PDA

View Full Version : Schiff on Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan, Occupy Wall Street!

qwerty
10-16-2011, 12:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iJvtQpyx1A&feature=player_embedded

Captain Shays
10-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Excellent! Spread this around the world over

Darin
10-16-2011, 01:18 PM
The bit on OWS is awesome! Although I don't think he fully understands the OWS movement. Most of them aren't upset over the bailouts themselves. They liked and wanted the bailouts, and would even welcome further bailouts. They're upset over how the bailouts were handled. That's the difference between them and the Tea Party. Tea Party thinks they shouldn't have happened at all, OWS thinks they should have happened but been administered more carefully.

Unfortunately many of the OWS people don't understand that the mishandling of the bailout is itself a natural result of the policy of bailing failure out. Especially when corruption is involved, which is practically inevitable.

- Darin

IndianaPolitico
10-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Peter Schiff IS right...

wgadget
10-16-2011, 01:50 PM
The bit on OWS is awesome! Although I don't think he fully understands the OWS movement. Most of them aren't upset over the bailouts themselves. They liked and wanted the bailouts, and would even welcome further bailouts. They're upset over how the bailouts were handled. That's the difference between them and the Tea Party. Tea Party thinks they shouldn't have happened at all, OWS thinks they should have happened but been administered more carefully.

Unfortunately many of the OWS people don't understand that the mishandling of the bailout is itself a natural result of the policy of bailing failure out. Especially when corruption is involved, which is practically inevitable.

- Darin

You mean like Herman Cain at the last debate? LOL

Darin
10-16-2011, 01:54 PM
You mean like Herman Cain at the last debate? LOL

Haha, oh yeah... I didn't even think about that when watching. And he's supposed to be a Tea Party candidate, right?! Ha! Just goes to show how far the Tea Party has been taken over. Wish we could take it back.

- Darin

wgadget
10-16-2011, 01:54 PM
What if a wealthy person hides their savings under their mattress?

bb_dg
10-16-2011, 01:56 PM

They'll spend it eventually, people don't spend their money so they can spend it later. Though in reality, wealthy people don't do that, they put it in banks.

Sola_Fide
10-16-2011, 02:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iJvtQpyx1A&feature=player_embedded

I wish everyone here would listen to Peter's answer to OWS. It was perfect.

Darin
10-16-2011, 02:12 PM

Every second it's under the mattress its value declines. :D

The way I understand in a true free market with sound money, they wouldn't be able to hide it under their mattress for long since eventually it would effect the supply/demand structure. Someone correct me if I misunderstand this please!

- Darin

VIDEODROME
10-16-2011, 03:15 PM
I'd rather occupy Bourbon St.

Dr.3D
10-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Every second it's under the mattress its value declines. :D

That's only because of the hidden inflation tax imposed upon us by the Federal Reserve. If that tax were taken away, we would have something much closer to capitalism.

beardedlinen
10-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Schiff is spot on when it comes to OWS...and everything else as usual.

One of the few, along with Paul, that predicted the recession.

Eric21ND
10-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Did Peter say there were four 9's?

Dr.3D
10-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Did Peter say there were four 9's?

I heard that. I believe he said Cain hasn't mentioned the payroll tax.