PDA

View Full Version : Please stop whineing in the comments of every article that mentions Ron Paul

Razmear
10-16-2011, 08:48 AM
This is making us look weak. Every time I find an article about Ron Paul, then read it and think, that was a fair writeup, there is some whiner who picks out one point they disagree with and starts slamming the reporter as a corporate shill or Yellow Journalist.

Here is a link to a rather nice article about Ron Paul from UPI:

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/10/16/Politics-2011-Ron-Paul-adds-buzz-to-GOP-nominating-process/UPI-99001318752000/

and the comment I posted in disgust after reading some of the Pro Ron Paul comments:

I support Ron Paul 100% and I thank the author for writing this article.
To those who are complaining below, the article informs the public about Ron's issues and also quote some people who disagree with him. That is not Yellow Journalism, that is honest reporting.
Please stop complaining every time someone reports that someone else said something about Ron's chances to be elected, you are making Ron Paul's supporters look like a bunch of whiners instead of the Patriots that we are.
I see no personal opinions of the author in this article, only quotes of others, which makes this fair journalism, and overall a very nice write up of Ron's positions.
Thank you Nicole for helping us break out of the Media Blackout.

You are not furthering the cause of liberty by bitching all the time. Yes, the media black out is a legitimate concern, but when a reporter quotes someone else saying Ron won't win the nomination as a footnote to a nicer piece about Ron, that is the reporter doing her job, and insulting that reporter is not going to help us convince more people to write articles about Ron.

eb

NewRightLibertarian
10-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Nah, I think we should definitely continue to call out media spin. I disagree that it makes us look 'weak'

TexMac
10-16-2011, 09:13 AM
Razmear has a point. Too many RP supporters are on autopilot in comments, automatically whining and insulting the journalist, even when the article is mostly positive.

It sounds dumb and lazy, like the commenter couldn't make the effort to write an honest critique.

On the other hand, I've found some comment threads that make me proud of all the RP supporters who sound intelligent and thoughtful.

jasonxe
10-16-2011, 09:14 AM
maybe we should black out media with 1 person to call them out?

TexMac
10-16-2011, 09:16 AM
We should probably skip commenting on stupid articles. I've noticed that some journalists seem to deliberately set out to tweak RP people, like that eyebrow story guy at IBT. They know they'll get a bunch of outraged comments and drive their hits up.

acptulsa
10-16-2011, 09:19 AM
I don't have a problem with us telling the so-called 'journalists' why and how they're wrong. But the way to do it is not by whining or insulting, but by contradicting them--specifically by saying in the same statement why they're wrong and Ron Paul's right.

Ron Paul isn't an isolationist. He believes in engaging other nations, it's just that he can think of other ways to do it than by bombing them.

sailingaway
10-16-2011, 09:41 AM
I don't even click on articles that are clearly just insulting Ron to bait us. That eyebrow nonsense can get its clicks elsewhere (or not) as far as I'm concerned, and I don't click if the word shows up in a preview. They make money when we read them.

Omnica
10-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Consider that those wanting to defame Dr. Paul might pretend to support him in a whiney, COINTELRPOish fashion?

Tod
10-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Ron Paul isn't an isolationist. He believes in engaging other nations, it's just that he can think of other ways to do it than by bombing them.

Hah! What a GREAT line!

Patriot123
10-16-2011, 10:24 AM
+rep

Thanks for speaking the truth.

Butchie
10-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Well, if I could counterpoint you this article was clearly written to appear positive in the title but it was not, just an example:

A Family Research Council leader, however, told CNN Paul is an interloper who influenced results of the Voter Values poll by busing supporters to the event.

or

"He is a cause candidate. He's running to get the Libertarian agenda out for the public to inspect."

or this

"He's not running to get nominated," political observer Schier said. "He's running to keep the Libertarian agenda out for public inspection."

OK, you argue she personally didn't say these things, this is true, but then why even put them in your article? I'm sure she could have found numerous people who had positive or at best neutral things to say, but instead she focused in on the negative, and on top of that how about printing the rebuke to those statements like the fact that Ron has said clearly he is in it to win, as for the whole "bus people in" thing why has no reporter followed up on that? They just keep re-printing that accussation with no proof whatsoever to back it up, did they say these things about MB or HC, and we all know MB in fact DID bus people in, fact is this article in general was not favorable and I don't see how you are seeing it that way.

TexMac
10-16-2011, 10:57 AM
They put that in the article because that's what people who ran the thing said. It's news that they were discrediting their own straw poll.

donnay
10-16-2011, 11:07 AM
As a Ron Paul supporter, I believe we have a chance to plant seeds in peoples minds by countering what some hack wrote--without insults. I am reminded of things my grandmother tried to instill in my head as a child, "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."

It's not hard to do, Dr. Paul's record speaks for itself. We may just have to spoon feed some people, because as a general rule, most people distrust politicians, and for good reason, so it is hard for many to think that there is truly an honest man running for President--it's our job to point it out!

Revolution9
10-16-2011, 11:08 AM
+rep

Thanks for speaking the truth.

What is your game? Just because you have patriot in your handle does not mean you can waltz in here and try this. I nailed you on another thread this morning for trying to stop RP supporters from posting their thoughts. Yer in here whining. I think you need to change your tack or you are gonna be labeled cointelpro. You do exactly what a supposed RP supporter that is not really one would do. Razmear is correct about whining. Winners do not whine. You simply do not want anyone to challenge another on what they wrote about RP. What is your game? What are you doing to promote RP? All I see from you now that I have been paying attention is you taking backhanded potshots at the grassroots enthusiasm like you want to shut it down and have people second guessing themselves continually. That is FUDmongering.

Rev9

Revolution9
10-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Consider that those wanting to defame Dr. Paul might pretend to support him in a whiney, COINTELRPOish fashion?

See Patriot123's postings for an example.

Rev9

Razmear
10-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Just finished watching The Wages of Fear (1945) and came back to look at the comments in the article and here.
Some nice ones in the article since I posted:

kev (1 hour ago)

you should try writing your next piece from the front seat of a car, parked inside closed garage ,with engine running.if you get sleepy take a little nap.

José Saúl Sánchez Valverde (1 hour ago)

NICOLE DEBEVEC is just another example of a biased journalist against liberty! She is a clear example of ignorance and lack of faith on freedom! Shame on you NICOLE DEBEVEC.

There are more stupid posts, but you get the point.
I remember in 2007 if any journalist even mentioned Ron's name we would send them flowers, we are doing much better in the press this time around, but unfortunately some of Ron's more fanatical supporters might end up being his worst enemies as in every article about Ron there are twits in the comments making us all look like assholes.
Respectfully disagreeing with someone is fine, wishing them dead is not. Simple enough I'd hope.

eb