PDA

View Full Version : The Turning Point for Ron Paul

Danjlion7
10-18-2011, 07:27 AM
Is it just me, or does the fact that Rush Limbaugh praised Ron Paul's bold economic plans translate into a major turning point for the campaign? If Rush continues to make mention of this, and if Paul declares that Rush support what Paul plans to do, this is going to put the campaign into overdrive.

iamse7en
10-18-2011, 07:32 AM
Unfortunately, the Rothschilds and Rockefellers won't let that happen. But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the ride.

asurfaholic
10-18-2011, 07:33 AM
Id be more convinced of this if Rush continued the good treatment. Right now I am not so sure...

Hopeful though..

Birdlady
10-18-2011, 07:34 AM
Could be the old bait and switch tactic... Just watch!

Sorry if I sound pessimistic, but this stuff happened last time and every supposed ally we had in media, turned on us at a pivotal moment.

Elwar
10-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Rush understands that the other candidates are just tinkering with their claims of "cutting waste" or ending entitlements as a solution to our fiscal mess.

But Rush always pushes "three legs" of conservatism. Low taxes, low spending and a strong defense. Rush does not believe that Ron Paul is strong on defense because he does not support going out and bombing brown people.

Danjlion7
10-18-2011, 07:39 AM
I understand that, but rush effectively said Paul plans to cut the military budget and never said anything negative about this, instead calling the entire package one of his own ideas. He then pretty much backhands Romney and Cain. If rush continues to push this, this could be very very very big . . .

smithtg
10-18-2011, 07:40 AM
Rush understands that the other candidates are just tinkering with their claims of "cutting waste" or ending entitlements as a solution to our fiscal mess.

But Rush always pushes "three legs" of conservatism. Low taxes, low spending and a strong defense. Rush does not believe that Ron Paul is strong on defense because he does not support going out and bombing brown people.

to some degree I feel rush talks less warmongering than Hannity which is reasonable and the war drums arent really what Rush's audience want to hear at this point in the campaign. Of course as soon as someone else running copies Ron's ideas for the budget, it will become their idea and Rush will praise and forget about Ron

Workguy23
10-18-2011, 08:28 AM
I sometimes get the feeling that "they" are kinda waiting to see what's going to happen with Paul and doing all they can to co-opt as much of his ideas as they can and present a candidate that is...anyone but him. Perry and Bachman are the best examples, and now with Cain. Meanwhile they subtly push Romney as the eventual nominee, (see the SNL skit) But I get the feeling, the Dems, in co-opting, the 99%er movement will HAVE to push someone other than Obama, and they KNOW this...I see Hillary coming in, Rick Perry style with rhetoric that DOES NOT match her background at all...women will fall for it (noting the lack of women support for RP) and, it will once again divide the whole liberty movement. I wonder if when it's all said and done if it would come down between someone like Hillary and Dr. Paul.

Danjlion7
10-18-2011, 08:39 AM
I suppose anything is possible, but my jaw just about hit the floor when I heard Limabugh speak about Paul. And he spent a good 5-10 minutes on the subject. If this does not galvanize the GOP base, I don't know what will . . .

cero
10-18-2011, 08:41 AM
http://images.wikia.com/austinpowers/images/f/fe/Themole.jpg

Danjlion7
10-18-2011, 08:43 AM
http://images.wikia.com/austinpowers/images/f/fe/Themole.jpg

Who? Me? I was making youtube videos for Ron Paul back in 2007, some of which got over 20,000 views.

cero
10-18-2011, 08:45 AM
Who? Me? I was making youtube videos for Ron Paul back in 2007, some of which got over 20,000 views.
haha no worries I'm also optimistic about the Rush endorsement of Ron's Econ plan

Danjlion7
10-18-2011, 08:48 AM
haha no worries I'm also optimistic about the Rush endorsement of Ron's Econ plan

LOL. Okay! Yeah, I think it's a HUGE break through. I hope Paul nukes the debate tonight with the economic plan and then Rush talks about it on his show tomorrow. That would be big!