PDA

View Full Version : Democrats diagnose unemployment problems

tsai3904
10-16-2011, 10:32 PM
http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/boneheaded-economics_595927.html

Barbara Lee, a House member from California, is upset about computerized checkout lines at grocery stores. She avoids lines with no flesh-and-blood checker. “I refuse to do that,” Lee said at a House Appropriations Committee hearing, “I know that’s a job or two or three that’s gone.”

Representative Jesse Jackson Jr. of Illinois is up in arms about the iPad, which he declared on the House floor recently is “now probably responsible for eliminating thousands of jobs.” Alas, “what becomes of bookstores and librarians and all the jobs associated with paper?” Quite soon, he said, “such jobs will simply not exist.”

House minority leader Nancy Pelosi has her own remedy for the jobs dearth: Extend unemployment benefits. “It injects demand into the economy,” she insists. “It creates jobs faster than almost any other initiative you can name.” It has the “double benefit” of putting money in the pockets of the jobless and acting as a “job creator.”

Representative Keith Ellison of Minnesota is the champion of job creation by adding to the regulatory burden of businesses. Sounds counter-productive, right? Not so, Ellison told MSNBC. Companies will have to hire more people to comply with new regs. “If the government says, look, we have got to reduce our carbon footprint, you will kick into gear a whole number of people that know how to do that or have ideas about that, and that will be a job engine,” Ellison said.

Pauls' Revere
10-17-2011, 01:32 AM
and sadly...people will drink this kool aid.

Xenophage
10-17-2011, 01:44 AM
Like reading a chapter out of Atlas Shrugged.

Czolgosz
10-17-2011, 01:49 AM
A California Democrat. lol

squarepusher
10-17-2011, 01:50 AM
A California Democrat. lol

lol

Rocket_pilot
10-17-2011, 01:57 AM
I still feel sorry for the unemployed buggy whip makers. The car put them out of business. Progress sucks.

Sarcasm of course....