PDA

View Full Version : A Ron Paul email I wrote

flightlesskiwi
10-18-2011, 09:44 AM
feel free to pass this along!!

Warning: to those of you who are a-political, this is, obviously, a political email. Forgive me for the intrusion, but I am passionate about this, and I wanted to share.

Points I'd like to make:

Ron Paul is NOT a politician, Ron Paul is a Statesman. http://www.ronpaul2012.com/

*NO other GOP presidential candidate is talking about LESS GOVERNMENT and LESS GOVERNMENT spending! How much less? 5 federal departments and 1 trillion dollars less WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR of a Ron Paul Presidency!

*Ron is the ONLY GOP candidate who will BRING OUR TROOPS HOME. Dr. Paul is an Air Force veteran, and he understands the need for a STRONG NATIONAL DEFENSE-- militarism, military spending and nation-building abroad in places such as Uganda, Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan do not provide for a strong defense here in America.

*Ron is the ONLY GOP candidate who PREDICTED THE FINANCIAL CRISIS (as early as 2001-- you want proof? go to youtube and type in "ron paul predicts financial crisis"). How could he do such a thing? Ron Paul studies Austrian economics (mises.org for more information) and he understands that inescapable economic fact called "the business cycle". He also understands (unlike mainstream/Keynesian economists) that deficit spending does NOT stimulate the economy!

*Because of his voting record in Congress Ron Paul has been given the nickname "Dr. No". Ron Paul considers that his every "no" vote is, in fact, him voting YES to the Constitution.

*Ron Paul is the LEADER of the charge to audit and end the Federal Reserve. Ron Paul was espousing the horrendous effects of the Federal Reserve System long before it was popular. Newt Gingrich, after the Bloomberg presidential economic debate even called Ron "the pioneer" of looking at the Federal Reserve System. As you will see, Ron believes in the concept of competitive currencies. Want more information? http://www.ronpaul2012.com/

*Ron Paul, is polling 3rd in the race for the GOP nomination. Amazingly, Dr. Paul has been given the least amount of time of all the candidates during the presidential debates (http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articles/study-ron-paul-allotted-least-amount-of-speaking-time-at-gop-debates/ ), and he has been given the least amount of media coverage (http://caivn.org/article/2011/10/18/pew-study-confirms-mainstream-media-ignores-ron-paul ). Is there something that the main stream media doesn't want us to know about him? Perhaps that he is NOT part of the establishment, and that the status quo cannot shake Ron Paul.

*Though it's not included in the plan, I'd like everyone to know that Ron has stated that as President, he would support a "Liberty Amendment" (imagine that, a constitutional amendment-- the way changes to our constitution are SUPPOSED to be done-- not through regular legislation, regulations and judicial activism) that would ABOLISH THE IRS and DO AWAY WITH the INCOME TAX. 9-9-9? how about 0-0-0???

*Dr. Ron Paul is the only candidate that has a solid 30-plus year record. He doesn't flip-flop on the issues. He sees the his role as an elected public servant through the lenses of the Constitution. This is why he has been called The Champion of the Constitution.

Again,
Ron Paul is NOT a politician, Ron Paul is a Statesman.

I say it's high time we get off our duffs, stop letting the main stream media pick our candidates for us, and start working towards Constitutionally-restricted government, Restoring our Freedoms, and a Sound Monetary Policy!

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, Ron Paul is electable!! He has been elected to the U.S. House of Representatives 11 times!!

Ron Paul for President in 2012!! Restore America Now!! http://www.ronpaul2012.com/

We CAN do this, and we MUST for our future, and for the future of our children!!!

Dr. Paul's full plan can be found here: http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/ron-paul-plan-to-restore-america/ The following is just a snippet:

Ron Paul Announces Ambitious ‘Plan to Restore America’
Realistic solutions to spending, tax challenges
LAKE JACKSON, Texas – The Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign announced the release of Dr. Paul’s “Plan to Restore America,” an ambitious federal government spending, tax and reform blueprint that as President he will implement.

The plan, authored by Paul’s campaign staff at his direction, promises to restore the federal government to its former Constitutionally-limited, smaller-government and less-burdensome place. The plan cuts $1 trillion in federal spending during the first year of a Paul Presidency and delivers a balanced budget in year three of a Paul Presidency.

“Ron Paul’s plan is the only one that seriously addresses the economic and budgetary problems our nation faces. It cuts $1 trillion in one year, and slashes regulations and taxes so our economy can grow and create jobs,” said Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton, a plan co-author.

“It’s the only plan offered by a presidential candidate that actually balances the budget and begins to pay down the debt. And it’s the only plan being offered that tries to reign in the Federal Reserve and get inflation under control.”

Cuts totaling $1 trillion during the first year of a Paul Presidency would be achieved by eliminating five federal cabinet departments – the Departments of Energy, Housing and Urban Development, Commerce, Interior and Education. Cuts of this scale will also be accomplished by a Paul Presidency abolishing the Transportation Security Administration and returning responsibility for security to private property owners, abolishing corporate subsidies, stopping foreign aid, ending foreign wars, and returning most other spending to 2006 levels.

Romulus
10-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Boy, that Cain chainmail really rubbed you the wrong way huh. :)

It's about time they get a dose of the truth. - Nice job.

+ rep

dannno
10-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Did you send it out yet? There's a typo in one of the first sentences (presidency instead of presidential)

Otherwise it looks really good :)

flightlesskiwi
10-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Boy, that Cain chainmail really rubbed you the wrong way huh. :)

It's about time they get a dose of the truth. - Nice job.

+ rep

well, considering that i've gotten chainmails about Bachmann, Perry and Cain, i figured i'd attempt to start my own about Dr. Paul.

here's to trying! :o although, i'm pretty sure not many people will forward it. at least, not many (if any) on my email list.

thanks for the rep.

donnay
10-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Very nice! +rep

flightlesskiwi
10-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Did you send it out yet? There's a typo in one of the first sentences (presidency instead of presidential)

Otherwise it looks really good :)

unfortunately, already sent. i know about the typo. *yikes!!!* i found two other grammatical errors besides that after i sent it. UGH! (i'm definitely not perfect!!)

thanks.

speciallyblend
10-18-2011, 12:20 PM
you should make a tiny url with a good title, would be easier to spread thru twitter and fb

flightlesskiwi
10-18-2011, 05:23 PM
bump for the night crew.

and bump for the person who responded to my email with "you are wasting your time, you really need to find something better to do". (no, really, that's what he responded with)

NO ONE BUT PAUL!!!!!!

donnay
10-18-2011, 05:28 PM
bump for the night crew.

and bump for the person who responded to my email with "you are wasting your time, you really need to find something better to do". (no, really, that's what he responded with)

NO ONE BUT PAUL!!!!!!

Is this person named Dan? :D

Don't let them get you down...they are just jealous that people like us have passion and enthusiasm, and are willing to get off our arses and actually do something to restore Liberty!

dannno
10-18-2011, 05:31 PM
bump for the night crew.

NO ONE BUT PAUL!!!!!!

Sounds like they think racing around in a contrived rat maze that is about to be flushed down the toilet is better to do.

flightlesskiwi
10-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Is this person named Dan? :D

Don't let them get you down...they are just jealous that people like us have passion and enthusiasm, and are willing to get off our arses and do actually do something for the cause of Freedom!!

must be something with males that have names beginning with "D"! his name is Darrel and he's my dad's age. (aka an older than me concern troll)

thanks for the encouragement!!

[besides, my barometer is usually: if my husband is not stepping in to calm me down over my out-of-control efforts, i'm not being insanely crazy in them. (and the hubs even passed this along when he got it, so all is well)]

dannno
10-18-2011, 06:29 PM
must be something with males that have names beginning with "D"!

I don't think so :eek: