PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Raids: Fundraising/Youtube Moneybomb Boost! [Have 24/30 participants]

TheTyke
10-15-2011, 09:56 PM
WHEN: Tuesday, October 18, at 9:30 P.M. EST.
WHERE: Ron Paul Raids chatroom (enter chat and click "Rooms" tab)
WHY: To get top comments and suggest concrete action to hundreds of thousands of new donors & voters
REQUIRED: Youtube and RPF Accounts

Let's have a big turnout and get our message out to every Youtube viewer and magnify the moneybomb!

Also, please vote up and "unspam" these comments from our last 2 raids:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?323464-Ron-Paul-Raid-Night-1-Vote-These-Up!/page4
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?323704-Ron-Paul-Raid-Night-2-VOTE

Concept:
I've noticed to some distress that it is tough to get useful comments at the top of popular Youtube videos. They get lost too fast, even if they are posted on the forum and people try to thumb them up. Yes, top comments are usually feel-good "Dr. Paul will be the best president ever!!!" but these seem like lost opportunities to reach hundreds of thousands of people with important ACTIONS they can take - donating, spreading the word, registering to vote etc.

And when we are talking 6,000 pledges here, 15,000 there, reaching hundreds of thousands people is a big deal. Perhaps over time, it could be make the difference of millions of dollars?

Most top comments get there with as few as 11 to 30 thumbs up. So I was thinking of how we could get those in a reliable fashion, video after popular video. And I remembered how a tightly-coordinated band of 10-40 people set up with the right tools (in this case, Youtube accounts and voice chat) and strategy used to work together in MMO raids. A leader could designate a video and post a comment, and immediately the rest of the group could thumb it up and take the top spot. If countless people are willing to do that for a game, wouldn't we be willing to do try something similar to save the country? How many could we get?

Of course, there are some technical things I don't yet understand. Does Youtube cycle top comments or filter out voting in too close proximity? And depending on the answers, would it still be worth 30 min or an hour to get the top comment on every popular video? Is there a voice service we could use, that combines includes text chat for posting links? I suppose if everyone was paying attention, we could use a normal chatroom (I'll edit the OP when we decide which to use) If it's successful, we could weigh the effectiveness of doing this in other mediums - Digg, Reddit, or even comments on certain news pages that let the thumbs up go to the top. We should probably do it after 9PM since hopefully many of us are busy making phone-from-home (http://phone.ronpaul2012.com) calls until that point.

So with that in mind, I propose trial runs on Sunday, October 16 at 9:30 P.M. EST and Tuesday, October 18, at 9:30 P.M. EST. If successful, top comments will greet everyone looking at Youtube directly after the debate! Please add your opinion, and RSVP in the poll!

Ngl1
10-15-2011, 09:58 PM
I'm totally in, and I think you've touched upon a great idea. I'll be watching for the edit so we can find a place to organize this.

Edit: voted, will be at both.

1stAmendguy
10-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Could we maybe coordinate this in the chat room on this forum? I think utilizing the chat room on here is the perfect place to communicate to each other if we're going to do this YouTube operation instead of following and posting on long threads. What do you think TheTyke? Good idea?

JoshLowry
10-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Good stuff, I'd love to be a part of this one.

I came across this recently: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Don't know if it is better than say ventrilo. I could also create a dedicated chat room for this.

TheTyke
10-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the participation!

Sounds like a great idea 1stAmendguy!

Josh - If it's not too much trouble to set up a dedicated chatroom, that'd be great! We'll see how it goes with just chat, and if communication is lacking we can try voice later. I'll check out Mumble in the meantime, just in case.

We can also build a list of important videos ahead of time, so we can maximize the time-effectiveness of the group.

Edit: And don't forget to invite friends if you think it's a good idea. I estimate we need 11 minimum, and 40 would probably be enough for just about any video.

LibertyEsq
10-15-2011, 10:24 PM
This is an excellent idea. I can see us getting top comments on "most viewed" videos and getting 100,000's to know about BTO. Sign me up for tomorrow and let me know if we have a vent to use

1stAmendguy
10-15-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm in.

JoshLowry
10-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the participation!

Sounds like a great idea 1stAmendguy!

Josh - If it's not too much trouble to set up a dedicated chatroom, that'd be great! We'll see how it goes with just chat, and if communication is lacking we can try voice later. I'll check out Mumble in the meantime, just in case.

We can also build a list of important videos ahead of time, so we can maximize the time-effectiveness of the group.

Edit: And don't forget to invite friends if you think it's a good idea. I estimate we need 11 minimum, and 40 would probably be enough for just about any video.

Yea, it's like two mouse clicks. :)

I think we can fill the chat with a good 30 people in our room tomorrow.

This needs to become a daily thing. People always pushing.

TheTyke
10-15-2011, 11:35 PM
Yea, it's like two mouse clicks. :)

I think we can fill the chat with a good 30 people in our room tomorrow.

This needs to become a daily thing. People always pushing.

That'd be awesome! We can probably take most of the top videos in that event... and as you point out, it could be done to a lesser extent at other times. Looking forward to trying!

growburn13
10-16-2011, 12:08 AM
I'll be on for both times. I'll even set an alarm on my phone to remind me half an hour in advance.

nc4rp
10-16-2011, 05:06 AM
I'll be on for both times. I'll even set an alarm on my phone to remind me half an hour in advance.

same here. ill play along.

OP looks like you put some thought into this. i hope it works.

king_nothing_
10-16-2011, 05:30 AM
It's a good idea, but I don't see why voice chat or chatrooms are necessary. Wouldn't it be easier (and probably even work better) if we had a "YouTube MoneyBomb Top Comments Campaign" (or w/e) thread that we keep bumped? With voice chat or a chatroom, only the people who are on at the exact time a link is posted will be able to vote up the comment. With a thread, the links are always there for everyone to read whenever they come along.

chri5opher
10-16-2011, 05:34 AM
//

InTradePro
10-16-2011, 06:32 AM
Excellent idea only that times don't work for me.

1stAmendguy
10-16-2011, 08:00 AM
It's a good idea, but I don't see why voice chat or chatrooms are necessary. Wouldn't it be easier (and probably even work better) if we had a "YouTube MoneyBomb Top Comments Campaign" (or w/e) thread that we keep bumped? With voice chat or a chatroom, only the people who are on at the exact time a link is posted will be able to vote up the comment. With a thread, the links are always there for everyone to read whenever they come along.

We've tried that before with bumping the threads. It not as effective because top comments only remain on the top of the comments section for a limited amount of time, and if we went with the threads it would be hard to get everyone to participate thumbing up at the exact same time. The linked videos posted in the threads become obsolete after a while since the BTO comments no longer appear and they would be of no use. Plus, it's difficult to organize an operation like this in a thread. There will have to be a consensus of who decides which videos and who posts the video links to everyone. We're trying to get everyone on board at once. A chatroom allows for better organization for something like this in my opinion.

TheTyke
10-16-2011, 09:31 AM
We've tried that before with bumping the threads. It not as effective because top comments only remain on the top of the comments section for a limited amount of time, and if we went with the threads it would be hard to get everyone to participate thumbing up at the exact same time. The linked videos posted in the threads become obsolete after a while since the BTO comments no longer appear and they would be of no use. Plus, it's difficult to organize an operation like this in a thread. There will have to be a consensus of who decides which videos and who posts the video links to everyone. We're trying to get everyone on board at once. A chatroom allows for better organization for something like this in my opinion.

Well said. I tried to help with some of those threads, but many of the comments were already over 5 pages deep! If we have enough people doing it at once, hopefully we'll STAY at the top - and maybe even start a trend of thumbing up moneybomb/registration comments. :D

jufreese
10-16-2011, 09:50 AM
http://youtu.be/oyC6ieSFOFM

Life ad....just posted unlisted from official rp youtube page.

has 4400 views now....

simplyjacy
10-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Count me in. would love to help in any way I can.

XTreat
10-16-2011, 09:56 AM
There is a consolidated list of youtube videos somewhere. They should be added to the OP.

cucucachu0000
10-16-2011, 10:18 AM
i like this idea im in!

JoshLowry
10-16-2011, 11:33 AM
14 attending!

Keep this thread bumped!

I'll be at a bbq for awhile but will be back in time.

london
10-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Will you be doing any of these during reasonable international hours? It could be a good way for international supporters to contribute to the campaign.

JoshLowry
10-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Will you be doing any of these during reasonable international hours? It could be a good way for international supporters to contribute to the campaign.

Bumping, this is the first one, so let's see how it goes!

We have people on RPF that are up and posting even in the wee hours of the morning.

John F Kennedy III
10-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Bumpness.

notsure
10-16-2011, 01:36 PM
http://i.eprci.net/bump

qwerty
10-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Great idea! I wish i could parcipate BUT there are so much different time on my country that i canīt do it... :(

TheTexan
10-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Add me to the list

Crotale
10-16-2011, 01:50 PM
It would be more effective to hit Facebook and Twitter en masse than YouTube.

1stAmendguy
10-16-2011, 02:46 PM
bump

So is anyone working to compile a list of videos to bomb yet?

JoshLowry
10-16-2011, 03:19 PM
bump!

JoshLowry
10-16-2011, 03:23 PM
I think if we hit up the most viewed politically related videos, that would be most effective as they will continue pulling in views.

TheTyke
10-16-2011, 05:51 PM
I will begin building a list of videos so that it's ready to go at 9:30.

We also need to come up with a short yet compelling message advertising BlackThisOut. Should it include a reminder to Register (R) for Ron as well, since many deadlines are coming up? And I think it should encourage others to spread the word as well... hopefully we're just the seed of even more activity. But it can't get too wordy..

It would be more effective to hit Facebook and Twitter en masse than YouTube.

The first version will target Youtube for the sake of simplicity and measurability, but let's discuss what we could do with those as well. We won't have the hundreds or thousands of votes needed to move polls, but rather the quick, coordinated movement of 30-40 which could keep Youtube comments from getting lost. It seemed to me like 30-40 tweets or "likes" would be a drop in the bucket, and if we post regularly on Facebook anyhow, we are reaching the same audience repeatedly - not new people. Unless we were to go bigger pages/causes and thumb comments up, which is an interesting concept. Keep the ideas coming as to how we can apply this concept most effectively to reach new people & unaware Paul supporters!

XTreat
10-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Bump for subscription.

MJU1983
10-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Am I early?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/MJU1983/gangbang.jpg

CaseyJones
10-16-2011, 06:43 PM
bump

Eric21ND
10-16-2011, 06:44 PM
What videos?

1stAmendguy
10-16-2011, 06:46 PM
I think the message should include something telling people to attend the Moneybomb on Facebook. I know YouTube doesn't allow http links so maybe say "Attend on Facebook - Black This Out Money Bomb!"

CaseyJones
10-16-2011, 06:48 PM
I have created an extra room titled Ron Paul Raids use the rooms tab to find it and then click on it to enter, there you will find Tyke

NickOdell
10-16-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm in for tuesday.

1stAmendguy
10-16-2011, 07:11 PM
T-minus 20 minutes. Whoever wants to participate in this please head over to the chat room now:)

1stAmendguy
10-16-2011, 07:23 PM
T-minus 10 minutes

If you want to participate in this head over to the RPF chat room right now

We're in the room "Ron Paul Raid"

r3volution
10-16-2011, 07:27 PM
we could use more poeple , JOIN THE CHAT !

SchleckBros
10-16-2011, 07:35 PM
STARTING NOW

Come join the "Ron Paul Raid" chat room

justatrey
10-16-2011, 07:38 PM
A little late, but I'm in for both. Let's do this!

1stAmendguy
10-16-2011, 07:42 PM
We're having a problem with our message being marked as spam... We'll get it figured out

culvereric
10-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Could a Mod please un ban me from the chatroom. its been a few months now

JoshLowry
10-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Turning on home pc. Sorry I'm late!Will look into your ban culvereric

CaseyJones
10-16-2011, 07:51 PM
meh unban him but he is on probation ... we need more people!

icecap
10-16-2011, 07:53 PM
I would join in but I am never able to join the chat room thanks to Java.

LibertyEsq
10-16-2011, 08:11 PM
bump everyone get in rpf chat - ron paul raid room

1stAmendguy
10-16-2011, 08:19 PM
bump

Elwar
10-17-2011, 05:04 AM
Why not just post a link to all of the YouTube videos in the OP and we can go click the thumbs up?

jufreese
10-17-2011, 05:15 AM
http://youtu.be/oyC6ieSFOFM

Life ad

http://youtu.be/Bq0kv4n5Yfs

New Texas Straight Talk
(current top comment promoting BTO)

http://youtu.be/VlYG6vh2T-M

Plastic Men ad

1stAmendguy
10-17-2011, 07:24 PM
bump

TheTyke
10-17-2011, 09:53 PM
We've had some good success, learned a more how the systems work, so the next should be even more effective! The more participation, the the more popular videos we can advertise on, so please help out if you've a spare 30 minutes or so! Tonight at 9:30 PM we will meet in the Ron Paul Raids chat (Join RPF Chat, click the Rooms tab, then double click "Ron Paul Raids.") Let's put the moneybomb into overdrive - TONIGHT!

TheTyke
10-18-2011, 04:52 PM
BUMP! Tonight at 9:30... let's paint Youtube BTO so everyone coming from the debates knows how important it is!