PDA

View Full Version : Nobody but paul -- new poll!

tremendoustie
10-17-2011, 08:39 PM
This poll is intended only for those who plan to vote for the republican nominee only if it's Paul (or perhaps Johnson).

Based on this poll: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?318200-Attention-Media-and-GOP-quot-No-one-but-Paul-quot-POLL-ADDED this should include well over 90% of the forums.

Please select one option for the 2000 general elections, and one for 2004.

Thanks!

jene277
10-17-2011, 09:04 PM
Recently converted ex-neocon here! It was political debates with my neocon ex-boyfriend that made me realize I wasn't a neocon. One day I told him that I think I was going to hop on the Ron Paul wagon since Ron shared a lot of my social and very fiscally conservative views (you know, what Conservatives USED to be). He was utterly disgusted with me and it snowballed from there. Nine months later and here I am!

He's not my ex because of my love for Ron Paul, but that would be an awesome reason LOL!! I make sure I keep all of the Ron Paul links that I post on my FB wall public, just for him kekeke!

tremendoustie
10-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Recently converted ex-neocon here! It was political debates with my neocon ex-boyfriend that made me realize I wasn't a neocon. One day I told him that I think I was going to hop on the Ron Paul wagon since Ron shared a lot of my social and very fiscally conservative views (you know, what Conservatives USED to be). He was utterly disgusted with me and it snowballed from there. Nine months later and here I am!

He's not my ex because of my love for Ron Paul, but that would be an awesome reason LOL!! I make sure I keep all of the Ron Paul links that I post on my FB wall public, just for him kekeke!

Awesome story! :)

I'm a converted ex-neocon also -- I came around about 4 years ago. I voted for Bush twice (I'm not so ashamed of the first vote, when he was promising economic liberty and a humble foreign policy -- but there's no excuse for the second).

This time around, it's NOBP (or Johnson) for me.

It's always fun to hear stories about how people came to support freedom/liberty.

bunklocoempire
10-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Hello, I'm Bunkloco and I'm a recovering apathetic neocon voter, it's been seven years since my last apathetic vote, and I've been in recovery since October '07.

*group in monotone*

"hi bunkloco"

One apathetic vote is too many.

A thousand apatheic votes is not enough.

Bunkloco :D

klamath
10-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Can't vote in this poll because Johnson to me isn't any better than bachmann.

bunklocoempire
10-17-2011, 09:21 PM

I believe the poll you are looking for is down the hall...

Bunkloco

tremendoustie
10-17-2011, 09:23 PM

No, I want to include people who will only vote for Paul, not Johnson! I edited the OP, hopefully it's clearer now.

Feelgood
10-17-2011, 09:27 PM
I used to be Hannitized,
I've since been sanitized.
Enough with the Hannity insanity.

Yea, I'm an ex-neocon as well. It was actually my hatred of, and being screwed by the IRS that turned me onto Ron Paul.

klamath
10-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Awesome story! :)

I'm a converted ex-neocon also -- I came around about 4 years ago. I voted for Bush twice (I'm not so ashamed of the first vote, when he was promising economic liberty and a humble foreign policy -- but there's no excuse for the second).

This time around, it's NOBP (or Johnson) for me.

It's always fun to hear stories about how people came to support freedom/liberty.You really weren' t a neocon if you voted for Bush because of his humble foreign policy statements. A neocon would not have voted for Bush because of that. I hope you feel better about your past:)

tremendoustie
10-17-2011, 10:31 PM
You really weren' t a neocon if you voted for Bush because of his humble foreign policy statements. A neocon would not have voted for Bush because of that. I hope you feel better about your past:)

Thanks, but those weren't my reasons, otherwise I wouldn't have voted for him in '04. It's pure post-rationalization on my part. ;) The truth is I didn't come around on foreign policy until '07 or so.

rambone
10-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Ex-neocon here. I got into politics because I supported gun rights. Naturally I always leaned toward the "Red Team" of the false Left-Right Paradigm. I let my mind get numbed for a few years listening to Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Mark Levin. Then I got active on an internet forum with a strong libertarian contingent. I started realizing how different I was from the rest of the neocons. I wanted liberty, and lots of it. I stopped making excuses for the neoconservative doctrines and went full blown libertarian. And now that I understand the Establishment and their methods, there is absolutely no way I can support another Establishment Republican. Ron Paul has been a voice in the wilderness for longer than I've been alive, and it is an honor to be a lead campaigner for him in my county on his final run. RON PAUL OR BUST!!

tremendoustie
10-18-2011, 06:16 AM
Bump for more votes.