PDA

View Full Version : The Restore America Plan: DEA?

idiom
10-17-2011, 11:53 PM
Is the DEA zeroed out in this or not? The Justice department gets frozen and four sub-departments are eliminated?

I am assuming that ending the war on drugs hasn't been factored into this baseline and won't be until after the nomination is won?

archangel689
10-18-2011, 12:05 AM
Although I don't think it would happen overnight, I think there would be more cuts made than people realize. What everyone seems to fail to realize is that the president appoints the heads of a lot of these ABC agencies. If you want to cut funding massively, you just have to appoint people who will do nothing but work to neuter the organization. Just because the pentagon is given money doesn't mean it actually has to be spent. I'm sure Ron's appointments to these organizations would be focused on eventually closing most of them.

gb13
10-18-2011, 12:27 AM
I think it would be too controversial for him to champion eliminating the DEA while trying to win the GOP primary. He's got to choose his battles wisely at this point. We all know where Ron stands on this issue, and knowing he is a very honest man, I have full faith that eliminating the DEA will be on his overall agenda.

itsnobody
10-18-2011, 12:29 AM
No see here for details http://c3244172.r72.cf0.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/RestoreAmericaPlan.pdf

idiom
10-18-2011, 05:37 AM
It was more a technical question. I read through the PDF and couldn't decipher if the DEA was part of the eliminated sub-departments or not. I don't understand the structure of the DoJ very well.

However, dropping it will cut $2 Billion and bring $64 Billion + onto the GDP books.