PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul to take 39k salary as president?

squarepusher
10-16-2011, 11:42 AM
not official of course, but this is from the LA Times comments section of this article
http://discussions.latimes.com/20/lanews/la-fg-pentagon-drone-20111014/10

Joemely Feliciano at 12:59 PM October 15, 2011

Ron Paul’s detailed agenda for America will be disclosed next week and a senior official with his campaign tells The Brody File that it includes eliminating five governmental departments, cutting one trillion dollars in spending and Dr. Paul would take a presidential salary of just $39, 336, which is the median salary of the American worker (The President’s base salary is normally $400,000).

confirmed or rumor?

Seraphim
10-16-2011, 11:43 AM
That's what a real leader does.

zerosdontcount
10-16-2011, 11:43 AM
we'll find out tomorrow.. for now I'de say rumor with high possibility of it being part of his plan

squarepusher
10-16-2011, 11:47 AM
That's what a real leader does.

exactly, hes not some royalty like what modern presidents seems to have turned into

kylejack
10-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Looks bogus to me. The guy doesn't look like a player in the campaign. https://twitter.com/#!/joemely

squarepusher
10-16-2011, 11:49 AM
heres the link apparently referenced
http://blogs.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/archive/2011/10/14/exclusive-ron-pauls-agenda-to-include-eliminating-cabinet-secretaries-and.aspx

Exclusive: Ron Paul's Agenda To Include Eliminating Five Government Departments And He Will Take $39,336 Presidential Salary

Ron Paul’s detailed agenda for America will be disclosed next week and a senior official with his campaign tells The Brody File that it includes eliminating five governmental departments, cutting one trillion dollars in spending and Dr. Paul would take a presidential salary of just $39, 336, which is the median salary of the American worker (The President’s base salary is normally $400,000).

The five departments that would be abolished are the Departments of Education, Energy, Housing and Urban Development, Commerce and Interior. However, while the departments would be eliminated, the plan would be to roll certain functions into other departments. For example, the Department of Education would be done away with but pell grant programs would be phased in somewhere else.

There’s a lot more details to come but those will be unveiled Monday in Las Vegas.

The mainstream media wants to continue to discount Ron Paul even though his poll numbers are healthy, his fundraising is strong and his message is resonating. Now, in this 2012 campaign, he has developed a new wrinkle as he tries to make a concerted pitch to pro-life social conservatives by talking up the value of human life. Ron Paul is not called Dr. Paul for nothing. He’s an obstetrician.

Coming off his big straw poll victory at the Values Voter Summit, he’s now out with an extremely compelling pro-life ad. Watch below.

While Ron Paul may not win the nomination, his constitutional conservative beliefs have already won him something far more valuable and long lasting: changing the discourse in American politics. My guess is the Godfather of the Tea Party would rather have that be his legacy than becoming President of the United States. The media scoffed at him in 2008 but who’s having the last laugh?

The Brody File will be interviewing Ron Paul next week in Las Vegas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkAsLPrnJGc&feature=player_embedded

If this is true, this would be a huge home run for the campaign.

LibertAtOnce
10-16-2011, 11:50 AM
cutting 360k from his own salary is more than congress has cut all together

HOLLYWOOD
10-16-2011, 01:06 PM
To hell with the salaries... just look at Michele Obama's Budget and Staff... How many millions has that alone cost the taxpayers?

How much have these aristocrats spent just on travel?

Symbolic, but the people just want free stuff and don't have a clue how government and THE FED create inflation.

FreedomProsperityPeace
10-16-2011, 05:28 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Dr. Paul take a salary cut. Even cutting it in half would be a big move.

Jingles
10-16-2011, 05:37 PM
To hell with the salaries... just look at Michele Obama's Budget and Staff... How many millions has that alone cost the taxpayers?

How much have these aristocrats spent just on travel?

Symbolic, but the people just want free stuff and don't have a clue how government and THE FED create inflation.

This is good politics, don't complain. People want to know that politicians understand what the situation of the country is/how they currently feel. This is a good move for displaying that and showing that he isn't like everyone else and truly cares about the American people.

Anti Federalist
10-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Let's hope this is the case.

anaconda
10-16-2011, 05:40 PM
But $1 trillion doesn't balance the budget and RP has pledged to veto any unbalanced budget. Has Ron flip-flopped?

anaconda
10-16-2011, 05:44 PM
not official of course, but this is from the LA Times comments section of this article
http://discussions.latimes.com/20/lanews/la-fg-pentagon-drone-20111014/10

confirmed or rumor?

http://blogs.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/archive/2011/10/14/exclusive-ron-pauls-agenda-to-include-eliminating-cabinet-secretaries-and.aspx

qh4dotcom
10-16-2011, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't mind if he kept his $170k current salary...being President of the USA is probably the most stressful job in the world.

Earning $39k as president is not the same as earning $39k as an average American...an average American does not get all the benefits of being President like free housing, free security, etc.

Also the problem is I see with the 39k presidential salary policy is people are going to ask why he did not earn that kind of salary as a member of Congress.

fisharmor
10-16-2011, 06:04 PM
I wouldn't mind if he kept his $170k current salary...being President of the USA is probably the most stressful job in the world.

Maybe he aims to change that.
How stressful is it, really, to say "NO" all day?
;)

Gumba of Liberty
10-16-2011, 06:04 PM

Earning $39k as president is not the same as earning $39k as an average American...an average American does not get all the benefits of being President like free housing, free security, etc.

Also the problem is I see with the 39k presidential salary policy is people are going to ask why he did not earn that kind of salary as a member of Congress.

He will probably pay himself with Gold Eagles at Face Value ;)

GreenBulldog
10-16-2011, 06:06 PM

It shouldn't be that stressful...If the government is as small as it's suppose to be.

Like he said, a busy president is a dangerous president.