PDA

View Full Version : eBay Promotion Idea....

shadowtitan9997
10-16-2011, 02:26 AM
Hello Everyone,

Before I begin I would like to say one thing: I have no idea if this is the correct place to put this - so I apologize.

The best place to start is with the boring stuff - my background. I have been a Ron Paul supporter for quite a few years, but have never been active politically simply because I didn't feel the need to. But since this election, and previously since Obama, I have been forced into saying something about my beliefs on why Ron Paul has to become President, if no other reason, because he still hasn't become elected or taken seriously. So, I would like to help support Ron Paul the best I can. (Of course, I have had some personal debates in the past few weeks that have pushed me from passive to active, too.)

So here is the idea. For a while I have been an avid eBay seller (with an eBay storefront), l and currently have a listing rate of about 200 items per month (so it isn't a very large store, but expanding rapidly). But that is "the" thing. As far I know, and as far as I have asked eBay, I am completely allowed to post Ron Paul banners on all of my listings (just as long as there are no clickable links) without violating eBay's user policies. So why not create a Ron Paul Support group in "eBay Groups" and send the word to other eBay sellers, who are willing to support Ron Paul, to join this group and publicly place banners across a major U.S. market place, for free.

I don't know if this would work, or if it is even a good idea. All I know is that I am currently an eBay seller, so I might as well see about helping in the things I am already doing. Please share your opinions, all are welcome.

Sincerely,
ShadowTitan

InTradePro
10-16-2011, 07:08 AM
ShadowTitan,

Welcome to the forum.
An interesting idea. Please try it and see if eBay are happy with it.

ed howard
10-17-2011, 07:20 AM
Devil's Advocate stuff...

1. Most successful businesspeople try to keep their politics separate from business.
The goal in business is to maximize the odds of success. Since I know that I would
chase away bidders by posting Obama banners on listings, I would not do it.
2. By law, Ebay's policies need to be consistent. If one were to map your idea to the
2008 general election, I see big problems. Once McCain supporters start placing banners,
Obama supporters start placing banners. How many people are not bidding on stuff because
they detest one of the candidates. Seller looses. Now imagine some Obama supporters
setting up new accounts or sacrificing seldom used accounts by bidding ridiculously high on
all McCain supporters stuff then not sending the money and placing bad feedback on sellers. It
could get ugly. Ebay would not want this to happen. Therefore, they must prohibit you from
doing it - since they can't pick and choose which candidate banners are permitted. So this idea
will only work as long as it flies under Ebay's radar. I.E. as long as it is unsuccessful....