PDA

View Full Version : Daily Caller: Rush Limbaugh is right about Ron Paul! - by Jack Hunter

Matt Collins
10-17-2011, 10:01 PM
SPREAD IT AROUND!!!!

http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/17/rush-limbaugh-is-right-about-ron-paul/

Blankstare
10-17-2011, 10:04 PM
A broken clock is right twice a day.

cero
10-17-2011, 10:13 PM
A broken clock is right twice a day.
fucking read the article

"This is a monumental revelation that could feasibly help return the Republican Party to its conservative roots. Saying “see, I told you so” does none of the parties involved any good. But remembering “the way things ought to be” could save conservatism, and with it, this country." -Jack hunter

that is the truth right there

civusamericanus
10-17-2011, 10:46 PM
This is as close as we're going to get to an official endorsement from Rush Limbaugh, he threw Ron Paul a bone and his LOYAL audience will give Ron Paul a fair listen to tomorrow.

Could Limbaugh know this will never gain any support, but could move the party in the right direction, sure... But it could also be the moment everything changes, and I could care less if Limbaugh gets some credit for it, I just want to see Ron Paul break through this barrier we have been pounding on for years!

Otherwise, they will have to face the fact, we're not the 99% or the 53%, but we sure as hell are the 8-10% that will vote No One But Paul, and if they truly care about their country, they're either with us or against us, and if they're against us, then they only have themselves to blame, when they elect Obama for 4 more years.

iamse7en
10-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Jack Hunter has a gift of writing succinctly and convincingly. I didn't think much of Rush's comments today, but his column made me at least take a second look. Let's be honest, Rush would never promote Paulian conservatism. As is evident, he is Bush Republican. But still, this is a great article to share with your neocon friends who are influenced by El Rushbo. I was once one of them.

slamhead
10-18-2011, 01:39 AM
I sent this to Rush.

I grew up listening to you with my father but I felt your views strayed and
got sucked into the neo-con way of thinking. This article touched a cord
with me as I feel the same way. Don't get me wrong Rush as I have always
known you to speak the truth but if want to change all this then get behind
the only candidate we have all been screaming for no matter how quirky or
"unelectable" others want to paint him. He like you has been speaking the
truth for many years and he like you has inspired millions.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/17/rush-limbaugh-is-right-about-ron-paul/

Sola_Fide
10-18-2011, 03:52 AM
I think Jack is being a little too optimisic....but great article to share anyway.

dante
10-18-2011, 05:45 AM
I think Jack is being a little too optimisic....but great article to share anyway.

I'm not sure that Jack is being too optimistic. I can remember during the Bush presidency that Rush was not happy with all the big government spending introduced (No child left behind, medicare expansion etc...) he grudgingly went along with it. Hopefully Rush is seeing the light about how un-conservative the 'frontrunners' are.

ZanZibar
10-18-2011, 08:16 AM
I think Jack is being a little too optimisic....but great article to share anyway.Of course Rush endorsed it, according to Rush it was his idea to begin with ha ha ha

TonySutton
10-18-2011, 08:24 AM
Jack is smart, he is trying to build bridges.

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-18-2011, 08:26 AM
Rush Limbaugh can be right very often. Practicing what you preach is far different. Obama preached many good things during his campaign, much of which I feel none of us would disagree with. Following up on those statements (which they didn't), proves leadership, and earns trust.

Rush attempting to convince thousands that the idea was stolen, denied him any credibility of it ever being his. If it is his, I'd like to see this idea he created and that Ron Paul stole. If it doesn't exist, more than likely it's a "Wahhh Pity Me, and Condemn Ron Paul" statement.

klamath
10-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Yeaw there is a difference between Rush endorsing RP's economic plan and endorsing RP. Foreign policy and social issues stand in the way. However this is the best possible area for Rush to endorce RP's plan because the economy is the most important issue to the voters.

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-18-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm not fooled easily, it's possibly very clever word-play for manipulative and selfish intentions.

Here's a dialogue, of how Rush could manipulate the viewers, into actually not supporting Ron Paul.

Ron: Here is my economic plan.

Rush: To all my listeners--Ron Paul's economic plan is the best one i've seen. However, i created it first. You should continue to support me, and condemn Ron Paul for stealing my almighty plan that I created.

Rush Listener: That damn Ron Paul! It sounds so good, but I can't support a man that steals! He's a dishonest lying piece of dirt!

Ron: Here's more details to my Restore American Now plan.

Rush: The plan is excellent, but it was my plan first. Don't be fooled by this man America! He wants to destroy the Republican Party! Remember when I told you all that!?

Rush Listener: Ron Paul is a unpatriotic! He is a coward that doesn't support the wars or America! And he steals great economic plans from other GOP Candidates and Republicans such as Rush.

Ron: ...sigh

Establishment: Muahaha.

If you think this is unlikely, I suggest you (we) analyze most supporters of other candidates.

Danjlion7
10-18-2011, 08:41 AM
You guys are pretty negative . . .

I think Limbaugh saying what he did about Paul is about the best darn thing that could have happened . . .

Seriously, smile a little.

EBounding
10-18-2011, 08:44 AM
Rush obviously likes the plan, he's just frustrated that it's coming from Paul and not a "real conservative".

Dear Rush,

RON PAUL IS A CONSERVATIVE. Get over it.

Todd
10-18-2011, 08:58 AM
You guys are pretty negative . . .

I think Limbaugh saying what he did about Paul is about the best darn thing that could have happened . . .

Seriously, smile a little.

I'll smile and be happy when in two weeks the media is giving Paul the credit he deserves for this plan and Paul get's a huge bump.

But I won't be surprised that in two weeks it will be Perry or Cain or Gingrich who presents their economic dynamo plan which is the spittin' image of what Paul calls for.....and the media will be all over it as a revelation for that candidate. Paul who?

wstrucke
10-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Ron MUST get in to the debate tonight. He can no longer sit idly by and allow himself to be ignored. Now is the right time.

EBounding
10-18-2011, 09:08 AM
But I won't be surprised that in two weeks it will be Perry or Cain or Gingrich who presents their economic dynamo plan which is the spittin' image of what Paul calls for.....and the media will be all over it as a revelation for that candidate. Paul who?

That's what I'm worried about too. Limbaugh will be like "Oh what a great conservative plan Perry/Cain/Gingrich made! Doobah Doobah!"

Now, ideally it wouldn't matter who comes up with the plan. But the reality is we know Paul's the only one with the consistency and conviction to actually pursue it to make it happen.

klamath
10-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Ron MUST get in to the debate tonight. He can no longer sit idly by and allow himself to be ignored. Now is the right time.
+1

jmdrake
10-18-2011, 09:45 AM
fucking read the article

"This is a monumental revelation that could feasibly help return the Republican Party to its conservative roots. Saying “see, I told you so” does none of the parties involved any good. But remembering “the way things ought to be” could save conservatism, and with it, this country." -Jack hunter

that is the truth right there

+rep! Anyone who knows me knows that I'm neither a Michael Savage nor Rush Limbaugh cheerleader. But when within a few weeks timespan one all but endorses Ron's foreign policy and the other plainly endorses Ron's spending policy (and embraces the cuts to foreign aid and war funding as well) we need to embrace and jump on this! Really, right now letting your conservative friends know that Rush Limbaugh said Ron Paul's economic plan is the only one that even comes close to what this country needs is one of the most important things you can do. When they say "Yeah...but his foreign policy" point out that even Rush Limbaugh sees cuts in foreign policy spending have to be part of the equation. Take the fight to the enemy. But realize who the enemies are. They're names are Romney, Cain, and Perry. The rest of the field are wannabe's and/or has beens. And the talking heads in the media are tools. We need to use those tools.

Cleaner44
10-18-2011, 09:46 AM

It is my belief that Ron has purposefully been biding his time.

jmdrake
10-18-2011, 10:05 AM
I sent this to Rush.

Ummm....kay. Here's what I sent.

Dear Rush. I was pleasantly surprised to hear your comments about Ron Paul's economic plan. As a Paul supporter I am thrilled
by the plan, but of course that's to be expected. I think we are currently spending ourselves into oblivion the same way that the
Soviet Union was tricked into spending itself under the economic table. Across the board cuts that have no sacred cows are the
only way forward. The liberals always say "We won't cut social spending because you won't cut the Pentagon or foreign aid".
Ron Paul's plan takes away that lame excuse. And getting rid of whole agencies which do little more than burden down the
economy and confuse the American people with endless regulations is awesome. Privatizing the TSA? Music to my ears.
I heard you say these were your ideas? Well fantastic! I don't care where good ideas come from as long as they get done.
What's the saying about great minds thinking alike? Anyway, thank you for shaking things up a bit. Those in the GOP who
are really repulicrats in disguise must be shaking in their boots right now.

Yeah I'm ego stroking. Yeah it goes against my nature. But I get the feeling I need to do that about now.

Lymeade-Lady
10-18-2011, 11:39 AM
Great article!

John F Kennedy III
10-18-2011, 11:55 AM
This is as close as we're going to get to an official endorsement from Rush Limbaugh, he threw Ron Paul a bone and his LOYAL audience will give Ron Paul a fair listen to tomorrow.

Could Limbaugh know this will never gain any support, but could move the party in the right direction, sure... But it could also be the moment everything changes, and I could care less if Limbaugh gets some credit for it, I just want to see Ron Paul break through this barrier we have been pounding on for years!

Otherwise, they will have to face the fact, we're not the 99% or the 53%, but we sure as hell are the 8-10% that will vote No One But Paul, and if they truly care about their country, they're either with us or against us, and if they're against us, then they only have themselves to blame, when they elect Obama for 4 more years.

What would happen if we all threatened to vote for Obama if they don't nominate Ron?

John F Kennedy III
10-18-2011, 12:00 PM

This. He has to take it upon himself to let everyone know this is his plan so that it will be harder to steal. And if they do steal it he needs to call them on it every chance he gets.

John F Kennedy III
10-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Ummm....kay. Here's what I sent.

Dear Rush. I was pleasantly surprised to hear your comments about Ron Paul's economic plan. As a Paul supporter I am thrilled
by the plan, but of course that's to be expected. I think we are currently spending ourselves into oblivion the same way that the
Soviet Union was tricked into spending itself under the economic table. Across the board cuts that have no sacred cows are the
only way forward. The liberals always say "We won't cut social spending because you won't cut the Pentagon or foreign aid".
Ron Paul's plan takes away that lame excuse. And getting rid of whole agencies which do little more than burden down the
economy and confuse the American people with endless regulations is awesome. Privatizing the TSA? Music to my ears.
I heard you say these were your ideas? Well fantastic! I don't care where good ideas come from as long as they get done.
What's the saying about great minds thinking alike? Anyway, thank you for shaking things up a bit. Those in the GOP who
are really repulicrats in disguise must be shaking in their boots right now.

Yeah I'm ego stroking. Yeah it goes against my nature. But I get the feeling I need to do that about now.

+ rep

Carole
10-18-2011, 01:04 PM
What would happen if we all threatened to vote for Obama if they don't nominate Ron?

They would be happy as clams. It would only give them an excuse to further the "regressive" agenda that both Dems and Repubs really want. :)

They do not actually care who the President is, so long as he goes along with the status quo.

Never would they be happy about a Ron Paul presidency. It would mark the end of their steal from the people games. :mad:

angelatc
10-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Maybe we should send him flowers.

Havax
10-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Saw my father today and he will now be voting for Ron Paul because of this plan. He brought it up unsolicited and said he just agrees that we need to make serious changes and get rid of these wasteful departments. Made me very proud...shows what a concrete plan can do.

growburn13
10-18-2011, 01:16 PM
It is my belief that Ron has purposefully been biding his time.

I concur. With as little time Ron had in the first hour of the Dartmouth debate, I was ok with it because all of the other candidates looked like a bunch of children bickering over who got more cookies than them. Couldn't help but think maybe everything is going according to plan.