light on the subject .

hueylong
10-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Who needs you promoting BTO on Daily Paul? How about promoting it somewhere that we don't already have covered 12 ways from sunday?

HeyArchie
10-18-2011, 01:42 PM
There are a lot of people who know about it, and will donate, but just don't bother to "pledge."

I just pledged a few minutes ago, but most times I don't, even though I always donate.
Same. I never pledge, always attend FB event, always donate.

That's just how I roll. I feel strange pledging for some reason.