PDA

View Full Version : CNN Poll

sailingaway
10-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Ron in 4th with 9%

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/66147.html

Romney gets 26 percent of the vote, Cain gets 25 percent, and Perry gets 13 percent.

Ron Paul is in fourth place, at 9 percent, Newt Gingrich gets 8 percent, Michele Bachmann 6 percent, Rick Santorum 2 percent and Jon Huntsman 1 percent.

The number of undecideds, including those who would vote for someone else or no one else, is 10 percent - a relatively small number.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/66147.html#ixzz1b3Zc1g2B

But also:

Two-thirds of Republicans say minds are not made up

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/17/cnn-poll-two-thirds-of-republicans-say-minds-are-not-made-up/

bluesc
10-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Need to watch Newt. Sneaky guy.

JamesButabi
10-17-2011, 10:28 AM

Hes in big financial trouble. The people voting in the polls aren't supporting him financially. We could really use his support down the line before the primary.

kazmlsj
10-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Mitt Romney, Herman Cain tied nationally, CNN poll shows

I do not trsut any of it...nationally, really? Nobody polled me or my family - three voters in this household who would vote for Ron Paul.

CNN - I refuse to take this as a serious news source - it's a business tat depends on investors who are most likely not friends of Ron Paul's .

JohnGalt23g
10-17-2011, 10:40 AM

Newt is one of the most brilliant political actors I've seen in my lifetime. To his eternal discredit however, are his appetites. His flaws will forever prevent him from reaching the pinnacle.

robmpreston
10-17-2011, 10:42 AM

I do not trsut any of it...nationally, really? Nobody polled me or my family - three voters in this household who would vote for Ron Paul.

CNN - I refuse to take this as a serious news source - it's a business tat depends on investors who are most likely not friends of Ron Paul's .

Give it a rest dude. Everybody said the same things last election and the polls were for the most part correct. We have a lot of work to do.

evadmurd
10-17-2011, 10:45 AM
give it a rest dude. Everybody said the same things last election and the polls were for the most part correct. We have a lot of work to do.

a lot

bolidew
10-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Perry is basically 2nd tier now. Now only if his fundraising also dries up.

John F Kennedy III
10-17-2011, 10:55 AM
Give it a rest dude. Everybody said the same things last election and the polls were for the most part correct. We have a lot of work to do.

What makes you think they were "correct for the most part" last election?

speciallyblend
10-17-2011, 10:59 AM

the gop establishment are the problem. We are battling organized corruption within the gop!!! that is the bottom line.

JohnGalt23g
10-17-2011, 11:00 AM

They were. Both public and internal polling in Iowa, NH, and Nevada all showed us outperforming the polls by 1-4 points, but all were within normal statistical ranges.

Disputing polls that you don't like is loserspeak.

tfurrh
10-17-2011, 11:06 AM
They were. Both public and internal polling in Iowa, NH, and Nevada all showed us outperforming the polls by 1-4 points, but all were within normal statistical ranges.

Yeah, its losery to not trust corporate media....what a loser man. God, why don't you become a winner and believe everything CNN tells you.

All the dude said was he didn't trust them....I don't either. AND THATS NOT LOSER.

zerosdontcount
10-17-2011, 11:16 AM
The polls were right when including margin of error, CNN may be corporate media but their polls have proven accurate.. over and over again

10-17-2011, 11:20 AM
The polls are likely a little off. I believe the RCP average is 2-3 points low because the demographics that RP is strongest in don't have landlines.

This isn't enough to win. The media is without a doubt conspiring to black out RP. But the polls are not fixed. We need to accept that and work harder.

Right now the race is in a holding pattern as Cain is exposed for the insider he really is and not the political neophyte he is portrayed as. Once that myth is busted and Cain is exposed for the Koch brothers shill he really is, then this is a Paul vs Romney race like we all figured from the beginning.

tfurrh
10-17-2011, 11:21 AM
The polls were right when including margin of error, CNN may be corporate media but their polls have proven accurate.. over and over again

Its still not loserspeak to question or not trust CNN. If CNN would give Paul any decent coverage, I'm sure he'd be polling higher. I never said the poll was wrong, but I don't think calling someone a loser for a little mistrust in the corporate media is appropriate.

pauliticalfan
10-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Meh, knew this was gonna come out today. Figured it was gonna show Ron around 7%, so 9% is better than expected, and is an improvement from their last poll. We still have a lot of work to do.

erowe1
10-17-2011, 11:23 AM

They accurately predicted the results.

sailingaway
10-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Its still not loserspeak to question or not trust CNN. If CNN would give Paul any decent coverage, I'm sure he'd be polling higher. I never said the poll was wrong, but I don't think calling someone a loser for a little mistrust in the corporate media is appropriate.

That's the thing. A poll just came out with Cain beating obama and it is the top of front page for Google news. The Harris poll where RON beat Obama certainly wasn't. Ron is treated differently by the media and the public assumes it is because he isn't a frontrunner. The polls may be accurate, but the cause isn't Ron's unpopularity but the media winnowing the field.

PaulConventionWV
10-17-2011, 11:40 AM

This is a very ignorant statement. Statistics is a science. They don't have to get everybody for it to be somewhat accurate. The "I wasn't polled" meme is just ignorant of how statistical analyses actually work.

That said, I'm not so sure I trust these polls either. They are just too good to be true for the establishment. It fits right into their narrative of Paul staying in the 10% range but never actually getting up there with the leaders. I doubt a poll will actually show that, even if it does happen. In the end, I think we all know they won't let him win.

PaulConventionWV
10-17-2011, 11:43 AM

Their polls have proven accurate because you're seeing what they want you to see.

Karsten
10-17-2011, 11:47 AM

They were not correct at all if you looked at the polls in October of 2007, where we were polling 1-3% and would get super excited if we got one with 4%. We ended up doing much better than that. 10% in the first contest in Iowa, up to the 20%'s in some states, and we picked up a sizeable amount of delegates.

Echoes
10-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Some ppl still think its early, i dont.

We need something dramatic soon. GOP voters are dumber then obama zombies. Foreal, they're retarded.

They scream smaller govt, this and that, blah blah, and have RP right in front of their face, a modern day thomas jefferson but they prefer mr universal healthcare or mr fed. Unreal !!

bolidew
10-17-2011, 11:48 AM
The media didn't treat Rand Paul so badly though, WHY?
Is it only because TPTB don't like Ron's message?

Brett85
10-17-2011, 11:49 AM
This is at least a little better than the PPP and Rasmussen polls. We still have a lot of work to do though.

musicmax
10-17-2011, 11:55 AM

RealClearPolitics, October 17, 2007

Giuliani 28.2
Thompson 18.7
Romney 12.7
McCain 12.3
Huckabee 6.0
Paul 2.8

Karsten
10-17-2011, 12:20 PM

Giuliani 28.2
Thompson 18.7
Romney 12.7
McCain 12.3
Huckabee 6.0
Paul 2.8

Huckabee was lower than us, he went on to win the Iowa caucus. Mccain was only slightly higher than us, he went on to win the nomination. Even Paul did better than 2.8. And, do I really need to talk about the people at the top of the list?

Deborah K
10-17-2011, 12:23 PM
To me it seems the real indicator is how much money each candidate is pulling in from individual donors. Cain may be high in the polls right now, but what's his war chest look like? Romney and Perry are funded by the establishment. Who are the people giving their money to? Why isn't that being reported? Or is it?

John F Kennedy III
10-17-2011, 12:36 PM

What tfurrh said.

Yeah, its losery to not trust corporate media....what a loser man. God, why don't you become a winner and believe everything CNN tells you.

All the dude said was he didn't trust them....I don't either. AND THATS NOT LOSER.

Karsten
10-17-2011, 01:19 PM

Giuliani 28.2
Paul 2.8

Paul ended up getting more votes than Giuliani in state they both competed in. That doesn't mean the polls were wrong, it just means that voters opinions changed drastically from October until the primaries.
I feel like these forums unnecessarily go back and forth between extreme optimism and pessimism.