PDA

View Full Version : Was Paul's 1 trillion dollar spending cuts big enough?

Agorism
10-17-2011, 08:36 PM
How long until Bachmann or Santorum or Cain come up with a trillion in cuts or something that supposedly does that much?

LibertyEagle
10-17-2011, 08:39 PM
It would be hilarious to watch them try.

Lord Xar
10-17-2011, 08:41 PM
I will bet you that if Cain came out with his "economic plan", it would be plastered ALL OVER THE NEWS....
Paul's plan would be like "huh, never heard of it.. but boy o' boy, love that 999 Cain plan..."

The fact that this plan is NOWHERE in the MSM is such a fucking tragedy.

The machine is well-oiled, powerful and in the business of sucking us dry. I hope revolutionPac is contacting those damn billionaires...

eduardo89
10-17-2011, 08:43 PM
Cain will compliment his 9-9-9 plan with 999 billion in cuts.

rich34
10-17-2011, 08:44 PM
There's no way they could do it. Their focus would be mainly social spending because they're "tough on terror" and there just simply not enough money to even come close. And if they want to cut it out of SS good luck to em on that...

spudea
10-17-2011, 08:46 PM
not a chance. no other candidate is gonna call for eliminating 5 departments, ending all the wars and militarism, ending all foreign aid. You can't get to 1 Trillion any other way.

Okie RP fan
10-17-2011, 08:48 PM
It's important that we spread this plan to everyone. Because we know the media won't. And by the time people start hearing about it, Santorum or Bachmann will come out with a similar plan and people will be giving them credit.

Bern
10-17-2011, 08:48 PM
SS, medicaid, defense. You can't cut >$1T without committing to some significant cuts to the big 3. And when we're talking cuts here, we're not talking about decreasing the rate of expected increase either. Let's be real people. None of the other candidates is going to propose anything close to Ron's plan. The only person who even came close was Rand Paul's $500B proposal.

Number19
10-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Here's the heart of my campaign : A New Direction For Rejuvenating the Economy and Restoring Prosperity; http://harper4congress.com/platform/; The two fit together like gloves. We just need the the other tea party patriots articlating the message as forcefully

CJLauderdale4
10-17-2011, 09:34 PM
It was perfect.
Where we have GOP candidates speaking of tax reform, we finally have one that produces a spending plan first, and in true budgetary style at that (not some lame list of bullets that mean nothing to anyone).

Don't talk to me about tax reform until you talk to me about spending reform!!

10-17-2011, 09:37 PM
The plan will be out there tomorrow night. Don't worry about that. It's as simple as Ron mentioning it during the debate.

Rudeman
10-17-2011, 09:38 PM
They'll probably make deficit reduction claims in the same way that congress does. I'd be surprised if anyone else offers any significant real cuts.

iamse7en
10-17-2011, 09:46 PM
As he said referencing the 5 departments being cut, "It's a good start."

Brett85
10-17-2011, 09:54 PM
Yes, I think that cutting 1 trillion in a year is enough. Did people expect him to come out with a proposal to abolish the entire government in a year?

low preference guy
10-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Yes, I think that cutting 1 trillion in a year is enough. Did people expect him to come out with a proposal to abolish the entire government in a year?

no, no one expects Paul to abolish the entire government.

CJLauderdale4
10-17-2011, 09:57 PM

Best thing is, Ron's making all Tea Partiers, especially those that are really followers of the neo-con hijacking, put their money where there mouths are and read a budget that REALLY represents spending cuts. Even Rush Limp-bone had to compliment Ron today, right before he said Ron stole the plan from him....

mport1
10-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Yes, he should have gone for $3.82 trillion (entire federal spending), but $1 trillion is a start :)

FSP-Rebel
10-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Yes, he should have gone for $3.82 trillion (entire federal spending), but $1 trillion is a start :)
Annoying statement coming from an Anarch but true in essence.

Keith and stuff
10-17-2011, 10:18 PM
I doubt any of them with call for even 25% of the cuts that Ron Paul has called for. I highly doubt Ron Paul will actually be to implement all of those spending cuts in his first year, though. It's true that Gary Johnson called for cutting spending by a lot more than Ron Paul but the media ignores him so it doesn't matter.

Brett85
10-17-2011, 10:19 PM

I would settle for a budget that spends about 1 trillion a year. That would be somewhere around a 75% reduction in the size of the federal government.

RonRules
10-17-2011, 10:20 PM
The Cain plan simply re-arranges the income stream, but where are the cuts? Has he mentioned ANY cuts?
We're still going to run $Trillion+ deficits with the Cain plan.
Have ANY republicans proposed SPECIFIC cuts like Ron has?

mport1
10-17-2011, 10:24 PM
The Cain plan simply re-arranges the income stream, but where are the cuts? Has he mentioned ANY cuts?
We're still going to run $Trillion+ deficits with the Cain plan.
Have ANY republicans proposed SPECIFIC cuts like Ron has?

Specific cuts mean lost votes and special interest money. Of course they won't propose any substantial specific cuts. People like vague cuts. They don't like it when something they like or something that affects is proposed to get cut.

TheViper
10-17-2011, 10:28 PM
Calling Ron Paul's plan not enough to too conservative is like stabbing yourself with a lance and then complaining that you didn't stab yourself deep enough.

Paul4Prez
10-17-2011, 11:06 PM
No one else will come close to a trillion in cuts. They will try to paint it as unrealistic and excessive instead. But one trillion less than Obama is spending is pretty modest.

The FY2012 budget calls for 3.7 trillion in federal spending.
Cutting 1 trillion, back to 2.7 trillion, would match the FY2007 budget, just 5 years ago.
Don't let liberals or independents trash Paul for destroying government -- he's not taking it back to pre-Civil War levels, he's just taking it back to pre-bailout levels.
We still had way too much government spending in FY2007.