PDA

View Full Version : Rob Stein is terrified of what he calls ' the "Libertarian-Religious-Tea Party Alliance"

sailingaway
10-18-2011, 11:20 AM
How dare we get along?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rob-stein/post_2549_b_1016839.html

And did you know that when libertarian/religious people run for office it is the 'hijacking' of the process?

Today, the Libertarian-Religious-Tea Party Alliance is a consciously strategic federation of separate, but inter-connected, wings of a potent right-wing political machine that is energized by the frightening uncertainties of the economic downturn, mobilized in rigid opposition to a President they cannot abide, emboldened by confrontation with some of their historic allies within the broader Republican conservative movement, and fueled by a new avalanche of post-Citizen's United-inspired financial resources.

Its political power has risen rapidly and dramatically. In just the past twelve months, the GNAs' successes have affected virtually every nook and cranny of American politics - sweeping victories in the 2010 Congressional and state elections, grid-locked legislative stand-off with Congressional Democrats and President Obama, scorched earth political wars in Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana, New Jersey and other states with overwhelming Republican elected majorities, and a dramatic hijacking of the current Republican Presidential Primary process through the candidacies of Rick Perry, Herman Cain, Michelle Bachmann, Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum.

While Mitt Romney, or some other (although that increasingly seems unlikely) theoretically more "moderate" candidate, may emerge within the next six months from the Republican primary process, the unmistakable tone, substance and aura of the Republican primaries thus far overwhelmingly has hewed to the Libertarian-Religious-Tea Party rhetoric and agenda.

much more at link. They guy is quaking, but they define libertarianism as Libertarianism as defined by the Kochtopus organizations, Cato, etc. .

Cleaner44
10-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Moderates can blow me!!!

No One But Paul!

NeoconTea
10-18-2011, 11:26 AM
LOL I like how neo-Rubiocon and Liberal Perry are the two "darlings of the GNA".

sailingaway
10-18-2011, 11:33 AM
LOL I like how neo-Rubiocon and Liberal Perry are the two "darlings of the GNA".

Yeah, and the front groups are the grass roots. They are darlings of the front groups. The author has the tip of the tail of the right idea, but still can't see past Washington Think where those with the cameras and mics speak for the whole.

specsaregood
10-18-2011, 11:43 AM
The point of the entire article is at the end.

A Moment Of Choice

Given these realistic and dire possibilities, Democrats, moderate Republicans and Independents who value a healthy, competitive economy, a competent government, and a society respectful of the dignity of each human being have a critical choice to make.

Either, we can align ourselves into our own new powerful coalition to promote our core values, counter the views and positions of the GNA, and leave the door open for responsible members of the GNA to join with us whenever possible.

Or, we can continue to focus on our differences with one another, squander our opportunities for cooperation, reject our own leadership responsibility to build a strong, secure and just America, and stand by while the GNA doggedly refuses to secure America's economic competitiveness and methodically dismantles the pillars of our democracy.

The "Occupy" banner that is sweeping the county, and now maybe the world, is not just about corporate greed and illegality in financial service companies, not just about inequality, not just about the failure of Republicans and Democrats to counter the power of organized wealth. Those certainly are powerful elements of the message.

But the loudest canary in the "occupy" mine is reminding us that we have reached a pivotal moment when least government, least taxes and least regulation will not rebuild America and provide a better quality of life for generations to come.

A healthy, mature and growing America requires strong and honest companies, competent, truth-telling government, informed and engaged citizens, and a spirit of collective action that transcends narrow philosophy, rigid ideology, the politics of demonization, and the unraveling of our constitutional protections.

"Occupy", at its core, is purely and simply a reasoned call to action for political and economic sanity.

The choice could not be clearer. Time is of the essence.

Don't ponder the thought of perhaps finding common ground with the subversives on the right wing; no, you must stay on the left side because the right is bad. In the end, this article is an attempt at co-opting, divide and conquer.

leffewture
10-18-2011, 12:35 PM
so basically he is afraid of our movement. the people who are not ignorant to our countries problems. the people who see establishment puppets when we see them.

I feel like we're on the verge on an explosion... for real. in the next month I think we'll hit 20%+

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-18-2011, 12:36 PM
He isn't afraid of this movement, he's just so ignorant towards right-wing political parties, that he would rather vote Left-Wing regardless of the consequences.

10-18-2011, 12:47 PM
we have reached a pivotal moment when least government, least taxes and least regulation will not rebuild America and provide a better quality of life for generations to come.

Bullshit it won't. I'm glad they are scared.

speciallyblend
10-18-2011, 12:48 PM
i left a comment it made it thru I am for this new alliance over the status quo obama/bush 2012 bendover. follow the constituti­on and balance the budget and pro civil liberties and stop spending more then you take in .ooo the horror.

bottom line for this country and the gop. If the gop does not nominate Ron Paul 2012. The gop and obama zombies will elect obama/bush 2012 bendover!! Ron Paul Bring Our Troops Home or Obama Bring Our Troops Home or Status Quo GOP Bring Our Troops Home . The only one left with credibilit­y is Ron Paul 2012 Bring Our troops Home over obama/bush 2012 status quo!! Ron Paul 2012

Schiff_FTW
10-18-2011, 12:49 PM
I don't think he has much to worry about. Most "religious" and "tea party" voters are anything but conservative.

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-18-2011, 12:50 PM
I don't think he has much to worry about. Most "religious" and "tea party" voters are anything but conservative.

Bingo. I hope everyone understands what Shiff_FTW means by this. :)