green73
10-18-2011, 08:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKl0YIDTBfw

zerosdontcount
10-18-2011, 08:16 AM
thanks buddy

bb_dg
10-18-2011, 08:24 AM
good interview, I hope Doug Wead prepares him well from possible attacks.

JohnGalt23g
10-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Excellent interview!!

hazek
10-18-2011, 08:30 AM
I'm furious right now! Fking furious!! :mad:

He's got an important debate in the evening and somehow, somebody thought that waking him up early to do a pre morning show was a good idea?!?!! WHO THE FUCK HAD THIS STUPID IDEA?! Fk what little media publicity he's going to get from this idiot time slot, if he then get's tired, looks bad and isn't sharp during the debate?!

W T F!

limequat
10-18-2011, 08:31 AM
Sleep on the plane?

king_nothing_
10-18-2011, 08:31 AM
Maybe he'll take a nap beforehand. Calm down, lol.

TheViper
10-18-2011, 08:34 AM
Hazek, he didn't have to accept the interview so early but what did bother me is that half her line of questions was about Cain and 9-9-9.

Keep in mind that 5:45 AM in Vegas is 7:45 AM at his home in Texas. So it wont' feel as early to him as the time suggests.

freeforall
10-18-2011, 08:34 AM
She attacked Cain for him and he continued to talk about the real issues re: the 999 pan. I love that about him!

Carehn
10-18-2011, 08:35 AM
That went well.

bluesc
10-18-2011, 08:36 AM
"See, we are talking about Ron Paul" - an idiot.

Good interview.

freeforall
10-18-2011, 08:38 AM
Do you think any other candidate has supporters that care about their rest and well being as much as Ron Paul's supporters?!

Plague-of-Locutus
10-18-2011, 08:39 AM
He did well. He got to talk about Social Security being left alone, about the promise to those that depend upon it and how he will honor that. He also got to speak to most people before they go to work which is another good thing. It was pretty much a home run on all of his AM interviews.

TheDriver
10-18-2011, 08:41 AM
Wow! Nice interview!

hazek
10-18-2011, 08:50 AM
Wow! Nice interview!

BULLSHIT! They woke him up at 5:45am, who the fuck watches TV that early, or if they do, are capable of even digesting what they see and then they spent half their time asking about Cain Nein Nein Nein?! If I was Benton I would have never in a million years book an appearance this early on the morning of a debate day, fking EVER!

Do you think any other candidate has supporters that care about their rest and well being as much as Ron Paul's supporters?!

And that's only because when it comes to Ron in his age the difference in how he looks and how he communicates is NIGHT AND DAY between when he is rested and when he is not! Any competent campaign management would fking understand this by now.

EDIT: I'm furious beyond belief right now :mad: Not only do we have this humongous obstacle of the MSM propaganda machine working against us EVERY fking STEP OF THE WAY, nooooo.... we have to help out and shoot our selves in the foot too. :mad: :mad:

TheViper
10-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Hazek, I already told you to consider time zones. 5:45 AM in Vegas in 7:45 in Texas (his home state) and 8:45 AM on the east coast.

So a lot of people were likely up watching that.

hazek
10-18-2011, 09:02 AM
So a lot of people were likely up watching that.

I'd like to see proof of that it was also aired on the east coast and I might consider I overreacted a little bit. But still, Ron absolutely needs his rest on a debate day, without exception!

I mean fuck man, is it really this hard to think about this rationally? :mad: ?!

On one hand he gives a 5min interview so fking early half or more than half the country probably still sleeps but then he is tired, looks horrible and can't think sharp in the debates that are probably at least 50 times more influential than a 5min 5:45am interview and on the other hand he misses a 5min 5:45am interview but looks great, sounds great, is sharp during the debate?! FFS think with your heads plz!

icon124
10-18-2011, 09:06 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhh all people do is bitch here. I know we are the crowd that really never gets what we want...but damn stop the bitching and deal with the decisions.

realtonygoodwin
10-18-2011, 09:08 AM
You are being awfully emotional for an INTJ

bluesc
10-18-2011, 09:09 AM
I'd like to see proof of that it was also aired on the east coast and I might consider I overreacted a little bit. But still, Ron absolutely needs his rest on a debate day, without exception!

I mean fuck man, is it really this hard to think about this rationally? :mad: ?!

On one hand he gives a 5min interview so fking early half or more than half the country probably still sleeps but then he is tired, looks horrible and can't think sharp in the debates that are probably at least 50 times more influential than a 5min 5:45am interview and on the other hand he misses a 5min 5:45am interview but looks great, sounds great, is sharp during the debate?! FFS think with your heads plz!

Relax. It was aired across the nation. Most of the CNN people have been in Nevada for the last day for the build up to the debate, that's why it was early there. It's pacific time.

Plague-of-Locutus
10-18-2011, 09:09 AM

Not to throw it back into your face, proof of what you are accusing would be nice too, heh.

RP constantly drums the message of merely passing along the message and allowing others to choose. He will take every opportunity he can to do this. Morning, noon or night. Every interview is an opportunity during a media black out.

hazek
10-18-2011, 09:12 AM
You are being awfully emotional for an INTJ

Wrong. I'm actually perfectly calm sitting in my chair. I only sound emotional because that is how the majority of you understand this world and I'm trying to communicate with you my strong disapproval of the campaign management. I know perfectly well that if I try to reason, if my writing style is calm, without smiley faces showing anger, if I use logic and reason I will never reach anyone. My best shot at giving my posts any meaning at all is to act like a crazy person furious about what just happened.

mwkaufman
10-18-2011, 09:13 AM
People complaining about him being awake are really reaching. Older people need less sleep than younger people and if he normally wakes up at 5am anyways it's a complete non-issue.

hazek
10-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Not to throw it back into your face, proof of what you are accusing would be nice too, heh.

RP constantly drums the message of merely passing along the message and allowing others to choose. He will take every opportunity he can to do this. Morning, noon or night. Every interview is an opportunity during a media black out.

If you are new around here you have no business in trying lecture me. Why? Because you don't even know how humongous the difference between a rested Ron and a tired Ron is during the debates?! You don't know how much more important it is to shine during the debate instead of having a 5min appearance on national tv?

hazek
10-18-2011, 09:16 AM
People complaining about him being awake are really reaching. Older people need less sleep than younger people and if he normally wakes up at 5am anyways it's a complete non-issue.

Riiiiiiiiight, just don't be surprised when he looks like he's been hit by a truck during the debates and sounds like he can't produce a single coherent sentence.

lucent
10-18-2011, 09:17 AM
I'm furious right now! Fking furious!! :mad:

He's got an important debate in the evening and somehow, somebody thought that waking him up early to do a pre morning show was a good idea?!?!! WHO THE FUCK HAD THIS STUPID IDEA?! Fk what little media publicity he's going to get from this idiot time slot, if he then get's tired, looks bad and isn't sharp during the debate?!

W T F!

If Ron Paul didn't want to do the interview, then he wouldn't have done it. Do you think he is a child or something?

bluesc
10-18-2011, 09:18 AM
If you are new around here you have no business in trying lecture me. Why? Because you don't even know how humongous the difference between a rested Ron and a tired Ron is during the debates?! You don't know how much more important it is to shine during the debate instead of having a 5min appearance on national tv?

Dude, wtf? I only joined in August but I was supporting Ron back in '07. Just because he is new doesn't mean he knows any less than you do. You are the one acting hysterical.

He makes a very good point. This is a media blackout, and Ron just came out with a huge economic plan. Any promotion chance is a good one.

hazek
10-18-2011, 09:19 AM
If Ron Paul didn't want to do the interview, then he wouldn't have done it. Do you think he is a child or something?

Are you stupid? Do I have to spell it out for you?

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT HE WANTED, HE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO WAKE UP WITHOUT GETTING THE REST HE NEEDS TO BE SHARP AND LOOK GOOD IN THE DEBATES, PERIOD.

Zarn Solen
10-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Ron Paul will be fine.

hazek
10-18-2011, 09:20 AM
Dude, wtf? I only joined in August but I was supporting Ron back in '07. Just because he is new doesn't mean he knows any less than you do. You are the one acting hysterical.

He makes a very good point. This is a media blackout, and Ron just came out with a huge economic plan. Any promotion chance is a good one.

Yes any promotional chance is good EXCEPT WHEN IT DIRECTLY HURTS A BIGGER PROMOTIONAL CHANCE. Why is it so hard to grasp what I'm so desperately trying to communicate?!?!!?!?

hazek
10-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Ron Paul will be fine.

I'll bump this when the debate begins to tell you "I told you so.".

bluesc
10-18-2011, 09:22 AM
Yes any promotional chance is good EXCEPT WHEN IT DIRECTLY HURTS A BIGGER PROMOTIONAL CHANCE. Why is it so hard to grasp what I'm so desperately trying to communicate?!?!!?!?

You've communicated it, wtf do you expect people here to do about it? Do you expect anyone is able to stop Ron doing something? After he came out with his plan, he got very few interview invitations compared to someone like Cain, and the campaign took them. There is plenty of time to nap.

Stop with the fucking caps.

low preference guy
10-18-2011, 09:22 AM
hazek, you're annoying as fuck.

your communication efforts are failing miserably.

Zarn Solen
10-18-2011, 09:23 AM
Go ahead. I will be working.

low preference guy
10-18-2011, 09:24 AM
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT HE WANTED, HE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO WAKE UP WITHOUT GETTING THE REST HE NEEDS TO BE SHARP AND LOOK GOOD IN THE DEBATES, PERIOD.

he shouldn't have been allowed? by whom? who does RP ask permission to wake up and go to a T.V. show?

Plague-of-Locutus
10-18-2011, 09:24 AM

Have you looked at network viewership ratings at all ? CNN comes in pretty near last when it comes to almost anything in the primetime slot, even in these debates. There is a larger possibility that a larger audience views RP during a morning interview before work than during primetime when they are tired, irritated and want to watch their favorite TV show before going to bed.

Lafayette
10-18-2011, 09:25 AM
he shouldn't have been allowed? by whom? who does RP ask permission to wake up and go to a T.V. show?
Carol? :D

hazek
10-18-2011, 09:25 AM
hazek, you're annoying as fuck.

The truth usually is.

You've communicated it, wtf do you expect people here to do about it?

You are actually right. This is a waste of my time. I'm over and out of this thread.

low preference guy
10-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Carol? :D

well, SOMEBODY better call Carol and GIVE HAZEK THE PHONE@!!!!11111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!

sailingaway
10-18-2011, 09:30 AM
What was this, about two in the morning?

I agree that this right before the debate wasn't the best idea. That is when he needs to be energetic, and fit as he is, even a much younger person would be drained after a middle of the night interview.

I know he wanted to get eyes on this, though.

I suspect that even if he doesn't win he wants to have forced examination of this plan, because it is the only one out there to really turn the country around, at this point. He cares about the country, and wants his plan to be out there for adoption even if he doesn't win.

And then again, there's the amount of time he gets in debates, in any event.... although with the two studies that came out on him getting the least of all time in debates AND the least of all coverage in mainstream media, they might give him time .... on stupid topics.

Apparition
10-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Never too early for a great interview.
Homerun.

whippoorwill
10-18-2011, 09:32 AM
" Its despotic "- Murry N. Rothbard

Apparition
10-18-2011, 09:33 AM

5:40 Pacific... which is 7:40 Central / 8:40 Eastern.
No big deal at all.

He'll get his Luby's fix at 4:00PM, take a nice little nap, and wake up just in time to roll out of bed and put on his scrunchy suit and take the rest of the GOP to task as always.

Everyone calm down. =)

lucent
10-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Are you stupid? Do I have to spell it out for you?

So you think he is a child. Should they threaten to ground him if he gets up too early?

Diashi
10-18-2011, 09:34 AM
It was nice to hear him say that his staff were paying attention to us and encouraging Paul to be aggressive. Looks like there's no convincing him otherwise. Paul is who he's always been. :cool:

Seth
10-18-2011, 09:37 AM
I'm sure he will have plenty of time to nap once the debate starts.

bluesc
10-18-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm sure he will have plenty of time to nap once the debate starts.

Truth.

LibertasPraesidium
10-18-2011, 09:49 AM
The nap comment was a stab at his age. I'm only irritated that she or he never mentioned the biggest thing that could garner support imho. $39,000 as president? NO ONE will ever copy that.

Other than that and a bit of pushing to get him to talk about other candidates; it was a good interview.

specsaregood
10-18-2011, 09:51 AM
I agree that this right before the debate wasn't the best idea. That is when he needs to be energetic, and fit as he is, even a much younger person would be drained after a middle of the night interview.

It was't that early, I'm sure he is use to being up this early already. This happened to be right in the time when all the older people are watching the news.

undergroundrr
10-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Sweet interview with a delightful interviewer. Don't know about you, but I think starting the day like that would be energizing.

Plenty of time for a nap. Plus, I promise you RP has better health and more stamina than most of the people sitting in front of their keyboards racking up tens of thousands of posts on this forum.

LisaNY
older people, especially older men, tend to wake up early and nap during the day. My husband is 50 and gets up at 4:30 a.m. sharp every morning.

LawnWake
Not everything is an attack on Paul. People bitch and whine about Paul not getting any decent interviews and here we go, he has an amazing one and people still bitch about it.

Paul is a big boy, if he thought it would hurt his debate performance, he would've declined.

TheViper
10-18-2011, 09:55 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/viperempire/Calm2.jpg

Tina
10-18-2011, 10:00 AM
He is so cute and sweet!! Love me some Ron.:p

Brian4Liberty
10-18-2011, 10:01 AM
It was interesting when Ron said that Herman Cain had to be very political to have his positions at the Federal Reserve. That would also apply to a lot of his background in working his way up the ladder at different corporations. Doing that requires being very political (i.e. kissing the asses of those above you, never questioning the current status quo, etc.) An establishment kind of guy.

iamse7en
10-18-2011, 10:30 AM
"So, you see, we are talking about Ron Paul." I know I shouldn't hate anyone, but I hate her.

Fermli
10-18-2011, 10:36 AM
"So, you see, we are talking about Ron Paul." I know I shouldn't hate anyone, but I hate her.

this is all i could think about during the interview. lol

Eric21ND
10-18-2011, 11:14 AM
Great interview for Ron. And older folks tend to wake up way early 3:00-5:00am so hopefuly they were watching that interview.

seapilot
10-18-2011, 11:34 AM
These interviews about the economic plan are excellent for Ron Paul to get his ideas out to people. They can spin it anyway to make him look bad but hes heard it thousands of times and ends up hitting it out of the park. Finally getting an economic plan out there to discuss really shapes the discussions in RP favor. Its going to make people think a lot and that is what is needed today.

D.A.S.
10-18-2011, 12:36 PM
These interviews about the economic plan are excellent for Ron Paul to get his ideas out to people. They can spin it anyway to make him look bad but hes heard it thousands of times and ends up hitting it out of the park. Finally getting an economic plan out there to discuss really shapes the discussions in RP favor. Its going to make people think a lot and that is what is needed today.

This was one fantastic interview! Hope the older crowd saw it on TV.

Jeremy Tyler
10-18-2011, 12:47 PM
posting to watch later

hazek
10-18-2011, 07:16 PM
I apologize to anyone I was rude to in this thread. Ron looks pretty good, sounds pretty good and even though I'm usually very critical of his debate performances I'm very happy with how he's doing so far tonight.

So I apologize again, I was wrong, you all were right.

low preference guy
10-18-2011, 07:26 PM
I apologize to anyone I was rude to in this thread. Ron looks pretty good, sounds pretty good and even though I'm usually very critical of his debate performances I'm very happy with how he's doing so far tonight.

So I apologize again, I was wrong, you all were right.

give me back that rep then

(joking)

hazek
10-18-2011, 07:27 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to low preference guy again.